Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,053 members, 7,828,706 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Discrimination Based On Physical Appearance In Lagos Night Clubs! - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Discrimination Based On Physical Appearance In Lagos Night Clubs! (13315 Views)

Ooni Of Ife Oba Enitan Ogunwusi Makes 1st Public Appearance A Day After Secret C / Ethnic Groups And Physical Appearance / Africa NightLife/Night clubs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Discrimination Based On Physical Appearance In Lagos Night Clubs! by stunna2(m): 4:51pm On Jun 28, 2011
Pennywise:

tpia are U not taking this weee bit too personal. It did didnt look like anything was being imposed on driver. You sound like driver was being asked to do what he abhored.
Does being poor prevent anybody from having a good time? Afterall money is useless if it doesnt bring desired worldly pleasures

i think tpia is from an advanced society and is upset about a driver drinking and then driving later, you may not understand this but if you do, then u know this is illegal or should be; it is what is responsible for the very high rate of  vehicular accidents and death on nigerian roads, it must stop
Re: Discrimination Based On Physical Appearance In Lagos Night Clubs! by stunna2(m): 5:03pm On Jun 28, 2011
there iz a reason bouncers r called d.i c k head everywhere!

but u generally hav to fit in to get in black clubs, so if you dont wanna be hassled here, just go to a white club n you will be fine!

sad thing is that your privates gets touched n rubbed now by lady bouncers looking for weapons in black clubs but u r also more likely to get killed in same clubs where they wanna search ur assz b4 u go in, y? becos the criminal bouncers let their hardcore drug dealing friends in, without searching 'em since bouncers themselves are x or current criminal types!

now we hav a new law that mandates they all gets training and certification and anyone with a criminal record with be automatically disqualified from being certified as a bouncer.

maybe ur government wanna look into that too
Re: Discrimination Based On Physical Appearance In Lagos Night Clubs! by lagcity(m): 5:12pm On Jun 28, 2011
tpia, what is your problem with ashies? haba, no vex me oo. ashies are cool ppl, they give pleasure grin grin

tpia@:

Op

i find it hard to believe how incredibly d.aft people can be.

For real, your friend thinks its ok to ply his driver with alcohol and hookers and he thinks he's doing somebody a favour?

Seriously, how s.tupid can people get?

And is that the kind of help the driver needs?

Is that what they call help these days?

Re: Discrimination Based On Physical Appearance In Lagos Night Clubs! by lagcity(m): 5:15pm On Jun 28, 2011
$tunna:

sad thing is that your privates gets touched n rubbed now by lady bouncers looking for weapons in black clubs but u r also more likely to get killed in same clubs where they wanna search your assz b4 u go in, y? becos the criminal bouncers let their hardcore drug dealing friends in, without searching 'em since bouncers themselves are x or current criminal types!

maybe your government wanna look into that too

how is this a sad thing? u want your another man to play with your dick?
Re: Discrimination Based On Physical Appearance In Lagos Night Clubs! by tpia5: 6:08pm On Jun 28, 2011
i typed up a long reply to pennywise but lost it.

tunna's comment sums up what i would have posted.

$tunna:

i think tpia is from an advanced society and is upset about a driver drinking and then driving later, you may not understand this but if you do, then u know this is illegal or should be; it is what is responsible for the very high rate of vehicular accidents and death on nigerian roads, it must stop
Re: Discrimination Based On Physical Appearance In Lagos Night Clubs! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:15pm On Jun 28, 2011
lagcity:

how is this a sad thing? u want your another man to play with your Joystick?

How do you think the girls feel when a girl bouncer plays with their joy-pad undecided
Re: Discrimination Based On Physical Appearance In Lagos Night Clubs! by lagcity(m): 6:29pm On Jun 28, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

How do you think the girls feel when a girl bouncer plays with their joy-pad undecided

i don't know how girls would feel. i'm guessing they won't feel as bad as if a guy bouncer plays with their boobs cheesy. abeg there's no third gender now. it's either a mael/female bouncer. OR one of those freaky life-like robots the japanese are making now.
Re: Discrimination Based On Physical Appearance In Lagos Night Clubs! by Princek12(m): 6:31pm On Jun 28, 2011
my friend told me that the first club the guy got bounced was at The Marquee at the Mega Plaza. The second club he got bounced was at Movida night club. He can't remember the name of the third club.
Re: Discrimination Based On Physical Appearance In Lagos Night Clubs! by DisGuy: 6:41pm On Jun 28, 2011
now we hav a new law that mandates they all gets training and certification and anyone with a criminal record with be automatically disqualified from being certified as a bouncer.

that city is well behind the time
Re: Discrimination Based On Physical Appearance In Lagos Night Clubs! by stunna2(m): 6:42pm On Jun 28, 2011
lagcity:

how is this a sad thing? u want your another man to play with your Joystick?

hahahahaha! you tryna be funny or what??

having my private parts rubbed down by any bouncer is sad!! what part of that dont u get!

i dont want strange female bouncers touching anywhere down there, never mind guy bouncers, !
i mentioned female bouncers so that my readers will know its they who r allowed to pat u down in that invasive manner, what bouncers do is the issue, not their gender - they r all d same

ive seen bouncers tryna let in pretty girls n bounce their boyfriends so that they can have drunk girls to take to d wash rooms to f u c, k!

