Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,507 members, 7,826,920 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country (32025 Views)

Russia Declares Estonia PM, Kaja Kallas Wanted / Russia's Wagner Group Declares War On Russian Army / We Will Take 'Counter Measures' Against Finland - Russia Declares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by erniok(m): 6:26am On Feb 24, 2022
ayindejimmy:

Putin is a fool.,

And this is why

Let's say this is about Russia fearing a NATO country being it's border. So the solution is to annex Ukraine and become bordered by 4 NATO nations?
What sense does that make?
It has nothing to do with NATO. Read up the Minsk protocol.
Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by Peacezone000(m): 6:26am On Feb 24, 2022
Praying for peace to reign is what we can do from our end. Yes we got our own challenges too.

relaxandsmile:

I understand all these could happen,but I just look at how our worries have any impact on these. We can't stop anything from happening. So why burden ourselves too much when there are very urgent things that our actions can change immediately.
And these people will stop it before it gets to that alarming level.
Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by Gben5: 6:26am On Feb 24, 2022
Ever8090:
Make Russia no go do make small pikin wey them dey underrate no go use them shine ooo.. e dey happen oooo...
NO BE LIE OH...I BELIEVE
Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by AchalugoNwa(f): 6:26am On Feb 24, 2022
Doyou2019:

Why you dey advertise him tomfoolery though? Ain't no one give a rat ass about the opinions of stupid BMCs.
God bless you.

Nobody takes helinues serious
he cures depression with nairaland

1 Like

Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by Earthstorms(m): 6:26am On Feb 24, 2022
seunlayi:

https://kyivindependent.com/uncategorized/putin-declares-war-on-ukraine/

They should have found a peaceful way to resolve this. I guess NATO will be happy now, keeping Russia occupied with his neighbour.
Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by ayindejimmy(m): 6:26am On Feb 24, 2022
When I was calling Putin another Hitler, Igbos were blabbing.

What's the gain of this war if not to massage his ego?

3 Likes

Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by onatisi(m): 6:27am On Feb 24, 2022
erniok:

This is not about NATO, you guys should read.
It is about NATO ,that was what caused the argument initially ,Ukraine wanted to join ,Russia said no and warned that she will attack Ukraine if it continues with that plan.
Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by Difrent: 6:27am On Feb 24, 2022
relaxandsmile:

All these other news you are talking about doesn't concern me... though I know about them as long as they are in the news,but I don't burden myself with them. There are far more important issues that catch my time than a stupid white supremacy fights.

Its actually not white supremacy fight.....but fight for territory and resources. And also an avenue to test new weapons by both western powers and Russia. This was the same thing that has destroyed Syria
You should as an african be concerneed with this kind of world news because the effects on Africa is more than you can imagine.

2 Likes

Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by planetx: 6:28am On Feb 24, 2022
ayindejimmy:

Putin is a fool.,

And this is why

Let's say this is about Russia fearing a NATO country being it's border. So the solution is to annex Ukraine and become bordered by 4 NATO nations?
What sense does that make?
None of those 4 countries are of strategic importance like Ukraine. If they step out line which is unlikely they will be annexed too.
Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by ayindejimmy(m): 6:28am On Feb 24, 2022
Let's see how Russia , China and NK will succeeded in fighting the whole world

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by kingthreat(m): 6:28am On Feb 24, 2022
erniok:

This is not about NATO, you guys should read.

It is about many things. NATO and EU is a major part. Tell your family members to read.
Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by relaxandsmile: 6:29am On Feb 24, 2022
pacesetting:
Your perception is too weak. Do you know how many Nigerians are living in Ukraine?
Perception too weak?! You don't know me then. And the Nigerians there are more than the ones living here facing extreme hardship? It is inferiority complex that is doing most of us honestly.
Burden yourself with a solution to your problems rather than shouting up and down on people who doesn't know that you exist.

1 Like

Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 6:31am On Feb 24, 2022
kingthreat:

How will Ukraine win?
With Nato
Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by JJOF(m): 6:31am On Feb 24, 2022
seunlayi:

https://kyivindependent.com/uncategorized/putin-declares-war-on-ukraine/
Where are those Putin's lovers who were mocking the US for "spreading fear". Shey una say Putin no dey invade?

3 Likes

Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by RedEnergy: 6:31am On Feb 24, 2022
This is a war America CANNOT afford, literally. Their hasty withdrawal from Afghanistan due to taliban full takeover and without any military response has shown that they don't have the money or morale to fight another prolonged war. Russia is very fresh, very prepared, very armed. They will take over those breakaway regions and nothing will happen. The West are to be blamed for this. You can't gang up in the name of NATO to surround a country like Russia with WMDs and expect they will just lie down and do nothing. Russia is not an enemy. The Democrats are war hawks that love to profit from wars and they will push America to a war that will eventually destroy their empire like the Roman Empire. The US army is stretched as it is policing the world.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by erniok(m): 6:31am On Feb 24, 2022
kingthreat:

It is about many things. NATO and EU is a major part. Tell your family members to read.
You should tell that to your family members. Its about the Minsk protocol that Putin declared on 22nd that its no longer existing before sending in Russian troops into donbass.
Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by ayindejimmy(m): 6:32am On Feb 24, 2022
planetx:
None of those 4 countries are of strategic importance like Ukraine. If they step out line which is unlikely they will be annexed too.

