Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. (57607 Views)

Nigerian Man Speaks Out Against Alleged Racism In Europe (video) / Christian Emeka Ibeagwa Dies In U.S.A. Do You Know Him? / My Experience Of Racism In America, What Africans Can Learn From It- Aroms Aigbe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by Richy4(m): 5:38am On Feb 21, 2022
ChybuzzDD:

In Nigeria, we're taught in English. So, somehow, English is a test of our intelligence
How would you convince us that you're good in you profession if you don't have a good understanding of the language with which you were taught?
I have never seen an intelligent Nigerian who can't write good English

The Japanese/Chinese, unlike us, are not taught in English. So, there's no comparison there.

What u were talking about is the ability to defend your career right?... If u understand Hausa language very well for example and an Hausa individual Who is interested in that choice of career comes in to ask you in your office what it entails, would u go about speaking English to that Hausa Man to impress him because it was the language that u were taught or would u speak in the language that both of you will feel comfortable and understands?

The best part about language is communication and comprehension... U might be the best in finance in your country for example but when u go to countries like China, Netherlands, some parts of Canada, the person might be useless despite his well spoken English because the ability to comprehend the best grammarian in town isn't there...
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by Doubuzofficial: 6:00am On Feb 21, 2022
MufasaLion:
This your write-up would be better and interesting to read if you could have paragraphs, punctuation marks and correct the words you spelt wrongly.

Abi o, Baba just jam pack everything.

But he was saying something. He actually faced alot.

You go wan break bottle but you no go wan break bottle.

If you push me, il break it and use it.

If you don’t get it, ________________________ it.
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by chaloskyx: 6:25am On Feb 21, 2022
GO FIND SOME NEW FRIENDS CAUSE THOSE GUYS ARNT YOUR FRNDS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by Focusmind: 7:00am On Feb 21, 2022
This OP is just a small boy from a rich home. He seems to lack emotional stability expected of someone of his age and a master's student.

As a master's student in 2009, I wished you saw my packaging. You don't need to go too close to them. Maintain your dignity and self-respect. They will be the ones coming to you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by Amanee(f): 7:05am On Feb 21, 2022
Richy4:

Yes he was from England... Now an Australian citizen... Ask questions without attitude next time thanks..

It doesn't matter, he's still alive, you should not be using past tense with him same with the Japanese and Chinese in your write-up.
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by kristo123: 7:13am On Feb 21, 2022
next time have an audio or video recording of him... to make him popular.
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by Heterodox(m): 7:21am On Feb 21, 2022
Right001:
When I moved to the U. K for my master. I stay in an flat which consist of many white English boys. So an England boy called Harry decided to show me the equipment in the apartment. So when we got to the kitchen he show me a dish washer which I did not care to look at and he responded that have I see a dish washer before? I was shock and told him of course have seen a dish washer and he reply that I did not want to sound rude but africa are poor and always hungry and I reply him do I look like someone that is poor and hungry and his respond was you are from the rich family in Africa and I told him clearly my parents are not rich that am just an average Nigerian boy and he his reply was it is impossible that you are either rich or poor in Africa and my response was that he should stop believing the propaganda been pass by CNN and BBC about Africa.

After that we bonded and we usually teese ourself and crack jokes. So during December period I was infected with covid 19 which all. Of them in the house have travel to their family home to spend Christmas and new year holiday. So during that mid January on Friday I was in the parlour with my white flatmates and we where just joking and catching fun then we started to talk about covid and I told them during the time they travel I contacted covid and Harry reply that he is going to kill me so I laugh and I thought it was one of the joke but he said he mean it and I started telling him that so do u expect me to call u in your family home and tell u I contacted covid and the others white where explaining to him and this guy started using abusing words against me telling me to return back to Africa and saying some nasty words about Africa and I told him if u have brief with me then challange me and stop picking on my continent and colour and he told me that he is going to insult my colour and continent that if I want to fight him then we should go to the garden to fight as man to man. I was just saying in my mind this man is looking for someone to kill him. I just ignore him and when I stop replying him he just calm down and left. What pain me most was when he left then all the white guys told me his crazy that I should not answer him and I was like when he was insulting me racially all of u where just watching him as if nothing happen. After some time he came back to the parlour and apologise to everyone except me for been a nusiance and after that he wanted to discuss with me and I shouted at him saying back off. After sometime he wanted talking to me and I just ignore him as if nobody is talking and after talking I just close my laptop and gave him a bad gesture and left the palour then he reply that I am looking at him as a vallian that he is not a bad guy.

