Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,074 members, 7,828,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Discrimination Based On Physical Appearance In Lagos Night Clubs! - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Discrimination Based On Physical Appearance In Lagos Night Clubs! (13316 Views)

Ooni Of Ife Oba Enitan Ogunwusi Makes 1st Public Appearance A Day After Secret C / Ethnic Groups And Physical Appearance / Africa NightLife/Night clubs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Discrimination Based On Physical Appearance In Lagos Night Clubs! by Dotman01(m): 9:02am On Jun 28, 2011
ikoha:

guy, this is the dumbest fairy-tale i have read in a long time, haba, no be the same lagos clubs me i dey go? from mainland to island, as long as you dont wear a bathroom slippers, palm slippers, a short( for guys), or dressed like a christian mother attending an august meeting(for ladies), you are welcome to any public nite club in lagos. mind you that as you enter the club it is not written on your face whether your are a driver, a mechanic, a refuse collector, a pilot, or an armed robber. people that come on their legediz benz are allowed entrance let alone someone that drives even though na molue or keke, i bet you the bouncers will even usher you inside and insist that the dj plays you 'black and yellow' by whiz khalifa. moreover, in the worst case scenario, those bouncers collect tips. they even do pay for two and get one free. i have seen people wearing agbada, konkosa, some wore suits like a banker on a monday morning, and some in long garments like a reverend father or a jewish rabbi in high profile clubs in lagos, thanks to the egunje the bouncer collect.

you guys should know the kind of nonsense you post here oooo, and stop provoking people unnecessarily.
. . . True talk, abi no be naija where everything goes?
Re: Discrimination Based On Physical Appearance In Lagos Night Clubs! by Nobody: 9:13am On Jun 28, 2011
ikoha:

guy, this is the dumbest fairy-tale i have read in a long time, haba, no be the same lagos clubs me i dey go? from mainland to island, as long as you dont wear a bathroom slippers, palm slippers, a short( for guys), or dressed like a christian mother attending an august meeting(for ladies), you are welcome to any public nite club in lagos. mind you that as you enter the club it is not written on your face whether your are a driver, a mechanic, a refuse collector, a pilot, or an armed robber. people that come on their legediz benz are allowed entrance let alone someone that drives even though na molue or keke, i bet you the bouncers will even usher you inside and insist that the dj plays you 'black and yellow' by whiz khalifa. moreover, in the worst case scenario, those bouncers collect tips. they even do pay for two and get one free. i have seen people wearing agbada, konkosa, some wore suits like a banker on a monday morning, and some in long garments like a reverend father or a jewish rabbi in high profile clubs in lagos, thanks to the egunje the bouncer collect.

you guys should know the kind of nonsense you post here oooo, and stop provoking people unnecessarily.

Dumb post of you, there is a Club in Ikeja, i dont remember the name, i tell you the bouncers will bounce you, not for dick heads
Re: Discrimination Based On Physical Appearance In Lagos Night Clubs! by LongOne1(m): 9:15am On Jun 28, 2011
dmz:

How did all the bouncers know he is a driver? a good majority of clubs, you can't find parking space anywhere close to the front door.
This might just be the problem; maybe he introduced the guy to the bouncer as ‘my driver’ as it should not have happened after he dressed the guy up.
As per big boy thinking - "this is my friend Emeka (for example) and this is my driver.
Re: Discrimination Based On Physical Appearance In Lagos Night Clubs! by catso(m): 9:24am On Jun 28, 2011
ikoha:

I don't believe this story, haba no be same Lagos!
I agree with Ikoha,
Re: Discrimination Based On Physical Appearance In Lagos Night Clubs! by tEsLim(m): 9:34am On Jun 28, 2011
Well truely they bounce by look. There was a night at Soul Lounge or maybe News Cafe. This guy came he was looking bleached with jerry curls and flash igbo man belt with all those aba blings. He was bounced! BUt this guy was shocked he looked at himself several time and was like "Abi dem no see how i baff up reach?" and wanted entry by force. The bouncers have a way of analyzing people. They even can tell if you live around lekki/ikoyi/vi axises and if you where coming from deep deep mainland like mazamaza , iyana ipaja and things.

