Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview (52153 Views)

A Plea To President Buhari On The NNPC 2012 Graduate Trainee Recruitment / NNPC Job Scam. / Who Has Received Recent Email From NNPC As Regards The NNPC 2012 Recruitment? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by DeGenius3(m): 10:27am On Jul 27, 2011
thanks a lot synite. it was really apprecited!
Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by nnemak(m): 1:54pm On Jul 27, 2011
when would thei interview be concludede? Do you know the result would be out?
Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by thomasjohn: 6:23pm On Jul 27, 2011
nne_mak:

when would thei interview be concludede? Do you know the result would be out?

late sept
Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by ikush(m): 8:21pm On Jul 27, 2011
@Budapest thanks for the information pls what is the PPA Assessment and Pre Interview all about?thank you
Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by kings33(m): 8:03am On Jul 28, 2011
My interview is supposed to hold tomorrow, 29th July, but I just received a text message from 'NNPC-PCL' telling me that my interview has been rescheduled to the 4th of August. Please does anyone have a similar problem. I am suspicious of the text cause it doesnt carry any detail like the time, the PCL isuppose should be PLC, and I havent received a corresponding email.
Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by Plutarch: 8:38am On Jul 28, 2011
@kings,
I will advise u to disregard the msg n go 4 it as scheduled n if it is not conducted you would hv lost d money 4 transportatn n perhaps time. Similar msgs were sent to some folks last wk only 2 discover dat twas misleading

BTW, r u an EH or a GT n wat discipline?
Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by jimngaminc(m): 9:17am On Jul 28, 2011
URGENT!!!!!!!!!!!

Pls if u knw anybudy whose interview is billed 4 2day(weda aftanun or evening) tel them 2 start comin 2 d towers NOW, as all interviews wil b done in d morning. Not kidding! I'm there now.
Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by kings33(m): 9:52am On Jul 28, 2011
@jimngaminc, do you mean all interviews slated for evening hours now holds in the morning.
Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by kings33(m): 9:57am On Jul 28, 2011
@plutarch, thanks for the advise I ll go ahead.
Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by jimngaminc(m): 10:01am On Jul 28, 2011
No all interviews slated 4 2day! Dey didn't mention oda days!
Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by Ethnan: 10:23am On Jul 28, 2011
Hi guys,I am an EH and supposed to have my interview on Friday 29th July,2011 but received an SMS that it has been rescheduled to Wed Friday,3rd Aug,2011. Did anyone else get such change in date or is this sms a scam? I have written them,tried calling severally,no response yet.Thanks guys in anticipation.
Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by ODIAKA2: 10:28am On Jul 28, 2011
Dear Job Applicant,

NIGERIA NATIONAL PETROLEUM CORPORATION NIG. is an indigenous Nigerian Company, which provides various technical services and products to the petroleum industry. At NIGERIA NATIONAL PETROLEUM CORPORATION we focus on total customer responsiveness. we have focused on service quality and low cost technologies. NIGERIA NATIONAL PETROLEUM CORPORATION is owned 100% by Nigerians. The idea is to provide the oil and gas industry with effective, dependable and low cost integrated services technology.NIGERIA NATIONAL PETROLEUM CORPORATION strives to:

Deliver quality services to our clients
Encourage team work
Protect the environment
Maintain a work environment that motivates and rewards its employees

Our Mission :

Our mission is to be a leading provider of best-in-class well services training/consultancy services and leak/wall loss repair
services for our clients that are targeted, comprehensive and cost effective through the integration of process, people and technology.

Our Vision :

We are dedicated to becoming the leading provider of Well Services Training / Consultancy services and leak / Wall Loss
repair services in Nigeria. We hope to achieve this by

* » Strategic Alliances
* » Trained Personnel
* » Good Products

CURRENT STAFF VACANCIES

-CUSTOMER TECHNICAL SUPPORT HEAD/SUPERVISOR – REFERENCE CODE: TCS005
-REGIONAL MANAGER, JOB REF NUMBER THN065
-Accountant , JOB REF NUMBER TNB89F
-Financial Accountant , JOB REF NUMBER TYGBOO
-Architect Engineer, JOB REF NUMBER PGB765
-Electrical engineer, JOB REF NUMBER JKGXZ5
-Mechanical engineer, JOB REF NUMBER BVC34D
-Events Executives , JOB REF NUMBER VCFH65
-SHOP MANAGER, JOB REF NUMBER PSDJ41
-Marketing Executive, JOB REF NUMBER LKS75S
-Sales Managers, JOB REF NUMBER HFS32C
-Civil Engineer, JOB REF NUMBER JHS56T
-Chemical Engineer, JOB REF NUMBER LAGTW2
-FIELD SALES OFFICER, JOB REF NUMBER FGT28S
-SALES ANALYST, JOB REF NUMBER WHW3H3
-SALES OFFICER, JOB REF NUMBER QAWHY3
-PROJECT ENGINEER, JOB REF NUMBER OJS56S
-CORE NETWORK SUPERVISOR, JOB REF NUMBER JSGTE5

Note: Answer the above questions in your reply message and also attach a copy of your updated CV/Resume.All successful candidates will be scheduled for an interview with the company.