The next day his girlfriend came visiting him and was smiling at me and i just reply her with a bone face and left. Then after sometime he came apologising to me that what he did to me was wrong that he did it under the influence of acholol which I know but I said to myself for him to say this to me when he was drunk meaning he has been harbouring such thoughts in his mind and the alcohol just gave him the courage to express his racist characters to me. I told him I forgive him but right now I don't trust any English people or white people because for such a guy to laugh and joke with u and still be a racist his something terrible. Abeg make una give bristish chance.
Does your continent feeds you?
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by Hassanmaye(m): 7:23am On Feb 21, 2022
Right001:
When I moved to the U. K for my master. I stay in an flat which consist of many white English boys. So an England boy called Harry decided to show me the equipment in the apartment. So when we got to the kitchen he show me a dish washer which I did not care to look at and he responded that have I see a dish washer before? I was shock and told him of course have seen a dish washer and he reply that I did not want to sound rude but africa are poor and always hungry and I reply him do I look like someone that is poor and hungry and his respond was you are from the rich family in Africa and I told him clearly my parents are not rich that am just an average Nigerian boy and he his reply was it is impossible that you are either rich or poor in Africa and my response was that he should stop believing the propaganda been pass by CNN and BBC about Africa.

After that we bonded and we usually teese ourself and crack jokes. So during December period I was infected with covid 19 which all. Of them in the house have travel to their family home to spend Christmas and new year holiday. So during that mid January on Friday I was in the parlour with my white flatmates and we where just joking and catching fun then we started to talk about covid and I told them during the time they travel I contacted covid and Harry reply that he is going to kill me so I laugh and I thought it was one of the joke but he said he mean it and I started telling him that so do u expect me to call u in your family home and tell u I contacted covid and the others white where explaining to him and this guy started using abusing words against me telling me to return back to Africa and saying some nasty words about Africa and I told him if u have brief with me then challange me and stop picking on my continent and colour and he told me that he is going to insult my colour and continent that if I want to fight him then we should go to the garden to fight as man to man. I was just saying in my mind this man is looking for someone to kill him. I just ignore him and when I stop replying him he just calm down and left. What pain me most was when he left then all the white guys told me his crazy that I should not answer him and I was like when he was insulting me racially all of u where just watching him as if nothing happen. After some time he came back to the parlour and apologise to everyone except me for been a nusiance and after that he wanted to discuss with me and I shouted at him saying back off. After sometime he wanted talking to me and I just ignore him as if nobody is talking and after talking I just close my laptop and gave him a bad gesture and left the palour then he reply that I am looking at him as a vallian that he is not a bad guy.

The next day his girlfriend came visiting him and was smiling at me and i just reply her with a bone face and left. Then after sometime he came apologising to me that what he did to me was wrong that he did it under the influence of acholol which I know but I said to myself for him to say this to me when he was drunk meaning he has been harbouring such thoughts in his mind and the alcohol just gave him the courage to express his racist characters to me. I told him I forgive him but right now I don't trust any English people or white people because for such a guy to laugh and joke with u and still be a racist his something terrible. Abeg make una give bristish chance.
Never trust White people

1 Like

Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by ChybuzzDD(m): 7:27am On Feb 21, 2022
Studyinchina200:
Is Osinbanjo intelligent?

I'll say yes, judging from some of his speeches and write-ups.
May i know why you asked?
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by Hassanmaye(m): 7:29am On Feb 21, 2022
RagnarLothbrok:
Guy, remember this- make yourself happy. The white racist in my flat in Australia treated me in a more subtle way. I really prefer your friend's brand of racism. The ones I experienced have perfected the method of doing you and pretending like you're the crazy one imagining things.

They even went as far as shielding the 19 year old white girl who lived in our flat from me cos of our closeness. I later found out they were afraid that she would fall for me. They would tease her and call her my puppy or lapdog. She soon began to move away. It was really depressing for me cos I never lived with such 'NICE PEOPLE', who weren't nice at all. They even had a WhatsApp group where they plan stuff, I later found out. I had to move out in search of my happiness and sanity.

Oyibo girl keeps chatting me up and bombing me with messages that she misses me and wants me to come back. Comeback kee you dia!
Haha
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by Richy4(m): 7:29am On Feb 21, 2022
Amanee:

It doesn't matter, he's still alive, you should not be using past tense with him same with the Japanese and Chinese in your write-up.

