Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,962 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:08 AM

Ghana: Robbers Tell Passengers To Pray For Them After A Robbery - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ghana: Robbers Tell Passengers To Pray For Them After A Robbery (14980 Views)

"Go & Work Harder" - Ghanaian Armed Robbers Tell Victims After Beating Them / 9-Month Pregnant Woman Who Led A Robbery Gang Arrested In Edo / Graphic Designer Left To Die After Being Stabbed During A Robbery Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghana: Robbers Tell Passengers To Pray For Them After A Robbery by ebukajay184: 4:51am On Feb 22, 2022
Five armed robbers wearing masks attacked a bus carrying over 40 passengers, IgbereTV reports.

The VIP bus, with registration number GT 5795-16, was transporting passengers from Takoradi in the Western Region to Kumasi in the Ashanti Region of Ghana, when they were attacked by armed robbers.

Ekua, a passenger on the bus, said the bus left the Abenbebon Station at Apremdo, Takoradi at around 10:30 pm on Sunday, Feb. 20.

Hours later, they were attacked.

"At around 3:30 am on Monday, February 21, 2022, about five armed robbers with rifles and other weapons attacked us and made away with our monies and other belongings. All of them were wearing masks," the passenger narrated.

She added that the armed robbers, after the robbery, asked them to remember them in prayers.

She said: "After the robbery, they asked us to pray for them because it was not their will to stop vehicles on the highway and rob passengers of their belongings but the system has compelled them to do so."

Another young man said the armed robbers took away his bag containing an amount of GH¢8,500.

"I’m a driver and I was going to buy an engine for my vehicle in Kumasi. My Mobile Money phone was last week stolen by another set of armed robbers at Kintampo so I decided to carry the money in my bag but unfortunately, I have been robbed again," he told 3news.

The driver of the vehicle, Agya Owusu, disclosed that there was nothing he could have done to save the situation.

He said: "When I got to Fomena, I saw a driver alerting me with his light that there was danger on the road. I became confused and stopped the vehicle for about five minutes. I realised no vehicle was coming again so I decided to continue my journey.

"When I moved forward for some minutes, I saw a Sprinter bus on the road with passengers lying on the ground. This is where I realised armed robbers were on the road. There was nothing I could do again because they were very close. They attacked us and took all our monies. They took my GH¢3,400."

https://www.instagram.com/p/CaPp-JwNP1t/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ghana: Robbers Tell Passengers To Pray For Them After A Robbery by dasparrow: 4:56am On Feb 22, 2022
Wahala be like bicycle. Problems everywhere. May God replenish what the robbers stole from the passengers.

15 Likes

Re: Ghana: Robbers Tell Passengers To Pray For Them After A Robbery by Ever8090: 5:03am On Feb 22, 2022
I am not understanding the driver of the vehicle,..a driver gave you sign that there is danger ahead, you waited for 5 minutes, didn't see any vehicle coming from that direction then you decided to move ahead to confront the danger?...na so Ghana people no get sense!!?

151 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ghana: Robbers Tell Passengers To Pray For Them After A Robbery by Freestainworld(m): 5:05am On Feb 22, 2022
Make una pray for them so that if God no arrest them, police will do it.

6 Likes

Re: Ghana: Robbers Tell Passengers To Pray For Them After A Robbery by YinkaOlusesi16(m): 5:08am On Feb 22, 2022
Sometimes i do think it`s only nigeria that we had problems.

3 Likes

Re: Ghana: Robbers Tell Passengers To Pray For Them After A Robbery by jeffizy(m): 5:17am On Feb 22, 2022
He said: "When I got to Fomena, I saw a driver alerting me with his light that there was danger on the road. I became confused and stopped the vehicle for about five minutes. I realised no vehicle was coming again so I decided to continue my journey.

The driver's middle name is "Don- dur- nur- mu"

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ghana: Robbers Tell Passengers To Pray For Them After A Robbery by thesicilian: 5:26am On Feb 22, 2022
Some of these drivers may be part of the robbery gangs.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana: Robbers Tell Passengers To Pray For Them After A Robbery by Kharol1234: 6:14am On Feb 22, 2022
The driver jonze

3 Likes

Re: Ghana: Robbers Tell Passengers To Pray For Them After A Robbery by sweetonugbu: 6:18am On Feb 22, 2022
Driver= brother we mumu

3 Likes

Re: Ghana: Robbers Tell Passengers To Pray For Them After A Robbery by donbachi(m): 6:25am On Feb 22, 2022
For GOD's mercy.
I no understand
Re: Ghana: Robbers Tell Passengers To Pray For Them After A Robbery by phorget(m): 6:36am On Feb 22, 2022
Ghana own is still better o, we that we are facing kidnappers nko. Ghanaians should give us their robbers and come and carry our own kidnappers o.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana: Robbers Tell Passengers To Pray For Them After A Robbery by Omniman(m): 7:21am On Feb 22, 2022
shocked
The Charley bus driver Don mumu...
Na him first time wey e go encounter highway robbers...

