Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,605 members, 7,820,162 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? (25308 Views)

A Female Pastor Is Caught In An Act With Her Junior Pastor , Photo + Video / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On Spiritual Wife Or Husband: There Is Nothing Like That / Why Daddy Freeze's Mockery Of The MFM Pastor Who Died In Church Is Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by fkj950ax(m): 3:01am On Feb 21, 2022
Barrister026:
Pastors wife wants the junior pastor to be reporting to her if her husband is not around or any issue at all during church service.

What's your take on this issue is it right?

That's not a church.

2 Likes

Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by Irishrena1(f): 3:31am On Feb 21, 2022
Barrister026:

this is pointless, no points at all
it's Better for you to keep quiet and let other people answer.
noe be small quarrel we settling in the church since.

It is very very "POINTFUL"
Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by Irishrena1(f): 3:33am On Feb 21, 2022
ednut1:
Nonsense. God called the husband did he call wife too

Lol. That's if its not the husband that called God
Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by Petdagr8t(m): 3:52am On Feb 21, 2022
Barrister026:
Pastors wife wants the junior pastor to be reporting to her if her husband is not around or any issue at all during church service.

She try as much to be in charge when her husband is off in another Church to minister.

This nearly caused a problem in the church today, while I was going home surprisingly a friend of mine supported the pastor's wife.. that she's the first lady of the church of God if her husband is not around.
she can represent him anytime to coordinate like most churches

Common sense will tell you that Buhari needed not to handover to Aisha when Osibanjo is around though she having full knowledge of the oza room
Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by creepsyme(f): 5:24am On Feb 21, 2022
Barrister026:

She try as much to be in charge when her husband is off in another Church to minister.

This nearly caused a problem in the church today, while I was going home surprisingly a friend of mine supported the pastor's wife.. that she's the first lady of the church of God if her husband is not around.

Your church should have laid down structures to address issues like this and also proper organogram should be in place to avoid unnecessary rancour when your pastor is absent.
Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by immortalcrown(m): 6:22am On Feb 21, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

This is where you're missing it. Your mindset only believed, those called pastors are the only one permitted to minister at the pulpits. But I want to tell you that you're wrong. The word pastor is just a nomenclature, just as having a Pastor, Rev, Father, Apostle, same thing with Prophetess. All these nomenclatures are specifically captured in the Bible but before I move forward, let me take you back to the same Luke 2: 36-38. In V38 the bible says:
"And she was a widow of about fourscore and four years, which departed not from the temple, but served God with fastings and prayers night and day.
And she coming in that instant gave thanks likewise unto the Lord, and spake of him to all them that looked for redemption in Jerusalem".
It was stated that Prophetess Anna departed not from the temple but serving God in fasting, prayer day and night and also speaking to those that need salvation in Jerusalem. If you study the Bible very well, you will know that was the doctrine for all apostles to be ministering to the lost souls, that was the specific assignment. Same with our Lord Jesus Christ. Unlike now that gospel is preached to both saints and sinners.
I repeat again, the bible is complete and never create any room for confusion, it is we that are confusing. If a church decides to follow a certain pattern that should not be generalized or be termed as deviation based in context and not in content.
Did you read my comment well? Did you not see where I wrote that even someone that is not a pastor can preach or conduct prayers in a church? Go and read the comment again.

If making a woman a pastor is not biblical deviation, what does the word submissive in 1 Corinthians 14:34 mean? Does being submissive mean a woman should pastor a church that has men as members? Or, is there another Bible verse that invalidates the quoted verse?
Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by Adedotun9914: 6:26am On Feb 21, 2022
immortalcrown:

Did you read my comment well? Did you not see where I wrote that even someone that is not a pastor can preach or conduct prayers in a church? Go and read the comment again.
Favfables1:
Personally, I feel it should be the junior pastor...

Just like someone up there said, just because a lady is the wife of a doctor, doesn't automatically make her a doctor (unless she went to med school)...

So if a pastor's wife is not a pastor, then she can't be said to be the "second in command" in the absence of her husband, unless she's acting as an intermediary in relaying info between her hubby and the junior pastor undecided...

