Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,222 members, 7,829,369 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

African Cities With The Highest GDP - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / African Cities With The Highest GDP (3009 Views)

Nigeria's Highest GDP Rate (4.21%) From 2015-2019 Was Our Lowest (1999-2015) / Reno Omokri: Nigeria Recorded Highest GDP Growth When Igbos Returned To Biafria / Akwa Ibom emerge Highest GDP while Bayelsa best Per Capital In South East Nig (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 4:11pm On Feb 22, 2022
SlyDev:

Why can't your leader who are from the smartest tribe in Africa do this? You cannot give what you don't have, igbo don't understand democracy and leadership. You blame Tinubu but not the leaders you elected in alaigbo

Yoruba leaders are wise, smart and sophisticated, they have been practising good governance for the past 400 years, appoint Yoruba a leader of an organisation and watch it progress, give igbo man Lagos and he will turn it to Abia in 4 years

Learn from us and select a good leader, stop blaming us we are not your elders
So after all i wrote this is what you can come up with? hahahahahaha!! i feel sorry for you. grin

2 Likes

Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by Rugaria: 4:13pm On Feb 22, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Lagos is indeed a great city.. kiss
Other state need to step up their game too.. undecided

No need to mention other states. Lagos was not made by Lagosians. It was TOTALLY a federal government invention. Other states have got nothing to copy from Lagos. All the federal government needs to do is to invest in other states, the same way it invested in Lagos and Abuja. Shikenaa

1 Like

Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by Nobody: 4:15pm On Feb 22, 2022
NimrodEndOfDays:
So after all i wrote this is what you can come up with? hahahahahaha!! i feel sorry for you. grin

I feel more sorry for pregnant women in Abia state collecting 500 after delivery
Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by Nobody: 4:16pm On Feb 22, 2022
Rugaria:

No need to mention other states. Lagos was not made by Lagosians. It was TOTALLY a federal government invention. Other states have got nothing to copy from Lagos. All the federal government needs to do is to invest in other states, the same way it invested in Lagos and Abuja. Shikenaa

grin no be ipob go later destroy am? Lagos is Yoruba idea, sweat and blood

4 Likes

Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by Rugaria: 4:19pm On Feb 22, 2022
SlyDev:

Why can't your leader who are from the smartest tribe in Africa do this? You cannot give what you don't have, igbo don't understand democracy and leadership. You blame Tinubu but not the leaders you elected in alaigbo

Yoruba leaders are wise, smart and sophisticated, they have been practising good governance for the past 400 years, [b]appoint Yoruba a leader of an organisation and watch it progress, [/b]give igbo man Lagos and he will turn it to Abia in 4 years

Learn from us and select a good leader, stop blaming us we are not your elders

As was the case with Leventis, Nigerian Airways, Nigerian shipping line, NICON Insurance, NEPA, NITEL, the first generation banks that your uncles looted down untill Babangida and Abacha stepped in? UAC? Do you know how many cooperations and government agencies that were ran into bankruptcy by your Owambe uncle's after they took over everything post Nigeria-Biafra war? Even NNPC, an oil monopoly in an oil producing country, was ran down by your uncles..

1 Like

Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 4:23pm On Feb 22, 2022
SlyDev:

I feel more sorry for pregnant women in Abia state collecting 500 after delivery

Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by princdebola201(m): 4:48pm On Feb 22, 2022
NimrodEndOfDays:
After the civil, the 3 Rs were supposed to done in the SE but Gowon chose to develop Lagos massively.

International Airport Muritala MM1,MM2

Apapa ,Tin can ports

The Bridges 3rd mainland and other connecting Ones.

The National Theatre

The National Stadium

Festac 77.

The relocation of major Oil companies by Awolowo to Lagos.

The centralization of major government agencies in lagos before Abuja.

Consular offices. All Important Embassies are In Lagos.

Airforce Base Ikeja,Shasha,VI.

