Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,935 members, 7,835,116 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal (23471 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse / Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' / Why David Ibiyeomie Deserves More Than A Private Jet (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by Peterosky(m): 7:20am On Feb 23, 2022
alabo1:

Religion is the opium of the masses as Marx said. We are arguably the most religious country on earth. How far today with all the prayers and tithing
Rubbish
.I tire ooo
Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:48am On Feb 23, 2022
What most people failed to comprehend is the fact that each of these men are talking about their own god but since those reading their comments can't discern this they thought such men are addressing them.
Of course Mr David Ibiyeomie is talking to his own congregants not everyone in the society.
So if any member of his Church failed to pay his or her tithe sure such a member is a criminal for deliberate disobedience towards what they've all agreed upon.
But if you don't want to continue being a criminal then you must leave that place of worship. Whatever makes you stay and going against the tenets of the religion shows you're an outlaw (Criminal) undecided
Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by desiredhome: 7:48am On Feb 23, 2022
RepoMan007:
tithe is the tax for church that enables you have meat (chairs, altar, fan, car parks, branches and more amenities within the church). You not paying what God has ordained but enjoying others' people money in form of the above mentioned constitute robbery of those people and by extension, of God Himself. When God said he came to the well to do of this world in form of the poor, hungry, homeless, and sickly in Mathews, how can you then enjoy the contribution of these people and think you haven't robbed God?
So meat to you represent all those items you mentioned lol....
How do you use those items when you are hungry?... these are the reasons poverty will continue to increase in Nigeria..... ignorant......
Keep deceiving yourself or allow those pulpit bandits to deceive you..... you keep shouting on government/bad economy in your ignorant while you are the problem in Nigeria
Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by wirinet(m): 8:04am On Feb 23, 2022
petra1:

That's tithe eaters assumption
Who are tithe eaters? I hope you are referring to pastors who use members tithes to buy live extravagant lives.

He did

Please give verses where Jesus preached about tithes or where he taught his disciples about tithes. He only made reference to tithes when admonishing the pharesees for placing tithes above all other things.

Not true. It's tithe eaters assumption or accusations. Pastor's teach on prayers, fasting, forgiveness, evangelism, faith nobody speaks. But when they teach on tithes anf offering tithe eaters protest. That means conscience Is disturbing them.
Conscience is disturbing who? I have never paid tithe in my life and I have never felt any guilt, so also billions of others. If some pentecostals feel guilty for not paying tithe, it is because they have been continuously been blackmailed and guilt tripped by their pastors.

There must be balance. The whole counsel of God must be taught

Yes there must be balance. Tithe is not part of that balance. It's a scam by modern day Christianity.

1 Like

Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by petra1(m): 10:10am On Feb 23, 2022
wirinet:

Who are tithe eaters? I hope you are referring to pastors who use members tithes to buy live extravagant lives.

Wrong. Tithe eaters are those who rob God by not tithing.

Pastors are not tithe collectors. Pastors are rather tithers and givers. And for you information most denominational pastors are volunteers . THEY ARE.LAY WORKERS.. They have their jobs and businesses. Ranging from civil servant to lecturer etc.
Only few pastors are into full time ministry and such are placed on allowance. Church money does not belong to the pastor. Tithe eaters give impression as though pastors live on church offering. Most pastors spend their money on the church. Every pastor is not G.O with private jet. That's just few exceptions

Please give verses where Jesus preached about tithes or where he taught his disciples about tithes. He only made reference to tithes when admonishing the pharesees for placing tithes above all other things.

Matthew 23:23 TLB
. . .. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things.

Yes there must be balance. Tithe is not part of that balance. It's a scam by modern day Christianity.

You're wrong . Compare the two verses below

Numbers 18:21-25
21 And, behold, I have given the Levites all the tithes in Israel for an inheritance in return for their service which they serve, the [menial] service of the Tent of Meeting.

1 Corinthians 9:13-14
Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.

Tithes and offerings are eternal principles in God's kingdom. If you give offerings you must give tithes you cant chose one and neglect the other because one us very convenient.
Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by Igo9(m): 12:20pm On Feb 23, 2022
petra1:

JESUS SAYS TO TITHE
“What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore the more important aspects of the law—justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things
did Jesus instruct you to pay tithe there?

