Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,676 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) (37521 Views)

DSS Detains Tricycle Rider In Osun On Orders Of Ooni Of Ife Over Text Message / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo / Oba Of Benin And His Luxury Rolls Royce Spotted At An Event In Edo State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by Father4all: 11:42pm On Feb 20, 2022

Are you making a threat against the life of the Oba of Benin ?
Jealousy has really made a lot of people go mad.
Just be warned, we the Edo people will defend our emperor and you don't scare us one bit, just come and say this kind of rubbish in Edo state and then call me crazy of you survive.
you are the greatest fool on earth. Educated illetrate. Yes, I'm making a threat. My tribes will defeat yours in less than one hour mumu

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by Father4all: 11:44pm On Feb 20, 2022

Are you making a threat against the life of the Oba of Benin ?
Jealousy has really made a lot of people go mad.
Just be warned, we the Edo people will defend our emperor and you don't scare us one bit, just come and say this kind of rubbish in Edo state and then call me crazy of you survive.
even in Benin, I will beat you to death nothing will Happen
Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by NaBanga: 1:28am On Feb 21, 2022
This is very similar to the Oluwo of Iwo situation. When the accused told his story, it was revealed that Kabiyesi tried multiple times to engage him in homosexual acts. When he kept rebuffing him and tried to leave, he was beaten by palace staff and detained by the police. His story was backed up by others who were familiar with the situation. Looking at that young boy, makes me feel something is amiss. I pray that this boy has not been abused and used as a sex slave by the Oba of Benin. cry

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by Mordson: 1:59am On Feb 21, 2022
Born2Breed:
Omuada's are not slaves. It's a priviledge to some families if their sons are accepted by the palace to become Omuada.

The Omuada's are well taken care of, the palace has secondary school for the Omuada's and after serving the Oba and has reached a certain age, they are settled to start their own life.

Most are well to do in society today.

This narrative that he was overworked and treated like a slave in the palace of over 50 Omuada's beats my imagination. Well, we all know how are criminal mind works.

Those having erection because you now have the opportunity to insult our Oba for a story that is untrue, I wish you all good luck.

It's so hilarious reading the comments of y'all from Edo. I was literally laughing. It's so easy to see how your parents and your archaic, barbaric culture have systematically subjugated you and instilled in you a morbid fear of the oba stool. Y'all see the man on that stool as your God who is infallible and can never do wrong. Even when he's trampling on other people's fundamental human rights and abusing the little power that the Nigerian government allows him to wield, y'all have been systematically brainwashed from birth to accept it and never protest nor speak evil of the oba.

It is so appalling that in this modern 21st century that people can still reason like fools and allow archaic laws and traditions to befuddle their sense of reasoning. Too appalling! If the omuada nonsense was practiced in the 17th century and seen as acceptable, modern laws stipulate that under aged individuals should not be made to work. It is totally unacceptable. Moreover, isn't it rather laughable that a king/god supposedly imbued with supernatural powers could not use his powers to determine who stole his money, but rather use the police to torture and intimidate his lowly servants, yet his subjects see nothing wrong in that? Absolutely preposterous and outrageous!

All of you from Edo state should all emancipate yourselves from mental slavery and start making use of your God-given brains instead of reasoning like monkeys.

Modified: Below is a rare picture taken of your oba bowing to a woman, Queen Elizabeth the second when y'all in Edo have been brain washed into believing he's a god that bows to no man. Pathetic!

5 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by godofuck231: 5:52am On Feb 21, 2022
GeorgeTheCoder:

Abeg dey try use sense before you type. Ozuo
You are right
Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by godofuck231: 5:52am On Feb 21, 2022
udemzyudex:

Rubbish talk.
you are right
Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by godofuck231: 5:53am On Feb 21, 2022
Father4all:
investigating for how many years? The Oba will get what it deserves
ok
Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by godofuck231: 5:53am On Feb 21, 2022
Father4all:
you are stupid with that your be WARNED be WARNED comments who are you warning? Why didn't the Palace returned him to his Parents when try discovered he is warward. Idiot. Oba isn't above the law
you are right
Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by godofuck231: 5:55am On Feb 21, 2022
HilcomTech:

Go where? You started threatening people online. I thought you and your stewwpeed oba had some powers to make everyone disappear from their houses.

