Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,969 members, 7,835,228 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal (23473 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse / Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' / Why David Ibiyeomie Deserves More Than A Private Jet (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by RepoMan007: 10:04pm On Feb 24, 2022
Fredmatic:

You talk like someone who does not reason on his own. If the church want chair and all the things you mention, then they should properly call it and label it so simple, and see if people won't donate in large numbers.
But threatening, cursing and criminalizing people in the name of not paying tithe, that is what people won't take, now that many have kn the Truth.
I don't see the need to list all those things separately. They fall into two broad categories of things that cover the church material need and thing that cover the pastorate's need. Remember, some pastors have been forbidden to work outside the church or own profitable businesses. That's God's design.

1 Like

Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by Fredmatic(m): 11:47pm On Feb 24, 2022
RepoMan007:

I don't see the need to list all those things separately. They fall into two broad categories of things that cover the church material need and thing that cover the pastorate's need. Remember, some pastors have been forbidden to work outside the church or own profitable businesses. That's God's design.

That is their own call they choose to serve and obey in that way. They have right to feed from from church purse according to 1 Timothy 5:18 which Paul also emphasis a preacher is entitled to but for him, he prefer to work with his hand and feed himself don't want to be anyone burden.

Again like I said church can set aside portion of money from offering or any donations, to Carter for them monthly or raise a special offer for that, also special offering for anything church building, chairs, etc.. which some Churches do and there is no problem with that.

So the issue now is, you can't because your need money as a pastor or to feed pastor under you then deceived people by scriptures that suit you concerning tithing just for you to have money, and even threatened people.that is really wrong , if you want to preach the tithe then preach the entire truth about it, so that your argument does not hold water.

The big let says only the Truth can set your free, so why don't they preach the entire truth to you?
In conclusion Christian are not required to pay tithe because his death and resuration put and end to the mosiac law. So you are to give cheerfully or willingly from your heart any amount maybe 10% ,20%, 30%, etc, just like the people in book of act where they sold their land and brought the money to church to be distributed to everyone according to there needs,

However, if u still chooses to continue to paying tithe then is your choice to make, and those who pay should not threaten or condemned those who don't be you as a pastor or member, and there is no curse anywhere bcus Christ has taken the curse of the law. More importantly you must also obey the other aspects of tithe payment Due 14: 22-29 and not just the Malachi they preach to you only. I

f you choose to ignore this detail explanations and others have painstakingly explain all this, in this forum because I am not your pastor or G.O , then I sorry for you I don't have more word for you again

2 Likes

Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by RepoMan007: 11:54pm On Feb 24, 2022
Fredmatic:

That is their own call they choose to serve and obey in that way. They have right to feed from from church purse according to 1 Timothy 5:18 which Paul also emphasis a preacher is entitled to but for him, he prefer to work with his hand and feed himself don't want to be anyone burden.

Again like I said church can set aside portion of money from offering or any donations, to Carter for them monthly or raise a special offer for that, also special offering for anything church building, chairs, etc.. which some Churches do and there is no problem with that.

So the issue now is, you can't because your need money as a pastor or to feed pastor under you then deceived people by scriptures that suit you concerning tithing just for you to have money, and even threatened people.that is really wrong , if you want to preach the tithe then preach the entire truth about it, so that your argument does not hold water.

The big let says only the Truth can set your free, so why don't they preach the entire truth to you?
In conclusion Christian are not required to pay tithe because his death and resuration put and end to the mosiac law. So you are to give cheerfully or willingly from your heart any amount maybe 10% ,20%, 30%, etc, just like the people in book of act where they sold their land and brought the money to church to be distributed to everyone according to there needs,

However, if u still chooses to continue to paying tithe then is your choice to make, and those who pay should not threaten or condemned those who don't be you as a pastor or member, and there is no curse anywhere bcus Christ has taken the curse of the law. More importantly you must also obey the other aspects of tithe payment Due 14: 22-29 and not just the Malachi they preach to you only. I

f you choose to ignore this detail explanations and others have painstakingly explain all this, in this forum because I am not your pastor or G.O , then I sorry for you I don't have more word for you again
You assertions are very wrong. Tithing was introduced before the mosaic law when Abraham encountered Melchizedek. I think it was over 400 years before the mosaic laws. Why raise special offering for specific needs when you canbdo that as ordered by God? It feel repetitive and redundant to me.

