Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,263 members, 7,829,526 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

Volodymyr Zelenskyy: Ukraine Left Alone To Fight Russia, 137 Dead - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Volodymyr Zelenskyy: Ukraine Left Alone To Fight Russia, 137 Dead (40522 Views)

Zelensky: Ukraine Can Fight Russia ‘For 10 Years’ / Who Is Volodymyr Zelenskyy, Europe’s Most Vulnerable President? / Volodymyr Zelensky Urges Citizens To Fight, Offers Weapons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Volodymyr Zelenskyy: Ukraine Left Alone To Fight Russia, 137 Dead by hoyze24: 8:56am On Feb 25, 2022
addictiv:
Clarity has returned. The west deceived him to believe that they are solidly behind him. This made him think he was bigger than his size. Now he's catching bullets.They are all doing commot body. Tweeting about sanctions from the comfort of their bedrooms and shying away from putting boots on ground. Something that could have been resolved by a simple phone call to Putin. Instead he chose to poke the bear. I wonder how someone can be so short sighted and prefers his country to be used as ground zero for battle. Even when trump was going after Mexico and building his wall to cut them off, the Mexicans went head to head with trump but never tried to form a partnership with the enemies of the US. Its better for him to either step down or pledge to be loyal to Russia.

Biden made calls few times with Putin over his military surrounding Ukraine. Macron and Scholz visited Ukraine and Russia to meet with their presidents. The west never wanted war. Putin said it was only a military drill they were having and even promised to deescalate earlier in February but it was all lies, he wants to occupy Ukraine and make his loyalist president there.

3 Likes

Re: Volodymyr Zelenskyy: Ukraine Left Alone To Fight Russia, 137 Dead by Mccullum: 8:57am On Feb 25, 2022
ayindejimmy:
Hmm

The best is for Ukraine to join NATO ASAP!

Modified

Ukraine recently modified its Constitution to accommodate certain NATO requirements but the process is still far.

Let's not make this about hatred for the US because NATO is not made up of only the US. Ukraine is in Europe and NATO is majorly an European alliance.
Morocco once tried to join Europe and Cameroun left West Africa, nobody stopped them.

Write with facts, please. Who told you that Cameroon is West Africa, it's a country that located in between west and central Africa, she never joined ECOWAS since its establishment in 1975. Economic Community of Central Africa States, ECCAS was established in 1966, that's where Cameroon belong to even before ECOWAS was founded.

Only Putin wants this war, not Russians

I'll choose the US over Russia any day because the US acts for a reason but Russia acts with just Putin who's no diff from Hitler.
Re: Volodymyr Zelenskyy: Ukraine Left Alone To Fight Russia, 137 Dead by maasoap(m): 8:58am On Feb 25, 2022
ayindejimmy:
Hmm

Modified

[s] Ukraine recently modified its Constitution to accommodate certain NATO requirements but the process is still far.

Let's not make this about hatred for the US because NATO is not made up of only the US. Ukraine is in Europe and NATO is majorly an European alliance.
Morocco once tried to join Europe and Cameroun left West Africa, nobody stopped them.

I'll choose the US over Russia any day because the US acts for a reason but Russia acts with just Putin who's no diff from Hitler. [/s]

Your post shows that you don't even understand what led to this little invasion.
Re: Volodymyr Zelenskyy: Ukraine Left Alone To Fight Russia, 137 Dead by hoyze24: 8:59am On Feb 25, 2022
Putin wants the USSR back, that might be hard but having Ukraine is a big step towards that.
The impossible countries are former Soviet unions that are now members of NATO. Putin wouldn't want a war with NATO. "An attack on one is an attack on all"
Re: Volodymyr Zelenskyy: Ukraine Left Alone To Fight Russia, 137 Dead by IgOga(m): 9:00am On Feb 25, 2022
ayindejimmy:

That's because NATO is a democracy and Russia is a dictatorship. Dictator get things done quicker - but fear what they are getting done

lol...Is that your Brandon? grin grin grin

How is Russia a dictatorship the last time I checked. Is Nigeria a dictatorship?

NATO isn't a country and not a democracy. US is a Republic. UK is a monarchy.

God forbid US gets involved in the Ukraine....many NATO countries will refuse to send troops. Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania are all afraid becuase they know NATO may just abandon then in a Russian invasion

1 Like

Re: Volodymyr Zelenskyy: Ukraine Left Alone To Fight Russia, 137 Dead by MERCHANDISER: 9:00am On Feb 25, 2022
pwettyme:
Please can someone explain what initiated this conflict....I really want to understand what happened. I feel like I am drowning in the news!

