Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,666 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. (57620 Views)

Nigerian Man Speaks Out Against Alleged Racism In Europe (video) / Christian Emeka Ibeagwa Dies In U.S.A. Do You Know Him? / My Experience Of Racism In America, What Africans Can Learn From It- Aroms Aigbe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by HilcomTech(m): 1:13pm On Feb 21, 2022
Danisaint112:

Chairman clam down! There are racist in every country and racism occur in every country but there are some countries that there are least racism.

And European countries won that list. Even your darling Nigeria is more Racist than 97% of European countries. If you want prove I will give it to you.

As a matter of fact Europe is the least Racial continent on Earth.

The bolded is very true.

2 Likes

Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by Studyinchina200(m): 1:14pm On Feb 21, 2022
Yet Nigeria is backward lol

ChybuzzDD:

I'll say yes, judging from some of his speeches and write-ups.
May i know why you asked?
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by HilcomTech(m): 1:15pm On Feb 21, 2022
shantti:

Yes my tribe just like every other tribes In Africa is tribalistic. Am painting a picture of tribalism being worst than racism

But you cleverly and maliciously forgot to mention the evils your tribe does to other ethnic groups.
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by Dshocker(m): 1:41pm On Feb 21, 2022
Richy4:

So if I understand you correctly, if someone visits your home by 2:00 pm for example and leaves by 3:00pm, and someone inquires about that person, U will say to the person 'he is here' correct? U will not use was so that it won't look like he/ she has died is that right?.. please answer that.. I'm waiting...

Dude,you insulted the op for not writing properly,but it seems yours is worst.

1 Like

Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 1:41pm On Feb 21, 2022
pocohantas:

I am curious, do black women also go through this? Because it seems like it is always or most times black men complaining of racism and witch-hunting. Pardon me, I feel little to no sympathy for them, given that they are at the forefront of tribal and gender discrimination in their safe zones (e.g Nigeria). Not forgetting white-worship. So maybe they can get a feel of what it feels like to be the inferior party from their revered Team-Foreign.
LMAO! Antibrutus I noticed my post was hidden, so you reported my post? what happened to "I won't report him, I will ignore him till he quench". cheesy grin cheesy

I wonder why most of you here don't like the blunt truth at all, you guys think you know everything when in reality y'all don't know sh*t, typical Nigerians.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by onikoyikosoko: 1:44pm On Feb 21, 2022
Right001:

I am working and typing at the same time that why

Lame excuse.....why not finish your work, before posting this thrash ?
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by Richy4(m): 1:49pm On Feb 21, 2022
Dshocker:

Dude,you insulted the op for not writing properly,but it seems yours is worst.

Are you sure you are quoting the right person? please double check if it's really me that insulted whoever...Thank you
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by uckyra: 1:49pm On Feb 21, 2022
MufasaLion:
This your write-up would be better and interesting to read if you could have paragraphs, punctuation marks and correct the words you spelt wrongly.
correction fluid
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by uckyra: 1:54pm On Feb 21, 2022
care4you:
I pitied him when he was picking where to fight (garden)....

In Nigeria we don't pick venue, everywhere is a war front. grin grin grin grin

Shout out to all Nigerians... it's not easy to be a Nigerian...
lol
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by Oloks(m): 2:09pm On Feb 21, 2022
How do you communicate in UK? I think you may need to address this, as this may possibly be the reason for your "assumed racist" views.

Deal with your poor communication issue, and then come back to discuss your current topic
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by Blue86(m): 2:32pm On Feb 21, 2022
I will give you my advice.

That white guy is not your standard for a friend.

Do not follow those who say keep being close.

There are other white people and red people that are not like Him.
Get to know them.

You know them by how many black friends they have.

Be smart.
And open your eyes.

1 Like

Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by Oracleforce: 4:13pm On Feb 21, 2022
Dshocker:

The cleaner you guys employed is certainly not a briton

Are you living with us? Perhaps you could have investigated or asked good questions about the cleaner before you stupidly join to an illogical conclusion...
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by Olam09(m): 4:56pm On Feb 21, 2022
Right001:
When I moved to the U. K for my master. I stay in an flat which consist of many white English boys. So an England boy called Harry decided to show me the equipment in the apartment. So when we got to the kitchen he show me a dish washer which I did not care to look at and he responded that have I see a dish washer before? I was shock and told him of course have seen a dish washer and he reply that I did not want to sound rude but africa are poor and always hungry and I reply him do I look like someone that is poor and hungry and his respond was you are from the rich family in Africa and I told him clearly my parents are not rich that am just an average Nigerian boy and he his reply was it is impossible that you are either rich or poor in Africa and my response was that he should stop believing the propaganda been pass by CNN and BBC about Africa.