Your closing paragraph is unneeded in my opinion. Explanations can be wrong so don't try to shove one down my throat by force or blackmail of not being my GO. My GO could have an account on Nairaland and be you but you comment indicates you probably don't have a church.

1 Like

Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by chiefobdk2: 7:41am On Feb 25, 2022
petra1:

Abram Paid tithe to Melchizedek . So Was melchizedek Levi? .

was Abraham a Christian? Abraham's gift to Melchizedek was a voluntary act not coerced by anyone or any law..

the tithe law of the old testament is in Leviticus way after Abraham and Jacob. yes jacob offered to give God 10 percent if God will keep blessing him at Bethel...

2 Likes

Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by petra1(m): 12:34pm On Feb 25, 2022
chiefobdk2:

was Abraham a Christian? Abraham's gift to Melchizedek was a voluntary act not coerced by anyone or any law..

Who's talking about coercion? We are talking about principle. How the principle is carried out is individual business either by: inspiring, teaching, admonishing, coercing. Bullying threatening.

the tithe law of the old testament is in Leviticus way after Abraham and Jacob. yes jacob offered to give God 10 percent if God will keep blessing him at Bethel...

1 Like

Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by Fredmatic(m): 12:56pm On Feb 25, 2022
RepoMan007:
You assertions are very wrong. Tithing was introduced before the mosaic law when Abraham encountered Melchizedek. I think it was over 400 years before the mosaic laws. Why raise special offering for specific needs when you canbdo that as ordered by God? It feel repetitive and redundant to me.

Your closing paragraph is unneeded in my opinion. Explanations can be wrong so don't try to shove one down my throat by force or blackmail of not being my GO. My GO could av an account on Nairaland and be you but you comment indicates you probably don't have a church.

Is like you didn't read your comment or my reply properly. You complain the church use the tithe money to pay pastors and also for church materials needs, then I said if that is the case let them raise an offering for that and label it properly. Not deceiving people to obtain money through tithing . It should stop that is the point.

You don't want to give up, u have shafted goal post to Abraham tithing before the law. So tell me how many times Abraham did that all through the bible? Did he pay the tithe from his produce or work of his hand or spoil of war? God bless him bcus he obey and believe him and not bcus once payment of tithe from spoil of war to mechizedek. He was rich in cattle, sheep servant etc before the went to that war. In other words he did it willing and feeling even though it happen to be 10% . So if we should go by that then let people do it willingly with out the law too and no one should call people criminal or rubber s. But if u still insist will follow Abraham way then we must pay once and from goods will collect from people or enemies.

For the last paragraph, I said it that way bcus u have no defence again and you just to hold on to argument, but if it were your pastor in chiurch you won't raise your voice. I am not treating you , reason with your head , that is what I mean.
Lastly read whole[b] Act chapter 15[/b] repeatedly using new living transaction bible to get it clearer if gentiles or Christians are to obey these laws or not.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by Henryjr(m): 4:17pm On Feb 25, 2022
na wao
Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by Moblux(m): 4:57pm On Feb 25, 2022
OkCornel:

Buhahahaha.

So the goalpost has shifted from Malachi being addressed to nation of Israel to worshipers of God?

Oya na… Job was not an Israelite, nor among the ancestral lineage of Israel. Can you show us biblical and historical evidences of Job tithing? Remember, Job is a worshipper of God too o.

Can you also show us examples of gentile believers in the new covenant that tithed?

Your attempt to dodge this question by asking if salvation is mandatory for gentiles is laughable. Abeg, what is the connection between tithing and salvation Oga Petra?