Sincerely,

Dr.John Henry
HEAD HUMAN RESOURCES
TEL:+
EMAIL: careers.

Date: Thursday, 30 June, 2011 (3 weeks ago) Share
Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by jimngaminc(m): 7:57pm On Jul 28, 2011
Had myne 2day, it was just like wat oders noted, d interview generally take the direction of ur responses. So I'll suggest that even @ d point of introducin urself, sell urself and chip in sumtin frm ur area of competence, when respondin, topics u r comfortable wit, 4 instance, d 1st question I was askd was 2 comment on nigerian banking sector(obviously frm my bnkng background) and I chipped in global financial meltdown, d discussion shifted 2 d meltdown part.

Just b relaxed, even when u r asked a question u don't know or not sure, don't b agitated, may God grant us our desires, amen. See u guys @ d induction!!!
Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by dexymine: 11:15pm On Jul 28, 2011
Hi guys, it wasnt particularly pleasant for me but here are my comments:
- There was no focus on current affairs
- There was a strong focus on the cv
- Make sure your cv is detailed to a T with all gaps accounted for. Also, date all the educational instititions you went to from primary school upwards!
- Try to steer the conversation towards your strong areas
- I was asked to name 5 subsidiaries, why I want to leave my present job and discuss what I know about NNPC

P.S: NNPC doesnt count your work experience if you are going in through GT. All GTs start at the same level, post graduate or otherwise. That's what the panel members said, anyway.

Hope this helps someone. All the best
Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by cretin: 9:07am On Jul 29, 2011
dexymine:

Hi guys, it wasnt particularly pleasant for me but here are my comments:
- There was no focus on current affairs
- There was a strong focus on the cv
- Make sure your cv is detailed to a T with all gaps accounted for. Also, date all the educational instititions you went to from primary school upwards!
- Try to steer the conversation towards your strong areas
- I was asked to name 5 subsidiaries, why I want to leave my present job and discuss what I know about NNPC

P.S: NNPC doesnt count your work experience if you are going in through GT. All GTs start at the same level, post graduate or otherwise. That's what the panel members said, anyway.

wow@dexymine, kpele, urs didnt go so well, was it gt or eh?.

with the ramadan and nlc minimum wage strike scheduled to kick off on monday 1st august, what happens to those scheduled to hv their interview that day or that wk?. has nnpc/phillips consulting contacted any body as regards postponing the interviews?.
holla!

Hope this helps someone. All the best

Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by kings33(m): 5:12pm On Jul 29, 2011
I went to the towers today. it's true that my interview has been rescheduled. Pls is there any one in the house who studied Economics and has had his/her interview? could help feel me on the possible questions. thanks
Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by Obinoscopy(m): 6:46pm On Jul 29, 2011
thomasjohn:

late sept

Are you really sure? How do yu know?
Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by jimngaminc(m): 9:52pm On Jul 29, 2011
@kings33; I had myn yesterday, I'm an economist, D interview was kul, here is a summary: a panel of 7 ppl, headed by a chairman, dey askd askd me 2 intro(sell) myself, wen I did and mentioned dt I'm currently wrkin wif gtb, I was askd 2 comment on Nigerian bankin industry, as I was commentin I mentioned global financial meltdown, and was askd whether I think d wrld was out of d woods yet, afta ansarin, dey askd me a discipline related question, dt wat r d major components of microecons, I sed Demand and Supply, was askd 2 define dem, den askd
wat elasticity of DD was, I tol dem and gef an example of a unitary elasticity(insulin), was askd if it can b -ve, sed it can b -ve, +ve or unitary, was askd wen it is -ve(cudnt
rememba immidiately), tol dem I can't rily rememba and dnt
want 2 mix dem up, den I was askd d core biz of NNPC, I
sed exploration and refining, was askd wat subsidiaries
cary out each, I sed NPDC(expl) and KRPC(ref) den I was
askd sum products of KRPC I sed PMS, diesel, LPG, and
Kero(domestic and aviation) I was den asked my gross
annual and net mntly salaries, den lastly hw long notice I nid
2 giv my employers, I sed a month, I was given d opprtnty
2 ask a question, I askd wat d nxt stage was, dey sed
rankin and selection of successful candidates den induction.
Wen introducin urself, chip in dt u r wrkin(if u r), if u dnt want 2 b askd 2 much discipline related questions, if u notice(4rm abov) d interview takes d path of ur responses, so u r in control. Al d best. askd me a discipline related question, dt wat r d major components of microecons, I sed Demand and Supply, was askd 2 define dem, den askd
wat elasticity of DD was, I tol dem and gef an example of a unitary elasticity(insulin), was askd if it can b -ve, sed it can b -ve, +ve or unitary, was askd wen it is -ve(cudnt
Wen introducin urself, chip in dt u r wrkin(if u r), if u dnt want 2 b askd 2 much discipline related questions, if u notice(4rm abov) d interview takes d path of ur responses, so u r in control. Al d best.
Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by seyi42k(m): 10:20pm On Jul 29, 2011
jimngaminc:

