Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,353 members, 7,836,448 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. (57781 Views)

Nigerian Man Speaks Out Against Alleged Racism In Europe (video) / Christian Emeka Ibeagwa Dies In U.S.A. Do You Know Him? / My Experience Of Racism In America, What Africans Can Learn From It- Aroms Aigbe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by Hassanmaye(m): 8:56am On Feb 21, 2022
samtol4:
Look for a better at the end of the month and leave that place .More drama loading .if that guy hurts you nothing happens
I swear
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by Nobody: 8:58am On Feb 21, 2022
Watch your back from Harry and the other Brits. Better safe than sorry.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by Shemilhore: 8:58am On Feb 21, 2022
Toor...this one dey UK? grin angry
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by Hassanmaye(m): 9:00am On Feb 21, 2022
Ishitinyourlife:
Hahaha,this happened to me a couple times but I be werey
Even if you be werey that can plot you
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by Danisaint112(m): 9:08am On Feb 21, 2022
walemoney007:
Finnish are racist

Nah those places e worst pass sef

Black people no too dey there.

Chairman clam down! There are racist in every country and racism occur in every country but there are some countries that there are least racism.

And European countries won that list. Even your darling Nigeria is more Racist than 97% of European countries. If you want prove I will give it to you.

As a matter of fact Europe is the least Racial continent on Earth.
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by walemoney007(m): 9:17am On Feb 21, 2022
Danisaint112:

Chairman clam down! There are racist in every country and racism occur in every country but there are some countries that there are least racism.

And European countries won that list. Even your darling Nigeria is more Racist than 97% of European countries. If you want prove I will give it to you.

As a matter of fact Europe is the least Racial continent on Earth.
Lol

Is more better migrating to Canada, USA, Australia and New Zealand sef

Those European countries are crazy o bro, them go dey clear you say make you go back to your country, say dem no want you. That finland hmmm

Finland, Russia, Norway etc where are you even getting all this your facts from sef? Say a country is the Most peaceful country no mean say their are no racist.

Botswana, Singapore, Austria, Canada etc are one of the most peaceful countries too.

Make we just forget sha
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by HilcomTech(m): 9:26am On Feb 21, 2022
shantti:
When it is done by a white man towards a black man, it is given a name racism. What about the one done by a black man towards his fellow black man.

I was not chosen to mark weac script in osun state during coordination because I am not Yoruba.

What about Kano riot when a particular ethnic group was singled out for massacre.

The whites are lenient, if it was we blacks that were in the position of the whites..........

I presume you are SE from your write up and I can tell you that your own ethnic group is the worst in this country when it comes to tribalism.

SE generally have this extreme hatred for other ethnic groups.

I am neither Hausa not Yoruba.
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by Danisaint112(m): 9:27am On Feb 21, 2022
Karlovych:
Then you're in for a huge surprise if you think majority of EU countries aren't racist including Finland, a non English-speaking country at that where you have to ask people if they speak English before you initiate a discussion with them during the early days/months of your stay there.

Chairman calm down! There are racist in every country and racism occur in every country.
Even if you ask Google if the Finish are racist it would tell you Yes because of few people that has experience a little bit if Racism

But here is the thing, there are some countries that there are least racist.

And European countries won that list. Even your darling Nigeria is more Racist than 97% of European countries.

As a matter of fact Europe is the least Racial continent on Earth quote me anywhere. Asia and Africa are the most racist continent on planet Earth.

Talking about English speaking countries U.S.A IS A Racist country.

England in Europe is out of the contest of least racist. As a matter of fact they are the chief architect of Racism and even your darling Nigeria is a Racist country, 10 times more Racist than Finland if you don't know it, know it today.

Majority of Nigerins dislike Chinese and are fond of trolling people of Asia descent. Before I mentioned Finland here trust me I have done extensive research about the country.

Please do your due diligence before you approach me. I'm not just speaking from research carried out.

I have family members scattered around Europe and Asia and people from Asia has complained more about Asia racism (especially China and India) than Europe.

View the pictures below. Can you see your darling Nigeria there and compare.

Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by Danisaint112(m): 9:38am On Feb 21, 2022
walemoney007:
Lol

Is more better migrating to Canada, USA, Australia and New Zealand sef

Those European countries are crazy o bro, them go dey clear you say make you go back to your country, say dem no want you. That finland hmmm

Finland, Russia, Norway etc where are you even getting all this your facts from sef? Say a country is the Most peaceful country no mean say their are no racist.

Botswana, Singapore, Austria, Canada etc are one of the most peaceful countries too.

Make we just forget sha

I will give to you what I just gave to someone who also mentioned me plus pictures to prove my point. Oya read.

There are racist in every country and racism occur in every country.
Even if you ask Google if the Finish are racist it would tell you Yes (article related) because of few people that has experience a little bit if Racism there.

And European countries won that list. Even your darling Nigeria is more Racist than 97% of European countries.

As a matter of fact Europe is the least Racial continent on Earth quote me anywhere. Asia and Africa are the most racist continent on planet Earth.

England in Europe is out of the contest of least racist. As a matter of fact they are the chief architect of Racism and even your darling Nigeria is a Racist country, 10 times more Racist than Finland if you don't know it, know it today.

Majority of Nigerins dislike Chinese and are fond of trolling people of Asia descent. Before I mentioned Finland here, trust me I have done extensive research about this country.

Please do your due diligence before you approach me. I'm not just speaking from research carried out.

I have family members scattered around Europe and Asia and people from Asia has complained more about Asia racism (especially China, India and some Arabian countries) than Europe.

View the pictures below. Can you see your darling Nigeria there (In number 15 of the worst) .

Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by walemoney007(m): 9:43am On Feb 21, 2022
Danisaint112:

I will give to you what I just gave to someone who also mentioned me plus pictures to prove my point. Oya read.

There are racist in every country and racism occur in every country.
Even if you ask Google if the Finish are racist it would tell you Yes (article related) because of few people that has experience a little bit if Racism there.

Majority of Nigerins dislike Chinese and are fond of trolling people of Asia descent. Before I mentioned Finland here, trust me I have done extensive research about this country.

I have family members scattered around Europe and Asia and people from Asia has complained more about Asia racism (especially China, India and some Arabian countries) than Europe.

View the pictures below. Can you see your darling Nigeria there (In number 15 of the worst) .
I'm talking to you base on the feedback I do get from two of my friends who once lived in Finland

Is all good sha, have a good day.
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by pocohantas(f): 9:45am On Feb 21, 2022
Sterope:
Some racist marry the race they hate. It can be that bad.

I am curious, do black women also go through this? Because it seems like it is always or most times black men complaining of racism and witch-hunting. Pardon me, I feel little to no sympathy for them, given that they are at the forefront of tribal and gender discrimination in their safe zones (e.g Nigeria). Not forgetting white-worship. So maybe they can get a feel of what it feels like to be the inferior party from their revered Team-Foreign.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by dljbd1(m): 10:23am On Feb 21, 2022
Abba114:
so if i went to uk i will be living in fear everyday?
Bro...no one is talking about fear here. There is nothing to be afraid of in UK.
I am not afraid. I just do not trust anyone. Being afraid and trusting no one are two different things.
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by Snakedoctor1: 10:28am On Feb 21, 2022
Right001:
When I moved to the U. K for my master. I stay in an flat which consist of many white English boys. So an England boy called Harry decided to show me the equipment in the apartment. So when we got to the kitchen he show me a dish washer which I did not care to look at and he responded that have I see a dish washer before? I was shock and told him of course have seen a dish washer and he reply that I did not want to sound rude but africa are poor and always hungry and I reply him do I look like someone that is poor and hungry and his respond was you are from the rich family in Africa and I told him clearly my parents are not rich that am just an average Nigerian boy and he his reply was it is impossible that you are either rich or poor in Africa and my response was that he should stop believing the propaganda been pass by CNN and BBC about Africa.