Acts 15 & Deuteronomy 14 v 22-29 is the final mail on the coffin for tithe mongers.

1. Tithe was never an obligation for the gentile believers to obey.

2. God specifically requested what should be tithed, and it was never money. Unless y’all want to rewrite the scriptures to include that one.

On point

1 Like

Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by Coalhill23(m): 9:43pm On Feb 26, 2022
anonimi:

Maybe entitlement is from tithes: en-tit-lement

If you had said this words to my face, I would have landed you a dirty slap.
Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by Coalhill23(m): 10:00pm On Feb 26, 2022
anonimi:

Maybe entitlement is from tithes: en-tit-lement

I would have bleeped you properly if you have said this shit to my face. Who ever is your source, tell him that I'm prepared for their foolishness. Try am with me, anywhere you meet me, you go collect am from me...
Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by softtouch2(m): 8:31am On Mar 03, 2022
Only those receiving tithes are the ones getting angry and cursing all over the media, it is not about love for God, it is about personal gains.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by dogmart(m): 7:44am On Mar 05, 2022
RepoMan007:

God's design? grin
According to who?
Let me ask u a simple question. The early Christians (the apostles) when they needed fund for the ministry, how was it recorded they got the funds? By recieving tithes?
Was it not recorded that each gave freely ?

You are all know the truth but chose to ignore it for your own personal greed.

Continue! the heaven will be a place of many surprises.
Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by dogmart(m): 8:00am On Mar 05, 2022
petra1:

Abram Paid tithe to Melchizedek . So Was melchizedek Levi? .

And what did Melchizedek do with the tithe?
Buy chairs for the "temple"? grin

You lots will keep concorting various believes to justify ur greed.
Tithe was instrumented by God for the Levites. That is what is clearly written in the bible. Before then there was no mention of it. Yes Abraham gave a part of the recovered loot to Melchizedek, but where else was it mentioned in the history of Abram, Jacob or Isaac that they tithed?
And these were farmers o.
Please dig it out and post it for us to see. We have records that Isaac sowed in the land and reaped multiple folds. Where was it recorded that he tithed?
What would the tithe had been for?
For God? grin maybe God needs money.
You lots are just clowns

Read ur bible and stop all these heresies.

1 Like

Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by dogmart(m): 8:09am On Mar 05, 2022
DWJOBScom:

Well some of us pay tithes to churches we may never visit. I pay my tithe to a church in ilorin after seeing on facebook they don't have pews and will definitely have members with needs. I have been stranded once without money very late at night on a busy road and all my driver and I had was less than N400 without a bank in sight. A church took care of us without questions and got a mechanic for us of course they fed us too. The Church needs your money

Yes the church needs money. That is not false. But enforcing that money collection through tithe collection is the problem. The early church needed money too, how did they get it?

By collecting tithe?

Please go and read ur bible well.

If you all are not ready to do as Christ did or as the apostles who laid down the foundations of Christianity did, then you have no right quoting other parts of their acts. Cus u clearly aren't interested in being a follower of Christ, but a follower of the LAW. Your practice isn't Christianity but Judaism
Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by petra1(m): 10:04am On Mar 05, 2022
dogmart:

And what did Melchizedek do with the tithe?
Buy chairs for the "temple"? grin

That's not the point. Was melchizedek a Levite?. If he's not then it's heretic to say only levites receive tithes

You lots will keep concorting various believes to justify ur greed.

Wrong ! We give tithes . It's rather yiu tithe eaters that are greedy and using concoction of truth to cushion your conscience

Tithe was instrumented by God for the Levites. That is what is clearly written in the bible. Before then there was no mention of it.

Was Melchizedek a levite?

Yes Abraham gave a part of the recovered loot to Melchizedek

You're correct and that part he gave was tithe of the lot.

, but where else was it mentioned in the history of Abram, Jacob or Isaac that they tithed?