Army Base Ikeja.Oshodi,Ipaja

Naval Base Satellite town. etc no state in Nigeria has this number.

if you must know, these attracts people and increases population so its easier to generate IGR. simple
just look at the nonsense you wrote.

National theatre is dead

National stadium is dead

When was the last time festac carnival hold?

In what capacity did awolowo relocate oil companies to lagos cos the last time i checked he was never a president or head of state.

Haven't these majority of government agencies relocated to Abuja 30yrs ago?
Or can you tell me any major govt agencies in lagos that is not available in each of the six geo-political zones in Nigeria?

Tell me how many regions in Nigeria that doesnt have uk,usa,european embassies in Nigeria?

What is the economic value of the military formations and barracks that have turned slums and hideouts for thugs and criminals.

The only federal govt infrastructure that is alive in lagos is 3rd mainland bridge.
port and airport re still in a deplorable condition they don't even meet up to standard.

Actually the population of lagos is a pest to the state because less than 800,000 lagosians pays tax according lagos state govt.
And majority of lagos state revenue comes from civil services and formal sector in form of P.A.Y.E

10 Likes

Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by Sonyboom765: 4:50pm On Feb 22, 2022
Who gives a fly furk if you are from hell or hellfire.

Dawn91:

Secondly I am not Ibo

2 Likes

Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by princdebola201(m): 4:51pm On Feb 22, 2022
Rugaria:

only lagos island was even the capital of Nigeria , the rest of lagos was under premier of western region.

Don't tell lies you cant defend. First industrial estate in lagos was built by awolowo not federal govt.

8 Likes

Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 4:54pm On Feb 22, 2022
[s]
princdebola201:
just look at the nonsense you wrote.

National theatre is dead

National stadium is dead

When was the last time festac carnival hold?

In what capacity did awolowo relocate oil companies to lagos cos the last time i checked he was never a president or head of state.

Haven't these majority of government agencies relocated to Abuja 30yrs ago?
Or can you tell me any major govt agencies in lagos that is not available in each of the six geo-political zones in Nigeria?

Tell me how many regions in Nigeria that doesnt have uk,usa,european embassies in Nigeria?

What is the economic value of the military formations and barracks that have turned slums and hideouts for thugs and criminals.

The only federal govt infrastructure that is alive in lagos is 3rd mainland bridge.
port and airport re still in a deplorable condition they don't even meet up to standard.

Actually the population of lagos is a pest to the state because less than 800,000 lagosians pays tax according lagos state govt.
And majority of lagos state revenue comes from civil services and formal sector in form of P.A.Y.E
[/s]its funny how you people claim the most sophisticated and the most educated. and this is how you respond? my lord!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by Nobody: 4:56pm On Feb 22, 2022
Rugaria:

As was the case with Leventis, Nigerian Airways, Nigerian shipping line, NICON Insurance, NEPA, NITEL, the first generation banks that your uncles looted down untill Babangida and Abacha stepped in? UAC? Do you know how many cooperations and government agencies that were ran into bankruptcy by your Owambe uncle's after they took over everything post Nigeria-Biafra war? Even NNPC, an oil monopoly in an oil producing country, was ran down by your uncles..
Okoro rant, do you know many companies avoid picking igbo as head of company, they know you can't do it, just like politics

2 Likes

Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by Nobody: 4:58pm On Feb 22, 2022
Sonyboom765:
Who gives a fly furk if you are from hell or hellfire.

He is ibo, they have started intentionally writing igbo as ibo but we are smarter than them

That's how they behave

1 Like

Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 4:58pm On Feb 22, 2022
SlyDev:

Okoro rant, do you know many companies avoid picking igbo as head of company, they know you can't do it, just like politics

Is this how you people bring up facts by abusing and insults? grin grin grin
Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by Nobody: 5:00pm On Feb 22, 2022
NimrodEndOfDays:
Is this how you people bring up facts by abusing and insults? grin grin grin

Having sincere argument with igbo is waste of time, develop your land and stop bothering us