After that we bonded and we usually teese ourself and crack jokes. So during December period I was infected with covid 19 which all. Of them in the house have travel to their family home to spend Christmas and new year holiday. So during that mid January on Friday I was in the parlour with my white flatmates and we where just joking and catching fun then we started to talk about covid and I told them during the time they travel I contacted covid and Harry reply that he is going to kill me so I laugh and I thought it was one of the joke but he said he mean it and I started telling him that so do u expect me to call u in your family home and tell u I contacted covid and the others white where explaining to him and this guy started using abusing words against me telling me to return back to Africa and saying some nasty words about Africa and I told him if u have brief with me then challange me and stop picking on my continent and colour and he told me that he is going to insult my colour and continent that if I want to fight him then we should go to the garden to fight as man to man. I was just saying in my mind this man is looking for someone to kill him. I just ignore him and when I stop replying him he just calm down and left. What pain me most was when he left then all the white guys told me his crazy that I should not answer him and I was like when he was insulting me racially all of u where just watching him as if nothing happen. After some time he came back to the parlour and apologise to everyone except me for been a nusiance and after that he wanted to discuss with me and I shouted at him saying back off. After sometime he wanted talking to me and I just ignore him as if nobody is talking and after talking I just close my laptop and gave him a bad gesture and left the palour then he reply that I am looking at him as a vallian that he is not a bad guy.

The next day his girlfriend came visiting him and was smiling at me and i just reply her with a bone face and left. Then after sometime he came apologising to me that what he did to me was wrong that he did it under the influence of acholol which I know but I said to myself for him to say this to me when he was drunk meaning he has been harbouring such thoughts in his mind and the alcohol just gave him the courage to express his racist characters to me. I told him I forgive him but right now I don't trust any English people or white people because for such a guy to laugh and joke with u and still be a racist his something terrible. Abeg make una give bristish chance.

I just see a spoilt little English boy. Did you ask how old he is.

Keep him at arms length but don't nurse grudges. This is not an ideal racist situation.
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by cogwuche(m): 10:33am On Feb 21, 2022
MufasaLion:
This your write-up would be better and interesting to read if you could have paragraphs, punctuation marks and correct the words you spelt wrongly.
he made his point
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by JohnSP99: 10:36am On Feb 21, 2022
MufasaLion:

Oh, I dig. You can edit/delete and re-post it when you're off work.
what's your problem now, leave this guy alone, as long as we understand what he's trying to say here, who punctuation help. Pele English professor and I can bet you can't even write in your own language. nonsense
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by Playermayweda(m): 10:42am On Feb 21, 2022
At least if a white person is corrected from racism even if they don't show complete remorse they will at least desist from showing their stupidity openly, tribalistic nigerians no matter how many times you tell them they will still openly show their hatred of other tribes without remorse or an attempt to control themselves

4 Likes

Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by Pootle: 10:45am On Feb 21, 2022
bro dont blame...blame your country of origin.
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by kayperry: 10:58am On Feb 21, 2022
So much sense in one comment, i think cococandy should also be on the list tew, last time i checked she tagged my compositions "atrocity grammar" undecided
she forgot even micheal jackson wey turn im skin to white,they still reminded him that he is a black man how much more 3rd war country gurlz biting there tongues & trying to impress only God knows whu on an informal platform undecided
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by jesmond3945: 11:13am On Feb 21, 2022
babadee1:

You're in the UK. Naija people are plenty there. Look for your own people to bond with and live with before you get into trouble because one oyinbo wan set you up.
this is the worst advise. Naija people that would not be of any help to you.
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by jesmond3945: 11:15am On Feb 21, 2022
Careful4u:
lol..na today!

Mine happened at my working place, they will smile at you and stab you from behind.
Some of them feel intimidated by us and I guess we human beings are wired like that.

I later left the place for them and as God may have it, I finally got a better place.

Moral of the lesson, don't assume they love u because of their smiles, don't tell them your secret that will count against you especially we guys with their young ladies.