Tithing started under Abrahamic covenant. And God testified that Abraham will teach his family the way of God

Genesis 18:19
For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him. . .

Jacob or Isaac that they tithed?

Yes they did. Abraham taught Isaac ,Isaac taught Jacob.

Genesis 28:2
. . and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee

And these were farmers o.

Tithes is for every worshiper of God

You lots are just clowns

You are a kilimanjaro..
. . . Sorry. . Dongoyaro.

1 Like

Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by dogmart(m): 11:32am On Mar 05, 2022
petra1:

That's not the point. Was melchizedek a Levite?. If he's not then it's heretic to say only levites receive tithes

Wrong ! We give tithes . It's rather yiu tithe eaters that are greedy and using concoction of truth to cushion your conscience

Was Melchizedek a levite?

You're correct and that part he gave was tithe of the lot.

Tithing started under Abrahamic covenant. And God testified that Abraham will teach his family the way of God

Genesis 18:19
For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him. . .

Yes they did. Abraham taught Isaac ,Isaac taught Jacob.

Genesis 28:2
. . and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee

Tithes is for every worshiper of God

You are a kilimanjaro..
. . . Sorry. . Dongoyaro.

Lol.
Let's take it one after the other , Yes Abraham taught his children in the way of the Lord even though there was no record of either Isaac of Jacob tithing. But of course they made animal sacrifices and built alters where these sacrifices were made.
So Mr, let me advice u. Since u are "hell" bent on following Abraham teachings and not Christ teachings, why not start buying sheeps and goats and start ur animal sacrifices?

Or oh! That Is old testament? It doesn't apply to Christianity?
grin
Keep decieving urselves.

Do u see that u didn't answer my question regarding why there was No mention of tithing by Christ or any of the apostles who were the foundation of Christianity.

So you all decide to pick the part that you are comfortable with among the deeds in the old testament and you justify it with "The holy spirit" grin grin

I pity the slaves under your enforced law.

I am a Christian and I am a student of the word. I enjoin you to equally learn and decide for yourself whether you want to practice Christianity or Judaism.

Cus there is no where Tithing is ever made mentioned in Christianity, until u so called "Men of God" saw something Paul did not see. And didn't deem important to write about in all his letters to the early churches.

Who is decieving who?
Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by dogmart(m): 11:44am On Mar 05, 2022
The Bible is a record of 2 religions; Judaism and Christianity.

Christ's teachings and that of the apostles are clearly the foundation on which Christianity is built.
Before you go hammering one dortrines or law on your head as Christians, seek the Bible
And know for yourselves if they are man-made laws or God ordained laws.

Christ law about giving were very detailed. The scriptures perfectly recorded how the early churches raised funds among themselves. Not once did they put themselves in the "law of tithing" so why did today's christians see it important to go centuries back to uproot a mosaic law ?

Well, you all can decide to do whatsoever you please, afterall it is your life.

You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.

1 Like

Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by petra1(m): 6:38pm On Mar 05, 2022
dogmart:

Lol.
Let's take it one after the other , Yes Abraham taught his children in the way of the Lord even though there was no record of either Isaac of Jacob tithing.

Jacob tithed and he must have learned it from.isaac

But of course they made animal sacrifices and built alters where these sacrifices were made.
So Mr, let me advice u. Since u are "hell" bent on following Abraham teachings and not Christ teachings, why not start buying sheeps and goats and start ur animal sacrifices?.Or oh! That Is old testament? It doesn't apply to Christianity?
grin

Was Abaraham tithe to Melchizedek by animal sacrifices?. Tithe is given of all things. It's a matter of choice

Keep decieving urselves.

Back to semder

Do u see that u didn't answer my question regarding why there was No mention of tithing by Christ or any of the apostles who were the foundation of Christianity.

