Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,298 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? (61291 Views)

Who Is Your Greatest Header Of The Ball In Football History? / Quoz Time Time In Football. What Is The Name Of This Ball, And The Year It Was U / Who Remembers This Ball? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by Goldbw122(m): 8:44pm On Feb 19, 2022
Rubber ball.. that is what I know, it is called.
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by Lordbinsmar: 8:45pm On Feb 19, 2022
Amotolongbo:
My brother called it Foke

You get am ooo foke or pake grin grin
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by holaphem(m): 8:46pm On Feb 19, 2022
illicit:
Ball onike

Plastic ball
you be man wey sabi onike indeed, e dey pain person for leg die lol.... grin

2 Likes

Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by zedman1(m): 8:47pm On Feb 19, 2022
Question I never asked till today.... Why dem do this kind ball for small children then felele for the slightly older ones? Na this one we bin de take start soccer with till we graduate to felele, then case/health then lastly FIFA. Our generation no try for us, my toes bin hear am.

2 Likes

Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by seunattorney: 8:50pm On Feb 19, 2022
Panke #20
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by locoster(m): 8:52pm On Feb 19, 2022
Triangles1:
Plastic ball mainly for Kidd's, the ball is for Pako childrens because if you're the type that take custard you can't have the courage to kick this ball, another upgraded ball is FELELE, HEALTH.

Correct.

There's another one that made of rubber/gum. it bounce anyhow when you hit it on the floor or at any object.

2 Likes

Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by TheOmoney(m): 8:53pm On Feb 19, 2022
paulolee:
kpako ball...that was the best tin to happen to street children back den, the ball can serve for a long time n even wen e press, jus place it near fire n it would rise again..
na mostly children de get dis ball, our bros dey roll with dt felele or double leather type...
growing up was fun jhare, back den we were wishing to turn adults bt now I wish I can turn back d hand of time to wen I was a kid..
jus play all day n mum de provide our needs n i didn't know how difficult it is to take care of children..
GOD bless out parents jhare..

LEGEND

1 Like

Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by williams2326(m): 8:55pm On Feb 19, 2022
Felele
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by Godmercy86(m): 8:56pm On Feb 19, 2022
donbachi:
Childhood.
U dare not change the owner of the ball
U kick am anyhow,him go vex carry ball go
Play ends wen him done tire.
Mind him legs unless una no wan play tomorrow.
u are directly talking to me ooo ���
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by barbstee(m): 9:01pm On Feb 19, 2022
Teeabod:
PANKE!!!!

You said my mind
I've been on the look for who would call it the name

2 Likes

Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by skubee1990: 9:04pm On Feb 19, 2022
Koria grin

1 Like

Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by HillaryNelo(m): 9:05pm On Feb 19, 2022
TheStakeHolder:
Toys for less privileged children. I never touched it.
U won't touch it cos ur hands are less privileged nonsense

1 Like

Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by chronique(m): 9:07pm On Feb 19, 2022
Omicron007:
Childhood days was sweet.
This particular football brings back sweet memories.

We played this on the streets of Rayfield in Jos those years.

Did you play this as a kid?

Let's hear from you!

Yes. Very hard and painful when a shot is aimed at you with this ball.
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by ItsGoodToBeGood: 9:07pm On Feb 19, 2022
SeriouslySense:
Based in the north, i did not know it with the southern names

Alright, that's what we call it where I grew

1 Like

Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by Emola12(m): 9:08pm On Feb 19, 2022
For our side we call it plastic ball (boolu onike)
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by crowther15(m): 9:10pm On Feb 19, 2022
Teeabod:
PANKE!!!!
I have been looking for someone that will type this cheesy... Panke
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by angelEmade: 9:12pm On Feb 19, 2022
Teeabod:
PANKE!!!!
God bless you!! I have been waiting for it..na the real name be this
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by angelEmade: 9:12pm On Feb 19, 2022
barbstee:

You said my mind
I've been on the look for who would call it the name
Same here bro...I kept looking for it not all this kpako people dey talk
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by DrChukki: 9:14pm On Feb 19, 2022
Ball Kpọkirikpọ
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by fineboynl(m): 9:14pm On Feb 19, 2022
Lol. I hate felele. Breeze dey carry felele to another direction. Na Asad ball we de play and leather ball.
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by placeofallure(f): 9:17pm On Feb 19, 2022
RoyalBlu:
If this ball land for person face or head ehn... cheesy

In my university days, my friend and I were recounting our childhood memories, my friend can act like a tomboy at times. She told me of her experience acting as the keeper in a football game. (The other players were boys) That time, she just started to blossom in the chest region. That was when one of the players fired this boolu onike shot and it landed right on her chest Gbam! Her legs wobbled under her weight and down she goes. They carried her off the pitch and that incidence ended her football career. Infact, she no wan hear Man U or Arsenal since then.

1 Like

Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by Westchester(m): 9:24pm On Feb 19, 2022
We dey call am kpokirikpo for my area that year grin
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by passover221(m): 9:25pm On Feb 19, 2022
This ball dey pain if u use toe kick am.

Hehehe. Big boys dat year na felele Dem dey play, us na dis kpako ball. Bigger boys dey play case and bladder.
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by ikorodureporta: 9:27pm On Feb 19, 2022
Na the kyne ball wey we dey take play 4post then

1 Like

Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by tivity101: 9:33pm On Feb 19, 2022
mopo ball. that year sha..... mopo dey sweet oh but e dey suffer.
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by GodisFirst: 9:35pm On Feb 19, 2022
Kpokirikpo,
It is very painful to the feet when played with out Boot of Canvas
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by Joelobioha(m): 9:39pm On Feb 19, 2022
We call it "koriya" in the north only strong men play this shotput ball. grin

2 Likes

Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by ComputerWiz007: 9:40pm On Feb 19, 2022
Join the Manchester United group on Whatsapp
chat.
whatsapp.com/Epo226QUJLp0odasc4gRQf
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Feb 19, 2022
Teeabod:
PANKE!!!!

PALAKE grin cheesy
Almost the same.
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by Theevilone(m): 9:44pm On Feb 19, 2022
Nkpokili
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by BabangidaHamza(m): 9:44pm On Feb 19, 2022
We call it ƙoƙo (a calabash bowl) in Hausa Language
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by jamace(m): 9:45pm On Feb 19, 2022
Only elders are discussing. Indomie generation have nothing to say here. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang's Customized La Ferrari, Worth N800 Million / Crash Site Of Jose Antonion Reyes's Car After Fatal Accident / Nigerian Girl Who Looks Like Neymar. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.