Since USA won't allow China or Russia to have Military base in
Canada,Mexico,Alaska,florida why will Russia or China allow USA to do so in
Ukraine and Taiwan ?
This is the summary of the cause of the war.

The consequence of this War...."There will be a new world order where Russia and China will be
world leaders and communism will trump democracy all over
the world"

1 Like

Re: Volodymyr Zelenskyy: Ukraine Left Alone To Fight Russia, 137 Dead by ayindejimmy(m): 9:01am On Feb 25, 2022
maasoap:

Your post shows that you don't even understand what led to this little invasion.

You're kid
Re: Volodymyr Zelenskyy: Ukraine Left Alone To Fight Russia, 137 Dead by maasoap(m): 9:03am On Feb 25, 2022
hoyze24:

Biden made calls few times with Putin over his military surrounding Ukraine. Macron and Scholz visited Ukraine and Russia to meet with their presidents. The west never wanted war. Putin said it was only a military drill they were having and even promised to deescalate earlier in February but it was all lies, he wants to occupy Ukraine and make his loyalist president there.

You're calling someone to promise him one thing and doing another thing, lol. We all saw how USA, UK and other smaller nations were provoking Russia with their ever expanding war games close to her borders. Russia lost it when Ukraine decided to join NATO, allowing USA to pack her military assets close to Russia. No superpower nation will condone that.

2 Likes

Re: Volodymyr Zelenskyy: Ukraine Left Alone To Fight Russia, 137 Dead by ayindejimmy(m): 9:12am On Feb 25, 2022
IgOga:

lol...Is that your Brandon? grin grin grin

How is Russia a dictatorship the last time I checked. Is Nigeria a dictatorship?

NATO isn't a country and not a democracy. US is a Republic. UK is a monarchy.

God forbid US gets involved in the Ukraine....many NATO countries will refuse to send troops. Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania are all afraid becuase they know NATO may just abandon then in a Russian invasion

Russia under Putin is a dictatorship. Do you know what happens to any opposition? Putin even compelled the parliament to amend the Constitution to make him president. He runs the country- that's not a democracy.

At least we have Igbos in Nigeria. That can't even happen in Russia.

The UK government is a Democratic one. The Queen is just a figure head. Political power belongs to the Parliament.

If Ukraine is a NATO member, whether all NATO members will come and defend it is not a choice. Check the NATO Charter. It's "one for all and all for one"

Show me one NATO country without a democratically elected govt.

Re: Volodymyr Zelenskyy: Ukraine Left Alone To Fight Russia, 137 Dead by maasoap(m): 9:19am On Feb 25, 2022
Ibime:

Is that how President inspire his people to fight, by sounding defeatist?

Who told this one anyone will join him in fighting a nuclear power. Who no like life?

That's what happens when you elect a TV star with no political experience like Zelensky

Haaaa! Thank you. I remember this man's story now, how he became the president just like a joke. No wonder he committed this kind of blunder. Bloody comedian thinking that provoking Russia was a stage comedy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Volodymyr Zelenskyy: Ukraine Left Alone To Fight Russia, 137 Dead by Danbury: 9:23am On Feb 25, 2022
Nairalands thy need your help now
Re: Volodymyr Zelenskyy: Ukraine Left Alone To Fight Russia, 137 Dead by Izzydeprince: 9:27am On Feb 25, 2022
Shame to America and NATO for abandoning Ukraine when they most needed their help and assistance. Their empty promises and assurance no doubt made Ukraine to take a tough stance but when the chips are down Biden chicken out.
Re: Volodymyr Zelenskyy: Ukraine Left Alone To Fight Russia, 137 Dead by guywitzerogal(m): 9:52am On Feb 25, 2022
ayindejimmy:
Hmm

Modified

Ukraine recently modified its Constitution to accommodate certain NATO requirements but the process is still far.

I'll choose the US over Russia any day because the US acts for a reason but Russia acts with just Putin who's no diff from Hitler.
i don't think you know what you are saying..... Have you ever thought why is only America that is in NATO that is not an European country, America head NATO bro and na them the tell NATO what to do
Re: Volodymyr Zelenskyy: Ukraine Left Alone To Fight Russia, 137 Dead by ayindejimmy(m): 10:12am On Feb 25, 2022
guywitzerogal:
i don't think you know what you are saying..... Have you ever thought why is only America that is in NATO that is not an European country, America head NATO bro and na them the tell NATO what to do

Canada too is in NATO.
Re: Volodymyr Zelenskyy: Ukraine Left Alone To Fight Russia, 137 Dead by tonididdy(m): 10:12am On Feb 25, 2022
Buhari get sense pass this one.
So he was expecting the world to offer her citizens to come fight a fight we do not know ow it's origin?