You didn't ask me. Christ taught on tithing . Paul taught on tithing

So you all decide to pick the part that is comfortable with among their deeds and pick the ones you are comfortable with among he deeds in the old testament and you justify it with "The holy spirit" grin

That only describe you guys. Tithes and offerings are eternal principles. You chose offerings that is convenient and dodge the tithes

Malachi 3:8
Wherein have we robbed thee?
In tithes and offerings

I pity the slaves under your enforced law.
The slaves to greed are tithe eaters

decide for yourself whether you want to practice Christianity or Judaism.

Was Abraham Jaxob and Isaac practicing Judaism. That apart. So when you give offering its not Judaism but when you give tithes its Judaism. You do well . Continue . ..

Cus there is no where Tithing is ever made mentioned in Christianity, until u so called "Men of God" saw something Paul did not see. And didn't deem important to write about in all his letters to the early churches.
Who is decieving who?

Paul taught on tithing
Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by dogmart(m): 8:26pm On Mar 05, 2022
petra1:

Jacob tithed and he must have learned it from.isaac

Was Abaraham tithe to Melchizedek by animal sacrifices?. Tithe is given of all things. It's a matter of choice

Back to semder

You didn't ask me. Christ taught on tithing . Paul taught on tithing

That only describe you guys. Tithes and offerings are eternal principles. You chose offerings that is convenient and dodge the tithes

Malachi 3:8
Wherein have we robbed thee?
In tithes and offerings

The slaves to greed are tithe eaters

Was Abraham Jaxob and Isaac practicing Judaism. That apart. So when you give offering its not Judaism but when you give tithes its Judaism. You do well . Continue . ..

Paul taught on tithing

Paul taught on Tithing shocked
Jesus taught on tithing? Do u classify his address to the Pharisees in Matt 23:23 as an admonision to pay tithe or that was a teaching on tithing? grin

Please kindly direct us to where Jesus instructed us to pay tithe and where Paul instructed the church to pay tithe.
It will be well appreciated. Equally provide where it was recorded that Paul and the early church paid tithe. or they didn't need money? cheesy

Failure to provide the passage will only mean you clearly don't know what u are talking about.

We are waiting sir

1 Like

Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by OkCornel(m): 9:49pm On Mar 05, 2022
dogmart:

Paul taught on Tithing shocked
Jesus taught on tithing? Do u classify his address to the Pharisees in Matt 23:23 as an admonision to pay tithe or that was a teaching on tithing? grin

Please kindly direct us to where Jesus instructed us to pay tithe and where Paul instructed the church to pay tithe.
It will be well appreciated. Equally provide where it was recorded that Paul and the early church paid tithe. or they didn't need money? cheesy

Failure to provide the passage will only mean you clearly don't know what u are talking about.

We are waiting sir

You will never hear these people preach from scriptures like this as it doesn’t suit their money grabbing narrative;

2 Thessalonians 3 v 6-12;

6 In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we command you, brothers and sisters, to keep away from every believer who is idle and disruptive and does not live according to the teaching you received from us.

7 For you yourselves know how you ought to follow our example. We were not idle when we were with you,

8 nor did we eat anyone’s food without paying for it. On the contrary, we worked night and day, laboring and toiling so that we would not be a burden to any of you.

9 We did this, not because we do not have the right to such help, but in order to offer ourselves as a model for you to imitate.

10 For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: “The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat.”

11 We hear that some among you are idle and disruptive. They are not busy; they are busybodies.

12 Such people we command and urge in the Lord Jesus Christ to settle down and earn the food they eat.

1 Like

Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by petra1(m): 10:11pm On Mar 05, 2022
dogmart:

We are waiting sir

Matthew 23:23 TLB
. . .You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things.

Compare the 2 verses below

Numbers 18:21-25
21 And, behold, I have given the Levites all the tithes in Israel for an inheritance in return for their service which they serve, the [menial] service of the Tent of Meeting.

1 Corinthians 9:13-14
Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.
Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by dogmart(m): 10:13pm On Mar 05, 2022
OkCornel:

You will never hear these people preach from scriptures like this as it doesn’t suit their money grabbing narrative;

2 Thessalonians 3 v 6-12;

6 In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we command you, brothers and sisters, to keep away from every believer who is idle and disruptive and does not live according to the teaching you received from us.