My thoughts though...
when president Buhari was out,did Aisha became the the acting president?my view on being a pastor is you have to be called by God Samuel and Moses were called and many more in the bible .if the wife is also a pastor its OK but if not its not
Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by Saintmary(f): 6:31am On Feb 21, 2022
Barrister026:

If her husband is the G. O. she should be in charge, but if not, then the junior pastor should take charge.
Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by Adedotun9914: 6:33am On Feb 21, 2022
Petdagr8t:

Common sense will tell you that Buhari needed not to handover to Aisha when Osibanjo is around though she having full knowledge of the oza room
thats my point Aisha may be updated on things happening but she is still not the president like wise the wife of the pastor may always be updated but she should head the church
Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by LaJoe2: 6:38am On Feb 21, 2022
Where in the Bible did you see any title called 'Junior Pastor'?

And where in the Bible did you see any of the Apostle or Church leader's wife lead the Church?

Are you sure you're in the Church that JESUS started?
Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by Bishopino: 7:02am On Feb 21, 2022
If she is not a pastor she is not a pastor and should not interfere with pastors things.
Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by Nobody: 7:04am On Feb 21, 2022
The fact that you don't see the sense in this comment tells a lot about you.

For the record, the first time your ancestors heard about Christianity was in the slave masters plantation where there was a padlock in their mouths to prevent them from eating sugar cane or speaking to one another.

The only thing black slaves were permitted to have was the bible and religion; Talk about a loving slave master. Christianity was a tool to justify, subjugate and control the black slaves of that time.

It's 2022 and the Slave masters Religion is still serving it's intended purpose in every black country/community on earth.

Barrister026:

this is pointless, no points at all
it's Better for you to keep quiet and let other people answer.
noe be small quarrel we settling in the church since.
Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by Evidenx(m): 7:07am On Feb 21, 2022
In a true church the HOLY SPIRIT is in charge.

But in this case the assistant pastor should be in charge, pastor's wife have no business with the church but unfortunately in our business centers after pastor na him wife...be cos na business dem dey run.
Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by Etuagievin(m): 7:13am On Feb 21, 2022
spice123:

You didn't study that chapter of 1 Corinthians 14 properly before concluding. Apostle Paul was talking about prophecy and speaking in tongues. You only carved that portion in verse 34 to suit yourself. Kindly go back to your Bible and read with understanding.
. He's right. A woman is to keep silent in the congregation. Vs 15 of that chapter says it's an abomination.
Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by Mrbenny001: 7:31am On Feb 21, 2022
jaxxy:

Not when the wife works in her husband’s company bruh. The wife takes charge.
If the wife works in the company...will she not have official title and capacity?.. If she doesn't..she can't take charge

1 Like

Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by Mrbenny001: 7:32am On Feb 21, 2022
Kobicove:

We're talking about a business organisation here.

Why should an outsider take charge when the owner of the business is not available?!
Are you saying the assistant chairman or Director is an outsider
Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by boyfrank: 7:56am On Feb 21, 2022
PHIPEX:
Am yet to find a Bible passage that supports Pastor Mrs position in our churches today. It is more of a rationalised position/doctrine. Even Peter who was the head of the church never brought his wife into the picture let alone other disciples.

Excellent, this is why church tradition is important.
Pentecostal churches always claim they follow the bible to the later, but only when it supports their view point.
Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by dalass(f): 8:01am On Feb 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
No, they were not! You were definitely reading the wrong book. undecided

To help you, even Moses's own Son was not included among the sons of Israel....that is how far from your claim that setting was at the time in question. undecided

As for Aaron, his two boys were struck down by God for trying to do things there way on day one. undecided

You folks need to actually read that book for yourselves so you learn fact from bullsheet.. undecided

Please make use of your no 6. I specifically mentioned siblings... Moses, Aaron, Miriam and Hur as siblings in charge of God's people as appointed by God. I did not say anything about their sons.

By the way, Aaron still passed on his priesthood to his son as commanded by God while God chose Joshua to replace Moses. It still proves that God can make a son succeed his father in ministry or someone else. So people should stop being rigid.

And pls don't quote me again. undecided
Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by dalass(f): 8:04am On Feb 21, 2022
Lamasta:

The Israelites were not complaining of family business

Ever heard of korah, Datham and Abiram? grin
Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by dalass(f): 8:07am On Feb 21, 2022
aktolly54:
Pelee madam Deborah. If pastor died and out of greed, pastor wife take over when God didn't approve it, no miracle will happen

Then leave God the owner of the business to judge her.... Yes, it is called my "Father's business" by Jesus himself.... And yes I am Deborah by name.... grin
Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by dalass(f): 8:09am On Feb 21, 2022
Etuagievin:
. He's right. A woman is to keep silent in the congregation. Vs 15 of that chapter says it's an abomination.

