Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,968 members, 7,810,682 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:14 PM

DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit (22327 Views)

How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? / Can I Do Masters In Nigeria With Second Class Lower? / Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by emmykk(m): 8:47am On Feb 22, 2022
Hisbah21:
This one doesnot really understand the university system and the courts. he will spend another 15years hanging waiting for the judgement. And they will rule in favor of the university

He may have calculated the GPA from the grade he got since year 1 and may have arrived at second class upper.

What he may not know is if the computational formula the school use is not what he is using.

Life is not by grade you graduated with in school the real hustling is what you become after it.

1 Like

Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by Nobody: 8:47am On Feb 22, 2022
This is a student and a more. I love his courage!
Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by Nobody: 8:48am On Feb 22, 2022
Lol. Where him dey when dem dey compile am? Well I hope he gets what he deserves
Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by Enemyofpeace: 8:51am On Feb 22, 2022
Who second class upper epp for Nigeria? I just dey laff this guy. Mynd44 that tooked first class in medicine is today doing business

2 Likes

Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by juman(m): 8:52am On Feb 22, 2022
Good.
Court is there to correct injustice.
Good luck to you.
Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by backnbeta(f): 8:52am On Feb 22, 2022
Hisbah21:

most schools like...?. how many lawsuits are universities into? i know its unfair.. i will only advice him to accept his result and move on
Nah. All answer scripts are archived for future references and they are supposed to be available for reevaluation. He can win the case because the university will be compelled to find his script. However, he can be marked down once other lecturers are aware that the script will put a colleague in trouble

2 Likes

Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by ejimatic: 9:02am On Feb 22, 2022
Hisbah21:
This one doesnot really understand the university system and the courts. he will spend another 15years hanging waiting for the judgement. And they will rule in favor of the university
. I agree with you. A lot of issues are bought together.Is it a complaint on a course? Is it a complaint on the whole calculation? What evidence do you want to tender? If it is a complaint on a course you can call for yiur paper and be ready to face consequences on it. If it is a complaint on a whole result where is your own calculation? It appears there other stories to this matter!

1 Like

Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by ikeasogwa: 9:02am On Feb 22, 2022
Bad card. Flat beer. His informants must have fooled him. He might win his case but with the attached stigma that he fights the authority. He won't be employable if that is what he wants to do with the second class upper result. Misled.
Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by saveus2022: 9:09am On Feb 22, 2022
I had similar issue sha,but mine was corrected after requesting for the result sheet. I was given 3.49 as my cgpa,after doing some follow up,I realise that I was given E in a course instead of C,though it was an error by the typist. when the computed the result with C,I cross to 3.51.
If you are sure, follow up.

3 Likes

Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by bunnae(f): 9:10am On Feb 22, 2022
Walkee:
Which one is "I believe"?
Don't you know your scores in all the courses you did?
Go and calculate you idiot. I knew my exact cgpa immediately they released our final year results. It's very easy to calculate dumb students always say, "they did not give me first class etc" nobody gives you first class, you get first class. Calculate your results and stop being a nuisance
I have the same problem from the same school. We even graduated in the same year. These guys did not even let us see some of our semester results. How do you calculate then?

4 Likes

Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by Nobody: 9:10am On Feb 22, 2022
ejimatic:
. I agree with you. A lot of issues are bought together.Is it a complaint on a course? Is it a comaint on the whole calculation? What evidence do you want to tender? If it is a comaint on a course you can call for yiur paper and be ready to face consequences on it. If it is a complaint on a whole result where is your own calculation? It appears there other stories to this matter!

absolutely

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by Blackdisciple(m): 9:12am On Feb 22, 2022
Hisbah21:

most schools like...?. how many lawsuits are universities into? i know its unfair.. i will only advice him to accept his result and move on

He knows what he has in his CA, if he can take them to court it's good maybe schools in Nigeria will start doing the needful...

Hmmm and that accepting and moving on is what we in Nigeria believes in and is killing us daily...

2 Likes

Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by Blackdisciple(m): 9:16am On Feb 22, 2022
That's good he know his CA and that will be as a prove because it will lead to that...