So if I understand you correctly, if someone visits your home by 2:00 pm for example and leaves by 3:00pm, and someone inquires about that person, U will say to the person 'he is here' correct? U will not use was so that it won't look like he/ she has died is that right?.. please answer that.. I'm waiting...
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by Hassanmaye(m): 7:30am On Feb 21, 2022
dasparrow:

Well said. I wish our people knew this truth. We have white people on Tik Tok confessing with their own mouth that they are taught from birth to hate anyone not white and then go on to explain that their entire culture is rooted in white supremacy. So, if you know this about them, you will be wise not to expect too much from them and thread with caution when dealing with them because the average white person no send Black people message.
True
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 7:31am On Feb 21, 2022
Don't make friends with such kind of people, he might even try killing you when you are asleep, it's best you move out of there or make friends with black people there instead. although it's not all whites that are racist, I also have white friends and we blend so well, 2 of them even tried Nigerian foods and they once asked me to bring them to Nigeria.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by Acidosis(m): 7:32am On Feb 21, 2022
Xilsbridalhouse:
I think it’s same when you see Yoruba’s and Igbos even Hausas displaying their hatred towards each other. How then is this a different situation?
I see how you all attack each other here but racism seems to be a bigger problem?

It is NOT the same. Having your mom beat you up or having a total stranger beat you up, which do you prefer??
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by Hassanmaye(m): 7:33am On Feb 21, 2022
Ichabodcrane:
I have spoken with white people, y'all know what I noticed?? These people claim they are wiser but they aren't. Most of them have very shallow reasoning. They get emotional over little things. See guy, don't mind they white guy, I am sure he doesn't even know what it means to take responsibility yet. He is still sucking Mom's milk. All these spoilt brats thpugh
If they are not intelligent How are they the highest in technology

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by Hassanmaye(m): 7:34am On Feb 21, 2022
LILTJAY:
Racism and xenophobia, which do you prefer? undecided
White people are more accommodating and nice compared to blacks whether you accept it or not... cool
how many times have you seen white people in their hundreds going out in their streets to carry out xenophobia on blacks in their countries, compared to how fellow africans in Ghana and south africa attack and kill other blacks in their Countries. ?? undecided
by the time you experience racism from a black american just because you are from Africa, you will prefer white racism ..
Mtcheww tribalists crying about racism angry
What a bitter truth!!
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by LastProphet: 7:38am On Feb 21, 2022
RagnarLothbrok:
Guy, remember this- make yourself happy. The white racist in my flat in Australia treated me in a more subtle way. I really prefer your friend's brand of racism. The ones I experienced have perfected the method of doing you and pretending like you're the crazy one imagining things.

They even went as far as shielding the 19 year old white girl who lived in our flat from me cos of our closeness. I later found out they were afraid that she would fall for me. They would tease her and call her my puppy or lapdog. She soon began to move away. It was really depressing for me cos I never lived with such 'NICE PEOPLE', who weren't nice at all. They even had a WhatsApp group where they plan stuff, I later found out. I had to move out in search of my happiness and sanity.

Oyibo girl keeps chatting me up and bombing me with messages that she misses me and wants me to come back. Comeback kee you dia!

You are wise
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by Amanee(f): 7:40am On Feb 21, 2022
Richy4:

So if I understand you correctly, if someone visits your home by 2:00 pm for example and leaves by 3:00pm, and someone inquires about that person, U will say to the person 'he is here' correct? U will not use was so that it won't look like he/ she has died is that right?

This is why your English is bad and it reflects on your intelligence quotient, sadly. How in the name of sweet baby Jesus are we talking about the same thing?
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by Hassanmaye(m): 7:40am On Feb 21, 2022
Rahkman:
Maybe he pictures you fucking white women that thing gets dem mad as fuc k, that's em white folks
. Haha I will bang a white lady when I go to the uk
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by Amanee(f): 7:45am On Feb 21, 2022
Richy4:

My boss was from England... I have helped him spell two or more times when he wasn't with his laptop ... I don't even know what people think English language was... Just one out of many official languages spoken on this planet...

Let's excuse your boss not being from England anymore which changes nothing because it's grammatically incorrect

Some feels that once u speak fluently or type nicely, that was intelligence...Was that mindset not Inferiority complex at it's best...

How is this statement grammatically correct?

The Japanese or Chinese who were doing so well around the world can hardly speak English...