I remember when people use to say night journey is sweeter than day journey. grin

8 Likes

Re: Ghana: Robbers Tell Passengers To Pray For Them After A Robbery by tillaman(m): 7:21am On Feb 22, 2022
shocked
Re: Ghana: Robbers Tell Passengers To Pray For Them After A Robbery by Caseless: 7:21am On Feb 22, 2022
grin

Spiritual robbers who understands the kingdom of God suffereth violence and only the violent taketh it by force.
Re: Ghana: Robbers Tell Passengers To Pray For Them After A Robbery by Golan007: 7:23am On Feb 22, 2022
Chali, remembe me in prayers o.

1 Like

Re: Ghana: Robbers Tell Passengers To Pray For Them After A Robbery by Triangles1(m): 7:24am On Feb 22, 2022
You shall reap what you sow in double forget about prayer.

1 Like

Re: Ghana: Robbers Tell Passengers To Pray For Them After A Robbery by Caseless: 7:26am On Feb 22, 2022
phorget:
Ghana own is still better o, we that we are facing kidnappers nko. Ghanaians should give us their robbers and come and carry our own kidnappers o.
How are we sure there are no kidnappers over there?

1 Like

Re: Ghana: Robbers Tell Passengers To Pray For Them After A Robbery by africandollar: 7:27am On Feb 22, 2022
Naija robbers don invade Ghana after herdsmen/kidnappers don spoil business for them here. grin

1 Like

Re: Ghana: Robbers Tell Passengers To Pray For Them After A Robbery by Ekpekus(m): 7:27am On Feb 22, 2022
Ever8090:
I am not understanding the driver of the vehicle, a driver have you sign that there is danger ahead, you waited for 5 minutes, didn't see any vehicle coming from that direction then you decided to move ahead to confront the danger?...na so Ghana people no get sense!!?
The matter just tire me... The passengers should have insisted that the driver chill until traffic starts coming from the other direction

2 Likes

Re: Ghana: Robbers Tell Passengers To Pray For Them After A Robbery by jojo1415: 7:28am On Feb 22, 2022
That driver is daft(odé).....someone alerted u and u stil continued to ur doom,that's why they r jealous of Nigerians because they r wise grin

3 Likes

Re: Ghana: Robbers Tell Passengers To Pray For Them After A Robbery by sinkhole: 7:38am On Feb 22, 2022
Ever8090:
I am not understanding the driver of the vehicle, a driver have you sign that there is danger ahead, you waited for 5 minutes, didn't see any vehicle coming from that direction then you decided to move ahead to confront the danger?...na so Ghana people no get sense!!?
I was just shaking my head reading the story!
In Nigeria, merely not seen vehicles coming in opposite direction is enough to tell you there is danger ahead, now somebody warned you, but you still dey go like "mumu"! The passengers also sit-down dey look like Dundees till the driver handed them over to the robbers, "o ga o"!

9 Likes

Re: Ghana: Robbers Tell Passengers To Pray For Them After A Robbery by Nobody: 7:43am On Feb 22, 2022
Shey the passengers were sleeping, why allow the driver keep on going, they lost their belongings but the driver might not have lose anything, he has his bus to continue business
Re: Ghana: Robbers Tell Passengers To Pray For Them After A Robbery by zealousayo(m): 7:47am On Feb 22, 2022
The driver sef... Make I no talk.
Re: Ghana: Robbers Tell Passengers To Pray For Them After A Robbery by wifeesnatcher(m): 7:57am On Feb 22, 2022
Ever8090:

the driver is part of them, they informed you of the danger ahead, you saw a passenger bus with passengers lying on the floor, so there is nothing you could do?

if you talk that nonsense in Nigeria station, you go enter cell for days until you confessed wetin u no do sef

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

22-Year-Old Man Who Defiled A Primary 4 Pupil In Ogun State Arrested / DJ Tee Stabs 19yrs Old Alvin Osungade : Upcoming Artiste(GRAPHIC PIX!. ) / Missing Girl Olamide Adeyooye found dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.