Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,969 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

FIGHTING TALK: Boris Johnson To Hold Cobra Meeting Today To Discuss Ukraine - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / FIGHTING TALK: Boris Johnson To Hold Cobra Meeting Today To Discuss Ukraine (26004 Views)

UK Prime Minister, Boris Johnson To Resign Today / Zelensky Says Ukraine Is Ready To Discuss Neutrality - Russian Media / Boris Johnson And Girlfriend, Carrie Symonds Move Into Downing Street (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIGHTING TALK: Boris Johnson To Hold Cobra Meeting Today To Discuss Ukraine by btoks: 7:45pm On Feb 22, 2022
ndo1:
I would like you to clarify this;is in terms of finance,military hardware cum technology or personels?
Militarily, UK is the largest European contributor to NATO and it has deployed more troops to NATO's forward presence. Obviously US is the largest overall.

Financially, UK spends more per % of GDP than France or Germany on defence so has more direct and indirect impact on NATO services.

1 Like

Re: FIGHTING TALK: Boris Johnson To Hold Cobra Meeting Today To Discuss Ukraine by francisbiz: 7:49pm On Feb 22, 2022
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
expect more meaningless sanction. ukraine is gone. Putin putting the west were they truly belong.
Go and eat okpa, this event is way beyond your league

1 Like

Re: FIGHTING TALK: Boris Johnson To Hold Cobra Meeting Today To Discuss Ukraine by Arkmanbuddy(m): 7:51pm On Feb 22, 2022
Rugaria:

The West are trying to wreck The Russian economy with sanctions and are systematically luring Putin into taking aggressive posturings on the Ukraine/NATO issue.. Obviously, Russia needs to act, but with Ukraine insistence on joining NATO, Russias actions can be used to leverage the narrative that Putin is a power hungry dictator, desperate to control all of Eastern Europe.?

Military actions taken by Russia over this, just like in the case of the invasion of cremea, provides the West with the excuse they need to increase sanctions, as they try to shut off Russias expanding energy/gas entanglement with Western Europe. Not a coincidence that this is happening after Angela Mikel..

The Angela Market angle is something to really look at.
Re: FIGHTING TALK: Boris Johnson To Hold Cobra Meeting Today To Discuss Ukraine by Arkmanbuddy(m): 7:51pm On Feb 22, 2022
Rugaria:

The West are trying to wreck The Russian economy with sanctions and are systematically luring Putin into taking aggressive posturings on the Ukraine/NATO issue.. Obviously, Russia needs to act, but with Ukraine insistence on joining NATO, Russias actions can be used to leverage the narrative that Putin is a power hungry dictator, desperate to control all of Eastern Europe.?

Military actions taken by Russia over this, just like in the case of the invasion of cremea, provides the West with the excuse they need to increase sanctions, as they try to shut off Russias expanding energy/gas entanglement with Western Europe. Not a coincidence that this is happening after Angela Mikel..

The Angela Markel angle is something to really look at.

1 Like

Re: FIGHTING TALK: Boris Johnson To Hold Cobra Meeting Today To Discuss Ukraine by francisbiz: 7:52pm On Feb 22, 2022
Quelme:
Like hold Python or hyena meeting! Putin serving you guys as e dey hot
When men do the fighting, women do the prattling.
Continue prattling, it is within your pay grade

1 Like

Re: FIGHTING TALK: Boris Johnson To Hold Cobra Meeting Today To Discuss Ukraine by Nobody: 7:53pm On Feb 22, 2022
Lovenorth:

But they are human beings like anybody
you can't equate Palestine with Ukraine in the int'l scheme of things. Mind you, isreal had neva for once attacked Palestine aside for the fact of retaliation and self defence.
Re: FIGHTING TALK: Boris Johnson To Hold Cobra Meeting Today To Discuss Ukraine by francisbiz: 7:57pm On Feb 22, 2022
crestedaguiyi:
UK living on old glory . Make them dare Russia first
If they call you black monkey now, you will start jumping up and down like earthworm wey dem pour salt
Re: FIGHTING TALK: Boris Johnson To Hold Cobra Meeting Today To Discuss Ukraine by BuddhaPalm(m): 8:02pm On Feb 22, 2022
RichDad1:
Russian should stop bullying Ukraine.

The US & NATO are actually the agressors.

Just like with Iran...

(Why did Iran put their country around so many US bases?)