School in Nigeria feels they are god but when court will use one as an example and pay millions as damages they will state going the needful.

Just use one school as scapegoat the rest will seat up, na one person dey change situation

1 Like

Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by Zorn: 9:28am On Feb 22, 2022
Hisbah21:

by asking him to accept what ever that is thrown at him , how do you want this same scenario not to happen again? I hate that statement . I don't hate you oo please . I just hate the fact that you want men to play god and that in
Justice should continue

2 Likes

Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by EhisChelsea1(m): 9:38am On Feb 22, 2022
Walkee:
Which one is "I believe"?
Don't you know your scores in all the courses you did?
Go and calculate you idiot. I knew my exact cgpa immediately they released our final year results. It's very easy to calculate dumb students always say, "they did not give me first class etc" nobody gives you first class, you get first class. Calculate your results and stop being a nuisance

Your issue na ITK. The guy dragging the school means he knows that the grade the school gave him is different from what he calculated on his own. This thing is very common, especially in state universities.

I was a victim of such porous system. I was on 4.25gpa in 200L. Had excellent grades and was topping my set. Little misunderstanding with a lecturer and he slammed me with 4 E’s in 300L. I wrote to senate for my scripts to be re-marked. Rather than call their colleagues to order, another lecturer called and asked that I withdraw my letter, else, I will have issues with other lecturers in the dept and may not graduate. She said I was still on 4+ so nothing to worry about. So I had no choice than to do as instructed.

During result computing, the same lecturer, reduced my grade from 4+ to 3.75 for reasons best known to him. I wasn’t happy at all. I didn’t even attend our convocation because to me, there was no need. Why should I sit and watch another receive the award that I knew I deserve? During my masters prog, I was able to get hold of my transcript and that was when I saw how this man reduced my marks. Changed my A’s to B’s. Changed the B’s to C... I still have a copy of it. I gave a copy to the lecturer that asked that I withdraw the case to see for herself how wicked her colleague is

So my brother, issue like this plenty for our universities. So allow who get the will and the resources to drag school, do so if he feels school play am wayo

5 Likes

Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by seyz91(m): 9:38am On Feb 22, 2022
cheesy
YinkaOlusesi16:
Nah person wey get money dey follow sch dey drag
Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by seyz91(m): 9:38am On Feb 22, 2022
cheesy
Freestainworld:
Maybe the guy's family is made already, if Na hungry graduate, e go just collect result, Waka
Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by Cantonese: 9:48am On Feb 22, 2022
Where was he from his first semester? Results are usually posted on boards to enable students keep abreast with their GPA and know where they stand before the final computation of results by the universities.

He talked about his 400 level only but the final year alone could not have determined his final result status.

1 Like

Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by Nobody: 9:52am On Feb 22, 2022
Hisbah21:

Because most students whose results were wrongly computed has similar attitude like yours doesn't mean someone else shouldn't make a difference.

2 Likes

Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by Godmercy86(m): 9:52am On Feb 22, 2022
Hisbah21:
no matter how long it take to get justice, at least for the sake of others
Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by Nobody: 9:53am On Feb 22, 2022
Onyiiobi7735:
Only God can help the poor guy in his case with the university. Human help alone will not get him much rewards.If he is truly sure of his claim, he should bring the case before God,and watch how He will turn everything around to his favour.

God may be using him to change the story of others who has been disturbing him with prayers on a similar issue undecided.

2 Likes

Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by Nobody: 9:56am On Feb 22, 2022
dettolgel:
Probably was "carrying shoulder" up in school and boasting among his peers. Shame no gree am collect him 2.2.

My advice to him don't waste your money and time collect it and if he really wants to further he should go for a MSc out the country and strive to make whatever grade he feels he deserves.

He can always turn things around rather than fighting a lost battle.

If our forefathers had your mindset most of the things we are enjoying wouldn't have been possible.