After that we bonded and we usually teese ourself and crack jokes. So during December period I was infected with covid 19 which all. Of them in the house have travel to their family home to spend Christmas and new year holiday. So during that mid January on Friday I was in the parlour with my white flatmates and we where just joking and catching fun then we started to talk about covid and I told them during the time they travel I contacted covid and Harry reply that he is going to kill me so I laugh and I thought it was one of the joke but he said he mean it and I started telling him that so do u expect me to call u in your family home and tell u I contacted covid and the others white where explaining to him and this guy started using abusing words against me telling me to return back to Africa and saying some nasty words about Africa and I told him if u have brief with me then challange me and stop picking on my continent and colour and he told me that he is going to insult my colour and continent that if I want to fight him then we should go to the garden to fight as man to man. I was just saying in my mind this man is looking for someone to kill him. I just ignore him and when I stop replying him he just calm down and left. What pain me most was when he left then all the white guys told me his crazy that I should not answer him and I was like when he was insulting me racially all of u where just watching him as if nothing happen. After some time he came back to the parlour and apologise to everyone except me for been a nusiance and after that he wanted to discuss with me and I shouted at him saying back off. After sometime he wanted talking to me and I just ignore him as if nobody is talking and after talking I just close my laptop and gave him a bad gesture and left the palour then he reply that I am looking at him as a vallian that he is not a bad guy.

The next day his girlfriend came visiting him and was smiling at me and i just reply her with a bone face and left. Then after sometime he came apologising to me that what he did to me was wrong that he did it under the influence of acholol which I know but I said to myself for him to say this to me when he was drunk meaning he has been harbouring such thoughts in his mind and the alcohol just gave him the courage to express his racist characters to me. I told him I forgive him but right now I don't trust any English people or white people because for such a guy to laugh and joke with u and still be a racist his something terrible. Abeg make una give bristish chance.

Sorry bro. I've never been abroad but i know how it feels when someone is racially abused.
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by Right001: 4:58pm On Feb 21, 2022
Oloks:
How do you communicate in UK? I think you may need to address this, as this may possibly be the reason for your "assumed racist" views.

Deal with your poor communication issue, and then come back to discuss your current topic
I did not invite to my thread English teacher and due to your lack of exposure let me inform you that 40% of people living in the UK can't speak English because the UK is a develop country full with alot of countries that don't speak English and there survive well. If u think u know English then write Ilets exam and screen shot it for me to see or even show me your wace result let me see. You body shammer
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by Right001: 5:00pm On Feb 21, 2022
Olam09:

Sorry bro. I've never been abroad but i know how it feels when someone is racially abused.
Thank u. Just disappointed how some Nigerian still have slavery mentality. Thinking the white people are special

1 Like

Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 5:02pm On Feb 21, 2022
Acidosis:

It is NOT the same. Having your mom beat you up or having a total stranger beat you up, which do you prefer??
Mehn your mentality about this, not so much expected. Beating is beating! Don’t try to justify tribalism in anyway please.
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by Right001: 5:03pm On Feb 21, 2022
Let me clear does that have inferiority complex towards the white race from their comment. The white and other race has the same thinking but the difference is just the government. Our government can govern us properly that why we are back unlike the western world.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by Olam09(m): 5:05pm On Feb 21, 2022
Right001:

Thank u. Just disappointed how some Nigerian still have slavery mentality. Thinking the white people are special

Don't mind them. We do treat them as God over here in Nigeria and Africa but they treat us like shit in their own country. And don't mind those asshole faulting your gramma in the write up, they are all fools.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by Acidosis(m): 5:27pm On Feb 21, 2022
Xilsbridalhouse:

Mehn your mentality about this, not so much expected. Beating is beating! Don’t try to justify tribalism in anyway please.

No, beating is not beating. The way a mother feels when she beats her own child is not the same as having total strangers beat the same child for a similar offence.

I'm not justifying tribalism. Just stating the theoretical reality.
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by Kenneth10110(m): 5:32pm On Feb 21, 2022
firstratedcitiz:
Don't get me wrong, I'm not in any way defending his actions, but what you experienced at the hands of the white guy is nothing compared to the kind of tribal hatred and hateful comments by some Nigerians here in Nairaland. You need to read some comments in the threads to understand the point that I'm trying to make. We feel it's okay to hate on one another and abuse ourselves based on ethnicity. But when the whites do the same to us, we cry and start to protest.

Seun just allowed his forum to be a place to spread hate and tribalism.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by Jaqenhghar: 5:37pm On Feb 21, 2022
Danisaint112:

Chairman clam down! There are racist in every country and racism occur in every country but there are some countries that there are least racism.

And European countries won that list. Even your darling Nigeria is more Racist than 97% of European countries. If you want prove I will give it to you.

