Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,507 members, 7,830,518 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Governor Danjuma Goje Apologises To Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Danjuma Goje Apologises To Boko Haram (7297 Views)

Akpabio Refuses To Apologise To Goje In The Senate Over Comment / APC Expels Danjuma Goje, Former Gombe Governor / Soldiers Surround Ex Gombe State Governor, Senator Danjuma Goje's House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Danjuma Goje Apologises To Boko Haram by hillsate: 12:48pm On Jun 27, 2011
Former Gombe State Governor Muhammad Danjuma Goje has apologised to the Jama’atu Ahliss-Sunnah Lidda’awati Wal Jihad, popularly known as Boko Haram, for whatever wrong he might have done to the group during the outbreak of the Boko Haram crisis in the North East.

Spokesman of the group, Abu Zaid, in an interview published in Daily Trust on Friday, blamed Danjuma Goje and two other governors for their alleged roles in the Boko Haram crisis.

Goje’s statement reads: “My attention has been drawn to a publication in the Daily Trust of Friday 24th June 2011 following an interview granted the paper by one Abu Zaid , spokesperson for the Jama’atu Ahli Sunnah Lidaawati wal Jihad demanding a public apology from me, for my role as the then Governor of Gombe State at the outbreak of the Boko Haram crisis in the North East.

“As a true Muslim, who believes in peace and brotherhood, as entrenched in both the Holy Qur’an and the Hadith of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (SAW), I hereby tender my PUBLIC APOLOGY to the organisation for any wrong done to it in the course of performing my duty as the then Governor of Gombe State.

“We pray to Allah (SWT) to continue to promote Islam, peace and brotherhood for humanity throughout the world.”

http://www.dailytrust.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=21770:goje-apologises-to-boko-haram&catid=1:news&Itemid=2
Re: Governor Danjuma Goje Apologises To Boko Haram by hillsate: 12:57pm On Jun 27, 2011
Please i hope this is not true. Danjuma Goje was a no nonsense governor who was greatly feared and respected by his enemies. He did alot for the gombe people. One of the best governors in Nigeria's history.
During the uprising of boko haram in gombe, he sternly warned them and even went after the members arresting and demolishing their houses. I really dont know what this apology is about but i hope its not true.
If a former governor apologises to boko haram because they demanded for it, then we are in trouble. It just shows that they can get to anyone they want.
Well, fellow nigerians, at this juncture, i need to announce to you that if you think your security lies with man in this country, you are doomed.
Goodluck Jonathan sent additional 300 soldiers to Maiduguri last week and by yesterday the boko haram killed over 30 people at ago in thesame maiduguri.
NA ONLY GOD GO BE OUR SECURITY!
Re: Governor Danjuma Goje Apologises To Boko Haram by icez: 1:20pm On Jun 27, 2011
hillsate:

Please i hope this is not true. Danjuma Goje was a no nonsense governor who was greatly feared and respected by his enemies. He did alot for the gombe people. One of the best governors in Nigeria's history.
During the uprising of boko haram in gombe, he sternly warned them and even went after the members arresting and demolishing their houses. I really dont know what this apology is about but i hope its not true.
If a former governor apologises to boko haram because they demanded for it, then we are in trouble. It just shows that they can get to anyone they want.
Well, fellow nigerians, at this juncture, i need to announce to you that if you think your security lies with man in this country, you are doomed.
Goodluck Jonathan sent additional 300 soldiers to Maiduguri last week and by yesterday the boko haram killed over 30 people at ago in thesame maiduguri.
NA ONLY GOD GO BE OUR SECURITY!

You got it right.
Re: Governor Danjuma Goje Apologises To Boko Haram by maga1: 1:55pm On Jun 27, 2011
Goje is wise to save his a$$ bcoz with d less police & sss security he has, dis guyz would hve finished d sInator. (wise man).
Re: Governor Danjuma Goje Apologises To Boko Haram by icez: 2:21pm On Jun 27, 2011
maga1:

Goje is wise to save his a$$ bcoz with d less police & sss security he has, dis guyz would hve finished d sInator. (wise man).

wise or being a coward?
Re: Governor Danjuma Goje Apologises To Boko Haram by maga1: 2:46pm On Jun 27, 2011
icez:

wise or being a coward?