Now that your ewu oba is being dragged on social media, why isn't the sky falling.

Your bunsuru oba may be looking at jail time on this issue.

constitutionally, your akuya oba is beneath a local government chairman and you have to get that into your thick.skull.
you are right
Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by godofuck231: 5:56am On Feb 21, 2022
HilcomTech:

Tunda faya you and Ur phuulish oba.

Who is this clown threatening
We refused to be warned do your worst
Children and fire self
Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by Born2Breed(f): 5:58am On Feb 21, 2022
Mordson:

It's so hilarious reading the comments of y'all from Edo. I was literally laughing. It's so easy to see how your parents and your archaic, barbaric culture have systematically subjugated you and instilled in you a morbid fear of the oba stool. Y'all see the man on that stool as your God who is infallible and can never do wrong. Even when he's trampling on other people's fundamental human rights and abusing the little power that the Nigerian government allows him to wield, y'all have been systematically brainwashed from birth to accept it and never protest nor speak evil of the oba.

It is so appalling that in this modern 21st century that people can still reason like fools and allow archaic laws and traditions to befuddle their sense of reasoning. Too appalling! If the omuada nonsense was practiced in the 17th century and seen as acceptable, modern laws stipulate that under aged individuals should not be made to work. It is unacceptable. Moreover, isn't it rather laughable that a king/god supposedly imbued with supernatural powers could not use his powers to determine who stole his money, but rather use the police to torture and intimidate his lowly servants, yet his subjects see nothing wrong in that? Preposterous and outrageous!

All of you from Edo state should all emancipate yourselves from mental slavery and start making use of your God-given brains instead of reasoning like monkeys.

Modified: Below is a rare picture taken of your oba bowing to a woman, Queen Elizabeth the second when y'all in Edo have been brainwashed into believing he's a god that bows to no man. Pathetic!

Pathetic slave!

Ask your mother who is your real father.

I have already explained the Omuada System and whatever your low life empty skull can comprehend is your cup of tea.

Show me the picture of your king and let me tell you a little story.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by Shaev7(m): 6:02am On Feb 21, 2022
Anieke77:
Activists in the house lets do something on this case
That's it. Pure oppression
Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by Nobody: 6:52am On Feb 21, 2022
Born2Breed:

You, your tribe and generation are dafts

Imagine this packaged mo.ron spewing nonsensical trash. After watching one silly film you run to NL to spew your ignorance.

5,000 what? Are you this stupid? The Benin kingdom was plagued by a mysterious illness in the late 19th century which could be similar to the present day COVID-19 or what was refered to as black plague way back. What the British saw was corpses thrown into the forest and they have to craft a lie to invade the Benin because of the treasures. My great grand mother lost 3 of her sibling before the British invasion to the same plague but miserable ignoramus like you will come here to insult the whole Benin Empire.

We are not cowards, other tribes could have cowered and surrendered but we fought and made the city ungovernable until the crown prince was crowned the Oba. Did your coward forebearers able to look at the white man in the face or even speak to them without bowing or kneeling.

Ozuor!!!

Benin people are daft abeg, all this one na yarns!!
Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by Nobody: 6:55am On Feb 21, 2022
tito44:

Myd44 kee you and that ur Mumu oba there. Lover of evil

My man grin grin grin

This is too mush.
Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by cassidy1996(m): 7:04am On Feb 21, 2022
GistFullGround:

This case means their juju is powerless; so their jazzmen could not fish out, who stole the money?

seems you read my mind
Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by Nobody: 7:05am On Feb 21, 2022
Born2Breed:

Pathetic slave!

