Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,624 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

Praise Okereafor Emerges Winner Of Maggi Ota Lenu South West Cooking Show - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Praise Okereafor Emerges Winner Of Maggi Ota Lenu South West Cooking Show (23788 Views)

MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval / What Is The Appropriate Measure Of Maggi In A Soup Or Stew? / Maggi Set To Storm The Screens With “O Setigo” Cooking Show (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Praise Okereafor Emerges Winner Of Maggi Ota Lenu South West Cooking Show by Omoluabi16(m): 8:55pm On Feb 24, 2022
I used to enjoy all those kinda shows back then especially cooking shows. Magi has been consistent over the years with iyabo lawani, and I remember there was one I think sookoyokòto or something.

2 Likes

Re: Praise Okereafor Emerges Winner Of Maggi Ota Lenu South West Cooking Show by ChangedMan1999(m): 8:56pm On Feb 24, 2022
Aderewah:
See? Yorubas are non tribalistic. After this ibo woman had spent time in the west and learning to cook without plenty vegetable and periwinkle like her unrefined tribespeople, she had an opportunity to win a cooking competition. Ibos will rather chew jeans than let a yorubs win anything in their barren land. I've never seen such hateful and backward race. I spit on okoro flat head.

Any okoro that quote me will fall to esn this weekend.

Keep on consoling yourself.

cry

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Praise Okereafor Emerges Winner Of Maggi Ota Lenu South West Cooking Show by Ihavethingstodo: 8:56pm On Feb 24, 2022
Igbo Amaka biko! grin

2 Likes

Re: Praise Okereafor Emerges Winner Of Maggi Ota Lenu South West Cooking Show by BSsniffer: 8:56pm On Feb 24, 2022
Congrats to him......me I know how to make custard.
Re: Praise Okereafor Emerges Winner Of Maggi Ota Lenu South West Cooking Show by Patrioticbreed9(m): 8:56pm On Feb 24, 2022
Aderewah:
See? Yorubas are non tribalistic. After this ibo woman had spent time in the west and learning to cook without plenty vegetable and periwinkle like her unrefined tribespeople, she had an opportunity to win a cooking competition. Ibos will rather chew jeans than let a yorubs win anything in their barren land. I've never seen such hateful and backward race. I spit on okoro flat head.

Jesus !

Are you human?

Omo bro dont take this tribal shit personal.

Am disapointed with the ibo's and yoruba's you guys have failed the south.

4 Likes

Re: Praise Okereafor Emerges Winner Of Maggi Ota Lenu South West Cooking Show by Salihusaliheen(m): 8:56pm On Feb 24, 2022
Mariangeles:

You’re trying with the rice o, but noodles do not count. cheesy
Hindomi ki n se ounje. cheesy
noodles no be food to learn
Re: Praise Okereafor Emerges Winner Of Maggi Ota Lenu South West Cooking Show by Mooh247: 8:57pm On Feb 24, 2022
grin

They won't scream marginalisation or abuse Tilumbu now oo

1 Like

Re: Praise Okereafor Emerges Winner Of Maggi Ota Lenu South West Cooking Show by jclassiq(m): 8:57pm On Feb 24, 2022
Aderewah:

You, Sir, are very idiotic.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Praise Okereafor Emerges Winner Of Maggi Ota Lenu South West Cooking Show by pocohantas(f): 8:58pm On Feb 24, 2022
Omoluabi16:
I used to enjoy all those kinda shows back then especially cooking shows. Magi has been consistent over the years with iyabo lawani, and I remember there was one I think sookoyokòto or something.

True. As a kid I liked them. Too many shows are gone from our TV screens. Now if you no get money for DSTV and NETFLIX, you no fit watch better thing.

1 Like

Re: Praise Okereafor Emerges Winner Of Maggi Ota Lenu South West Cooking Show by lexy2014: 8:58pm On Feb 24, 2022
Abiodunspectre:
I really wish I have such cooking skills.

Can u boil water?
Re: Praise Okereafor Emerges Winner Of Maggi Ota Lenu South West Cooking Show by Proudlyomonna: 8:59pm On Feb 24, 2022
Up Igbo grin
Nice one Igbo sabi cook sha.
Everybody wey compete try even though I no taste the food�,but for them to enter final
them suppose sabi cook na,abi no be so undecided
Re: Praise Okereafor Emerges Winner Of Maggi Ota Lenu South West Cooking Show by faithfull18(f): 8:59pm On Feb 24, 2022
Hmmn.
Re: Praise Okereafor Emerges Winner Of Maggi Ota Lenu South West Cooking Show by overall90: 9:00pm On Feb 24, 2022
Aderewah:

Mumu, your tears are very sweet

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Praise Okereafor Emerges Winner Of Maggi Ota Lenu South West Cooking Show by mrvitalis(m): 9:00pm On Feb 24, 2022
Afam4eva:

It just shows you that when it comes to cooking = Calabar > Igbo > Others.

Na play i dey oo. na Igbo cook pass grin
Even as Igbo when it comes to soup Calabar is the best in Nigeria ...Igbos come close second

4 Likes

Re: Praise Okereafor Emerges Winner Of Maggi Ota Lenu South West Cooking Show by WhatCanIsay(m): 9:00pm On Feb 24, 2022
Aderewah:

It's happy to see you gnashing your teeth, very soon you go chew your tongue join.