The pharisees Jesus talked about were not christians but jewish teachers.
He query them because they did not follow the Jewish law they even preaching...

No one received Christ pay tithe in the bible..

Tithe is one of the Jewish law...
Anyone who received christ is a new creature..
Christians are new creatures...

No pastor in this world tell members to pay Jewish tithe except nigeria pastors that are looking for wealths....

Read hebrew 10 vs 3 to end and see how paul condemned tithe... No nigerian pastor will show you this chapter instead they will referred you backward to Jewish chapters like malachi 3:10..
Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by killyaselfie: 12:33pm On Feb 23, 2022
Kajaard:
We don't have pastors in Nigeria.

All we have are CON MEN angry

There are no pastors ANYWHERE. The religion is a con, the whites who brought it to your shores are savage cons, the pastors in your land are greedy cons, the Jews who created the god you worship are cons, the Romans who painted the god white are cons. The sooner the African diaspora wakes up, the better for them. I’m not holding my breath though.
Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by wirinet(m): 12:39pm On Feb 23, 2022
petra1:

Wrong. Tithe eaters are those who rob God by not tithing.
You have been brainwashed beyond redemption by scam artists in the guise of men of God. The verses which you people are so obsessed with was directed at priests who just like modern day christian priests are scamming the people of Israel. God was directing his anger at them and not the general children of Israel.

Malachi 2
[1] And now, O ye priests, this commandment is for you.
[2] If ye will not hear, and if ye will not lay it to heart, to give glory unto my name, saith the LORD of hosts, I will even send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings: yea, I have cursed them already, because ye do not lay it to heart.

Pastors are not tithe collectors. Pastors are rather tithers and givers. And for you information most denominational pastors are volunteers . THEY ARE.LAY WORKERS.. They have their jobs and businesses. Ranging from civil servant to lecturer etc.
Only few pastors are into full time ministry and such are placed on allowance. Church money does not belong to the pastor. Tithe eaters give impression as though pastors live on church offering. Most pastors spend their money on the church. Every pastor is not G.O with private jet. That's just few exceptions
I am not talking about regular pastors who are also victims of exploitation by the so called men of God. I am talking about G.Os who set up churches as means of fleecing desperate or illiterate people of their hard-earned money through perverse doctrines.

. . .. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things.

Wrong translation and interpretation. This is how King James Version puts it;

23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
Why do you think Jesus specified what the scribes and Pharisees should tithe, or you think Jesus was not aware money exists? Jesus specifically stated issues that are important to God - law, judgment, mercy, and faith, these are what all the message and parables of Jesus was about. It's what the gospel is about. Tithe has no place in the gospel according to Jesus.

You're wrong . Compare the two verses below

21 And, behold, I have given the Levites all the tithes in Israel for an inheritance in return for their service which they serve, the [menial] service of the Tent of Meeting.
Yes, tithes was instituted in Israel as compensation for the Levi tribe, which as a priestly tribe were not allowed to inherit land. There are no more Levis in Israel and so no one pays tithes anymore in Israel. How Nigerians scam artists (G.Os) converted themselves to Levis is a miracle.

Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.
So it no more about Levis but about ministers and partakers. Is it only G.Os that ministers and wait at the altar or preach the gospel? Why is it that the tithes and offerings are chopped by only the G.Os and his family? Should not the tithes be shared equally among the pastors and all the workers of a church? Why would the G.Os be driving private jets and ordinary pastors are walking the streets under the sun, preaching the gospel

Tithes and offerings are eternal principles in God's kingdom. If you give offerings you must give tithes you cant chose one and neglect the other because one us very convenient.

There is no must in any genuine religion, that's religious fundamentalism. You give as the heart directs.

1 Like

Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by petra1(m): 2:13pm On Feb 23, 2022
wirinet:

You have been brainwashed beyond redemption by scam artists in the guise of men of God.

I quoted the bible not pastors. So let's stay on facts nothing personal

The verses which you people are so obsessed with was directed at priests who just like modern day christian priests are scamming the people of Israel. God was directing his anger at them and not the general children of Israel.

Wrong . The book of malachi was addressed to a nation . He only addressed priests in few verses and that didn't include tithing .where he addressed The nation he mentioned it and where he addressed priests he mentioned it

Malachi 3:9
Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me,
even this whole nation.