I have already explained the Omuada System and whatever your low life empty skull can comprehend is your cup of tea.

The way you breed bastards right?
Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by ifeanyiclement: 7:50am On Feb 21, 2022
This is the 21st century, such wickedness is to be condemned and abored. The oba should be sued for human rights abuse
Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by Godjone(m): 7:51am On Feb 21, 2022
The police should invite the monarch too as investigators continue with their work. The child labour law or act should prevail against the oba immediately. Nobody is above the law Oba of BENIN inclusive
Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by prigoz(m): 8:13am On Feb 21, 2022
godofuck231:
If you all knew what you are getting into ,leave the oba alone , be warned , omadan (sword bearers ) are known to be terrible kids , wayward and crimey at a young age , they are taken to the palace as a way of curbing their evil excesses, its a last resort for parents in ancient times and modern , its an institution on its own to teach these kids discipline. BE WARNED
Shut your dirty mouth up, but you are shouting that North is barbaric when police discovered that children are being kept, maltreat and torture for misbehaving by their parents, but that of Oba is for correctional. This is what I call double faced. Oba is Messiah while the North are barbaric. You deserve a brain check
Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by gozzlin: 8:46am On Feb 21, 2022
Born2Breed:

Pathetic slave!

You're a brainless, retardedd dingbat. Omu ada kill you dia. Animal that can not reason sensibly, supporting a mortal man that shits and fvcks different women just cos they brainwashed you into believing he can do no wrong.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by Mordson: 9:03am On Feb 21, 2022
Born2Breed:

Pathetic slave!

I have no time to banter words with an illiterate like you who obviously reasons through that stinking orifice you call your anus. It's very glaring from your inane, m0ronic post that you have a discombobulated brain and have never seen the four walls of a classroom. Your blind and asinine support for your despotic oba speaks volume. Your brain is beyond redemption. Continue to wallow in your senselessness you cretin!

May the treatment meted out to that hapless, lowly child in the hands of your tin god oba be meted out to your children and children's children since you do not see anything wrong in that. Dotard!

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by ransomed: 9:06am On Feb 21, 2022
godofuck231:
no hide for back come test your metal , you go know watin power be
You will bow, even with your ayelala.
Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by Born2Breed(f): 9:19am On Feb 21, 2022
theForth:

The way you breed bastards right?

Oh! You again? Son of different fathers.
Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by HilcomTech(m): 9:36am On Feb 21, 2022
godofuck231:

Children and fire self

Why you dey fall hand na. Where you not the one threatening everyone upandan

I'm so disappointed. I thought you would have rained fire by now.
Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by segunchinchin(m): 10:41am On Feb 21, 2022
Be careful what you say about the Oba. Forget all those stories you hear ... Benin is still the ancient city and stuffs go on live. Support justice but don’t insult the Oba.

Things happen.
❤️
Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by godofuck231: 10:41am On Feb 21, 2022
HilcomTech:

Why you dey fall hand na. Where you not the one threatening everyone upandan

I'm so disappointed. I thought you would have rained fire by now.

you are right
Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by godofuck231: 10:42am On Feb 21, 2022
ransomed:

You will bow, even with your ayelala.
ok
Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by godofuck231: 10:42am On Feb 21, 2022
prigoz:

Shut your dirty mouth up, but you are shouting that North is barbaric when police discovered that children are being kept, maltreat and torture for misbehaving by their parents, but that of Oba is for correctional. This is what I call double faced. Oba is Messiah while the North are barbaric. You deserve a brain check
ok
Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by deluckiest(m): 12:31pm On Feb 21, 2022
Horllamideh:

And you are dumb to read through the report and see where the palace representatives gave Sahara reporters journalist a stupid answer when asked for the palace account ot the event. That one is still bias reportage to you abi??.
I see that you lack manner and proper upbringing.