I guess u wanted him to die a hero. In naija? I laff in bokoharam hahahaha. Incase u dnt knw Goje knws whats on ground better than u tink. Call him wateva u like, all i knw is dat Goje is wise 4 saving his life. Afterall he is no longer entitled to security detail he had while he was d govnor.
Re: Governor Danjuma Goje Apologises To Boko Haram by EzeUche1(m): 2:51pm On Jun 27, 2011
He is scared for his life. shocked
Re: Governor Danjuma Goje Apologises To Boko Haram by naijaking1: 3:03pm On Jun 27, 2011
Apology wouldn't be enough, he should contribute his salary to boko haram, if he is not doing that already cheesy
----spinless coward angry
Re: Governor Danjuma Goje Apologises To Boko Haram by hakanai(m): 3:23pm On Jun 27, 2011
LMAO grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Gojes fear of Boko haram is the beginning of his wisdom.when you consider even the police couldn't defend itself,talk more of rendering security to an exGov.It is only wise to do this and live to fight another day.
Re: Governor Danjuma Goje Apologises To Boko Haram by ektbear: 3:50pm On Jun 27, 2011
Lmao

Wise man. Since the state cannot guarantee security, what choice does he have?
Re: Governor Danjuma Goje Apologises To Boko Haram by Calculia: 3:54pm On Jun 27, 2011
ROFLMAO grin grin
Re: Governor Danjuma Goje Apologises To Boko Haram by dayokanu(m): 4:02pm On Jun 27, 2011
Do we have a president?
Re: Governor Danjuma Goje Apologises To Boko Haram by OAM4J: 4:07pm On Jun 27, 2011
ekt_bear:

Lmao

Wise man. Since the state cannot guarantee security, what choice does he have?

My tots exactly! grin
Re: Governor Danjuma Goje Apologises To Boko Haram by Ymodulus: 4:13pm On Jun 27, 2011
and that man with his so called fresh air is doing nothing. What kind of president have nigerians voted?
Re: Governor Danjuma Goje Apologises To Boko Haram by biachwest: 4:32pm On Jun 27, 2011
why blaming the president on this?.He must have odered his security agencies to do thier jobs,first.they most gather up informations and therefore proceed on the nest round OF ACTION.
We have low class security agencies with a very low level equipement,why?.The born to rule that head this country since independence has nothing contributed to the advancement of our various security agencies.
they still have men and women in uniform they are using to hurt and distablize our country for thier selfish interest
and now we are blaming the present president?
give me a break and give the guy some time to eradicate all these nuisants
Re: Governor Danjuma Goje Apologises To Boko Haram by icez: 4:38pm On Jun 27, 2011
haka_nai:

LMAO grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Gojes fear of Boko haram is the beginning of his wisdom.when you consider even the police couldn't defend itself,talk more of rendering security to an exGov.It is only wise to do this and live to fight another day.

Nice one. grin grin grin
Re: Governor Danjuma Goje Apologises To Boko Haram by EzeUche1(m): 4:40pm On Jun 27, 2011
Even if Jonathan uses the military, how do we know that this Northern dominated military will not side with Boko Haram?
Re: Governor Danjuma Goje Apologises To Boko Haram by icez: 4:43pm On Jun 27, 2011
Nigeria my country. undecided
Re: Governor Danjuma Goje Apologises To Boko Haram by Demdem(m): 4:47pm On Jun 27, 2011
The man is simply helpless. State security cant protect him and this he knows. i would have done the same thing abegiii.
who wan die undecided undecided undecided.

Fresh Air indeed.
Re: Governor Danjuma Goje Apologises To Boko Haram by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jun 27, 2011
Life saving apology.
Re: Governor Danjuma Goje Apologises To Boko Haram by ezeagu(m): 4:54pm On Jun 27, 2011
Boko Haram will give Nigerians freedom from the Nigerian hell. They may be the ones to actually break the country.