Or this? smh
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by Duplik8t77(m): 7:50am On Feb 21, 2022
LILTJAY:
White people are more accommodating and nice compared to blacks whether you accept it or not... cool
how many times have you seen white people in their hundreds going out in their streets to carry out xenophobia on blacks in their countries, compared to how fellow africans in Ghana and south africa attack and kill other blacks in their Countries. ?? undecided
by the time you experience racism from a black american just because you are from Africa, you will prefer white racism ..
boss, this was the exact comment I was looking for as I scrolled past comments. Kudos bro. This is the hard truth
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by Richy4(m): 7:52am On Feb 21, 2022
Amanee:

This is why your English is bad and it reflects on your intelligence quotient, sadly. How in the name of sweet baby Jesus are we talking about the same thing?

I don't usually say this but I am more intelligent than u are in all ramification...

A simple question that can prove how smart you claimed to be, u cannot answer it...

This is the last time I will be quoting a foolish individual like u... I can't stoop to your level.. I can't afford such luxury... U can have the Last words if u like.. enjoy the rest of your miserable life angry..
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by walemoney007(m): 7:59am On Feb 21, 2022
sage:

Who is Oyinbo then? Oyinbo is just a word for non “sub Saharan” African peoples and countries.

British people discriminate against Polish and other Eastern Europeans.

Are Eastern europeans Oyinbo?

It isn’t a word made put certain people on a pedestal. I always laugh when Nigerians travel and think they have discovered the “real Oyinbo” and think Nigerians who use the word broadly are ignorant.
Turkish are not Oyinbo.

Oyinbo are Caucasians.
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by Duplik8t77(m): 8:06am On Feb 21, 2022
Careful4u:
lol..na today!

Mine happened at my working place, they will smile at you and stab you from behind.
Some of them feel intimidated by us and I guess we human beings are wired like that.

I later left the place for them and as God may have it, I finally got a better place.

Moral of the lesson, don't assume they love u because of their smiles, don't tell them your secret that will count against you especially we guys with their young ladies.

I used to think otherwise when I was in naija! but most in London are friendly and accommodating unlike North here
like we dont do worse to ourselves in Nigeria and as africans. It is human nature to be a backstabber. You all should stop making it a racial thing everytime. We blacks are worse than them in being segregational. Put xenophobia and tribalism in mind
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 8:12am On Feb 21, 2022
LILTJAY:
Facts! we Africans are our own enemies but we keep blaming the whites, foolish set of primitive and corrupt race. undecided

5 Likes

Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by Amanee(f): 8:27am On Feb 21, 2022
Richy4:

I don't usually say this but I am more intelligent than u are in all ramification...

A simple question that can prove how smart you claimed to be, u cannot answer it...

This is the last time I will be quoting a foolish individual like u... I can't stoop to your level.. I can't afford such luxury... U can have the Last words if u like.. enjoy the rest of your miserable life angry..

When you cannot defend your knowledge, you stoop to insults. No wonder you are the way you are cheesy
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by Ichabodcrane(m): 8:47am On Feb 21, 2022
Hassanmaye:

Don't be fooled, people highest in technology are the Asians. Especially the Chinese. And you know what, China is filled with nerds, they hardly care about human emotion. All they care about is perfection. Americans and the British go round the world, stealing talents and using them to improve their country. Most native Americans don't like school at all. Their universities are filled with foreigners. Mostly Chinese, Indians and Africans.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by DeeFlask(m): 8:48am On Feb 21, 2022
Ynix:

Guy don't be trapped by his behaviors else you come to his level of reasoning and also miss great opportunities.
I don't believe in the white and black disparity, even if talked down on based on my race, I will still mingle because I am there for business.
facts bro
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by Ichabodcrane(m): 8:49am On Feb 21, 2022
Hassanmaye:

Just so you know. Book wise isn't wisdom at all

1 Like

Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by OmegaAutos: 8:50am On Feb 21, 2022
arthurwillia:

How many times will they tell you that Britain is not for you? Now they never leave you

photooo, no be juju be that.

1 Like

Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by Ichabodcrane(m): 8:50am On Feb 21, 2022
BloomingDale:

I dare you as a black guy to go hunting with only white guys. Once you have done so, send me pics I will give you a $1000.
What do you mean?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

China Test Runs New ₦4.1t Daxing Int'l Airport Ahead Of Official Opening / Nigeria Air: National Airline Unveiled (Photos, Video) / Two Nigerian Men Fight Inside Airplane (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.