1 Like

Re: FIGHTING TALK: Boris Johnson To Hold Cobra Meeting Today To Discuss Ukraine by jayworld15(m): 8:05pm On Feb 22, 2022
Ratorichie:

Key difference: Germany was not a nuclear power...
As a tier 1 nuclear armed nation, Russia can't be defeated... Any conflict between US and Russia will quickly escalate into a nuclear exchange where there's a guaranteed mutually assured destruction.
Therefore, both country high command make sure that their military doesn't come in direct contact with each other.
The same reason that Joe Biden right from the beginning that US will not send troops to Ukrainem and he has even evacuated the 150 US National guard troops that were in a training mission to Ukraine.
That's the reason the west are only threatening Sanctions rather than a military response.

You're wrong bro. WW2 was the first time AB was used. From that time till now, a lot has changed. Russia stand no chance against US. The only reason they're not engaging Russia is because Ukraine does not belong to NATO and not a member of EU. The latter, they plan to declare formally in 2024 in order to join in 2030. Let Russia invade any EU countries, you'd see the colour of a lion- war.

1 Like

Re: FIGHTING TALK: Boris Johnson To Hold Cobra Meeting Today To Discuss Ukraine by francisbiz: 8:05pm On Feb 22, 2022
OneCorner:
Lol, this UK sef go dey do like big bro, e no go take Russia 1day to level the whole UK
Do you read at all, it was the intelligence of Britain and the cleverness of USA that saved USSR from invasion by Hitlers Germany.

Abeg, talk about your PHC and dance their DISCOs, that is what you can do

1 Like

Re: FIGHTING TALK: Boris Johnson To Hold Cobra Meeting Today To Discuss Ukraine by Lovenorth: 8:08pm On Feb 22, 2022
franciskaine:
you can't equate Palestine with Ukraine in the int'l scheme of things. Mind you, isreal had neva for once attacked Palestine aside for the fact of retaliation and self defence.
Israel, Palestine and Ukraine are all the same. Don't be hypocrite. Russia and China are speaking to the America and England in the language they understand

1 Like

Re: FIGHTING TALK: Boris Johnson To Hold Cobra Meeting Today To Discuss Ukraine by jayworld15(m): 8:08pm On Feb 22, 2022
DemMannaScam:
Britain is a faded empire. Na SCAMerica & nato dey give dem morale.

Alone they are nothing...

Meanwhile, power has moved to the east.

Power has moved to nowhere. America still control the world. From language to nuclear to others. At least, in the next century, Americans will be boss to other nations. Bilateral trade and alliance are important to world politics. Even Saudi Arabia knows that, making them come in trade and relationship with US.

1 Like

Re: FIGHTING TALK: Boris Johnson To Hold Cobra Meeting Today To Discuss Ukraine by francisbiz: 8:25pm On Feb 22, 2022
Lovenorth:
This is a true definition of useless meeting, there is nothing they can do, Russia and China are far ahead of them
Too many kparaga brains in the house.

Let me help you a bit.
If Russia attempts anything serious, like total annexation of Ukraine and there is a world war iii, at the end of that war Russia will be divided into many countries, like they did to Germany in 1945.
It is Europe and America plus Israel vs Russia, then China go do sidon-look.

I don't know why you guys don't think beyond, assuming the war happens and Russia wins a world war, then Putin will become a full blown dictator ruling the world, your China and entire Asia would be annexed. You and your brothers and Africa go back to plantations , and become slaves worse than the old slaves.
Hitler's plan for Africa will be established by Putin and entire Africa will become farmlands for Russians.

1 Like

Re: FIGHTING TALK: Boris Johnson To Hold Cobra Meeting Today To Discuss Ukraine by Eryyy92: 8:33pm On Feb 22, 2022
I wish my white client fit explain this stuff for you guys. Because I'm tired of reading beer parlour analysis here.
He's from US but lives in Greece and works as a journalist and Radio presenter
Re: FIGHTING TALK: Boris Johnson To Hold Cobra Meeting Today To Discuss Ukraine by Bimpe29: 8:42pm On Feb 22, 2022
Putin is the most controversial world leader at the moment.

He may however, meet his waterloo in an incredible way.
Re: FIGHTING TALK: Boris Johnson To Hold Cobra Meeting Today To Discuss Ukraine by kmaster007: 9:29pm On Feb 22, 2022
E no consign me
Ubiman:
And you think it will not affect you if the whole of Europe, Asia and North America gets engulfed by a blood war? Lol. Lazy thinker!!!

Re: FIGHTING TALK: Boris Johnson To Hold Cobra Meeting Today To Discuss Ukraine by GardenOfGod(m): 9:41pm On Feb 22, 2022
Are you kidding me?
Check my profile young man before you start to spread faake news around. Lie Muhammad go charge you spreading fake news o grin
KingOfAmebo:

"Wait o, it's like this Righteousness2 get pass 50 moniker here on Nairaland...which one be GardenOfGod again?...

