Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,412 members, 7,830,093 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

African Cities With The Highest GDP - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / African Cities With The Highest GDP (3023 Views)

Nigeria's Highest GDP Rate (4.21%) From 2015-2019 Was Our Lowest (1999-2015) / Reno Omokri: Nigeria Recorded Highest GDP Growth When Igbos Returned To Biafria / Akwa Ibom emerge Highest GDP while Bayelsa best Per Capital In South East Nig (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 5:36pm On Feb 22, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

I have modified my earlier post. I didn't read your post through.

Yes. Just like you wrote, if they control their resources

But I doubt they would be able to.

Just imagine what Donald duke would have done with the crude oil money? imagine what Attah would have done with Oil money? imagine what Akpabio would have done or Amaechi? my guy, people would run from lagos. i have friends back then who we all grew up together, they relocated to Abuja back in the 90s when Abuja became FCT.

1 Like

Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by princdebola201(m): 5:38pm On Feb 22, 2022
NimrodEndOfDays:
As the finance minister . undecided
awolowo served under a military regime that's not possible.

1 Like

Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 5:39pm On Feb 22, 2022
princdebola201:
Are you seriously Kidding me right now? undecided
Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by basty: 5:41pm On Feb 22, 2022
What of Akwa, Onitsha and Nnewi?
Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by princdebola201(m): 5:42pm On Feb 22, 2022
NimrodEndOfDays:
Are you seriously Kidding me right now? undecided
you can do better posting the offical gazette that mandated major oil companies to move to lagos

6 Likes

Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 5:44pm On Feb 22, 2022
princdebola201:
you can do better posting the offical gazette that mandated major oil companies to move to lagos
how do we even converse when you didn't know that Awolowo was finance minister? undecided
Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by gentiles(m): 5:47pm On Feb 22, 2022
NimrodEndOfDays:
Now compare SA with three cities and Nigeria with just one. doesnt that tell you anything? The GDP of Lagos is not realistic in the sense that if Nigeria decides to practice true federalism, do you in all honesty think Lagos would be among top 5 richest state in Nigeria? it would go to the Niger Delta states. The population in Lagos is as a result of over concentration of infrastructural development by the FG in Lagos and by the British during colonialism. if you notice, Ports are working only in Lagos, before the major international Airport was Muritala. let there be an even development let us know the true nature of the performance of all 36 state in Nigeria.
Stop all this lies. Other ports are working. For how long will you guys be circulating this outdated lies.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 5:48pm On Feb 22, 2022
gentiles:

Stop all this lies. Other ports are working. For how long will you guys be circulating this outdated lies.
please name the ports that are working like Lagos? undecided
Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by princdebola201(m): 5:48pm On Feb 22, 2022
NimrodEndOfDays:
how do we even converse when you didn't know that Awolowo was finance minister? undecided
never disputed awo served under gowon .
I only asked you to provide evidence awo was responsible for relocation of oil companies to lagos..

It didn't change the fact that what you wrote earlier was concotions of half truth and lies

6 Likes

Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 5:49pm On Feb 22, 2022
princdebola201:
never disputed awo served under gowon .

princdebola201 post=110452219:

Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by gentiles(m): 5:49pm On Feb 22, 2022
NimrodEndOfDays:
Imagine, you have top 10 and SA has 4 states on the List. Nigeria and its fake economy. Even a Dangote Operates a monopoly. how can you have a sharp difference in the top richest africans with dangote as number one and the next Nigerian is far away?? same with states. how can you have just one state in the whole list from the top ten and people are celebrating? SA is the real giant of africa jare undecided
The way you igbos are envious and jealous of Dangote is really shameful. Why do you igbos like attacking any successful person that is not from your ethnic tribe?

4 Likes

Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by princdebola201(m): 5:51pm On Feb 22, 2022
[quote author=NimrodEndOfDays post=110452465][/quote] the context was awolowo doesnt have the sole power to effect the movement of major oil companies in military regime.

4 Likes

Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 5:54pm On Feb 22, 2022
gentiles:

The way you igbos are envious and jealous of Dangote is really shameful. Why do you igbos like attacking any successful person that is not from your ethnic tribe?
No Igbo man is Jealous of Dangote. He has an undue advantage. and i don't understand what you mean by jealous. let everything be transparent and equitable. i don't know why you people enjoy slavery undecided
Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by gentiles(m): 5:55pm On Feb 22, 2022
NimrodEndOfDays:
please name the ports that are working like Lagos? undecided
What sort of outdated question is this?lagos port is not the only functioning port, go and do your research and stop asking silly question. The thread on other functioning ports outside lagos state even made front page sometimes back.

