Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,362 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:44 AM

DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit (22323 Views)

How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? / Can I Do Masters In Nigeria With Second Class Lower? / Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by bunnae(f): 10:34am On Feb 22, 2022
NobIeKING:
uniben?
Delsu
Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by Nobody: 10:35am On Feb 22, 2022
irunoko:
that's after his mates have finished using their certificate to either pursue a career or dumped their certificate to pursue a buisnness and they have all settled their lives and family

Village people at work . I'm not sure he has a mother or Older sibling who will tell him the truth

While investigation is going on and ASUU goes on strike, wetin he wan do? cheesy

Who he wan go meet! grin

Employing lawless lawyers where there's no certainty of justice when you don't have a steady source of income to sustain the case.abi he no see anyone to tell am say justice dey expensive for nigeria

For starters how many professors he wan follow fight? Exams and records people Nko? grin

We're still talking about ASUU, what if nasu goes on strike? cheesy

Werey alasho.make he no collect him certificate Jeje and move on with his life grin

leave him joor

1 Like

Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by Waynesteave: 10:36am On Feb 22, 2022
YinkaOlusesi16:
Nah person wey get money dey follow sch dey drag
because you accept everything including an insult doesn't mean others should follow in ur shoes. If Nigerian student had been suing some Universities by now our schools would be among the the best.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by Idadurun: 10:37am On Feb 22, 2022
Something similar is happening in the Department of Political Science, Rivers State University.

I have written to the HOD who committed this blunder but he keeps saying he's reworking it since last year November. This prompted me to write to the Dean, Faculty of Social Science. Till date nothing has been done about it.

NUC and ministries of education should act fast to stop this new wave of academic crime in our universities.

I can't really fashion out the motive behind this unethical act. I see it as CGPA rackeering. Where the CGPAS of graduates who have taken time to study seriously are exchanged for less-studious student call for worrisome.

1 Like

Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by goslowgoslow(m): 10:37am On Feb 22, 2022
squash47:
Wetin dey worry this one sef
That he is fighting for justice? Sorry for all of you.
Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by goslowgoslow(m): 10:40am On Feb 22, 2022
irunoko:
that's after his mates have finished using their certificate to either pursue a career or dumped their certificate to pursue a buisnness and they have all settled their lives and family

Village people at work . I'm not sure he has a mother or Older sibling who will tell him the truth

While investigation is going on and ASUU goes on strike, wetin he wan do? cheesy

Who he wan go meet! grin

Employing lawless lawyers where there's no certainty of justice when you don't have a steady source of income to sustain the case.abi he no see anyone to tell am say justice dey expensive for nigeria

For starters how many professors he wan follow fight? Exams and records people Nko? grin

We're still talking about ASUU, what if nasu goes on strike? cheesy

Werey alasho.make he no collect him certificate Jeje and move on with his life grin

I don't believe people can still be this backwards and stupid.

2 Likes

Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by irunoko(m): 10:41am On Feb 22, 2022
Cantonese:

If you don't see your results published on the boards, then it shows the weakness of the SUG. It is their responsibility to sort that out with the university authorities.

Most SUGs leaders have become like governors and ministers and more interested in what they get financially.
they are actually like Stooges of the university management or politicians.in many public institutions,it's the university management that determines who becomes sug president just like some ruling Political parties determines who becomes governors in their State

Sugs are mini politicians.whatever the students are going through is none of their buisnness.all they are after is to be in the good books of the university Management , politicians and get as much money, influence and network as they want before they graduate.an example is Dino when he was a student sug member

1 Like

Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by irunoko(m): 10:43am On Feb 22, 2022
goslowgoslow:

I don't believe people can still be this backwards and stupid.
lol.na village people cause am cheesy
Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by irunoko(m): 10:47am On Feb 22, 2022
Idadurun:
Something similar is happening in the Department of Political Science, Rivers State University.

I have written to the HOD who committed this blunder but he keeps saying he's reworking it since last year November. This prompted me to write to the Dean, Faculty of Social Science. Till date nothing has been done about it.

NUC and ministries of education should act fast to stop this new wave of academic crime in our universities.

I can't really fashion out the motive behind this unethical act. I see it as CGPA rackeering. Where the CGPAS of graduates who have taken time to study seriously are exchanged for less-studious student call for worrisome.
lol did you say new wave of academic crime? Such issues are as old as cultism in Nigerian universities.the ministries aren't interested in issues like that except there's something in it for them.e.g your papa Na senator and helping you means they can get contract or some form of reward

2 Likes

Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by Nwaotu10(m): 10:51am On Feb 22, 2022
O boy, see Nigerian flag oooo. It has been long I saw it last. Chaiii!!!
Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by Onyiiobi7735(m): 10:52am On Feb 22, 2022
Thanksful:

God may be using him to change the story of others who has been disturbing him with prayers on a similar issue undecided.
Exactly! You are correct.