Mad man angry you will go to Hague for killing your people
Re: Volodymyr Zelenskyy: Ukraine Left Alone To Fight Russia, 137 Dead by tonididdy(m): 10:21am On Feb 25, 2022
Armaggedon:
You dragged your country into needless war.
NATO is not FIFA for goodness sake, it is an anti Russian military alliance. Having them in Russia's border is enough provocation.
I still wonder how Putin let it get this far. Practically he is surrounded by the West.
Ukraine was a good move, Putin should seize the lands and expand russia ( I know this is his ultimate goal anyway).
Re: Volodymyr Zelenskyy: Ukraine Left Alone To Fight Russia, 137 Dead by gotnel: 10:38am On Feb 25, 2022
War of any form is not desirable in humans affairs.
Damages to human beings, materials and atmosphere is what war brings.
I hope Putin will see reasons why he should back down on this needless war
Re: Volodymyr Zelenskyy: Ukraine Left Alone To Fight Russia, 137 Dead by thelegend1(m): 11:03am On Feb 25, 2022
ayindejimmy:
Hmm

Modified

I really wish you knew history. Do a little bit more research before you have blind hatred for Russia based on Hollywood movies.
Let me give you some pointers to start your research

The Vietnam War
The Cuban Missle crisis
Afghanistan War
Iraq war
The Gulf war
Terror Attacks in Kenya,Tanzania
Syrian War
Libyan War
The Arab spring (Libya, Algeria, Egypt etc)

When you're done with these few, you'll have a rethink on US bullish ways and how they leave a culture worse than they met it.
They can only join this war by several proxies because they know Putin won't hesitate to Nuke them.
Re: Volodymyr Zelenskyy: Ukraine Left Alone To Fight Russia, 137 Dead by Truvelisback(m): 11:11am On Feb 25, 2022
Forbidden, no wan interfere for the matter. He would be like, the fight no concern me na. Omo! Life na per head ooo. If u no strong, no go fight or look for trouble believing say u get people or wan brother somewhere wey go fight for u.
Re: Volodymyr Zelenskyy: Ukraine Left Alone To Fight Russia, 137 Dead by ayindejimmy(m): 11:15am On Feb 25, 2022
thelegend1:

I really wish you knew history. Do a little bit more research before you have blind hatred for Russia based on Hollywood movies.
Let me give you some pointers to start your research

The Vietnam War
The Cuban Missle crisis
Afghanistan War
Iraq war
The Gulf war
Terror Attacks in Kenya,Tanzania
Syrian War
Libyan War
The Arab spring (Libya, Algeria, Egypt etc)

When you're done with these few, you'll have a rethink on US bullish ways and how they leave a culture worse than they met it.
They can only join this war by several proxies because they know Putin won't hesitate to Nuke them.
Solve your historic relics in your ass.
NATO is an European alliance. Stop focusing on only US. What is the ratio of non European nation to others?
Re: Volodymyr Zelenskyy: Ukraine Left Alone To Fight Russia, 137 Dead by Loveknitting: 11:52am On Feb 25, 2022
underpinna:
Sorry man you were tricked into believing you have backing.

I feel the tone of betrayal in your voice.

The president should come to he senses by now, if u were him I'll kiss putin ass already for peace to rain.
Re: Volodymyr Zelenskyy: Ukraine Left Alone To Fight Russia, 137 Dead by thelegend1(m): 11:59am On Feb 25, 2022
ayindejimmy:

Solve your historic relics in your ass.
NATO is an European alliance. Stop focusing on only US. What is the ratio of non European nation to others?

And this is where the discuss ends. Anyone who can't have a difference of opinion without insult is not worth my time or intellect.
Re: Volodymyr Zelenskyy: Ukraine Left Alone To Fight Russia, 137 Dead by LordOfTheGame: 12:08pm On Feb 25, 2022
This was was tricked by the WEST not a needles confrontation with Russia. I pray he regains his senses and do the needful.
Re: Volodymyr Zelenskyy: Ukraine Left Alone To Fight Russia, 137 Dead by JOemmy(m): 12:26pm On Feb 25, 2022
addictiv:
Clarity has returned. The west deceived him to believe that they are solidly behind him. This made him think he was bigger than his size. Now he's catching bullets.They are all doing commot body. Tweeting about sanctions from the comfort of their bedrooms and shying away from putting boots on ground. Something that could have been resolved by a simple phone call to Putin. Instead he chose to poke the bear. I wonder how someone can be so short sighted and prefers his country to be used as ground zero for battle. Even when trump was going after Mexico and building his wall to cut them off, the Mexicans went head to head with trump but never tried to form a partnership with the enemies of the US. Its better for him to either step down or pledge to be loyal to Russia.