1 Like

Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by winner37(m): 9:56am On Feb 22, 2022
YANDE800:
The guy might be right about his grades because some universities in Nigeria can sell you final grade to someone else and change the grade you initially saw on the board or website.. Corruption is too much in this country.. It's well
what will not happen in this country ? If abba kyari a senior police officer is the fore runner of druge dealer and he is the same person going helter skelter to arrest innocent people... Nigerian educational system had rotten to the extent of decaying. That school might robbed that man of his grade ,i support him in fighting for justice.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by Cantonese: 9:58am On Feb 22, 2022
bunnae:

I have the same problem from the same school. We even graduated in the same year. These guys did not even let us see some of our semester results. How do you calculate then?

If you don't see your results published on the boards, then it shows the weakness of the SUG. It is their responsibility to sort that out with the university authorities.

Most SUGs leaders have become like governors and ministers and more interested in what they get financially.

4 Likes

Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by NobIeKING: 10:14am On Feb 22, 2022
bunnae:

oau?
Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by NobIeKING: 10:18am On Feb 22, 2022
EhisChelsea1:

Your issue na ITK. The guy dragging the school means he knows that the grade the school gave him is different from what he calculated on his own. This thing is very common, especially in state universities.

I was a victim of such porous system. I was on 4.25gpa in 200L. Had excellent grades and was topping my set. Little misunderstanding with a lecturer and he slammed me with 4 E’s in 300L. I wrote to senate for my scripts to be re-marked. Rather than call their colleagues to order, another lecturer called and asked that I withdraw my letter, else, I will have issues with other lecturers in the dept and may not graduate. She said I was still on 4+ so nothing to worry about. So I had no choice than to do as instructed.

During result computing, the same lecturer, reduced my grade from 4+ to 3.75 for reasons best known to him. I wasn’t happy at all. I didn’t even attend our convocation because to me, there was no need. Why should I sit and watch another receive the award that I knew I deserve? During my masters prog, I was able to get hold of my transcript and that was when I saw how this man reduced my marks. Changed my A’s to B’s. Changed the B’s to C... I still have a copy of it. I gave a copy to the lecturer that asked that I withdraw the case to see for herself how wicked her colleague is

So my brother, issue like this plenty for our universities. So allow who get the will and the resources to drag school, do so if he feels school play am wayo
good for you

3 Likes

Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by irunoko(m): 10:22am On Feb 22, 2022
Hisbah21:
that's after his mates have finished using their certificate to either pursue a career or dumped their certificate to pursue a buisnness and they have all settled their lives and family

Village people at work . I'm not sure he has a mother or Older sibling who will tell him the truth

While investigation is going on and ASUU goes on strike, wetin he wan do? cheesy

Who he wan go meet! grin

Employing lawless lawyers where there's no certainty of justice when you don't have a steady source of income to sustain the case.abi he no see anyone to tell am say justice dey expensive for nigeria

For starters how many professors he wan follow fight? Exams and records people Nko? grin

We're still talking about ASUU, what if nasu goes on strike? cheesy

Werey alasho.make he no collect him certificate Jeje and move on with his life grin
Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by irunoko(m): 10:24am On Feb 22, 2022
Loewe:

Not necessarily. Most times, schools do not like their name being dragged on social media, that alone would trigger them to act on the issue.

Nobody deserves to suffer for an institution's mistake. Public universities always expect students to accept whatever they throw at them, that's pretty unfair...
yinmu.
Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by irunoko(m): 10:24am On Feb 22, 2022
Loewe:

Not necessarily. Most times, schools do not like their name being dragged on social media, that alone would trigger them to act on the issue.

Nobody deserves to suffer for an institution's mistake. Public universities always expect students to accept whatever they throw at them, that's pretty unfair...
yinmu. grin

If they minute the lecturers for each of the courses to submit the answer scripts however some of the lecturers have either retired or resigned and travelled out or he's even late wetin he wan do?

Nigerian universities are another institution of corruption on its own.there are so many factors against him.hes fighting a lost battle.by the way shey he get sustainable money for SAN? Abi Na ekuke lawyer wey he go employ? University wey be say them get professor lawyers and are friends to some of the SANS.orisirisi cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ambrose Alli University Students Protest Hike In Fees, Storm Oba's Palace (Pics) / Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition / What's The Funniest Reason You Got Kicked Out Of Class?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.