4 Likes

Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 5:58pm On Feb 22, 2022
gentiles:

What sort of outdated question is this?lagos port is not the only functioning port, go and do your research and stop asking silly question. The thread on other functioning ports outside lagos state even made front page sometimes back.
it would have savd you the stress to answer my question than to use unnecessary anger to dodge it. if you knew i was supposed to research why mention me asking unintelligent questions? abeg carry you low IQ comot here. undecided
Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by gentiles(m): 5:58pm On Feb 22, 2022
SlyDev:

I feel more sorry for pregnant women in Abia state collecting 500 after delivery
You are obviously not intelligent to tackle the igbo guy. Call for assistance from your other tribalistic guys. Just look at the response you gave him, your IQ is below par
Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:07pm On Feb 22, 2022
NimrodEndOfDays:
Just imagine what Donald duke would have done with the crude oil money? imagine what Attah would have done with Oil money? imagine what Akpabio would have done or Amaechi? my guy, people would run from lagos. i have friends back then who we all grew up together, they relocated to Abuja back in the 90s when Abuja became FCT.

You certainly have a point.

1 Like

Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by Nosayer: 8:20pm On Feb 22, 2022
NimrodEndOfDays:
Lagos will top but will not be able to compete with the Niger delta if they controlled their resources. Its like you dont know the immense power of petrodollars tongue

I don't like all these arguments but think about it, what is the Niger Delta doing with what they're getting every month given their lesser population?

How is Delta, Rivers and Bayelsa faring today aside from Akwa-Ibom which is coming up? Is it always the problem with the other tribe or FG? Our state governors have failed massively and that's the truth except for a few of them though.

2 Likes

Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by Nobody: 8:39pm On Feb 22, 2022
NimrodEndOfDays:
No Igbo man is Jealous of Dangote. He has an undue advantage. and i don't understand what you mean by jealous. let everything be transparent and equitable. i don't know why you people enjoy slavery undecided

You are jealous of Dangote an Hausa man flooring all of you in business, what you call undue advantage is mental and business prowess that is yielding good result.

Dangote is a blessing to Nigeria

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 11:02pm On Feb 22, 2022
Nosayer:

I don't like all these arguments but think about it, what is the Niger Delta doing with what they're getting every month given their lesser population?

How is Delta, Rivers and Bayelsa faring today aside from Akwa-Ibom which is coming up? Is it always the problem with the other tribe or FG? Our state governors have failed massively and that's the truth except for a few of them though.
By Nigerian standards, the Niger Delta states have tried like Akwa Ibom,Rivers,Cross River etc. What the Niger Delta get is a far cry from what they are supposed to get. Their monies should not be shared amongst states if we were to be practicing federalism and you know it would be non of your business if what we are doing is federalism. Nigeria is a country were it is normal to cheat just because the instrumentality of power reside with those who are parasitic. If the Niger Delta has what they are supposed to get, that region would be number one. I can assure you. Even Lagos has not utilized 60 percent of the funds they get from allocations and IGR and nobody is asking them what they have done with thiers because Lagos with what it has is not supposed to be mediocre with the way it is.
Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 11:07pm On Feb 22, 2022
SlyDev:

You are jealous of Dangote an Hausa man flooring all of you in business, what you call undue advantage is mental and business prowess that is yielding good result.

Dangote is a blessing to Nigeria
if you call what Dangote is doing as being an astute business man then you don't know what you are talking about. Dangote is a freaking monopoly. You cannot tell me that Dangote is the only man with the technical know how to import these items that he imports. He is lucky to be from the North and a Muslim that's his saving grace. Dangote has destroyed small scale businesses.
Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by leksite120(m): 11:32pm On Feb 22, 2022
NimrodEndOfDays:
if you call what Dangote is doing as being an astute business man then you don't know what you are talking about. Dangote is a freaking monopoly. You cannot tell me that Dangote is the only man with the technical know how to import these items that he imports. He is lucky to be from the North and a Muslim that's his saving grace. Dangote has destroyed small scale businesses.
Honestly, it is very saddening the way you people attack and hate Dangote, He's just a successful billionaire. Dangote has started his business as far back as 70s, he did his business under various presidents which some are not even Hausa and he exceled.

You people complain about his high cement price that he's creating monopoly but other cements are even more expensive than his own, and infact the rate he sells cement here is cheaper or equal to his price in other countries. Innoson also produces cars which are very expensive for individual buyers, Airpeace increased his flight rate, you didn't complain, you're saying it's because of the government bad policy . Why can't you make the same excuse for Mr Dangote? Dollar keep rising, economy keeps degrading and every product keeps getting expensive and you still want him not to increase his pricee, haba, this is just pure hate, before you know, you'll start shouting government favoritism, even if government favor him like u said, he certainly worked for it, government also favor innoson.

2 Likes

Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 5:20am On Feb 23, 2022
leksite120:
Honestly, it is very saddening the way you people attack and hate Dangote, He's just a successful billionaire. Dangote has started his business as far back as 70s, he did his business under various presidents which some are not even Hausa and he exceled.