Tithes and offerings issue was for everyone

I am not talking about regular pastors who are also victims of exploitation by the so called men of God

Then it will be wrong of you guys to rubbish all pastors. Because 99.9 percent are lay workers who volunteer to serve God's people. Sacrificing their pay in serving God and you guys come up here before the world to rubbish all pastors because of your bile against few.

I am talking about G.Os who set up churches as means of fleecing desperate or illiterate people of their hard-earned money through perverse doctrines.

If you want to address G.O. do it differently. That still doesn't mean you're right and they are wrong .we will still analyze your points in the light of the Bible

Wrong translation and interpretation. This is how King James Version puts it;

It doesn't make a difference. The principle is clear that it's ok to pay tithes

Why do you think Jesus specified what the scribes and Pharisees should tithe, or you think Jesus was not aware money exists? Jesus specifically stated issues that are important to God - law, judgment, mercy, and faith, these are what all the message and parables of Jesus was about. It's what the gospel is about. Tithe has no place in the gospel according to Jesus.

Says who? Jesus didn't condem marrying you marrying your daughter either. So does it make it right

Yes, tithes was instituted in Israel as compensation for the Levi tribe, which as a priestly tribe were not allowed to inherit land. There are no more Levis in Israel and so no one pays tithes anymore in Israel. How Nigerians scam artists (G.Os) converted themselves to Levis is a miracle.

Tithe was instituted under Abrahamic covenant 400 years before the law. Abraham Jacob Isaac all tithes. They only stopped when they became slaves in Egypt. That's even why God had to bring them out to "serve him," and in serving him he re instituted tithes and offerings and regulated it for them. Because it has always been in the system of worship since the days of Abraham

So it no more about Levis but about ministers and partakers. Is it only G.Os that ministers and wait at the altar or preach the gospel? Why is it that the tithes and offerings are chopped by only the G.Os and his family? Should not the tithes be shared equally among the pastors and all the workers of a church? Why would the G.Os be driving private jets and ordinary pastors are walking the streets under the sun, preaching the gospel

Tithe is given to God not to G.O. Private jets were not bought with tithes and offerings. Some came as gift from members . Some G.O have businesses. Don't work with assumptions.

There is no must in any genuine religion, that's religious fundamentalism. You give as the heart directs.

As the word instructs . Selfish heart won't direct

2 Likes

Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by OkCornel(m): 2:54pm On Feb 23, 2022
petra1:

I quoted the bible not pastors. So let's stay on facts nothing personal

Wrong . The book of malachi was addressed to a nation . He only addressed priests in few verses and that didn't include tithing .where he addressed The nation he mentioned it and where he addressed priests he mentioned it

even this whole nation.

Tithes and offerings issue was for everyone

Then it will be wrong of you guys to rubbish all pastors. Because 99.9 percent are lay workers who volunteer to serve God's people. Sacrificing their pay in serving God and you guys come up here before the world to rubbish all pastors because of your bile against few.

If you want to address G.O. do it differently. That still doesn't mean you're right and they are wrong .we will still analyze your points in the light of the Bible

It doesn't make a difference. The principle is clear that it's ok to pay tithes

Says who? Jesus didn't condem marrying you marrying your daughter either. So does it make it right

Tithe was instituted under Abrahamic covenant 400 years before the law. Abraham Jacob Isaac all tithes. They only stopped when they became slaves in Egypt. That's even why God had to bring them out to "serve him," and in serving him he re instituted tithes and offerings and regulated it for them. Because it has always been in the system of worship since the days of Abraham

Tithe is given to God not to G.O. Private jets were not bought with tithes and offerings. Some came as gift from members . Some G.O have businesses. Don't work with assumptions.

As the word instructs . Selfish heart won't direct

Which nation was the book of Malachi addressed to? Israel or Nigeria?

Was the book of Malachi directed to the gentile nations?

Did God make tithing mandatory for any of the gentile nations?

Can you provide examples of Christians (not Judaisers) that tithed in the scriptures?
Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by petra1(m): 4:50pm On Feb 23, 2022
OkCornel:

Was the book of Malachi directed to the gentile nations?"

It was directed to worshipers of God.

Did God make salvation mandatory for Gentiles?

Can you provide examples of Christians (not Judaisers) that tithed in the scriptures?

Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel

1 Like

Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by wirinet(m): 5:17pm On Feb 23, 2022
OkCornel:

Was the book of Malachi directed to the gentile nations?

