Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,789 members, 7,817,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country (31972 Views)

Russia Declares Estonia PM, Kaja Kallas Wanted / Russia's Wagner Group Declares War On Russian Army / We Will Take 'Counter Measures' Against Finland - Russia Declares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by Dijaxa: 6:36am On Feb 24, 2022
Oppression of the highest order
Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by JJOF(m): 6:37am On Feb 24, 2022
onatisi:
I must say the west pushed and provoked russia to this war,everyone knew from time immerorial and Russia had also warned about it that she will not allow Ukraine to join NATO and have US or its allies place their military arsenal at her borders .
People can argue about sovereignty or things like that but for national security ,some countries will not allow certain things near their territory eg , Israel will never allow Iran or any other Arab state close to her reach full nuclear weapons capacity.
Putin has always wanted to invade Ukraine. This whole NATO saga just gave him an excuse. And Ukraine not join NATO wasn't the only condition he gave, he wanted NATO to remove states that joined before 1987(I think) from the alliance (why, so that he can achieve is dream of resurrecting the Soviet Union without any stress). Putin has always wanted war.

5 Likes

Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by setobaba: 6:38am On Feb 24, 2022
Mrkumareze:

And bitcoin fluctuating since dis war war began
about the bitcoin, I can really predict the verdict of this war on crypto. I’m also a holder of the coin but instead of the werey coin to gain momentum now na down e dey go.
Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by relaxandsmile: 6:38am On Feb 24, 2022
JJOF:

Well everybody is supposed to be concerned, but that doesn't mean we won't live our lives. We ought to be concerned becaue if this degenerates to a World War, it's going to affect everyone.
I didn't believe in the so called world war! The European have the style of hyping anything that happens within territory as if it is the whole world .We should not reduce the entire world to this.
We must be an onlooker for their show of extreme shame.
Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by greatness77: 6:39am On Feb 24, 2022
Ever8090:
Make Russia no go do make small pikin wey them dey underrate no go use them shine ooo.. e dey happen oooo...
russia will lead d war of armageddon, america will be rendered powerless if dem put body, russia will crush britain within months
Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 6:39am On Feb 24, 2022
Esseite:
The price of crude is about to skyrocket, the Nigerian Govt better take full advantage of it.

Does nigeria have a government of a criminal gang
Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by Edusouls(m): 6:40am On Feb 24, 2022
Hei if have nothing to say just keep quiet what concerns Nigeria and a country in a far away continent
PrinceOfLagos:
Nigerians should be prepared for the unexpected

Don't think because you're in Africa, you're safe .

It is called war for a reason, anything can happen
Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by drmuchin: 6:40am On Feb 24, 2022
Peacezone000:

Not unless you are underage you won't understand how war can damage other nations. As you can see if you did check the news, Ukraine military base was targeted and so will they target their source of Internet. If this turns to world war(God forbid) the first thing to target is each powerful nation's power supply and without their power supply there will be no Internet. Then they will target their source of Internet which I am sure lots of countries are using. Ask the owner of this forum where he got his domain from and which country is hosting his domain. The food supply chain will be targeted economy around the globe will affected. Go and check price of gas now and price of crude compare it with previous prices. Know this and know peace. I pray the war should stop and God should bring peace into our minds. Forgive my typo

War destabilizes world economy, disrupts supply of essential commodities.
I am particular about Russian natural gas supply to Europe

1 Like

Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by ayindejimmy(m): 6:41am On Feb 24, 2022
planetx:
I know, they are of little usefulness to NATO. They were just allowed to join NATO to provoke and poke Russia. Most of the countries in NATO are totally useless militarily. Latvia, Estonia, Poland, Albania lol what a joke.

Look up Poland and WW2

Ukraine is small and not even a member of NATO but they aren't taking it lightly.

Now, actually invade a member state

1 Like

Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by FaithBrain1994(m): 6:41am On Feb 24, 2022
Putin has been seeking an opportunity to experiment his military might in a bid to reduce his armament which he's never been tired of stockpiling over the years. Ukraine are just unfortunate this is happening under a fragile and timid Biden who does nothing than speaking "english upandown" without no reasonable action to clampdown on Russian military hegemony. I bet this Putin can't try this with Trump. The military council of the UN should act swiftly.
Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by relaxandsmile: 6:41am On Feb 24, 2022
ayindejimmy:

All other problems will fly away once this degenerates into WW
Please stop calling it world war. It is Europe War. We must stop seeing the world through the European prism.

1 Like

Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by JJOF(m): 6:43am On Feb 24, 2022
juman:
Blame america not russia.
Russians are defending themselves against america aggression.
SHUT UP YOUR MOUTH E. Rubbish. Like say we no get access to information. Has Ukraine JOINED NATO? Why is Putin asking for an impossible offer if he truly doesn't want to invade Ukraine? Is it American troops Putin is bombing in Ukraine. Abeg GTF. Yeye. Always rooting for oppressors. He too sure me die say if some of una dey alive during Hitler time, una go support am, talmbout "France, Britain and the League of Nations are not fair to Germany, that's why Hitler is invading and killing".