As a matter of fact Europe is the least Racial continent on Earth.
The same Europe where they throw bananas at black footballers in stadiums and openly shout racist chants.
The same Europe where black footballers were subject to racist abuse becauee of missed penalty
The same Europe , home of the neo nazi movement.
SmH

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by jesmond3945: 6:32pm On Feb 21, 2022
Deering1008:
If u know how Nigerians are back biting themselves in the UK & forming class u’ll know what the white guy did was just a pinch of racism.
yea is very terrible hatred within Nigerians in uk is too much.
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by zolajpower: 7:57pm On Feb 21, 2022
Joeyfizzo:
this is TRIBALISM not RACISM....get the difference.
My brother give them diff names they all steal mean same . The tribalism is even worse than racism just because i'm from delta state and I don't know what's the difference between Edo and delta. In the white man's country no one tells you to go to your state ahd there's no job for for you thereby making you to be reductant in the end . I suffer a different type of racism called "TRIBALISM" comrade
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by shantti(m): 8:15pm On Feb 21, 2022
HilcomTech:

But you cleverly and maliciously forgot to mention the evils your tribe does to other ethnic groups.

My tribe may have it's imperfections, but it has never carried out an ethnic cleansing. Evil is such a strong word when describing the little wrongs my tribe may have done to others, offense should be the right word.
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by Trendylove(f): 10:44pm On Feb 21, 2022
Stupid and crazy white boy since he think he is racist how about giving him Achi-Ere,agba bet or Ukwara nta the you relax and who he die slowly if you like you can come in and pretend you have the cure and milk him dry while watching him die wicked racist idiot.
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by Trendylove(f): 10:46pm On Feb 21, 2022
Stupid and crazy white boy since he thinks he is racist how about giving him Achi-Ere,agba bet or Ukwara nta then you relax and watch him die slowly if you like you can come in and pretend you have the cure and milk him dry while watching him die wicked racist idiot.
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by HilcomTech(m): 3:31am On Feb 22, 2022
shantti:

My tribe may have it's imperfections, but it has never carried out an ethnic cleansing. Evil is such a strong word when describing the little wrongs my tribe may have done to others, offense should be the right word.

Your hypocrisy stinks to the high heavens. look at how you are shamelessly trying to defend the most evil tribe in the country.

SE are the most vicious, malicious and unforgiving people you can live or work with. They are always planning evil against their neighbors or work mates.

Regarding ethnic cleansing. SE people enjoy the hospitality of other regions but is the only part of the country where you don't find other ethnic groups living. They are extremely wicked and hateful people who attack other ethnic people as a community.

I have lived in the north, south south and south west and I can tell you that SE are extremely wicked, malicious and very unforgiving. Even their kids have learnt to be wicked.

The wickedness of other tribes pales into nothing when compared to SE people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by EagleNest(m): 5:50am On Feb 22, 2022
As already advised, op next time you're writing to big audience, try to edit your work a little bit, not necessarily to perfection, before you post. There's lots of complaints, not about the story itself, but how it was delivered. We all learn from our mistakes anyway.

For your unfortunate sad experience, I will only advise you to learn from it, and move on. Always guard yourself with precautions and stand your ground whenever necessary. One things is sure, racism will never end. As charity begins at home, let's learn to stop hatred in Nairaland first grin
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by vislabraye(m): 6:07am On Feb 22, 2022
LILTJAY:
Racism and xenophobia, which do you prefer? undecided
White people are more accommodating and nice compared to blacks whether you accept it or not... cool
how many times have you seen white people in their hundreds going out in their streets to carry out xenophobia on blacks in their countries, compared to how fellow africans in Ghana and south africa attack and kill other blacks in their Countries. ?? undecided
by the time you experience racism from a black american just because you are from Africa, you will prefer white racism ..
Mtcheww tribalists crying about racism angry

Racism from black Americans is the most absurd thing one can ever imagine. Any B America who does that is a fuull
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by 6ixT8: 7:48am On Feb 22, 2022
Just imagine their mindset thinking all Africans are poor. Nowbi see why all those whities dey fall maga to g.boys.

Very unteachable people. I'm sure an average Caucasians won't be able to mention 5 Africa country, cos to them, they generalise you as Africa just by the virtue of your skin color.
Re: Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. by stonecoldcafe: 8:18am On Feb 22, 2022
Right001:
When I moved to the U. K for my master. I stay in an flat which consist of many white English boys. So an England boy called Harry decided to show me the equipment in the apartment. So when we got to the kitchen he show me a dish washer which I did not care to look at and he responded that have I see a dish washer before? I was shock and told him of course have seen a dish washer and he reply this something terrible. Abeg make una give bristish chance.

Try and move out of that property. You do not have a single friend living there, watch your stuff and your back. Try and move out

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Two Nigerian Men Fight Inside Airplane (Video) / Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York / Vehicle Climbs Lagos Pedestrian Bridge, One Feared Dead (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.