You people complain about his high cement price that he's creating monopoly but other cements are even cheaper than his own, and infact the rate he sells cement here is cheaper or equal to his price in other countries. Innoson also produces cars which are very expensive for individual buyers, Airpeace increased his flight rate, you didn't complain, you're saying it's because of the government bad policy . Why can't you make the same excuse for Mr Dangote? Dollar keep rising, economy keeps degrading and every product keeps getting expensive and you still want him not to increase his pricee, haba, this is just pure hate, before you know, you'll start shouting government favoritism, even if government favor him like u said, he certainly worked for it, government also favor innoson.
this your sentiments and bias is just irritating. That we want a level playing field is now hate? please dont annoy me abeg.
Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by Nobody: 6:26am On Feb 23, 2022
NimrodEndOfDays:
this your sentiments and bias is just irritating. That we want a level playing field is now hate? please dont annoy me abeg.

Na you first start the sentiment, Dangote is a gifted man with good eyesight for business, he saw his chance and took it
Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by leksite120(m): 7:48am On Feb 23, 2022
NimrodEndOfDays:
You want a level playing field but all what you do is spoil other man's achievement and degrade his accomplishments. You're given every level playing field you desire, we all know how things work in this country, everyone fights for it.

1 Like

Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 9:20am On Feb 23, 2022
SlyDev:

Na you first start the sentiment, Dangote is a gifted man with good eyesight for business, he saw his chance and took it
No one said he is a bad business man. all i am saying is that the level of patronage he is given should be given to others. The same way the Northerners are always given preferential treatment in everything they do in Nigeria should be given to others. since 1999 there has been no business man that has received the level of support Dangote has received from the FG. ig you had that support, you would be wealthy too
Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 9:21am On Feb 23, 2022
leksite120:
You want a level playing field but all what you do is spoil other man's achievement and degrade his accomplishments. You're given every level playing field you desire, we all know how things work in this country, everyone fights for it.
if thier was a level playing field i dont care about Dangote. whats my business with him? but for you to say that in the whole Nigeria, from SW,SE,SS that no one is capable of doing what he is doing is a bloody lie. mind you, in ghana, the cement he sells there is cheaper than the one he sells in Nigeria.
Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by leksite120(m): 9:47am On Feb 23, 2022
NimrodEndOfDays:
if thier was a level playing field i dont care about Dangote. whats my business with him? but for you to say that in the whole Nigeria, from SW,SE,SS that no one is capable of doing what he is doing is a bloody lie. mind you, in ghana, the cement he sells there is cheaper than the one he sells in Nigeria.
That's shit. He's just fortunate that his own business hit ahead of others, it doesn't mean that the North are doing better than the south in business. The structure at which the North do their businesses calls for how they do make it so big, they know how to transfer wealth from generation to generations more than the south..
Quit the envy, there's just nobody that has even done or worked as much as he's done in the whole south, that's the fact, his business spread across most African countries, which other Nigerian attain such feat, he has millions if not billions of customers, and you think he doesn't deserve to be there, just point me one Igbo man or southerner that achieve such feat that could make you think he's more worthy of being the richest than Mr Aliko Dangote

2 Likes

Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 9:54am On Feb 23, 2022
[s]
leksite120:
That's shit. He's just fortunate that his own business hit ahead of others, it doesn't mean that the North are doing better than the south in business. The structure at which the North do their businesses calls for how they do make it so big, they know how to transfer wealth from generation to generations more than the south..
Quit the envy, there's just nobody that has even done or worked as much as he's done in the whole south, that's the fact, his business spread across most African countries, which other Nigerian attain such feat, he has millions if not billions of customers, and you think he doesn't deserve to be there, just point me one Igbo man or southerner that achieve such feat that could make you think he's more worthy of being the richest than Mr Aliko Dangote
[/s]i dont think you get it, and probably never will get it
Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by Nobody: 9:55am On Feb 23, 2022
NimrodEndOfDays:
No one said he is a bad business man. all i am saying is that the level of patronage he is given should be given to others. The same way the Northerners are always given preferential treatment in everything they do in Nigeria should be given to others. since 1999 there has been no business man that has received the level of support Dangote has received from the FG. ig you had that support, you would be wealthy too

Use your smart brain to lock dangote out, if not that rest
Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by walemoney007(m): 9:56am On Feb 23, 2022
Sonyboom765:
Over to the jews without a single city on the list. Them go say na afonja media compose am
Don't derail this thread
Re: African Cities With The Highest GDP by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 9:56am On Feb 23, 2022
SlyDev:

Use your smart brain to lock dangote out, if not that rest
here we go again. insults. it shows the level of your IQ. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023 Presidential Election: Opinion Poll In Atiku's State, Adamawa / Peter Obi Supporters Took Up The Work Of A Billboard On Third Mainland Bridge / How Bola Tinubu Used 48 Laws Of Power To Become President - Dr Lexington Steele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.