2 Likes

Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by princdebola201(m): 5:01pm On Feb 22, 2022
NimrodEndOfDays:
[s][/s]its funny how you people claim the most sophisticated and the most educated. and this is how you respond? my lord!! shocked shocked shocked
I did expect anything less from you after i caught you pants down lying cheesy
At least I shred your lies into pieces

8 Likes

Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 5:01pm On Feb 22, 2022
SlyDev:

Having sincere argument with igbo is waste of time, develop your land and stop bothering us
like 3 people have quoted me and they were all yapping nonsense including you. you want to use insult to escape abi? grin grin grin
Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 5:02pm On Feb 22, 2022
princdebola201:

I did expect anything less from you after i caught you pants down lying cheesy
At least I shred your lies into pieces
so you actually believe you shred my "Lies" into pieces? hahahahahahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin
Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by Dawn91(m): 5:02pm On Feb 22, 2022
NimrodEndOfDays:
if lets say the FG replicates this in a state like Akwa Ibom, what will i be doing in Lagos? I love Lagos oh! na their dem born me but this idea of saying other states should do what Lagos has done is very difficult. but if The Niger Delta states have 100% resource control, Lagos would loose that position immediately. if you have been to states like Rivers, Akwa Ibom or Cross River, my brother, and with the governors they have had, you will leave Lagos too.

I am from and live in rivers state Bro so I know what you are talking about and agree 100%

Ther eis nothing I can't get here that I have in lagos save for embassies and formerly.aircargo, now I can aircargo to Anambra airport so I am looking forward to a brighter future
All we in the Niger Delta need is a detribalised president .. that's why I have been saying it's the turn of the Igbos I am hoping they will break this southwest monopoly against us in the Niger Delta

Amaechi Zulum 2023
Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 5:03pm On Feb 22, 2022
Dawn91:

I am from and live in rivers state Bro so I know what you are talking about and agree 100%

Ther eis nothing I can't get here that I have in lagos save for embassies and formerly.aircargo, now I can aircargo to Anambra airport so I am looking forward to a brighter future
Rivers is like a second home to me other than Lagos and Anambra. i dey PH like this smiley
Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by Dawn91(m): 5:06pm On Feb 22, 2022
NimrodEndOfDays:
Rivers is like a second home to me other than Lagos and Anambra. i dey PH like this smiley

My brother if a detribalized president gets into Aso rock watch how the SS SE will explode

I am yet to visit Anambra but I have heard amazing things about the place
Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by princdebola201(m): 5:14pm On Feb 22, 2022
NimrodEndOfDays:
so you actually believe you shred my "Lies" into pieces? hahahahahahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin

You couldn't even dispute my points because that is the true state of the lies you wrote.
You literally listed dead infrastructures that has been abandoned by FG decades ago as what made lagos till datecheesy

8 Likes

Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by techWriter3: 5:14pm On Feb 22, 2022
hint 5 FG amenities that is Alive in Nigerians
Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 5:14pm On Feb 22, 2022
Dawn91:

My brother if a detribalized president gets into Aso rock watch how the SS SE will explode

I am yet to visit Anambra but I have heard amazing things about the place
Anambra is not as aesthetic as Rivers but it has potentials. There are so many Indigenous companies there. The problem i have with the Nigerian structure is that there is no room for creativity or for development. Nigeria is choking the already stressed Human resource we have. The Igbos have a lot to offer but are being caged. isn't it absurd that we don't produce anything, we don't refine our crude please tell me how that is so difficult? we don't even encourage small scale businesses. Imagine Dangote being the only one that imports sugar, cement, and now he has a refinery and assembles cars just because he is from the North. Nigeria is not competitive. Look at South Africa. They have 4 states that are working well and are very beautiful. Lagos and Abuja are not as beautiful as SA. imagine what other states can do if given the freedom? but what do we have, The North is trying so hard to enslave everyone, The SW will support because it benefits them if you doubt it look at Lagos. They think what they have is progress. we are just suffering gradually and depreciating. before you know it, we would be competing with Chad. Oil has been the only factor sustaining Nigeria, if not we would have serious inflation and probably use a wheel barrow of naira to buy bread just like Zimbabwe. cheesy cheesy
Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 5:16pm On Feb 22, 2022
princdebola201:

You couldn't even dispute what i wrote because that is the true state of the lies you wrote.
You literally listed dead infrastructures that has been abandoned by FG decades ago as what made lagos till datecheesy
What you wrote was nonsense. how and where do i start to disprove all that garbage? The painful thing is that you think you destroyed me. you are very funny grin grin grin grin grin
Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by princdebola201(m): 5:19pm On Feb 22, 2022
NimrodEndOfDays:
What you wrote was nonsense. how and where do i start to disprove all that garbage? The painful thing is that you think you destroyed me. you are very funny grin grin grin grin grin
ok let take it one after the other.

In what capacity did Awolowo relocate major oil companies to lagos?

8 Likes

Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 5:21pm On Feb 22, 2022
princdebola201:
ok let take it one after the other.

In what capacity did Awolowo relocate major oil companies to lagos?
As the finance minister . undecided
Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by BluntTheApostle(m): 5:26pm On Feb 22, 2022
NimrodEndOfDays:
Now compare SA with three cities and Nigeria with just one. doesnt that tell you anything? The GDP of Lagos is not realistic in the sense that if Nigeria decides to practice true federalism, do you in all honesty think Lagos would be among top 5 richest state in Nigeria? it would go to the Niger Delta states. The population in Lagos is as a result of over concentration of infrastructural development by the FG in Lagos and by the British during colonialism. if you notice, Ports are working only in Lagos, before the major international Airport was Muritala. let there be an even development let us know the true nature of the performance of all 36 state in Nigeria.

I didn't read your post properly.
Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by Dawn91(m): 5:28pm On Feb 22, 2022
NimrodEndOfDays:
Anambra is not as aesthetic as Rivers but it has potentials. There are so many Indigenous companies there. The problem i have with the Nigerian structure is that there is no room for creativity or for development. Nigeria is choking the already stressed Human resource we have. The Igbos have a lot to offer but are being caged. isn't it absurd that we don't produce anything, we don't refine our crude please tell me how that is so difficult? we don't even encourage small scale businesses. Imagine Dangote being the only one that imports sugar, cement, and now he has a refinery and assembles cars just because he is from the North. Nigeria is not competitive. Look at South Africa. They have 4 states that are working well and are very beautiful. Lagos and Abuja are not as beautiful as SA. imagine what other states can do if given the freedom? but what do we have, The North is trying so hard to enslave everyone, The SW will support because it benefits them if you doubt it look at Lagos. They think what they have is progress. we are just suffering gradually and depreciating. before you know it, we would be competing with Chad. Oil has been the only factor sustaining Nigeria, if not we would have serious inflation and probably use a wheel barrow of naira to buy bread just like Zimbabwe. cheesy cheesy

I agree alot with your points. But you and I know the whole thing is about to crumble. Because the very nature of the cycle of life , rise and fall of empires and the laws of nature it self ensure that all things are born grow ripen then decay.

The era of Fulani supremacy is at an end the hand writing is on the wall. The Yoruba have a choice finally eschew tribalism and deciet and embrace truth and liberalism or fall with the Fulani.

I fore see revolution in Nigeria , not the violent sort sowore or Nnamdi Kanu sought but one where the intellectuals take over from the thugs and mediocre propagandists.

The era of touts like Oluomo and orji uzor kalu hugging the limelight is at an end my bro

We are embarking into a new era....the moment Buhari came into power I knew a paradigm shift was abound.
Check history, for anything new the old must decay crash and burn , last time buhari was in power he messed things up and he was kicked out via coup, that was the error they should have allowed him mess up everything but instead we cut short our lesson, hence he had to come back to complete the lesson.