@kings33; I had myn yesterday, I'm an economist, D interview was kul, here is a summary: a panel of 7 ppl, headed by a chairman, dey askd askd me 2 intro(sell) myself, wen I did and mentioned dt I'm currently wrkin wif gtb, I was askd 2 comment on Nigerian bankin industry, as I was commentin I mentioned global financial meltdown, and was askd whether I think d wrld was out of d woods yet, afta ansarin, dey askd me a discipline related question, dt wat r d major components of microecons, I sed Demand and Supply, was askd 2 define dem, den askd
Wen introducin urself, chip in dt u r wrkin(if u r), if u dnt want 2 b askd 2 much discipline related questions, if u notice(4rm abov) d interview takes d path of your responses, so u r in control. Al d best. askd me a discipline related question, dt wat r d major components of microecons, I sed Demand and Supply, was askd 2 define dem, den askd
Wen introducin urself, chip in dt u r wrkin(if u r), if u dnt want 2 b askd 2 much discipline related questions, if u notice(4rm abov) d interview takes d path of your responses, so u r in control. Al d best.

Hi jimngaminc,

We appreciate your information but there is too much noise in it. They say anything worth doing at all is worth doing well. If you had 3 well written lines it would have been better that what you wrote.

Please do not be offended, kindly help prospective interviewees by modifying or repasting your response. It will go a long way in assisting them.

Best regards.
Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by emiye(m): 10:39pm On Jul 29, 2011
seyi42k:

Hi jimngaminc,

We appreciate your information but there is too much noise in it. They say anything worth doing at all is worth doing well. If you had 3 well written lines it would have been better that what you wrote.

Please do not be offended, kindly help prospective interviewees by modifying or repasting your response. It will go a long way in assisting them.

Best regards.

i think the noise sounds like music.

The music; i think we can dance to it.
Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by jimngaminc(m): 10:44pm On Jul 29, 2011
@seyi42k: tnx 4 ur observation, no offense taken.

The interview was responsive, most of d question were frm my responses 2 previous. The question were on;

- the banking industry
- global financial meltdown
- discipline based
- NNPC.

One just need 2 b relaxed and audible, it is friendly with a 7man panel.

-
Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by cretin: 11:04am On Jul 30, 2011
jimngaminc:

@seyi42k: tnx 4 your observation, no offense taken.

The interview was responsive, most of d question were frm my responses 2 previous. The question were on;

- the banking industry
- global financial meltdown
- discipline based
- NNPC.

One just need 2 b relaxed and audible, it is friendly with a 7man panel.

i guess urs is experienced position./were you not given a powerpoint presentation to prepare for?, how did it go, am really interested in the presentation, how it is and what questions they ask on it if any?

-
Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by dilahel: 9:41am On Aug 01, 2011
Please is any EH for the position of HR ADVISOR in the house, I need the CASE STUDY for that position. My friend was invited to the interview and was not sent any case study topic and all effort to get one from phillips consulting and NNPC has not helped and his interview is on thursday. abeg make una help oh.
Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by jimngaminc(m): 10:24am On Aug 01, 2011
@martin898 pls dnt derail this thread, we hav different topics and forums, I guess u can find a more suitable 1 4 ur advert. Tnx and no tnx.
Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by earthrealm(m): 10:47am On Aug 01, 2011
@jimganmic, cud u pls shed more light on the presentation?, urs is EH abi?, they asked you questions on it?
Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by jimngaminc(m): 11:12am On Aug 01, 2011
@earthrealm, hav responded b4, myn was GT, wasn't up 2 d EH yrs as @ tym of d application.
Tnx
Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by jiggo(m): 8:10pm On Aug 02, 2011
Dear candidate, please be advised that your interview will now hold on Thursday, August 11, 2011. We regret any inconvenience caused. Regards. NNPC-PCL.

Is this for real? It was a text message sent,
Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by idrismodel: 4:56am On Aug 04, 2011
i got a message that my intaview date has been postpond, but can i still go on my earlier schedule date?
Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by Syenite(m): 8:34am On Aug 04, 2011
Well done guys. You are gradually getting there. Hope this topic which I posted weeks back has been helpful?
Hope to meet you as colleagues soon.
Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by Plutarch: 9:01am On Aug 04, 2011
Thank u Syenite,
Do u v an idea of d number pple to be employed per state?
Is it true that d highest scoring candidates did their interview on d first day?
Do u think the process will be transparent?
Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by Syenite(m): 1:00pm On Aug 04, 2011
Anwers to the first two questions I don't know.
But for the third question the NNPC HR is poised to delivering the best possible candidates to the corpoartion.Though some form of irregularities cannot not be totally ruled out as it is in every company in Nigeria, but what I can tell you is that majority of people to be employed would be based purely on merit.I never knew even a cleaner during my time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Immigration Service Is Recruiting! / SSS Is Recruiting Cadet Officers- Nasir El-rufai / Photos From Ini Iniubong Umoren's Burial In Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.