I can just imagine the kind of torture this dude is going through day and night searching for doomsday news to post". - Village People Spokesperson
Re: FIGHTING TALK: Boris Johnson To Hold Cobra Meeting Today To Discuss Ukraine by olas24u(f): 10:00pm On Feb 22, 2022
[quote author=CoronaVirusPro post=110451542]

What does Russia has outside Nuclear warheads?

It’s artillery’s are outdated and what they hype for you on media can’t even stand against the bests in the world

A country with outdated tanks, substandard jets and one aircraft carrier. In a full blown war, NATO will turn it to rubbles

Seems you forget UK is a force in Naval warfare.

You mentioning countries that are technologically far ahead of Russia. They have cripple it’s economy already and will bury the economy

Russians are migrating out of the country at a all time high due to hardship and y’all here hyping a country cos of its nuclear warhead.

Russia is in same position with North Korea, country has nothing to boast of outside Nuclear warheads[/quote
false
Re: FIGHTING TALK: Boris Johnson To Hold Cobra Meeting Today To Discuss Ukraine by Juventus4life: 10:13pm On Feb 22, 2022
CrownedPhoenix:
I used to love Putin. The strong no-nonsense untouchable badass ex-KGB agent, man made of steel. A balance to world power etc etc

I thought and believed Russia to be non-expantionist. Loved that country for their resolute willpower throughout history. From the fire of Moscow to Stalin's snipers in Stalingrad, I have loved this country of theirs.

But in this past few weeks I have made time for reflection on the man Putin.

The respectable demeanor and aura he carried has been reduced to dust, revealing another power hungry, devilish Hitler.

I am horribly disturbed by his flagrant disregard for rules of engagement. One a KGB agent should know better about.

Declare recognition for parts of a sovereign State. And then decree troops be deployed into a sovereign state?

This is unacceptable by any standard.

What a low-life cunning way to invade a sovereign State. Some hype it as a game of chess. I call it con.

Watching a man I so much revered talking nonsense history and making an utter fool of himself on TV. Couldn't believe it's same Vladimir Putin I could argue to the moon & back for.

Except China who's waiting to play same script on Taiwan, anybody supporting this insanity just because they hate America should have his/her head checked.

He is saying all the Anti-Putin activists can gather in one place, declare themselves a sovereign State and have other nations recognize them.

He referenced how a country can not pursue it's security to the detriment of another country, what exactly has he just done?

Well, by this provocative action of his, if Ukraine doesn't immediately formally apply to join NATO, then something is wrong.

You knew nothing about history and world politics
Re: FIGHTING TALK: Boris Johnson To Hold Cobra Meeting Today To Discuss Ukraine by OneCorner: 11:25pm On Feb 22, 2022
francisbiz:

Do you read at all, it was the intelligence of Britain and the cleverness of USA that saved USSR from invasion by Hitlers Germany.

Abeg, talk about your PHC and dance their DISCOs, that is what you can do
Mr know all, mr prattling, Mr commander of the allied forces,...
this is 2022 and not 1947
Re: FIGHTING TALK: Boris Johnson To Hold Cobra Meeting Today To Discuss Ukraine by francisbiz: 11:39pm On Feb 22, 2022
OneCorner:

Mr know all, mr prattling, Mr commander of the allied forces,...
this is 2022 and not 1947
Mr 1947-olodoh, what changed since 1945?
Have you stopped thinking like a black monkey from 1945 to 2022?
Or has Eastern Europe become more powerful than western Europe?
Or has Russia grown bigger than USSR?

Go and do your ogogoro research
Re: FIGHTING TALK: Boris Johnson To Hold Cobra Meeting Today To Discuss Ukraine by OneCorner: 11:59pm On Feb 22, 2022
francisbiz:

grin
Someone that’s not doing ogogoro research is asking what changed within “77yrs”
And Commander Know All, evolution, just like change is constant regardless of the time frame so even a black monkey in 1945 doesn’t have the same thinking after 77yrs
Re: FIGHTING TALK: Boris Johnson To Hold Cobra Meeting Today To Discuss Ukraine by OneCorner: 12:02am On Feb 23, 2022
francisbiz:

Any war with Russia is not a fight of who’s more powerful, it’s a fight of how much damage the two parties can inflict on each other... Russia is just like a cut snake, she knows she’ll probably lose, but before she goes down, she’s ready to inflict pain on whosoever come across its path
Re: FIGHTING TALK: Boris Johnson To Hold Cobra Meeting Today To Discuss Ukraine by francisbiz: 12:07am On Feb 23, 2022
OneCorner:

Any war with Russia is not a fight of who’s more powerful, it’s a fight of how much damage the two parties can inflict on each other... Russia is just like a cut snake, she knows she’ll probably lose, but before she goes down, she’s ready to inflict pain on whosoever come across its path
So, you are still taking kparaga?
Re: FIGHTING TALK: Boris Johnson To Hold Cobra Meeting Today To Discuss Ukraine by khreus(m): 12:21am On Feb 23, 2022
CrownedPhoenix:
I used to love Putin. The strong no-nonsense untouchable badass ex-KGB agent, man made of steel. A balance to world power etc etc

I thought and believed Russia to be non-expantionist. Loved that country for their resolute willpower throughout history. From the fire of Moscow to Stalin's snipers in Stalingrad, I have loved this country of theirs.

But in this past few weeks I have made time for reflection on the man Putin.

The respectable demeanor and aura he carried has been reduced to dust, revealing another power hungry, devilish Hitler.

I am horribly disturbed by his flagrant disregard for rules of engagement. One a KGB agent should know better about.

Declare recognition for parts of a sovereign State. And then decree troops be deployed into a sovereign state?

This is unacceptable by any standard.

What a low-life cunning way to invade a sovereign State. Some hype it as a game of chess. I call it con.

Watching a man I so much revered talking nonsense history and making an utter fool of himself on TV. Couldn't believe it's same Vladimir Putin I could argue to the moon & back for.

Except China who's waiting to play same script on Taiwan, anybody supporting this insanity just because they hate America should have his/her head checked.

He is saying all the Anti-Putin activists can gather in one place, declare themselves a sovereign State and have other nations recognize them.

He referenced how a country can not pursue it's security to the detriment of another country, what exactly has he just done?

Well, by this provocative action of his, if Ukraine doesn't immediately formally apply to join NATO, then something is wrong.

Look at it from this angle
- you have one rival of yours who is richer than you, he has as many wife a man could get but you still caught him staring at your wife bosom. Now, that rival of yours is enticing your Neigbour into selling his plot of land to him. The neighbour’s plot you see is by your backyard, close to where you keep your WIFE n family.
Now Won’t you do anything to stop an enemy by your backyard?
Re: FIGHTING TALK: Boris Johnson To Hold Cobra Meeting Today To Discuss Ukraine by IJEYdiamond(f): 12:24am On Feb 23, 2022
RichDad1:
Russian should stop bullying Ukraine.

Thank u.... it doesn't make sense at all
Haba.. na by force to be one with Russia...

Put it in should get that in his fucking skull..

Dictators dont end well and surly they dont even die well!!

1 Like

Re: FIGHTING TALK: Boris Johnson To Hold Cobra Meeting Today To Discuss Ukraine by BigBashiru: 12:39am On Feb 23, 2022
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
expect more meaningless sanction. ukraine is gone. Putin putting the west were they truly belong.

The western europeans are savages who need to be civilised by aborigines and Africans.
Re: FIGHTING TALK: Boris Johnson To Hold Cobra Meeting Today To Discuss Ukraine by Ezeego1(m): 12:42am On Feb 23, 2022
pansophist:
Will the sanctions matters in five years time? How about twenty, fifty or hundred years time? But one thing is certain, the territories are gone for life. And with time, Crimea, Luhansk and Doneskt will be forgotten like ENDsars, it would be a disturbance to international negotiations, especially in a time where the world has entered into a multipolar system, ushering Eurasia as a global power to reckon with. The west better start living with this reality, instead of salivating on past glory.

The UK seems to still see the world from its past empire lense. Only the tiny enclave of Kamchatka, an area less than 3% of Russian territory is larger than the UK combined, but somehow, the UK still consider itself strong enough to deal Russia a heavy blow. Putin, the master geopolitical chessplayer must have done all the necessary economic underground work before recognising the breakaway regions now.

Any sanctions from the west would be at best, dusty, especially when China, an economical giant is not just Russia's neighbour, but an ally with mutual enemy. Russia (alonside few other countries like the US) are the only country in the world that can cut off trade and close their country to the outside world and they will still thrive. Russia is a superpower by the virtue of its size, population, location and resources.