They're all NATO Members and not just about to join
Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by rajiedreez: 6:32am On Feb 24, 2022
Where are all those "don't mess with USA people"
Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by relaxandsmile: 6:32am On Feb 24, 2022
Difrent:

Its actually not white supremacy fight.....but fight for territory and resources. And also an avenue to test new weapons by both western powers and Russia. This was the same thing that has destroyed Syria
You should as an african be concerneed with this kind of world news because the effects on Africa is more than you can imagine.

I honestly read all these news, but what does my worries do in any case? We have more problems here that should burden us more. That is what I am talking about.
Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by JJOF(m): 6:32am On Feb 24, 2022
relaxandsmile:
As usual, the black man has forgotten their own problems. See how Nigeria is upside down and we are talking about people that probably doesn't know that we exist.
Well everybody is supposed to be concerned, but that doesn't mean we won't live our lives. We ought to be concerned becaue if this degenerates to a World War, it's going to affect everyone.

1 Like

Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by onatisi(m): 6:32am On Feb 24, 2022
erniok:

This particular invasion is not about NATO, rather its about minsk protocol that Russia claims Ukraine violated.
Russia is only using that as an excise, try and read the history of this crisis,it has been on for years more than 7 years now . Russia has always been against the expansion of NATO along her borders and has continually warned that she can't afford to have American troops stationed right on her borders all under the pretex of NATO

1 Like

Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by JJOF(m): 6:33am On Feb 24, 2022
sanpipita:
Western propaganda, Russia are never looking for war, it's USA and it's allies that are provoking them
CLOWN

2 Likes

Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by Mrkumareze(m): 6:33am On Feb 24, 2022
setobaba:
Nigeria and few more nations will benefit from the war, crude oil going up more

And bitcoin fluctuating since dis war war began
Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by ayindejimmy(m): 6:33am On Feb 24, 2022
erniok:

You should tell that to your family members. Its about the Minsk protocol that Putin declared on 22nd that its no longer existing before sending in Russian troops into donbass.

That's just an excuse.

It's actually Putin that violated it by declaring support for a rebel group

2 Likes

Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by erniok(m): 6:33am On Feb 24, 2022
onatisi:

It is about NATO ,that was what caused the argument initially ,Ukraine wanted to join ,Russia said no and warned that she will attack Ukraine if it continues with that plan.
Really, a link please to this since its about joining or not joining NATO.
Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by jidxin(m): 6:33am On Feb 24, 2022
seunlayi:
thank for saying this, many don't understand
we are safe.. There is no way it can extend to Africa except economically it either boost it or mar it...
Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by perdollar(m): 6:34am On Feb 24, 2022
China WL b watching wt interest. Taiwan WL hope that the West responds perfectly. Covid started in China n we were like it's far away. Then it came knocking on our doors. This conflict has d potential of doing same, this could b WW3

1 Like

Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by JJOF(m): 6:34am On Feb 24, 2022
Benesis:
But y NATO accept Ukraine?
Abeg which century you come from?
Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by planetx: 6:35am On Feb 24, 2022
ayindejimmy:

They're all NATO Members and not just about to join
I know, they are of little usefulness to NATO. They were just allowed to join NATO to provoke and poke Russia. Most of the countries in NATO are totally useless militarily. Latvia, Estonia, Poland, Albania lol what a joke.
Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by rajiedreez: 6:35am On Feb 24, 2022
ayindejimmy:
Let's see how Russia , China and NK will succeeded in fighting the whole world
which whole world
Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by ayindejimmy(m): 6:35am On Feb 24, 2022
relaxandsmile:

I honestly read all these news, but what does my worries do in any case? We have more problems here that should burden us more. That is what I am talking about.

All other problems will fly away once this degenerates into WW
Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by erniok(m): 6:36am On Feb 24, 2022
onatisi:

Russia is only using that as an excise, try and read the history of this crisis,it has been on for years more than 7 years now . Russia has always been against the expansion of NATO along her borders and has continually warned that she can't afford to have American troops stationed right on her borders all under the pretex of NATO
This issue is about Minsk protocol. A simple google would have shown what the whole debacle is all about. This particular one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Hillary Clinton Claps Back At Donald Trump On Twitter / US Opens Up On Why Nigeria Cancelled Military Training / Sasha Obama Absent At Obama’s Farewell Address Due To Her Exam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.