I don't want to continue going in circles with Petra1. He is wearing really distorted blinkers. How can one interprete

even this whole nation.

to mean to mean the words were directed at the whole nation when the speaker made a distinction between "Ye" and the nation with the adverb even? The "ye" in Malachi refers to priests.

He has really been indoctrinated by tithe criminals.

Malachi3 cannot be read in isolation of Malachi 2:

Mal.2
[1] And now, O ye priests, this commandment is for you.
[2] If ye will not hear, and if ye will not lay it to heart, to give glory unto my name, saith the LORD of hosts, I will even send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings: yea, I have cursed them already, because ye do not lay it to heart.
[3] Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces, even the dung of your solemn feasts; and one shall take you away with it.
[4] And ye shall know that I have sent this commandment unto you, that my covenant might be with Levi, saith the LORD of hosts.
[5] My covenant was with him of life and peace; and I gave them to him for the fear wherewith he feared me, and was afraid before my name.
[6] The law of truth was in his mouth, and iniquity was not found in his lips: he walked with me in peace and equity, and did turn many away from iniquity.
[7] For the priest's lips should keep knowledge, and they should seek the law at his mouth: for he is the messenger of the LORD of hosts.
[8] But ye are departed out of the way; ye have caused many to stumble at the law; ye have corrupted the covenant of Levi, saith the LORD of hosts.
[9] Therefore have I also made you contemptible and base before all the people, according as ye have not kept my ways, but have been partial in the law.

1 Like

Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by petra1(m): 7:35pm On Feb 23, 2022
wirinet:

I don't want to continue going in circles with Petra1. He is wearing really distorted blinkers. How can one interprete
to mean to mean the words were directed at the whole nation when the speaker made a distinction between "Ye" and the nation with the adverb even? The "ye" in Malachi refers to priests.

He has really been indoctrinated by tithe criminals.

Malachi3 cannot be read in isolation of Malachi 2:

Amd you cannot isolate Malachi 2 from Malachi 1

Malachi 1:1
Malachi

​ The burden of the word of the LORD to Israel by Malachi

He was sent to the nation. While prophesying to the nation he addressed Judah, He addressed priests, He addressed issues about the messiah and his forerunner. Just as any book of prophecy with multiple messages and topics. Why will you now just pick one part and color all with it..

1 Like

Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by wirinet(m): 7:50pm On Feb 23, 2022
petra1:

Malachi

​ The burden of the word of the LORD to Israel by Malachi

He was sent to the nation. While prophesying to the nation he addressed Judah, He addressed priests, He addressed issues about the messiah and his forerunner. Just as any book of prophecy with multiple messages and topics. Why will you now just pick one part and color all with it..

Read from Malachi 1 verses 6 to the end and tell me who the Lord was referring to;

6 A son honoureth his father, and a servant his master: if then I be a father, where is mine honour? and if I be a master, where is my fear? saith the Lord of hosts unto you, O priests, that despise my name. And ye say, Wherein have we despised thy name?

7 Ye offer polluted bread upon mine altar; and ye say, Wherein have we polluted thee? In that ye say, The table of the Lord is contemptible.

8 And if ye offer the blind for sacrifice, is it not evil? and if ye offer the lame and sick, is it not evil? offer it now unto thy governor; will he be pleased with thee, or accept thy person? saith the Lord of hosts.

9 And now, I pray you, beseech God that he will be gracious unto us: this hath been by your means: will he regard your persons? saith the Lord of hosts.

10 Who is there even among you that would shut the doors for nought? neither do ye kindle fire on mine altar for nought. I have no pleasure in you, saith the Lord of hosts, neither will I accept an offering at your hand.

1 Like

Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by wirinet(m): 8:10pm On Feb 23, 2022
Even chapter 3 of Malachi was directed at the Lord's anger at the priests.

Malachi
3 And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the Lord an offering in righteousness.

4 Then shall the offering of Judah and Jerusalem be pleasant unto the Lord, as in the days of old, and as in former years.

5 And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me, saith the Lord of hosts.

6 For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

It is after the purifier purifies the priestly class that the Lord will accept the offerings of Judah and Jerusalem.

I wonder where you guys get the notion that priests are infallible. Malachi shows that God can get angry at priests and curse them.