People seems to forget one thing about life, and it is that your survival is the only thing you should never compromise. So you expect Russia due to the fear of sanctions to sacrifice their survival? They should do nothing and let Nato surround them with missles? That it would take a few mins to nuke Russia and they won't be able to defend themselves, talk more of retaliate?. You may sanction me to starvation, but survival and freedom, national sovereignty and security is non negotiable. Only the living build houses. Only a country that survive builds economy. Only true leaders understand this

I've said it times and times again that the world does not operate on morality (what is good or bad, law, justice, etc), those are sweet words for the untrained mind. The world operate in the law of the universe, which is strength and weakness. Look at Africa, we did nothing wrong (morality), but we've been suffering since the west came first in year 1619 to enslave of for three hundred years, then colonise us afterwards, and now, we are a mess. In life, be strong, or you and your country will be a mess like Ukraine.
Re: FIGHTING TALK: Boris Johnson To Hold Cobra Meeting Today To Discuss Ukraine by msrcusgarvey6(m): 2:14am On Feb 23, 2022
Israel needs to cut out Golan height and have freedom to walk into Palestine and assassinate, shoot stone throwing populations that are being deceived since Adam and Eve days
franciskaine:
Re: FIGHTING TALK: Boris Johnson To Hold Cobra Meeting Today To Discuss Ukraine by msrcusgarvey6(m): 2:30am On Feb 23, 2022
Mr Pan, you are talking to people who dont fly to anywhere. Black africans don't sightsee. Most are trapped by low finance where they live. To also correct you, the Baltic states's combined contact border lines with Russia is nothing to talk about. The Russian minorities there were since settled under European human rights laws and there is nothing there. The position of Eastern Ukraine is fundamental as economic and human development high index of Ukraine and even Kharkov, Odessa, Nikolayev, Dnepropetrovsk have a very high population of Russians. Forget those scrambling to look up googled articles lately. You try!
pansophist:

1. Let's assume your stance about Russian economical armaggedon is true (it's not but okay), you should sacrifice economy for survival, not the other way around. You have to survive first, before thriving/economical building.

2. Saying Russsia should attack Poland and Latvia is like saying Russia should attack Gambia or Ghana because its in Ecowas. It doesn't make sense. But if Gambia magically appear in close proximity with Russia, then yes, they will face similar fate as Ukraine. Same as Cuba was sanctioned to death when soviet missles appeared on their territory.

3. If Russia economy is in crumbles, the US economy has already crumbled. Don't take my words for it, just go look at the numbers. And you'll know this if you can think for yourself instead of regurgitating western perspective like a vomiting drunkard. Listen, Russia is one of the few countries on earth than can survive without trading with any country. That country is blessed. Open Google map and take a look at Russia, if you have eyes, you'll see that it's a naturally powerful country that won a geographical jackpot.

4. Try to fly from Europe to Asia for example, you'll spend most of your flying hours accross Russia because its an intercontinental country that you must pass through to connect Europe and Asia. Imagine having to go to Mali first before transiting to Abuja, the extra days on air, time wasted, fuel cost, and stress, that's the fate that awaits Europe if Russia implements a no fly zone accross their territory as a retaliatory sanctions.

5. German did not overrun Soviet union, do you live under a rock for fork sake? Kaliningrad was a German enclave sandwiched between Poland and Lithuania, but it belongs to the Russian now, a gift from the spoil of war. Stalin occupied Berlin, ending the world war. Twenty million Russia men died, and they came out Victorious after the war. You just repeat so much nonsense that makes me wonder about your ability to think.

Other of your points are not worth countering, unless you purge yourself from western media brainwashing. I was like you in the past, but the ability to see things for what they are even when it's covered in propaganda, to think for yourself and reach a conclusion founded on reasoning I a crucial life skill, adopt it.
Re: FIGHTING TALK: Boris Johnson To Hold Cobra Meeting Today To Discuss Ukraine by msrcusgarvey6(m): 2:36am On Feb 23, 2022
Thousands of boko fighters have surrendered again in the N.E you should be worried because you will soon run out oo f dollars to send home. Nigeria has long annexed by those people. This should be your headache.
jayworld15:

Go and read about WW2. The British were the only one standing in Europe after France, the most powerful nation in Europe at the time, fell into Nazi's hand. The fear of the English being subjugated, the pride of the Japans (for the fact they have alliances in Germany and Italy under Hitler and Mussolini respectfully) in which they attacked the American soil, and the growing influence of Hitler and his power over Europe made the Americans to enter WW2. Don't allow this to shock you, same fate of Hitler may follow Putin if this conflict degenerates into a full blown war.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Germany Considers Nationalization Of Russian Companies, Gazprom And Rosneft / 10-year-old Works With His Father In Weapons Factory (pictures Inside) / Prince Harry, Meghan Involved In 'near Catastrophic Chase'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.