Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,029 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? (61200 Views)

Who Is Your Greatest Header Of The Ball In Football History? / Quoz Time Time In Football. What Is The Name Of This Ball, And The Year It Was U / Who Remembers This Ball? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by Silencer9319: 7:56pm On Feb 19, 2022
Panke
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by Iceking1(m): 7:56pm On Feb 19, 2022
It's called cotonu ball
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by Cyoung4real(m): 7:57pm On Feb 19, 2022
Kpokirikpo. Omo if that pointed side knack you for ankle eh
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by Victorrhymez(m): 7:59pm On Feb 19, 2022
Kpokirikpo ball
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by davessales039(m): 7:59pm On Feb 19, 2022
meedoLock:
Hmmm, how time flies, we call it *panke ball". If you ain't ga money to buy leather ball and you go for this. But last last na ur ankle, shin and kneel go suffer am o. Especially when it's still new, the thing go hard like desert stones grin grin

But was it really about the money?. I don't think it was.
Personally, I never bought it but I played it a lot. Back then we played what ever ball our pals brought. It was all for the fun.

Sometimes, we had 5 or 6 different balls flying around. We kicked any that came near.

1 Like

Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by henrimoto(m): 8:00pm On Feb 19, 2022
illicit:
Ball onike
Plastic ball
two or three aside. hmnn... l'aye "monkey post" haa!

3 Likes

Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by Obiebanks007(m): 8:01pm On Feb 19, 2022
TRUEBLOOD59:
kpako ball.
old memories.
if person marches the ball, we press fingers lightly to reshape it back to normal

This one gat me....lol

2 Likes

Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by henrimoto(m): 8:01pm On Feb 19, 2022
Cyoung4real:
Kpokirikpo. Omo if that pointed side knack you for ankle eh
kikikiki...
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by NwaScore442(m): 8:02pm On Feb 19, 2022
Kpokirikpo! grin
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by Tillatalk: 8:05pm On Feb 19, 2022
TheStakeHolder:
Toys for less privileged children. I never touched it.
most those less privileged children of those years are making names for themselves now some are better than you sef

2 Likes

Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by Britain4(m): 8:08pm On Feb 19, 2022
Remember those days
Got many injuries while playing that ball
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by Danniedpastor(m): 8:08pm On Feb 19, 2022
TheStakeHolder:

You never owned one...
Poor child

2 Likes

Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by seyz91(m): 8:09pm On Feb 19, 2022
cheesy
illicit:
Ball onike

Plastic ball

1 Like

Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by Ejjis(m): 8:09pm On Feb 19, 2022
We call it kpoikpoi..
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by awoniyi1236(m): 8:12pm On Feb 19, 2022
Koria ball Corona Jos north

2 Likes

Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by PKURLINZ: 8:17pm On Feb 19, 2022
Na rubber ball we dey call am[color=#000000][/color]
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by davessales039(m): 8:17pm On Feb 19, 2022
Dmacqh:

Even the gods will be disappointed if I didn’t make it HUGE in football . I’ll be ashamed because the brain I got should’ve been given to another person , and I know the person would have probably become world best .
Fitness has been my biggest issue . I compete at 40% fitness yet people marvel , the few times i competed around 70% around 2019-20, I trained for more than 6 months with Heartland FC .

Oh,
I feel your pain bro.
But it's life. Life happens.

You aren't alone really. A lot of people don't get to be what we thought we would at childhood.
A lot of us didn't.
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by DICKstractor: 8:17pm On Feb 19, 2022
fergie001:
Especially on Sundays, when you just visit the salon.... grin
And on a rainy day when wet sand Don touch your shined head
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by Halo22: 8:18pm On Feb 19, 2022
We called it kpokrirkpo then, mehn the ball gave me injury for my toes tire.
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by proclinician: 8:21pm On Feb 19, 2022
I used to play under 13 then. This was our ball. Just a bunch of poor kids
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by NoBones: 8:21pm On Feb 19, 2022
Kpako Ball
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Feb 19, 2022
k o r i y a

1 Like

Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by Adeyinka12(m): 8:27pm On Feb 19, 2022
Omicron007:
Childhood days was sweet. This particular football brings back sweet memories.
We played this on the streets of Rayfield in Jos those years.
Did you play this as a kid?
Let's hear from you!
Bolu Panke
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by Kwara1stson: 8:27pm On Feb 19, 2022
Triangles1:
Plastic ball mainly for Kidd's, the ball is for Pako childrens because if you're the type that take custard you can't have the courage to kick this ball, another upgraded ball is FELELE, HEALTH.
that felele na very rubbish ball. E no dey last n breeze too d carry am. We ltr upgrade go health then tanco.

2 Likes

Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by davessales039(m): 8:32pm On Feb 19, 2022
Kwara1stson:
that felele na very rubbish ball. E no dey last n breeze too d carry am. We ltr upgrade go health then tanco.

The trick with felele then was to under-inflate it.
Nevertheless, that didn't work for some poor quality ones.
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by 22o62021: 8:32pm On Feb 19, 2022
Akpri ike

NSUkka
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Feb 19, 2022
Kpokirikpo
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by okpukpu(m): 8:35pm On Feb 19, 2022
Is that not akara ball?
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by davillian(m): 8:36pm On Feb 19, 2022
TheStakeHolder:
shocked
You lie Omo get inside kind of children na him u be....
Even general children de follow us play this ball for school.....
Kpako ball, paper and tape ball, feel and finally that ball in the WUC we cut the sharp head with knife use hot knife smoothen am then ball don set
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by HonestFriend: 8:36pm On Feb 19, 2022
donbachi:
Childhood.
U dare not change the owner of the ball
U kick am anyhow,him go vex carry ball go
Play ends wen him done tire.
Mind him legs unless una no wan play tomorrow.

I have 2 friends with that attitude while growing up..

1 Like

Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by SeriouslySense(m): 8:42pm On Feb 19, 2022
Based in the north, i did not know it with the southern names
ItsGoodToBeGood:

Lol, are you familiar with the name?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh / Neymar, World's Most Expensive Player Always Travels With His Family (Photos) / Super Eagles Players Show Off Their Abs At The Beach (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.