The guy used to be a professional commendian he doesn't know much about governance.
Re: Volodymyr Zelenskyy: Ukraine Left Alone To Fight Russia, 137 Dead by blackgold2018(m): 12:35pm On Feb 25, 2022
Isobug:

That's your own knowledge of the issue. It doesn't makes mine trash. As a matter of fact, I don't argue much on what I deeply know. Easy ko easy ni, It took North Macedonia close to 22years to meet the Membership Action Plan, MAP requirements. Russia might be sabotaging Ukraine impending membership but that's not the only thing holding them. The main huddle is completing the plan.
I told you US will open their arms wide to receive Ukraine immediately if not for Russia.
They probably have nothing to benefit from north Macedonia that’s why it took them long.

Go and check the very small Soviet break away country closer to Russia that is already with NATO. But an effluence big country like Ukraine is not yet with NATO.

Read both my first and second comments. And understand what I’m saying.
Re: Volodymyr Zelenskyy: Ukraine Left Alone To Fight Russia, 137 Dead by blackgold2018(m): 12:35pm On Feb 25, 2022
Isobug:

That's your own knowledge of the issue. It doesn't makes mine trash. As a matter of fact, I don't argue much on what I deeply know. Easy ko easy ni, It took North Macedonia close to 22years to meet the Membership Action Plan, MAP requirements. Russia might be sabotaging Ukraine impending membership but that's not the only thing holding them. The main huddle is completing the plan.
I told you US will open their arms wide to receive Ukraine immediately if not for Russia.
They probably have nothing to benefit from north Macedonia that’s why it took them long.

Go and check the very small Soviet break away country closer to Russia that is already with NATO. But an effluence big country like Ukraine is not yet with NATO.

Read both my first and second comments. And understand what I’m saying.

You are here talking shit requirements
Re: Volodymyr Zelenskyy: Ukraine Left Alone To Fight Russia, 137 Dead by ayindejimmy(m): 1:23pm On Feb 25, 2022
Like you didn't insult my intelligence in your mention.

Stay out if you can't take what you dish

thelegend1:

And this is where the discuss ends. Anyone who can't have a difference of opinion without insult is not worth my time or intellect.
Re: Volodymyr Zelenskyy: Ukraine Left Alone To Fight Russia, 137 Dead by guywitzerogal(m): 2:07pm On Feb 25, 2022
ayindejimmy:

Canada too is in NATO.

haba Canada... What is different between Canada and UK.... Country that is been controlled by Queen Elizabeth
Re: Volodymyr Zelenskyy: Ukraine Left Alone To Fight Russia, 137 Dead by mysticwarrior(m): 2:10pm On Feb 25, 2022
ayindejimmy:
Hmm

Modified

[b]I'll choose the US over Russia any day because the US acts for a reason [/b]but Russia acts with just Putin who's no diff from Hitler.
which justifiable reason did the US had for invading Iraq?
Re: Volodymyr Zelenskyy: Ukraine Left Alone To Fight Russia, 137 Dead by ayindejimmy(m): 2:33pm On Feb 25, 2022
Do you even know where Canada is? Asking whats the diff

guywitzerogal:
haba Canada... What is different between Canada and UK.... Country that is been controlled by Queen Elizabeth
Re: Volodymyr Zelenskyy: Ukraine Left Alone To Fight Russia, 137 Dead by ayindejimmy(m): 2:40pm On Feb 25, 2022
mysticwarrior:
which justifiable reason did the US had for invading Iraq?

The US claimed the intent was to remove "a regime that developed and used weapons of mass destruction, that harbored and supported terrorists, committed outrageous human rights abuses and defied the just demands of the United Nations and the world".
The problem I have with you people is that you see this as US vs Russia. Wheras, only two non European states are in Nato

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Volodymyr Zelensky Urges Citizens To Fight, Offers Weapons / Nigerian Guy Insults Michelle Obama On Twitter. Nigerians React / Catastrophic Flooding In Libya: 2,000 People Feared Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.