3 Likes

Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by OkCornel(m): 8:21pm On Feb 23, 2022
petra1:

Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel

Buhahahaha.

So the goalpost has shifted from Malachi being addressed to nation of Israel to worshipers of God?

Oya na… Job was not an Israelite, nor among the ancestral lineage of Israel. Can you show us biblical and historical evidences of Job tithing? Remember, Job is a worshipper of God too o.

Can you also show us examples of gentile believers in the new covenant that tithed?

Your attempt to dodge this question by asking if salvation is mandatory for gentiles is laughable. Abeg, what is the connection between tithing and salvation Oga Petra?

Acts 15 & Deuteronomy 14 v 22-29 is the final mail on the coffin for tithe mongers.

1. Tithe was never an obligation for the gentile believers to obey.

2. God specifically requested what should be tithed, and it was never money. Unless y’all want to rewrite the scriptures to include that one.

1 Like

Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by OkCornel(m): 8:25pm On Feb 23, 2022
petra1:

You love quoting 1 Corinthians 9 v 13-14. Read the remaining verses na, let’s see the full picture;

Read verse 15; “But I have not used any of these rights. And I am not writing this in the hope that you will do such things for me, for I would rather die than allow anyone to deprive me of this boast”

Also read;
Hebrews 13 v 10;
10 We have an altar from which those who minister at the tabernacle have no right to eat.
Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by OkCornel(m): 8:31pm On Feb 23, 2022
petra1:

Malachi

​ The burden of the word of the LORD to Israel by :DMalachi

And this “Israel” in the book of Malachi includes Nigerian Christians in this present dispensation abi? Well done o
Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by wirinet(m): 8:32pm On Feb 23, 2022
OkCornel:

Buhahahaha.

So the goalpost has shifted from Malachi being addressed to nation of Israel to worshipers of God?

Oya na… Job was not an Israelite, nor among the ancestral lineage of Israel. Can you show us biblical and historical evidences of Job tithing? Remember, Job is a worshipper of God too o.

Can you also show us examples of gentile believers in the new covenant that tithed?

Your attempt to dodge this question by asking if salvation is mandatory for gentiles is laughable. Abeg, what is the connection between tithing and salvation Oga Petra?

Modern day scam artists in the guise of men of God have so battered the psyche of their members that they make them believe that the only way to success is by feeding their extravagant lifestyles, by twisting Malachi chapter 3 to their advantage.

Instead of them to teach and encourage their members to improve their skills and abilities to succeed in life, they turn then into perpetual ATM machines.

2 Likes

Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by petra1(m): 9:05pm On Feb 23, 2022
OkCornel:

And this “Israel” in the book of Malachi includes Nigerian Christians in this present dispensation abi? Well done o

They were the people of God or the churxh of that generation
Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by petra1(m): 10:19pm On Feb 23, 2022
OkCornel:

The principles of God is for all God worshipers
Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by petra1(m): 10:27pm On Feb 23, 2022
wirinet:

Modern day scam artists in the guise of men of God have so battered the psyche of their members that they make them believe that the only way to success is by feeding their extravagant lifestyles, by twisting Malachi chapter 3 to their advantage.

That's your theory. The word of God is against extravagant lifestyle. Your extreme language is more like a distraction to the topic. If tithe is legit or not. Proof it with point .

Instead of them to teach and encourage their members to improve their skills and abilities to succeed in life,

The word of God is balance . There is place of hard work, there is place of grace and prayer . You can not dwell on one only. The Pastors at least do better . They teach on diligence. They teach against lazinessajs being slothful in businessetc. , non givers always exerggerate as though the whole 1 hr message every week is only on tithe.

they turn then into perpetual ATM machines.

That's your theory but that's not what is taught in churches.

1 Like

Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by OkCornel(m): 10:31pm On Feb 23, 2022
petra1:

The principles of God is for all God worshipers

1. Did Job (a non-Israelite) tithe?

2. Can you give scriptural references where Gentile Christians tithed under the new covenant?

3. Did the Apostles tithe?

Or these ones are no longer God worshippers too?
Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by OkCornel(m): 10:33pm On Feb 23, 2022
Quiz of the day;

Can someone open the scriptures and show us one verse where tithe and church (not temple o) were used in the same sentence?