1 Like

Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by Emmaculate77(m): 10:53am On Feb 22, 2022
Walkee:
Which one is "I believe"?
Don't you know your scores in all the courses you did?
Go and calculate you idiot. I knew my exact cgpa immediately they released our final year results. It's very easy to calculate dumb students always say, "they did not give me first class etc" nobody gives you first class, you get first class. Calculate your results and stop being a nuisance

Judging by the way you type, I do not think you are any smarter than him. You can't even make a complete sentence without the word "idiot."

I used to think that people were sent to school to become civilised, unfortunately, we have more graduate touts than motor park touts.

1 Like

Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by irunoko(m): 10:56am On Feb 22, 2022
Waynesteave:
because you accept everything including an insult doesn't mean others should follow in ur shoes. If Nigerian student had been suing some Universities by now our schools would be among the the best.
for starters the university is another cabal or institution on its own.suing the school is as good as casting aspersions on all the lecturers,dean's and hods expertise and competency.the way these guys will unite and come at you knowing their Jobs are on the line because of you no go get part 2 and some of these lecturers are cultists.its very possible they hire cult students to assassinate that student.forget o.naija university is something else and like the dayit goes,when you fight corruption, corruption fights back
Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by zoedew: 10:57am On Feb 22, 2022
Hisbah21:
This one doesnot really understand the university system and the courts. he will spend another 15years hanging waiting for the judgement. And they will rule in favor of the university
At whose discretion is a University Degree awarded? Can you compel a University to award her degree to an individual not to talk of the class of degree.
Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by irunoko(m): 11:04am On Feb 22, 2022
kingphilip:
Why did he wait till this time after 8-9 years before all this?

Atleast make lawyers chop him money small sha.
all that money he wants to spend on lawyers,if he spends it on starting a buisnness,he will make it speedily
Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by Olaideolayemi(m): 11:08am On Feb 22, 2022
This one no serious at all..Y don't you go for MSC and have first class there.. Abeg move..

1 Like

Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by irunoko(m): 11:11am On Feb 22, 2022
Nijagogetsense:
This is a student and a more. I love his courage!
that is not courage, that is foolishness.its foolishness for 1 individual to fight a 60 something year old institution.his actions is tantamount to suing his entire lecturers,hod and dean (who likely have influence and network with experienced lawyers) to defend themselves and interests
Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by irunoko(m): 11:11am On Feb 22, 2022
Nijagogetsense:
This is a student and a more. I love his courage!
that is not courage, that is foolishness.its foolishness for 1 individual to fight a 60 something year old institution.his actions is tantamount to suing his entire lecturers,hod and dean (who likely have influence and network with experienced lawyers) to defend themselves and interests lipsrsealed
Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by vaxx: 11:12am On Feb 22, 2022
Loewe:

Not necessarily. Most times, schools do not like their name being dragged on social media, that alone would trigger them to act on the issue.

Nobody deserves to suffer for an institution's mistake. Public universities always expect students to accept whatever they throw at them, that's pretty unfair...
only private school will not want to have anything to do with court system but for public institution , they are like any Goverment intuition. If you like take them to supreme court, you can't compelled them against the system that established both the court system and their institution.
Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by irunoko(m): 11:14am On Feb 22, 2022
juman:
Good.
Court is there to correct injustice.
Good luck to you.
lmaooo you're looking for justice in Nigerian courts? Aba kyari situation, Sunday igboho, Nnamdi Kanu,sowore,mko abiolas case are they not more than enough examples to show the level of decay in the justice system?
Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by Walkee: 11:15am On Feb 22, 2022
Emmaculate77:

Judging by the way you type, I do not think you are any smarter than him. You can even make a complete sentence without the word "idiot."

I used to think that people were sent to school to become civilised, unfortunately, we have more graduate touts than motor park touts.
rest. When I was in the university I always hear people say rubbish like my department don't give this or that. You hear senior colleagues saying they didn't give me 2.1 instead of them to sit down and calculate their grades. The same department you are saying did not give you 2.1, if you look carefully you'd discover lots of people got that same 2.1 or even first class.

Most students and graduates don't know how to calculate their cgpa, others don't like to take responsibility. This is how they end up deceiving new students into believing a particular department doesn't award first class or second class upper division. Others will tell you it is impossible to pass Mr so so and so course. They're idiots. They abound in university.
Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by irunoko(m): 11:16am On Feb 22, 2022
vaxx:
only private school will not want to have anything to do with court system but for public institution , they are like any Goverment intuition. If you like take them to supreme court, you can't compelled them against the system that established both the court system and their institution.
exactly my point.private university are after the money so they'll do everything in their power to protect their name so they don't close up but public institutions no send your papa
Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by Ekugbeh(m): 11:18am On Feb 22, 2022
Walkee:
Which one is "I believe"?
Don't you know your scores in all the courses you did?
Go and calculate you idiot. I knew my exact cgpa immediately they released our final year results. It's very easy to calculate dumb students always say, "they did not give me first class etc" nobody gives you first class, you get first class. Calculate your results and stop being a nuisance
He said what they gave him was below par meaning what he got and what the school gave him didn't correlate.
Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by EhisChelsea1(m): 11:28am On Feb 22, 2022
NobIeKING:
same story of yours applies to mine. But what makes it worse is that the high grades I had in both 100 and 200 level couldn't make up as I was slammed with 3 E's in my 300 level and the 3 courses were all 3 credit units.
This same lecturer also graded me with a C in my project and That's how I relegated to second class Lower.
The thing pain me ehn