BTW, someone from Akwaibom won it in the East.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Praise Okereafor Emerges Winner Of Maggi Ota Lenu South West Cooking Show by oladipuposadeeq(m): 9:01pm On Feb 24, 2022
Abiodunspectre:

I can make rice and noodles perfectly �
shocked

Re: Praise Okereafor Emerges Winner Of Maggi Ota Lenu South West Cooking Show by Oceanjagaban: 9:01pm On Feb 24, 2022
Abiodunspectre:

I can make rice and noodles perfectly �
You can't be perfect..
Re: Praise Okereafor Emerges Winner Of Maggi Ota Lenu South West Cooking Show by SmartPolician: 9:02pm On Feb 24, 2022
OBALOLA55:

DEVELOPERS ARE DOMINATING US IN OUR OWN LAND angry

Tribalism has totally destroyed some of you on Nairaland!
Re: Praise Okereafor Emerges Winner Of Maggi Ota Lenu South West Cooking Show by NyamiriFlathead: 9:02pm On Feb 24, 2022
OBALOLA55:

DEVELOPERS ARE DOMINATING US IN OUR OWN LAND angry

on top cooking

1 Like

Re: Praise Okereafor Emerges Winner Of Maggi Ota Lenu South West Cooking Show by baby124: 9:04pm On Feb 24, 2022
Nothing like Ewa Alagbado. It’s called Adalu. Lol.
Re: Praise Okereafor Emerges Winner Of Maggi Ota Lenu South West Cooking Show by wunmi590(m): 9:10pm On Feb 24, 2022
Mariangeles:
Men that can cook tend to be very good at it.

You are 100% right, I have a friend we grew up togther, they are family of boys, those guys can cook ehn, once we leave secondary school then, we branch to their house, he cooks and we eat and even request for more, while I only help in fetching water and cleaning the kitchen.

His immediate junior brother is a popular musician xbuster by name, those guys can compete for cooking competition and win.....

But on my own side, the only food I know how to cook is yam, rice, eba and indomie (only food my wife enjoys me cooking for her, garnished with suya cheesy)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Praise Okereafor Emerges Winner Of Maggi Ota Lenu South West Cooking Show by OlujobaSamuel: 9:11pm On Feb 24, 2022
Congratulations to him.
However, the organizer's should make the show more realistic next time, how can you tell me you are cooking Adalu in 30mins or Ofada in 30mins without helping hands, even with helping hands and getting everything needed placed in your front, 30mins can't be used in preparing such meal.
Also they should get someone that can speak the chosen language fluently, kiekie(I didn't watch other geopolitical zone version) was just mixing her Yoruba with English.
I still remember the days of Sokoyokoto, the anchor Yoruba na confirm, if she speaks any English word, she translate such to Yoruba too.
Finally, can we have audience too, it won't be bad having some selected audience (probably those that won/have 2 or more tickets on the way to the final) to have a taste at the finals, and be a part of the verdict.

2 Likes

Re: Praise Okereafor Emerges Winner Of Maggi Ota Lenu South West Cooking Show by LILTJAY: 9:14pm On Feb 24, 2022
Nonsense
Re: Praise Okereafor Emerges Winner Of Maggi Ota Lenu South West Cooking Show by Mrquote: 9:14pm On Feb 24, 2022
Aderewah:

Is Igbo not ibo pls

3 Likes

Re: Praise Okereafor Emerges Winner Of Maggi Ota Lenu South West Cooking Show by majamajic(m): 9:18pm On Feb 24, 2022
Remember someone from another region won the South East version

So not as if easterners didn't allow it
Re: Praise Okereafor Emerges Winner Of Maggi Ota Lenu South West Cooking Show by Mrquote: 9:19pm On Feb 24, 2022
Topzee109:
that doesn't stop nairaland Igbos from insulting Yoruba, sometimes I wonder if these people are different from the Igbo I meet I'm real life
There's one thing you should understand must people here fuming tribalism up and down if you meet them in real life they won't say half of the things they say here to your face because it will make them sound dum or something. And again must people impersonate other tribe and use tribalism to get mention must people here don't have a life outside nairaland so they come here to get mention so they can have a life they will reply to.

1 Like

Re: Praise Okereafor Emerges Winner Of Maggi Ota Lenu South West Cooking Show by Nobody: 9:22pm On Feb 24, 2022
Yoruba land is the only place Igbo Fulani Hausa Muslim and Christian can contest in Nigeria without discrimination

But what do we get in return, insults, no man's land and herdsmen killings, even the South south don join them

2 Likes

Re: Praise Okereafor Emerges Winner Of Maggi Ota Lenu South West Cooking Show by MoneyGoDrop: 9:24pm On Feb 24, 2022
Lol congrats nwanne m, you've showed that you don't need a full gallon of palm oil and full bag of pepper to prepare a pot of egusi.

2 Likes

Re: Praise Okereafor Emerges Winner Of Maggi Ota Lenu South West Cooking Show by Vanzcharles(m): 9:24pm On Feb 24, 2022
Aderewah:

Do you hate igbos?
Re: Praise Okereafor Emerges Winner Of Maggi Ota Lenu South West Cooking Show by Omoluabi16(m): 9:26pm On Feb 24, 2022
pocohantas:

True. As a kid I liked them. Too many shows are gone from our TV screens. Now if you no get money for DSTV and NETFLIX, you no fit watch better thing.
For real. I remember always rushing home on Sundays to watch Panadol game show + one Yoruba cooking show like that. Our local stations could not compete and most of these brands too no reason us customers again, that's why they stopped sponsorship. It's all about money now.

1 Like

Re: Praise Okereafor Emerges Winner Of Maggi Ota Lenu South West Cooking Show by Omoluabi16(m): 9:28pm On Feb 24, 2022
Aderewah:

Maggi is a corporate brand, not a Yoruba company. You know how Lagos is. It could even have been a Fulani, Ghanaian or togolese winner.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Average Cost Of Healthy Diet For Nigerians Is N938 – National Bureau Of Statisti / Artise Maame Engages In Chewing Gum Marathon To Set Guinness World Records / Prices Of Food Stuffs From The Nigerian Bureau Of Statistics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.