Go and tell that to Deborah or question God who appointed her as Leader in Israel and church... Also tell that to Priscilla..
Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by aktolly54(m): 8:36am On Feb 21, 2022
dalass:

Then leave God the owner of the business to judge her.... Yes, it is called my "Father's business" by Jesus himself.... And yes I am Deborah by name.... grin
all the best, you think pastor or pastor wife spending tithe for personal thing just because Bible said anyone that work in the vineyard has right to eat in the vineyard don't mean pastor or his wife spending tithe for personal reasons. Enjoy the tithe money while it last
Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by 752hub: 8:36am On Feb 21, 2022
Best response ever grin grin grin grin

Omniman:
cool

Call pastor for phone and ask na. Abi pastor Don die?
Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by 752hub: 8:39am On Feb 21, 2022
This is why Pastor Oshimolowo publicly tell congregation and the whole world that in his church, after him is his wife and after his wife is his son. So just in case anytime they can play the tape, even in court so there is no confusion
Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by mapet: 8:50am On Feb 21, 2022
Barrister026:

Reality is Assistant Pastor is just an employee...
Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by Nobody: 8:51am On Feb 21, 2022
None of 'em. There should be a Deacon's Board or Church Trustees

1 Like

Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by Lamasta(m): 9:20am On Feb 21, 2022
dalass:

Ever heard of korah, Datham and Abiram? grin
Stop misrepresenting the Bible asive you chatting with a toddler in Bible issues abeg what Korah, Dathan and Abiram did is rebellion ok

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bible.com/bible/406/NUM.16.1-25.ERV
Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by gabicon: 9:25am On Feb 21, 2022
Barrister026:

It clearly shows the church has a weak governance structure. The pastor should be like the CEO, the next in line is the coo, the next CFO, next GGM operations etc. The pastor and his wife can choose to be co-CEO, meaning if pastor is not around wife is in charge. Majority of churches I have attended, the pastors wife is usually a problem the congregation have to tolerate. The pastor simply has to make it clear who is the next leader of the organisation.
Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by Popsmoke2: 9:49am On Feb 21, 2022
https://www.nairaland.com/do_unshare?post=110409660&redirect=%2Fpopsmoke2%2Fposts%23110409660&session=97BD6BBA2D729FDEB5D4FCE4FBD759905681AC569030E55B50F9BFAAF24B67CB

Make una help me like my story abeg on that page

Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by President2001(m): 9:57am On Feb 21, 2022
Barrister026:

My own take is that character of both party matters in this issue, if the Pastor wife insist things will destroyed, there's no where senior Pastor want to travel to in this world that will caused communication gap , if junior Pastor is not careful he ma loose is job
Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by emmaodet: 9:58am On Feb 21, 2022
immortalcrown:
Different pentecostal churches have different doctrines and most of the pentecostal churches survive on wrong interpretations of the Bible. Therefore, your question is unnecessary and has no answer. If your question is about the Catholic, Catholic doctrines can be followed to answer the question.

Logically, a pastor's wife is not a pastor. She should be respected but any treatment or task that is specifically for pastors should not be given to her. The wife of a medical doctor can have knowledge of the husband's work but it does not make her a medical doctor. The wife of a lawyer is not a lawyer just because she knows most of her husband's legal activities.

Biblically, one may ask what if the pastor's wife is also a pastor. To answer that question, does the Bible permit women to be pastors? (1 Corinthians 14:34) is even a new testament passage. Do you now understand why I said many pentecostal churches survive on biblical deviations? Catholic doctrines do not permit women ( even Reverend sisters) to lead the church. A catholic parish will not even let the parish priest miss the Holy Mass when there is no male catechist or another priest to stand in for the parish priest.

It is just like saying the Vice President should be reporting to the First Lady when the president is not around unless of course if a church has turned to a personal business.
Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by Geesaintagape: 10:07am On Feb 21, 2022
As a Dr I am in a private hospital, when ever my MD (hospital owner) is traveling he hands over hospital affairs to me untill he returns.
The wife does come around but she's not a Dr.
But Pentecostal churches are not sincere I can tell u

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Ogboni Cult And Anti Catholic/ Islam / 12-Year-Old Lesbian At Bishop Daniel Obinim's Church For Deliverance (Video, Pic / I Am Not Dying Yet - Apostle Suleman Denies Predicting Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.