You see! Who nor know or nor experience am go say, person just Dey talk. Some lecturers are just wicked. If it were possible, that lecturer for push me go second class lower but he just couldn’t despite all his effort, and also cos, e for generate too many issues. Despite slamming me with 4 E’s in 300L, I was still on 4+. I had 13 A’s in 200L. my thesis and about 70% of my 400L courses were A’s

My greatest pain be say, courses wen nor be he handle, e go Dey reduce the marks when he Dey compute the final results. That to me, na wickedness in the highest order. That is how students go Dey happy Dey expect 2:1 only to see final result say na 2:2 dem give dem and dem go Dey wonder wetin go wrong...

My joy today be say, that lecturer is still struggling with his PhD til date, despite being a brain box while me wen first go hustle, before I decide to go back to school Dey do my PhD external by July/August.... karma Dey work at times....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by Walkee: 11:30am On Feb 22, 2022
Ekugbeh:
He said what they gave him was below par meaning what he got and what the school gave him didn't correlate.
" I believe"
If you read what I wrote you'd notice that that's what I have problem with I believe means he's not even sure of what he's talking about. This is not a matter based on faith, degrees are verifiable. In fact if you calculate your 300 level results and you aren't highly overperforming your desire class, you have little chance of making it. 400 level results are marked with much more scrutiny
Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by Nobody: 11:33am On Feb 22, 2022
I hope he gets justice, and also sue their a$$ for damages. Scholarships and Job opportunities that would have passed him by
Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by juman(m): 11:33am On Feb 22, 2022
irunoko:
lmaooo you're looking for justice in Nigerian courts? Aba kyari situation, Sunday igboho, Nnamdi Kanu,sowore,mko abiolas case are they not more than enough examples to show the level of decay in the justice system?

What else do you want him to do to get justice?
Let him try it.
Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by EhisChelsea1(m): 11:34am On Feb 22, 2022
Walkee:
rest. When I was in the university I always hear people say rubbish like my department don't give this or that. You hear senior colleagues saying they didn't give me 2.1 instead of them to sit down and calculate their grades. The same department you are saying did not give you 2.1, if you look carefully you'd discover lots of people got that same 2.1 or even first class.

Most students and graduates don't know how to calculate their cgpa, others don't like to take responsibility. This is how they end up deceiving new students into believing a particular department doesn't award first class or second class upper division. Others will tell you it is impossible to pass Mr so so and so course. They're idiots. They abound in university.

You can either believe it or not, but the fact remains that, some schools hardly give first class, if they give at all. Ekp is an example of such schools. Apart from May (Microbiology 2005, and one engineering guy, 2003), I do not think any student have graduated with a first class since 1999 til date...

I am 100% sure of 1999 - 2009. Students didn’t just manufacture the term “they gave me 2:2 out of the blues. Na something dem see when make them start Dey say, “2:2 is given while 2:1 is made”
Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by Ekugbeh(m): 11:40am On Feb 22, 2022
Walkee:
" I believe"
If you read what I wrote you'd notice that that's what I have problem with I believe means he's not even sure of what he's talking about. This is not a matter based on faith, degrees are verifiable. In fact if you calculate your 300 level results and you aren't highly overperforming your desire class, you have little chance of making it. 400 level results are marked with much more scrutiny
choice of words in play. He chose "believe" to be more civil
Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by Walkee: 11:44am On Feb 22, 2022
EhisChelsea1:

You can either believe it or not, but the fact remains that, some schools hardly give first class, if they give at all. Ekp is an example of such schools. Apart from May (Microbiology 2005, and one engineering guy, 2003), I do not think any student have graduated with a first class since 1999 til date...

I am 100% sure of 1999 - 2009. Students didn’t just manufacture the term “they gave me 2:2 out of the blues. Na something dem see when make them start Dey say, “2:2 is given while 2:1 is made”
I graduated from AAU Ekpoma. Nobody has ever had First class in my department. Only 20 of us had 2.1 out of close to 300 students. The question is did any of us deserve first class? The answer is no. All my friends said they did me dirty for not awarding me First class hons. I told them I wasn't worth it. As early as 200 level I knew it was impossible for me to get First class despite the fact that I had 14 A's and 3 B's in the 17 courses we did in 200L.
I had 5 C's and 1 D in 100 level which automatically meant first class was now a mountain because as from 300 L all lecturers start marking scripts with much more scrutiny. They no longer look you with secondary school eyes as they were doing in 100 L.

2 Likes

Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by irunoko(m): 11:45am On Feb 22, 2022
juman:

What else do you want him to do to get justice?
Let him try it.
he shouldn't bother.he should leave it for God and move on.1st class or not means no shiii in nigeria,if it meant shii I'll have encouraged him to pursue the case.just waste of time, resources and emotions when justice can't even be guaranteed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A / Ambrose Alli University Students Protest Hike In Fees, Storm Oba's Palace (Pics) / Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.