7 For you yourselves know how you ought to follow our example. We were not idle when we were with you,

8 nor did we eat anyone’s food without paying for it. On the contrary, we worked night and day, laboring and toiling so that we would not be a burden to any of you.

9 We did this, not because we do not have the right to such help, but in order to offer ourselves as a model for you to imitate.

10 For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: “The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat.”

11 We hear that some among you are idle and disruptive. They are not busy; they are busybodies.

12 Such people we command and urge in the Lord Jesus Christ to settle down and earn the food they eat.

Ha! They will NEVER preach this one o.grin
it is clearly one of the "forgotten" scriptures of today's Pentecostal churches.

Earn the food you eat! Simple
May God help us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by OkCornel(m): 10:19pm On Mar 05, 2022
petra1:

21 And, behold, I have given the Levites all the tithes in Israel for an inheritance in return for their service which they serve, the [menial] service of the Tent of Meeting.

Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.

Please can you explain 2 Thessalonians 3 v 6-12 and also this verse as well;

Hebrews 13 v 10;
10 We have an altar from which those who minister at the tabernacle have no right to eat.

Are you also in anyway implying Pastors have replaced the Levites or what?
Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by OkCornel(m): 10:22pm On Mar 05, 2022
petra1:

Don’t stop at 1 Corinthians 9 v 14. Please paste 1 Corinthians 9 v 15 so everyone can get the full picture too;

15 But I have not used any of these rights. And I am not writing this in the hope that you will do such things for me, for I would rather die than allow anyone to deprive me of this boast.

Juxtapose that with 2 Thessalonians 3 v 6-12.
Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by dogmart(m): 11:18pm On Mar 05, 2022
OkCornel:

Don’t stop at 1 Corinthians 9 v 14. Please paste 1 Corinthians 9 v 15 so everyone can get the full picture too;

15 But I have not used any of these rights. And I am not writing this in the hope that you will do such things for me, for I would rather die than allow anyone to deprive me of this boast.

Juxtapose that with 2 Thessalonians 3 v 6-12.

Thank you very much. I see how well people tend to quote only parts that suit them in order to prove their points.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by dogmart(m): 11:36pm On Mar 05, 2022
petra1:

Once again you have been unable to pinpoint a record of tithe giving by the early Christians or early church from the bible. That says
A whole lot. Since for a fact the only record we have which was clearly spelt out was free giving by brethrens.

Yes, elders who preach as well as the needy in the church need be taken care of, but it was clearly from offerings which were voluntarily given by brethrens and not by any form of enforced tithings.
Now let me ask you, do u think Paul forgot to enforce tithing? Or they didn't need the money?

With that said let me quickly talk about Matt 23: 23
Please Whenever u want to quote a bible verse, endevour to avoid quoting only the portion that suits u.

Matt:23: 23
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.”

This was Christ rebuking the Pharisees for putting emphasis on tithing and neglecting the important things.

That Wasn't saying tithing is for the Christian so don't get it twisted

1 Like 1 Share

Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by dogmart(m): 11:53pm On Mar 05, 2022
For the essence of this talk let us take time to study 2Cor chapters 8 and 9.

2 Corinthians 9
(New International Version)
1 There is no need for me to write to you about this service to the Lord’s people.
2 For I know your eagerness to help, and I have been boasting about it to the Macedonians, telling them that since last year you in Achaiawere ready to give; and your enthusiasm has stirred most of them to action.

3 But I am sending the brothers in order that our boasting about you in this matter should not prove hollow, but that you may be ready, as I said you would be.
4 For if any Macedonians come with me and find you unprepared, we—not to say anything about you—would be ashamed of having been so confident.
5 So I thought it necessary to urge the brothers to visit you in advance and finish the arrangements for the generous gift you had promised. Then it will be ready as a generous gift, not as one grudgingly given.