Watch whoever takes over will inherit the most unstable quickening Nigeria ever hence it can't be business as usual... Because there is so mucn terror abound , ISWAP, bokoharam, ipob, Igboho ,bandits etc

The person will be forced for the first time to do what soludo did, call technocrats and graduates to come help .

So in a way buhari was used to fulfill the good off Nigeria .

Belive from these ashes a new Nigeria will be born

Strange alliances will be formed , the era of propaganda from the southwest is at an end . Can't you see how all the myths they spun for decades have some how been burst within this buhari's era?

For decades they painted themselves as saints but the world has seen as regards fraud and human rituals its cultural to them.

They painted your tribe the Igbos as the worst in Nigeria .. but day by day People have started to see that you guys are not bad as they claimed.

Without any effort truth is rising everywhere.

The end of Fulani dominance is nigh

2 Likes

Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by Nobody: 5:30pm On Feb 22, 2022
NimrodEndOfDays:
like 3 people have quoted me and they were all yapping nonsense including you. you want to use insult to escape abi? grin grin grin

Ask what you wanna ask and don't disappoint me wink
Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 5:30pm On Feb 22, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

Go and read about the economy of Lagos and see whether oil is among the generator of wealth in Lagos state.

With or without oil, Lagos will top the states in Nigeria.

Lagos will top but will not be able to compete with the Niger delta if they controlled their resources. Its like you dont know the immense power of petrodollars tongue
Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by BluntTheApostle(m): 5:33pm On Feb 22, 2022
NimrodEndOfDays:
Lagos will top but will not be able to compete with the Niger delta if they controlled their resources. Its like you dont know the immense power of petrodollars tongue

I have modified my earlier post. I didn't read your post through.

Yes. Just like you wrote, if they control their resources

But I doubt they would be able to.
Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 5:33pm On Feb 22, 2022
Dawn91:

I agree alot with your points. But you and I know the whole thing is about to crumble. Because the very nature of the cycle of life , rise and fall of empires and the laws of nature it self ensure that all things are born grow ripen then decay.

The era of Fulani supremacy is at an end the hand writing is on the wall. The Yoruba have a choice finally eschew tribalism and deciet and embrace truth and liberalism or fall with the Fulani.

I fore see revolution in Nigeria , not the violent sort sowore or Nnamdi Kanu sought but one where the intellectuals take over from the thugs and mediocre propagandists.

The era of touts like Oluomo and orji uzor kalu hugging the limelight is at an end my bro

We are embarking into a new era....the moment Buhari came into power I knew a paradigm shift was abound.
Check history, for anything new the old must decay crash and burn , last time buhari was in power he messed things up and he was kicked out via coup, that was the error they should have allowed him mess up everything but instead we cut short our lesson, hence he had to come back to complete the lesson.

Watch whoever takes over will inherit the most unstable quickening Nigeria ever hence it can't be business as usual... Because there is so mucn terror abound , ISWAP, bokoharam, ipob, Igboho ,bandits etc

The person will be forced for the first time to do what soludo did, call technocrats and graduates to come help .

So in a way buhari was used to fulfill the good off Nigeria .

Belive from these ashes a new Nigeria will be born

Strange alliances will be formed , the era of propaganda from the southwest is at an end . Can't you see how all the myths they spun for decades have some how been burst within this buhari's era?

For decades they painted themselves as saints but the world has seen as regards fraud and human rituals its cultural to them.

They painted your tribe the Igbos as the worst in Nigeria .. but day by day People have started to see that you guys are not bad as they claimed.

Without any effort truth is rising everywhere.

The end of Fulani dominance is nigh
i dont know about a new Nigeria, but i know that the era of monopoly of information will not be sustained. we are in the information age. Nigeria cannot be better. if you force it, there would be crises.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023: It's A Takeover Year For APGA In Abia - Chairman, Ehiemere Vows / Reuben Abati: Tinubu Never Said He Is 71, Its Just A Minor Eror In His Documents / The Only Way To Nullify Tinubu Victory At Tribunal.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.