[center]2015 here we come![/center]
Re: Governor Danjuma Goje Apologises To Boko Haram by EzeUche1(m): 4:55pm On Jun 27, 2011
ezeagu:

Boko Haram will give Nigerians freedom from the Nigerian hell. They may be the ones to actually break the country.

[center]2015 here we come![/center]

Maybe sooner than 2015. . . undecided
Re: Governor Danjuma Goje Apologises To Boko Haram by ezeagu(m): 4:58pm On Jun 27, 2011
EzeUche!:

Maybe sooner than 2015. . . undecided

I don't even want a rush, let things slowly work out.

Anyway, everyone would have done the same thing as the ex-Governor.
Re: Governor Danjuma Goje Apologises To Boko Haram by icez: 5:10pm On Jun 27, 2011
Demdem:

The man is simply helpless. State security cant protect him and this he knows. i would have done the same thing abegiii.
who wan die undecided undecided undecided.

Fresh Air indeed.

Is it really gej's fault?
Re: Governor Danjuma Goje Apologises To Boko Haram by naijaking1: 5:17pm On Jun 27, 2011
dayokanu:

Do we have a president?

Yes!
The was an election remember, and the people spoke lipsrsealed
Re: Governor Danjuma Goje Apologises To Boko Haram by icez: 5:40pm On Jun 27, 2011
Yes we do
Re: Governor Danjuma Goje Apologises To Boko Haram by udezue(m): 6:04pm On Jun 27, 2011
GEJ is such a weak link.
Re: Governor Danjuma Goje Apologises To Boko Haram by naijaking1: 6:27pm On Jun 27, 2011
^^^
I was going to say yes, but then I thought that there maybe more than meets the eyes.
Loosers of the last election like Adamu Ciroma and his group have vowed to use violence to make the country ungovernable.
GEJ and his team maybe using more than logic to counter them.
Re: Governor Danjuma Goje Apologises To Boko Haram by icez: 7:05pm On Jun 27, 2011
udezue:

GEJ is such a weak link.

Why do you say so?
Re: Governor Danjuma Goje Apologises To Boko Haram by violent(m): 1:40am On Jun 28, 2011
By the powers vested on me, I now Pronounce Nigeria DEAD!  lipsrsealed
Re: Governor Danjuma Goje Apologises To Boko Haram by Nobody: 1:43am On Jun 28, 2011
nnaa men this is really serious! it seems this group dey stronger than the ss group! shocked            to the extend of a GOVERNOR!    chai!
Re: Governor Danjuma Goje Apologises To Boko Haram by lastpage: 1:52am On Jun 28, 2011
Well, the Ex-Governor apologized!
Why?
FEAR, simple and straight forward!

And it was expedient he does so quickly else, he is dead meat grin

Point is: Did the Governor even believed in "His Actions" back then when he was a Governor or was it just "Executive Rascality" he was playing?

Why cant he stand by his actions now, if he thought he was doing the right thing, back then?
This is just a classic example of how "our leaders behave" when they have power at their beck and call!.
They abuse it because they think they are not accountable but "Thanks to Boko Haram" they can at least apologize for their stewpidity! grin

What he is saying to the Boko guys is that: Look, l am a Chameleon, just let me get the "paraphernalia of office" again and l would be back to my old skin!

All those yarns about "True Muslim" is hogwash! grin Na fear catch my guy!

BTW: I think we should start issuing "Boko Haram" against those who loot our national treasury?
wink

Emmm.,.,.,where is that list sef?
If you dont return what you stole within 7days, Boko Haram is on your tail! Apologies not accepted, RETURN THE MONEY, Oga!
grin

This is getting interesting by the day!
Like "Mc Donalds advert" would say:" Tuut-turu-tuu, Am loving it"

BOKO Wetin? I dey come make l go open account for returned loot tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shehu Sani Goes Into Hiding After Babakura Fugu's Death / Nairaland Doesn't Support Nigeria Breakup:Stop Using Ijaw militants as decoy! / Whats The Arabic Inscription On Our Army's Logo?? PHOTO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.