Generosity Encouraged
6 Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously.
7 Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
8 And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need,(S) you will abound in every good work.
9 As it is written:

“They have freely scattered their gifts to the poor;
their righteousness endures forever.”

10 Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness.
11 You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.

12 This service that you perform is not only supplying the needs of the Lord’s people but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God.
13 Because of the service by which you have proved yourselves, others will praise God for the obedience that accompanies your confession of the gospel of Christ, and for your generosity in sharing with them and with everyone else.
14 And in their prayers for you their hearts will go out to you, because of the surpassing grace God has given you. 15 Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!

Emphasis on verse 7. Give voluntarily without compulsion for God loves a cheerful giver
God bless you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by petra1(m): 6:00am On Mar 06, 2022
[quote author=dogmart post=110784418]
Once again you have been unable to pinpoint a record of tithe giving by the early Christians or early church from the bible. That says
A whole lot. Since for a fact the only record we have which was clearly spelt out was free giving by brethrens.

Yes, elders who preach as well as the needy in the church need be taken care of, but it was clearly from offerings which were voluntarily given by brethrens and not by any form of enforced tithings.
Now let me ask you, do u think Paul forgot to enforce tithing? Or they didn't need the money? [/quotes]

Tithes and offerings are both principles in God's kingdom. You can't pick one and leave the other .

With that said let me quickly talk about Matt 23: 23
Please Whenever u want to quote a bible verse, endevour to avoid quoting only the portion that suits u.

It's for emphasis

Matt:23: 23
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.”

This was Christ rebuking the Pharisees for putting emphasis on tithing and neglecting the important things

Was tithing only for pharisees? Tithing is for all. Jesus says to tithe.

That Wasn't saying tithing is for the Christian so don't get it twisted

Neither did he say christuians should abstain from tithing. Can you give a scripture where God condemn or put an end to tithing
Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by OkCornel(m): 7:16am On Mar 06, 2022
[quote author=petra1 post=110786795][/quote]

You said tithing is for all?

Did God put any obligation whatsoever on gentile believers (especially those resident outside of Israel) to tithe either in the old or New Testament?

Did the likes of Job (a gentile believer in the Old Testament) tithe?

Another poser for you. Did the Israelites tithe when they were held in captivity outside of the promised land?
Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by dogmart(m): 7:34am On Mar 06, 2022
[quote author=petra1 post=110786795][/quote]

If you say we can't pick one and not pick the other, tell that to Paul, and to all the apostles and founding members of Christianity.
Am sure you know more than them undecided

Are we not followers of christ? Disciples following his acts and following the teachings and acts of the apostles?
Are we not propagating the word and build the church according to the dictate of the christians who were visibly and without doubt led by the holy Spirit.

It is so clear that u and fellow so called Pentecostals by ur own greed have made dortrines which were never intended for the church, and you are enforcing it crookedly and wickedly even enforcing it with curses and insults. What a generation!

God will judge.

1 Like

Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by petra1(m): 12:02pm On Mar 06, 2022
Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by petra1(m): 4:54pm On Mar 06, 2022
OkCornel:

You said tithing is for all?

Did God put any obligation whatsoever on gentile believers (especially those resident outside of Israel) to tithe either in the old or New Testament?

I don't know . You tell us.

Did the likes of Job (a gentile believer in the Old Testament) tithe?

I don't know.

Another poser for you. Did the Israelites tithe when they were held in captivity outside of the promised land?

They didn't . It's the reason God brought them out so they could worship him in tithes and offerings.

Exodus 9:1
​ Then the LORD said unto Moses, Go in unto Pharaoh, and tell him, Thus saith the LORD God of the Hebrews, Let my people go, that they may serve me

When they came out of Egypt God restored the system of worship and tithes and offerings resumed again .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

The Kalām Cosmological Argument / Anti-christian And Anti-religious Memes!!! / Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates His 56th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.