I used to think otherwise when I was in naija! but most in London are friendly and accommodating unlike North here
north england can be tough sometimes
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by Donpenny(m): 11:21am On Feb 21, 2022
tunjijones:

Na so them dey do.. Them go dey laf with you but meanwhile they are plotting evil against you.
it baffles me how the whites particularly briton mastered such cunning ways of witch hunting others, mostly people from other continents except Americans.
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by shantti(m): 11:29am On Feb 21, 2022
HilcomTech:

I presume you are SE from your write up and I can tell you that your own ethnic group is the worst in this country when it comes to tribalism.

SE generally have this extreme hatred for other ethnic groups.

I am neither Hausa not Yoruba.

Yes my tribe just like every other tribes In Africa is tribalistic. Am painting a picture of tribalism being worst than racism
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by Karlovych: 11:37am On Feb 21, 2022
Danisaint112:

Chairman calm down! There are racist in every country and racism occur in every country.
Even if you ask Google if the Finish are racist it would tell you Yes because of few people that has experience a little bit if Racism

Majority of Nigerins dislike Chinese and are fond of trolling people of Asia descent. Before I mentioned Finland here trust me I have done extensive research about the country.

I have family members scattered around Europe and Asia and people from Asia has complained more about Asia racism (especially China and India) than Europe.

View the pictures below. Can you see your darling Nigeria there and compare.
I'm aware of what your screenshot says, surprisingly United States was left out in the second one.

Like I said you're in for a huge surprise if you think that Scandinavian countries aren't racist or some other ones on that list.

Just do your best to develop thick skin and don't let it get to you if you experience it.
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by Ishitinyourlife: 11:46am On Feb 21, 2022
walemoney007:
grin

Give us gist nah grin
The first one was with my landlord,that complained about the smell of African food that I make,the werey said they're not used to that kind of smell and I should Dial it down,I basically told him to suck my d!CK , I've had a couple of rendezvous with white police officers as well that try to racially profile me but I always clear them and most of them apologize because of the fear of getting cancelled,one was it a white friend of mine who called me a niggar jokingly,I knew he didn't mean it in an offensive way but I still head-butted him and burst his lips,he apologized though

1 Like

Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by babadee1(m): 12:33pm On Feb 21, 2022
jesmond3945:
this is the worst advise. Naija people that would not be of any help to you.

I don't think you know anything about relocating and living abroad otherwise you would understand the protocol.
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by doverulez(m): 12:35pm On Feb 21, 2022
My guy those clowns are bastards. Imagine one telling me that i should go crack jokes at eko hotel since i was basket mouth. See gits oh. I went to do inspection on Heavy duty equipment at T.I.C.T.(those of you familiar with Apapa Quay will know this wonderful company) this guy(British) is someone my boss introduced to me as a cool guy. if not for say Nigeria is a messed up kwantiri. I am way older than this clown in question. After inspection, we had a briefing with the main boss(British), he was in attendance too. I asked for their cards/electronic mail contact in order to send a report to them. he's boss agreed and wanted to pass his card to me and then he just chipped in and said that we should not worry that he will get in touch with our boss. He said i should go report to my boss and that my boss will brief him. I was like, what's this one saying(in my mind), i as much as I'll definitely report to my boss, i still should have your contact to send you the report or should i be asking of your contact from my boss? we ended the session and didn't get their contact. when we stepped out he came to me and told me that i was acting out and feeling too big. why would i request his bosses contact and then in told him that its normal for me to request for their contacts in order to send them a report regarding the inspection and the boy called me a clown, that i was just acting out and feeling to big and that if i want to impress anyone that i should go to eko hotel and crack jokes with basket mouth. Mogbe!! i looked at him, already in rage cos I'm short tempered. if not for my colleague that accompanied me that day, maybe i for throw white boy inside ocean. My advice. these clowns knows how to get someone riled up and if you don't control your temper they'll capitalize on your unprofessionalism and una know say naija police dey too respect white man.
Right001:
When I moved to the U. K for my master. I stay in an flat which consist of many white English boys. So an England boy called Harry decided to show me the equipment in the apartment. So when we got to the kitchen he show me a dish washer which I did not care to look at and he responded that have I see a dish washer before? I was shock and told him of course have seen a dish washer and he reply that I did not want to sound rude but africa are poor and always hungry and I reply him do I look like someone that is poor and hungry and his respond was you are from the rich family in Africa and I told him clearly my parents are not rich that am just an average Nigerian boy and he his reply was it is impossible that you are either rich or poor in Africa and my response was that he should stop believing the propaganda been pass by CNN and BBC about Africa.

