Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,880 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. (29094 Views)

Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) / Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos / Magnus Ebere Sells Heavenly Subscription Cards To Church Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. by xcesspaschal(m): 9:16am On Feb 21, 2022
D church is passing through difficult times.
Re: Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. by Aidejay(m): 9:16am On Feb 21, 2022
lol. God can bless and uplift him higher than what ever position they think they are depriving him from. God works by different standards and if God inspired what he said the same God will use this to raise him above all of them.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. by ransomed: 9:17am On Feb 21, 2022
Biafra is yet to materialize, ban and suspension have started flying. Why not use internal mechanism to resolve issues.

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. by matm: 9:19am On Feb 21, 2022
I suppose the church was instituted for conversion of souls.How does Igbo domination or no domination co-relate with preaching of repentance and winning of many souls heading to hellfire back to God?

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. by drmuchin: 9:19am On Feb 21, 2022
Short of words
Re: Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. by Bobloco: 9:19am On Feb 21, 2022
Good one
Re: Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. by matm: 9:21am On Feb 21, 2022
I suppose the church was instituted for conversion of souls.How does Igbo domination or no domination co-relate with preaching of repentance and winning of many souls heading to hellfire back to God?
No wonder the bible charges believers to always walk in the spirit.Walking in the flesh makes u forget ur mandate for irrelevant and silly things that have no bearing on ur vision and mandate

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 9:23am On Feb 21, 2022
Church don turn school...suspension kwa?na wa ooo..Mad people everywhere.. . MNK!

Naugotaya3:
Yo Guys .. I’m an Upcoming Youtuber that makes Reaction Videos and Basketball Content.

Please subscribe to my channel if any of these interest you. smiley
It will really help me out

Meanwhile watch this video of the funniest sport fails.
I promise you, you must laugh grin
From someone sacrificing his balls
To someone being punched out the boxing ring with force grin

Just watch the video grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiOXXzsdMjQ&feature=youtu.be

Re: Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. by Bahamas95(m): 9:27am On Feb 21, 2022
There's an element of truth in what he said.

Same thing applies to two big churches in Nigeria, I won't mention names. A particular tribe dominate in the head pastor department. Pastors from other tribes work under them as assistants even in their states...... Community slot dey religion, nor be only football.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. by BigManPeter(m): 9:29am On Feb 21, 2022
undecided
Re: Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. by Essence20(m): 9:32am On Feb 21, 2022
Realists:
Igbos have dominating & marginalizing churches around Nigeria. Yet they cry marginalization in the Nigerian political arena.

Don't you think karma is serving them what they deserve ?.
I think your sense has also been marginalized, cos you sound very stupid.

5 Likes

Re: Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. by emmanuelbrown26: 9:35am On Feb 21, 2022
Realists:
Igbos have dominating & marginalizing churches around Nigeria. Yet they cry marginalization in the Nigerian political arena.

Don't you think karma is serving them what they deserve ?.
Not all churches Mr I too know. Catholic and Anglican that's all.
Go to RCCG and see if Igbos are dominating their.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. by advanceDNA: 9:40am On Feb 21, 2022
Ournolly:
He is laud mouthed.
There is no domination in the house of God.
We are all equal and free.

The nigga is Igbo naaa....he cant beef his own tribe
I think his statement was largely misinterpreted. he was only asking for more inclusive worship songs...
Back in 2018.. an Igbo pastor from anambra was posted to my church.... he said he was surprised we hardly sing Yoruba songs in this branch and he appreciated it because it made service easy for him to relate. He said it would also make t easy for other tribe to relate since the songs were mostly in English....I don’t think this pastor was hating on Igbos...

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. by Kunja2: 9:42am On Feb 21, 2022
Nawa o. Why can't the house of God be coordinated?

Have you ever tried the Oraimo smartwatch before? If you've not, you're missing out on aot

Re: Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. by charlesedu777: 9:45am On Feb 21, 2022
Come father respect you self

Re: Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. by MartinsD12(m): 9:45am On Feb 21, 2022
naptu2:
Previous thread Lagos Catholic Archdiocese Suspends Priest For Comments About Igbo Songs.

https://dailypost.ng/2022/02/20/catholic-church-disowns-priest-who-said-igbos-dominate-in-churches-they-belong-to/

Video of Reverend Father Magnus Ebere's comments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL1Tqx3x81Y
Shame unto him , to make things very disappointing he is an Igbo man fighting igbos efulefus everywhere

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. by Nobody: 9:55am On Feb 21, 2022
Tribal bigotry runs in their veins, it shows how uncivilized they are...the clergy can't help himself cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. by Peace880(m): 9:56am On Feb 21, 2022
Plz nairaland I need una help o .. save me from okash pipu, dem dey ask me to pay for the loan I didn't collect from them pls help o

Dem don dey call me since last week now to pay for the loan I didn't collect from them and i didn't collect any loan from them,

Pls help me out o ..

If anybody know how I can solve this should pls help o
Re: Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. by aspabay(m): 9:58am On Feb 21, 2022
When I say Igbos are the true tribalist in Nigeria, some will cry foul.

Catholic church and Chosen have been reduced to Igbo churches

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. by Sent87: 9:59am On Feb 21, 2022
Aidejay:
lol. God can bless and uplift him higher than what ever position they think they are depriving him from. God works by different standards and if God inspired what he said the same God will use this to raise him above all of them.
God will never place a section of his children above others.
We are all free and equal before God.
He told us to exercise dominion over the earth and it resources not over each other.
What that father said is unchristian.

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. by ERockson: 10:05am On Feb 21, 2022
No doubt Igbo christians have problems. I have seen some Igbo churches in Yoruba land with ethnic agenda which is not good for Christianity. They need to be checked honestly. Imagine, a Catholic in Yoruba land, They Will form different igbo group like, Igbo Catholic women, buy a bus and name it Igbo Catholic woman, solely for igbo Catholic women activities, Igbo Children youth etc all one in church. Igbos needs to be "educated" , the video of this Rev. Ebere has confirmed the allegation of that Reverend Pastor...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. by bigtoff123: 10:21am On Feb 21, 2022
God is great 3and half plot of farm land is here location ede price 2m for serious buyer only it has a small building for rearing of animals call/chat me up on 09036900881
Re: Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. by agadez007(m): 10:21am On Feb 21, 2022
aspabay:
When I say Igbos are the true tribalist in Nigeria, some will cry foul.

Catholic church and Chosen have been reduced to Igbo churches
All Mfm and redeemed churches in the east are all headed by Yorubas pastors,even in Islam,Yoruba Alfas don’t show face when there is Hausa/northern Alfa present
Why is igbo own a problem to you guys?
Some of you just open mouth and vomit rubbish

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lady Becomes Homeless After Sowing Her House Rent As Seed To Pastor / Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit / Oyedepo: Those Saying Pastors Are Stealing Risk God’s Wrath

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.