So what? is the palace rep the court or police? Matter that is already before the law enforcement agents is what you want to kill yourself over? Yes, saharareporters is a fake and bias news outlet. I can give you so many instances of their fake news reportage if that will add some senses to your deluded brain.

You are the dumbest human living since you cannot also comprehend the abracadabra story the young chap is spewing. If I were you I would just go to Benin city and repeat this trash of yours and receive the reward that's befitting to your kind. I blame the internet for all this rubbish. Some of you that are feeling superheroes threatening hell you should know that in respective of your emotionally laden arguments only the court can pronounce the sword bearer Innocent.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by obanioluorun: 12:44pm On Feb 21, 2022
odigbosky:
Well I am not new to Nairaland and their anti Edo sentiments. People here always find any excuse to insult the Edo people and the Oba.

First, nobody is born an Omuada, you are given to the palace by your parents. To say that an Omuada is in slavery is being starved is absolute lies. The last chief Omuada still has land cases with Efcc. When you serve as Omuada and you finish, you have a high network in the Palace. Omuada are treated well in Benin and with respect.

This story is one sided, whatever the case is, there is an issue of theft. The police will do their investigation. You will be surprised this same family of the boy will come out to beg this same Oba you are insulting.

We Edo people reverence our Monarch. The Oba of Benin derives his power from the Edo people. The Oba knows he is who he is because of the Edo people.

Has Edo people ever rebelled against an Oba yes we have. Has Edo people ever killed their own Oba, yes Edo people have done it. So there is nothing you folks will say that we haven't done.

But we don't joke with the Oba stool. You can go ahead and enjoy your cities and life. This is Benin and we are not complaining about the Monarchy I wonder why you guys are crying on our behalf...

Go and insult your fathers and mothers.
Amuada or Amuida both sounds like Yoruba words for the person holding Cutlass or Sword for a king.
Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by Nobody: 1:50pm On Feb 21, 2022
obanioluorun:
Amuada or Amuida both sounds like Yoruba words for the person holding Cutlass or Sword for a king.
Well they are Edo words and it is a sword not a cutlas.
Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by Nobody: 1:53pm On Feb 21, 2022
odigbosky:
Well I am not new to Nairaland and their anti Edo sentiments. People here always find any excuse to insult the Edo people and the Oba.

First, nobody is born an Omuada, you are given to the palace by your parents. To say that an Omuada is in slavery is being starved is absolute lies. The last chief Omuada still has land cases with Efcc. When you serve as Omuada and you finish, you have a high network in the Palace. Omuada are treated well in Benin and with respect.

This story is one sided, whatever the case is, there is an issue of theft. The police will do their investigation. You will be surprised this same family of the boy will come out to beg this same Oba you are insulting.

We Edo people reverence our Monarch. The Oba of Benin derives his power from the Edo people. The Oba knows he is who he is because of the Edo people.

Has Edo people ever rebelled against an Oba yes we have. Has Edo people ever killed their own Oba, yes Edo people have done it. So there is nothing you folks will say that we haven't done.

But we don't joke with the Oba stool. You can go ahead and enjoy your cities and life. This is Benin and we are not complaining about the Monarchy I wonder why you guys are crying on our behalf...

Go and insult your fathers and mothers.

I have no recollection of us ever rebelling against our emperor nor killing our emperor, stop giving in to these trolls. We don't need their permission to exist. These guys are not our friends, they are in the process of attacking us in the cyberspace if you still can't see. The biggest reason for this attack is jealousy.
So stop giving in, and start standing your ground.

We love, respect and serve our emperor, always have and always will, just like the british serve their emperor and every subject of a true king serves his king. We don't need to apologize to outsiders for that. We don't need to justify our culture before outsiders. We owe these cowardly trolls nothing at all !

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

"I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi / Masquerade Seriously Beats An Okada Rider (video) / EndSARS : Oba Rilwan akinolu Returns To Palace Two Months After Mob Invasion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.