After that we bonded and we usually teese ourself and crack jokes. So during December period I was infected with covid 19 which all. Of them in the house have travel to their family home to spend Christmas and new year holiday. So during that mid January on Friday I was in the parlour with my white flatmates and we where just joking and catching fun then we started to talk about covid and I told them during the time they travel I contacted covid and Harry reply that he is going to kill me so I laugh and I thought it was one of the joke but he said he mean it and I started telling him that so do u expect me to call u in your family home and tell u I contacted covid and the others white where explaining to him and this guy started using abusing words against me telling me to return back to Africa and saying some nasty words about Africa and I told him if u have brief with me then challange me and stop picking on my continent and colour and he told me that he is going to insult my colour and continent that if I want to fight him then we should go to the garden to fight as man to man. I was just saying in my mind this man is looking for someone to kill him. I just ignore him and when I stop replying him he just calm down and left. What pain me most was when he left then all the white guys told me his crazy that I should not answer him and I was like when he was insulting me racially all of u where just watching him as if nothing happen. After some time he came back to the parlour and apologise to everyone except me for been a nusiance and after that he wanted to discuss with me and I shouted at him saying back off. After sometime he wanted talking to me and I just ignore him as if nobody is talking and after talking I just close my laptop and gave him a bad gesture and left the palour then he reply that I am looking at him as a vallian that he is not a bad guy.

The next day his girlfriend came visiting him and was smiling at me and i just reply her with a bone face and left. Then after sometime he came apologising to me that what he did to me was wrong that he did it under the influence of acholol which I know but I said to myself for him to say this to me when he was drunk meaning he has been harbouring such thoughts in his mind and the alcohol just gave him the courage to express his racist characters to me. I told him I forgive him but right now I don't trust any English people or white people because for such a guy to laugh and joke with u and still be a racist his something terrible. Abeg make una give bristish chance.
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by SilvanusII(m): 12:38pm On Feb 21, 2022
MufasaLion:
This your write-up would be better and interesting to read if you could have paragraphs, punctuation marks and correct the words you spelt wrongly.

Na why we go dey continue to dey write IELTS. Imagine the nonsense

1 Like

Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by walemoney007(m): 12:52pm On Feb 21, 2022
Ishitinyourlife:

The first one was with my landlord,that complained about the smell of African food that I make,the werey said they're not used to that kind of smell and I should Dial it down,I basically told him to suck my d!CK , I've had a couple of rendezvous with white police officers as well that try to racially profile me but I always clear them and most of them apologize because of the fear of getting cancelled,one was it a white friend of mine who called me a niggar jokingly,I knew he didn't mean it in an offensive way but I still head-butted him and burst his lips,he apologized though
grin
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by walemoney007(m): 12:55pm On Feb 21, 2022
Karlovych:
I'm aware of what your screenshot says, surprisingly United States was left out in the second one.

Like I said you're in for a huge surprise if you think that Scandinavian countries aren't racist or some other ones on that list.

Just do your best to develop thick skin and don't let it get to you if you experience it.
I'm talking to the guy base on the experience of two of my guys that lived there, but he will rather believe that report grin
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by Karlovych: 12:59pm On Feb 21, 2022
walemoney007:
I'm talking to the guy base on the experience of two of my guys that lived there, but he will rather believe that report grin

Only people will think that countries like Australia, United States and others with Caucasian majority aren't racist.
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by walemoney007(m): 1:03pm On Feb 21, 2022
Karlovych:
Only people will think that countries like Australia, United States and others with Caucasian majority aren't racist.
There is no Caucasian country one won't find racist, them just better pass themselves.

Is so crazy in Eastern Europe.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Handworks To Learn In Nigeria Before You Japa / My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia / Visit To The Sacred Snake Temple In Benin Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.