hehe
Re: Discrimination Based On Physical Appearance In Lagos Night Clubs! by stunna2(m): 6:53pm On Jun 28, 2011
Dis Guy:

that city is well behind the time

really? how so??

so, u r saying that the bouncers in ur lagos clubs all have taken government mandated college level course, passed an exam, have a nation wide criminal record check to make sure they have never been arrested, charged or convicted of any crime b4 being issued a certificate that will then enable them to be hired as security or bouncer in the clubs?? wow if they already do that, then my city must be behind the times!

well, behind the times is not something u hear said about my city often

are people allowed to smoke inside nigerian clubs, if so, any plans to stop this, if no, then how long have they been smoke free??
just curious
Re: Discrimination Based On Physical Appearance In Lagos Night Clubs! by Gbenge77(m): 8:26pm On Jun 28, 2011
Pennywise:

The tory get k-leg sha.

But he seem to be trying to convey the impression that this behaviour has become a norm among bouncers
Re: Discrimination Based On Physical Appearance In Lagos Night Clubs! by White007(m): 9:02pm On Jun 28, 2011
That's why they are called Bouncer's. tongue
Re: Discrimination Based On Physical Appearance In Lagos Night Clubs! by oladayo042: 10:10pm On Jun 28, 2011
When are we having BOUNCERS on NL to butt out anyone looking commenting like re.tards?
Re: Discrimination Based On Physical Appearance In Lagos Night Clubs! by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:31pm On Jun 28, 2011
yea I hear they allow smoking in Naija clubs. Gross.
Re: Discrimination Based On Physical Appearance In Lagos Night Clubs! by stunna2(m): 5:52am On Jun 29, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:

yea I hear they allow smoking in Naija clubs. Gross.

hmmm, that's crazy, someone better do sumthing 'bout that b4 i reach! wtf
Re: Discrimination Based On Physical Appearance In Lagos Night Clubs! by LOIUSXIV: 5:21pm On Jun 29, 2011
I AM NOT SURPRISED.WHETHER U LIKE IT OR NOT,DRESSING MATTERS.ALL OVER THE WORLD.IMAGINE UR DAUGHTER INTRODUCING A SINGLET-WEARING, TATTERED BEACH SHORTS-WEARING DUDE AS HER HUSBAND TO BE.U WUD BE TAKEN ABACK WUDN'T U?WHEN IN ROME,DO AS THE ROMANS DO.
Re: Discrimination Based On Physical Appearance In Lagos Night Clubs! by wazobiang: 10:34am On Jun 30, 2011
The servant should not ride on the master's horse. You know the truth but you are just faking nice guy. It will hit you on the mouth very soon. Let the driver be, you are embarrassing him.
Re: Discrimination Based On Physical Appearance In Lagos Night Clubs! by Princek12(m): 5:01am On Jul 01, 2011
wazobia-ng:

The servant should not ride on the master's horse. You know the truth but you are just faking nice guy. It will hit you on the mouth very soon. Let the driver be, you are embarrassing him.

haba, driver is a human being just like you, now!
Re: Discrimination Based On Physical Appearance In Lagos Night Clubs! by playboy19(m): 5:44am On Jul 01, 2011
Princek12:

haba, driver is a human being just like you, now!

Yea right! Servant and master are both human but we both know the difference, don't we?

By the way, thats why one is called the servant and the other, the master. Yourself and Goodluck Jonathan are both human but you don't get to live in the Aso Rock, do you? Not to talk of riding in his Presidential Mercedes Benz S850 or fly in his Air Force 1 or whatever they call the Nigeria's equivalent. So that's the point.
Re: Discrimination Based On Physical Appearance In Lagos Night Clubs! by aries2011: 7:44pm On Jul 20, 2011
Hi everyone,

It’s sad but a common practice throughout the world, that sometimes people are refused entry for unethical, unfair or even illegal reasons.

I have worked in the Security Industry in Melbourne Australia for over 22 years in bars and clubs but I have never discriminated and refused people entry based on their looks or appearance.

I have almost completed writing a professional door persons course that teaches people professional door skills.

In the course we use the word BADDIII to screen and access our clientele, we screen them for -

Behavior
Attitude
Dress code
Drugs/medication
Identification
Intoxication
Illegal items

This is a memory jogger to help door people recall there screening policy, it is the minimum standard we use as a proactive door policy to help us identify venue criteria, and create a safe and comfortable. environment.

If a person’s was refused entry to a club here in Melbourne based on their physical appearance, they would have grounds to lodge a complaint of discrimination to the anti discrimination board, for being refused these goods and services.

There Security license to work could also be at risk of being suspended or cancelled if it is reported to the LSD who are a branch of the police force who regulate and control the Security Industry.

If you follow your SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) as a guideline and code of practice this would help Security carry out their duties in a more professional manner.

I hope this sheds some light on the topic. 

Thx

Aries

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Asiri Aiye Siwa Lowo Awon Agba Woli / Nigerian Women, Would You Marry A Somali? / Ibo Traditional Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.