Una must get sense today.
Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by petra1(m): 10:54pm On Feb 23, 2022
OkCornel:

2. Can you give scriptural references where Gentile Christians tithed under the new covenant?

Or these ones are no longer God worshippers too?

Tithe was instituted under Abrahamic covenant.

Anyone who are offshoot of it tithed
Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by OkCornel(m): 11:03pm On Feb 23, 2022
petra1:

Tithe was instituted under Abrahamic covenant.

Anyone who are offshoot of it tithed

You are still dancing around the question.

If your answer to the above questions is yes. Kindly provide scriptural/historical references. Not your assumptions. Thank you.
Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by petra1(m): 4:07am On Feb 24, 2022
OkCornel:

You are still dancing around the question.

Anyone who are offshoot of Abrahamic covenant tithed . Kindly do the math

1 Like

Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by wirinet(m): 4:30am On Feb 24, 2022
petra1:

You are still skirting the question. Who are the offshoot of Abrahamic covenant that still tithe today - Judaism, islam or Christianity? Mind you only Word of Life Christians (Pentecostals) tithe.

Read the meaning of the real Jewish tithe below instead of the perverted interpretation by greedy men of God like pastor Ibiyeomie - https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.myjewishlearning.com/article/tithing/amp/

Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by wirinet(m): 5:02am On Feb 24, 2022
petra1:

In addition there is no evidence that Abraham or any of his descendants tithes compulsorily.
The tithe Abraham paid to Melchizedek was voluntary and it was once from the spoils of war. He paid it to Melchizedek because he allowed Abraham pass through his land to attack his enemy. There is no other record of Abraham paying tithe to anybody for the rest of his life.

The children of Israel was not recorded to have paid tithes while in Egypt or while wondering in the desert for 40 years.

Moses was not recorded to have paid anyone tithe.

Joseph made a vow to pay tithe saying: ‘If God will be with me, and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat, and raiment to put on, so that I come back to my father’s house in peace, then shall the Lord be my God ... and of all that you shall give me I will surely give the tenth unto you."

Joseph how was conditional and not compulsive, with a big if . We were not told if he actually paid the tithe and to whom.
Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by petra1(m): 6:25am On Feb 24, 2022
wirinet:

Who are the offshoot of Abrahamic covenant that still tithe today - Judaism, islam or Christianity? Mind you only Word of Life Christians (Pentecostals) tithe.

The hier of Abramahic covenant was not Ishmael but Jacob . Who also gave Gave God tithe

Genesis 28:22
And this memorial pillar I have set up will become a place for worshiping God, and I will present to God a tenth of everything he gives me.

1 Like

Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by petra1(m): 9:57am On Feb 24, 2022
wirinet:

In addition there is no evidence that Abraham or any of his descendants tithes compulsorily.
The tithe Abraham paid to Melchizedek was voluntary and it was once from the spoils of war.

Nobody use terms as "compulsory" The Questionis if tithe is legit or not.

He paid it to Melchizedek because he allowed Abraham pass through his land to attack his enemy.

Where is it written

There is no other record of Abraham paying tithe to anybody for the rest of his life.

It's not b the number of time. Some do daily ,monthly or annually . The point is the principle not the process

The children of Israel was not recorded to have paid tithes while in Egypt or while wondering in the desert for 40 years.

Its the reason God brought them out of Egypt to worship him because tithing stopped when they migrated to Egypt. God brought them out to resume worship . Tithes and offerings. A d he re enacted the law again

Moses was not recorded to have paid anyone tithe.

Moses was not recorded that he gave money to the poor either.

Joseph Jacob made a vow to pay tithe saying: ‘If God will be with me, and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat, and raiment to put on, so that I come back to my father’s house in peace, then shall the Lord be my God ... and of all that you shall give me I will surely give the teJacob nto you."
Joseph (Jacob )how was conditional and not compulsive, with a big if

How did Jacob know about tithing if it wasn't an existing practice in his time . Did he go to war like Abraham? Judge ye!

We were not told if he actually paid the tithe and to whom.

He did.

1 Like

Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by OkCornel(m): 12:00pm On Feb 24, 2022
petra1:

Did these people I mentioned tithe? If yes, show us scriptural/historical references. I don’t want assumptions to “do the math”

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

If Social Media Was There In The Bible Days / The Kalām Cosmological Argument / Anti-christian And Anti-religious Memes!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.