1 Like

Re: Discrimination Based On Physical Appearance In Lagos Night Clubs! by Nobody: 9:36am On Jun 28, 2011
lol
Re: Discrimination Based On Physical Appearance In Lagos Night Clubs! by sizzlers(m): 9:38am On Jun 28, 2011
may be na outside lagos the thing happen
Re: Discrimination Based On Physical Appearance In Lagos Night Clubs! by phillipe: 10:01am On Jun 28, 2011
Yuo know how dumb some (NOT ALL O!!) Some of these ajebutters can be.
The Guy must have told the bouncer that the GUY IS HIS DRIVER.
The simple reason he were bounced
Re: Discrimination Based On Physical Appearance In Lagos Night Clubs! by phillipe: 10:11am On Jun 28, 2011
Yuo You know how dumb some (NOT ALL O!!) Some of these ajebutters can be.
The Guy must have told the bouncer that the GUY IS HIS DRIVER.
The simple reason he they were was bounced
Re: Discrimination Based On Physical Appearance In Lagos Night Clubs! by snthesis(m): 10:16am On Jun 28, 2011
tEsLim:

Well truely they bounce by look. There was a night at Soul Lounge or maybe News Cafe. This guy came he was looking bleached with jerry curls and flash igbo man belt with all those aba blings. He was bounced! BUt this guy was shocked he looked at himself several time and was like "Abi dem no see how i baff up reach?" and wanted entry by force. The bouncers have a way of analyzing people. They even can tell if you live around lekki/ikoyi/vi axises and if you where coming from deep deep mainland like mazamaza , iyana ipaja and things.

def soul lounge grin
d bouncers for Autolounge mean as well grin grin
Re: Discrimination Based On Physical Appearance In Lagos Night Clubs! by sylve11: 11:35am On Jun 28, 2011
lol @ some of dem comments. . . . . .

it happened in of d clubs in waffi last year December, where a guy was bounced cos he loooks so di.ckish. i felt sorry 4 dis guy. if man no fat dem nor come dey respect am? grin grin grin cool
Re: Discrimination Based On Physical Appearance In Lagos Night Clubs! by baslone: 11:40am On Jun 28, 2011
ikoha:

Guy!!! I don't know about the nite life at Egbeda or Abule egba!

I have seen it happening at Cubes and ordinary Swe-bar!
Believe dat!
Re: Discrimination Based On Physical Appearance In Lagos Night Clubs! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:11pm On Jun 28, 2011
baslone:

Guy!!! I don't know about the nite life at Egbeda or Abule egba!

I have seen it happening at Cubes and ordinary Swe-bar!
Believe dat!

Bros it happened at Swe-bar and this time it was two girls - from Abidjan. cute French girls with long braids and light dressing . the bouncers told nme they did not look right for Swe-bar shocked Unfuckinbelievable!
Re: Discrimination Based On Physical Appearance In Lagos Night Clubs! by baslone: 12:27pm On Jun 28, 2011
Don't mind Ikoha!

dunno about now! upstairs silverbird galleria! You'l be bounced in the midst of your friends!
Re: Discrimination Based On Physical Appearance In Lagos Night Clubs! by campbell05: 12:50pm On Jun 28, 2011
It's Everywhere, You don't necessarily need to meet the standard of dressing but you're expected to dressed at least in a party outfit or decent. why would they allow a man wearing bath room sleperz to a club?
Re: Discrimination Based On Physical Appearance In Lagos Night Clubs! by Princek12(m): 12:54pm On Jun 28, 2011
baslone:

Don't mind Ikoha!

dunno about now! upstairs silverbird galleria! You'l be bounced in the midst of your friends!

It sucks, but I did not know that bouncing people because they don't look "Behind" is common now in Lagos. I guess the bouncers feel like they are not the kind of guys who will have money to pop bottles of Moet and Hennessy.
Re: Discrimination Based On Physical Appearance In Lagos Night Clubs! by Outstrip(f): 1:35pm On Jun 28, 2011
It took me a second to understand what "ashy" meant lipsrsealed If the driver was not dressed properly then I guess it is undersatndable. I think that goes for clubs everywhere. Not just in Nigeria
Re: Discrimination Based On Physical Appearance In Lagos Night Clubs! by ikoha: 2:27pm On Jun 28, 2011
tEsLim:

from your comment, the guy dressed like boy alinco in papa ajasco and friends, which means the guy dressed like a clown, and no serious bouncer in a serious club will welcome a clown who might later on go from one corner to corner to beg for drinks and money. atleast, somebody going to a club is supposed to be in a decent party wears, but if you a public figure or a regular caller at the club whom the bouncers know your spending capacity, then you can afford to dress as weird as Denrele or Terry G. But the problem i have with this post is that he said they bounced the driver at the first club, they went home and, presumably, changed into an outfit that complimented the night and the occasion, and low and behold he was bounced again at the second club, why? he was a driver. was he wearing a tag that read Member, Nigerian Union of Road transport Workers? my point is that i ahve not seen a person who dressed decently to the club being bounced out of the club.
Re: Discrimination Based On Physical Appearance In Lagos Night Clubs! by vislabraye(m): 2:29pm On Jun 28, 2011
Una dey complain? There's a social website in US where some accounts were closed based on looks.