3 Likes

Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by Bestbeelieve: 6:44am On Feb 24, 2022
you guys just talking and talking.....russia is already surrounded. ukraine has a right to join any alliance they want. They are not like minded just like the north and south of this country! the only solution for putin was a diplomatic one but since he is a lunatic he has fallen into their trap! and he will be dealt with! it was common knowledge here even days before that he was gonna declare independent republics! it was no shock they predict his every move and even tell him the time hes gonna attack. he played into their hands and he will regret his stupidity. hes acting on emotions and not sensible strategy!
some of you are saying ethic russians bulshit that dont exist, everyone speaks russian and are in some way or other of russian origin. the so called russians in those states are of a tiny minority and if they so desire to be russians why not cross the border and live in peace.
putin is a lunatic and like every world dictator he will get his reward!

you should be more worried because if there is no cease fire count yourself among the common wealth volunteer force that will be sent to burma!
kingthreat:

Exactly. Russia is protecting her interests. The West wanted Russia to be surrounded by NATO-allied countries that will weaken the Kremlin. Ukraine chose to be a pawn. Thing is any Western country that sticks her nose in this war would collect.

4 Likes

Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 6:44am On Feb 24, 2022
Xirola:
It has finally gotten out of hand. Another world war is coming.

God help us. Make Nigeria no dey involved. If not, we're finished.

Na nigeria go finish not my land

1 Like

Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by onatisi(m): 6:45am On Feb 24, 2022
erniok:
This issue is about Minsk protocol. A simple google would have shown what the whole debacle is all about. This particular one.
Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by onatisi(m): 6:46am On Feb 24, 2022
Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by onatisi(m): 6:46am On Feb 24, 2022
JJOF:

Putin has always wanted to invade Ukraine. This whole NATO saga just gave him an excuse. And Ukraine not join NATO wasn't the only condition he gave, he wanted NATO to remove states that joined before 1987(I think) from the alliance (why, so that he can achieve is dream of resurrecting the Soviet Union without any stress). Putin has always wanted war.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/the-historical-dispute-behind-russias-threat-to-invade-ukraine/amp
Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by ayindejimmy(m): 6:47am On Feb 24, 2022
greatness77:
russia will lead d war of armageddon, america will be rendered powerless if dem put body, russia will crush britain within months

This was exactly what Hitler planned.
But he underestimated Great Britain

2 Likes

Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by juman(m): 6:47am On Feb 24, 2022
God bless putin.
Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by koolaid87: 6:53am On Feb 24, 2022
And all the equities market just crashed lol
Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by Difrent: 6:53am On Feb 24, 2022
relaxandsmile:

I honestly read all these news, but what does my worries do in any case? We have more problems here that should burden us more. That is what I am talking about.

Why do you think Gas price has increased?....its has even trippled in price in europe....its because of this war. What makes the price increase mild is because we have about 50% local production capacity via NLNG.
We will also gain from this war because crude oil price will jump
Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by ochiosa(m): 6:59am On Feb 24, 2022
When US told the world that Putin is going to invade ukrine in few days people said they are raising fake alarm. Now we are there, so what next?

2 Likes

Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by relaxandsmile: 6:59am On Feb 24, 2022
Difrent:

Why do you think Gas price has increased?....its has even trippled in price in europe....its because of this war. What makes the price increase mild is because we have about 50% local production capacity via NLNG.
We will also gain from this war because crude oil price will jump
Your last sentence is what thrills me most. That should be our utmost interest. That have been their approach to any conflicts all over the world - what they stand to gain.
On the issue of gas, maybe this will lead us to self sufficiency.

1 Like

Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by noskcid(m): 6:59am On Feb 24, 2022
Before now, my people go stay there say nothing dey happen.
I predict that this war is shifting to USA soon.
Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by tsinzu: 7:00am On Feb 24, 2022
Biden should be there doing sanctions
Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by timefarm(m): 7:01am On Feb 24, 2022
sanpipita:
Western propaganda, Russia are never looking for war, it's USA and it's allies that are provoking them
You guys should just shut up.

Despite bombing and gun shot in the capital, is peace they want abi?
Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by TenQ: 7:02am On Feb 24, 2022
setobaba:
Nigeria and few more nations will benefit from the war, crude oil going up more
No sir.
We also inport petrol, diesel and kerosene. All our industries depending on inports: the kind of inflation you will see when!!
Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by tsinzu: 7:02am On Feb 24, 2022
Xirola:
It has finally gotten out of hand. Another world war is coming.

God help us. Make Nigeria no dey involved. If not, we're finished.
There's no world war coming, biden is a coward, he won't lift a finger to do anything beyond sanctions.
Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by Guyman02: 7:03am On Feb 24, 2022
Let's see how US troops will fight Russia, shebi we have been warning those puppets in Kiev cheesy
Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by onyxo76(m): 7:04am On Feb 24, 2022
the 2 previous world wars all started from europe as a result of one country trying to annex another...
Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by AmazonTopaz(f): 7:08am On Feb 24, 2022
TheKing4040:

Why are you so dumb.. With everything starring you in the face you still not get sense, how is this propaganda now, Russia is already in Ukraine and you call this propaganda..mugu like you voted buhari and still see nothing wrong with the suffering everywhere.. I wonder how Nigeria go better with apes and dullards like you
He was being sarcastic
Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by TheKing4040(m): 7:11am On Feb 24, 2022
AmazonTopaz:

He was being sarcastic

He was not, I recognize and know sarcasm when I see one.. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

US Opens Up On Why Nigeria Cancelled Military Training / Hillary Clinton Claps Back At Donald Trump On Twitter / Sasha Obama Absent At Obama’s Farewell Address Due To Her Exam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.