I no go too blame the bouncers. There are some very very razz people who can misbehave. Looks matter a lot.
Re: Discrimination Based On Physical Appearance In Lagos Night Clubs! by tpia5: 2:53pm On Jun 28, 2011
Op

i find it hard to believe how incredibly d.aft people can be.

For real, your friend thinks its ok to ply his driver with alcohol and hookers and he thinks he's doing somebody a favour?

Seriously, how s.tupid can people get?

And is that the kind of help the driver needs?

Is that what they call help these days?
Re: Discrimination Based On Physical Appearance In Lagos Night Clubs! by tpia5: 2:54pm On Jun 28, 2011
Are there breathalizers in nigeria i wonder.
Re: Discrimination Based On Physical Appearance In Lagos Night Clubs! by Pennywise(m): 2:59pm On Jun 28, 2011
tpia are U not taking this weee bit too personal. It did didnt look like anything was being imposed on driver. You sound like driver was being asked to do what he abhored.
tpia@:

And is that the kind of help the driver needs?

Does being poor prevent anybody from having a good time? Afterall money is useless if it doesnt bring desired worldly pleasures
Re: Discrimination Based On Physical Appearance In Lagos Night Clubs! by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jun 28, 2011
Story story,
@OP, you think you can deceive everybody with this your tales by moonlight story? How can a bouncer at a club call another in a different club to look out for a driver? I beg find something else do
Re: Discrimination Based On Physical Appearance In Lagos Night Clubs! by hazelle: 3:07pm On Jun 28, 2011
There's absolutely nothing wrong with this story 'cept of course the fact that your friend thought it wise to take a driver with him to the club.  who does that?? Bouncing happens everywhere.

@koastar, u might want to read thru again. i dont remember reading that the bouncers made any call.

1 Like

Re: Discrimination Based On Physical Appearance In Lagos Night Clubs! by Andrew3(m): 3:08pm On Jun 28, 2011
the d i c kheads called bouncers are so hartless and rude
Re: Discrimination Based On Physical Appearance In Lagos Night Clubs! by Pennywise(m): 3:11pm On Jun 28, 2011
koastar:

Story story,
@OP, you think you can deceive everybody with this your tales by moonlight story? How can a bouncer at a club call another in a different club to look out for a driver? I beg find something else do
The tory get k-leg sha.

But he seem to be trying to convey the impression that this behaviour has become a norm among bouncers
Re: Discrimination Based On Physical Appearance In Lagos Night Clubs! by playboy19(m): 3:40pm On Jun 28, 2011
Pennywise:

The tory get k-leg sha.

But he seem to be trying to convey the impression that this behaviour has become a norm among bouncers

Ofcourse that's their job. To bounce anyone they feel doesn't quality to enter the club.
Re: Discrimination Based On Physical Appearance In Lagos Night Clubs! by MMM2(m): 3:47pm On Jun 28, 2011
Ok am tired. angry
Re: Discrimination Based On Physical Appearance In Lagos Night Clubs! by 9dynasty(m): 3:49pm On Jun 28, 2011
::Andrew:::

the d i c kheads called bouncers are so hartless and rude
^^hahahaha no doubt them don bonce you tire-bounce na your second name see as you dey vex for them-o boy na work dem dey ohh
Re: Discrimination Based On Physical Appearance In Lagos Night Clubs! by Andrew3(m): 3:51pm On Jun 28, 2011
i ve never been bounced b4, by the way am a programmer, dont even have time for ma coding, what will i be doing in night clabs at night

they can suck ma di c k
Re: Discrimination Based On Physical Appearance In Lagos Night Clubs! by baslone: 4:42pm On Jun 28, 2011
Frustration no gud o!
Re: Discrimination Based On Physical Appearance In Lagos Night Clubs! by DisGuy: 4:49pm On Jun 28, 2011
koastar:

Story story,

dunno about nigeria but bouncers in the same area usually communicate with themselves, some use the same frequency so they do re-admit boozers that have just been kicked out of a nearby club

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Women, Would You Marry A Somali? / Ibo Traditional Wedding / Some Expressions In Igbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.