Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags (61492 Views)

Police Officer Hiding During Kogi Bank Robbery (video) / Uromi Bank Robbery: Soldiers Hide As Robbers Cart Away Money (Photos, Video) / Two Armed Robbers Carrying Pump-Action Guns Arrested In Anambra (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by TheOgaBoss: 8:33am On Feb 25, 2022
Golan007:

SWAT, bla bla bla,yet bank robberies are a daily occurrence in the states.

Really? Daily? Can u make reference to one in recent times?
Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by JuanDeDios: 8:33am On Feb 25, 2022
iokpebholo:
Bros this is beyond d police...The government can make d police d way it want it to be...Bank robbery was very rampant in this same uromi around 15 to 10years ago until Oshiomonle government brought in Armor carrier and d whole issue stopped until now ..U can't fight violent crime like this with bare hands and who's responsibility is it to provide logisticsd government
You mean the police had APC at Uromi in the recent past but do not have them today? What on earth is Obaseki doing?
Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by JuanDeDios: 8:35am On Feb 25, 2022
Greatdand007:

Taah shout up only one woman was killed stop spreading fake news
Pictures I saw on Twitter showed four dead bodies by my count. That isn't correct?
Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by Golan007: 8:37am On Feb 25, 2022
TheOgaBoss:
Really? Daily? Can u make reference to one in recent times?

1 Like

Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by Nobody: 8:38am On Feb 25, 2022
JuanDeDios:

But there were soldiers in the street here. Abi you haven't seen that video?
compared to the armed men, soldiers were few. And that is as a result of people not wanting them around.

I pray for peace.
Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by Jakumo(m): 8:40am On Feb 25, 2022
Golan, you are probably already aware that many Nigerians who are yet to visit other countries imagine America to be some sort of a crime-free paradise where everybody lives a peaceful life of leisure and bank robberies never occur.

1 Like

Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by VaselineCrew: 8:45am On Feb 25, 2022
Jakumo:
Those perfectly timed multiple and simultaneous bank robbers, and the expert deployment of explosives to breach fortified bank buildings, bear the hallmark of military planning and execution by highly trained men who have engaged in armed combat in the past, prior to diversifying into the realm of major violent crime.

Armchair police inspectors who decry the absence of a police response during the robberies fail to recognize that a shootout between the bank robbers and law enforcement would have resulted in far more innocent lives being lost in the crossfire. Robbers generally hold the upper hand in shootouts that occur in residential areas because they have no qualms about opening fire in ANY direction, while the police are under orders to avoid shooting into occupied buildings.

It is, therefore, no surprise that the police and army were left with no option but to take cover and observe the operation in progress, so as to later follow up with methodical investigations that will very likely result in the arrest of at least some of the numerous gang members who partook in the robbery. Given the large number of men who raided those banks, it is only a matter of time before informants expose the ring leaders who will then be rounded up.

You are such an ediot men!

So now police not showing up to a robbery scene is a good thing?

You Nigerians ehn, God forbid!

Spits
Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by jacoik(m): 8:46am On Feb 25, 2022
juman:
Hmmmmmm
They would be arrested.

Frustrated guys.
No justifiable reason to be robbers.
tell that to Nigeria politicians
Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by Akharmony: 8:46am On Feb 25, 2022
This one are uniform men in mufti the level of confidence no b here. .
Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by stamapro(m): 8:46am On Feb 25, 2022
Those guys were relaxed as if it was Buhari that sent them to go bring the bags of money, no pressure from anywhere, really dare devil guys. By now they are out of the state, cruising some where else, those guys may not be from that state, but sure they worked with insiders. Spending the money is next, and as surely as the spend it here on earth, they will still be caught, tortured, incarcerated, killed etc. Is it worth it Hell no, will rather do my legit work. The guys videoing this have endangered their life and family, from the angle you videoed your location is compromised, but I pray they are caught before they get to see this video
Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by Golan007: 8:48am On Feb 25, 2022
JuanDeDios:

Shey you sef see am. These things happen every day, yet no common sense approach to security. I just tire.

So they would just station a whole unit of snipers there until the day there's a bank robbery?
Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by VaselineCrew: 8:50am On Feb 25, 2022
Kobicove:

Would you have advised a relative of yours to go challenge them knowing that the police is inadequately armed?

Another slowpoke!

It police can not face armed robbers then what are they really there for?

Some of you in this country have lost it completely
Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by JuanDeDios: 8:51am On Feb 25, 2022
happney65:

Snipper you say? You people talk as if you are not in Nigeria sha.

Lmaoo
Well, if there are no police snipers in Nigeria, there should be.
Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by Dedemworld: 8:51am On Feb 25, 2022
keypha1:
Army no come, police no come, very bad, if na to beat civilian, they score first.

Dem tell u say that one na Army duty, if Army is doing everything then what so the work of those so called Police again.
Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by Jakumo(m): 8:52am On Feb 25, 2022
VaselineCrew:

You are such an ediot men!

So now police not showing up to a robbery scene is a good thing?

You Nigerians ehn, God forbid!

Spits

Your opinion is noted. Have a nice day and please accept my apologies if my submission caused you to become upset.

1 Like

Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by JuanDeDios: 8:56am On Feb 25, 2022
Hammyaladin:
compared to the armed men, soldiers were few. And[b] that is as a result of people not wanting them around[/b].

I pray for peace.
i wonder where you got bolded from. Nowhere in Edo State people are opposed to soldiers. And no single soldier has been attacked for being on the streets. Recently, when soldiers shot some kidnappers on a highway in Edo State, people hailed it and called for more deployments. Even in parts of the SE where people have spoken against having soldiers on the streets, they have not actively opposed them.

I agree the soldiers were outnumbered. Besides, exchanging gunfire with robbers in a crowded urban street would have been foolish.
Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by VaselineCrew: 8:56am On Feb 25, 2022
Blitzerz:
Where this guy is stationed with camera is where policemen snipers guarding banks are supposed to be stationed.

Our security forces are not smart enough.

As in, bro! Perfect location to take them out one by one.

Police that doesn’t even have computer in their station, how do we expect them to be organized?

Yet some people are still saying, it’s a good thing police did not show, sigh my Country!

We have become so used to an ineffectual police force that we now say it’s okay if they don’t show up during a robbery.

The robbers can even take time to make breakfast, coffee and eggs and our police still would not show!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by JuanDeDios: 8:58am On Feb 25, 2022
Jakumo:
Those perfectly timed multiple and simultaneous bank robbers, and the expert deployment of explosives to breach fortified bank buildings, bear the hallmark of military planning and execution by highly trained men who have engaged in armed combat in the past, prior to diversifying into the realm of major violent crime.

Armchair police inspectors who decry the absence of a police response during the robberies fail to recognize that a shootout between the bank robbers and law enforcement would have resulted in far more innocent lives being lost in the crossfire. Robbers generally hold the upper hand in shootouts that occur in residential areas because they have no qualms about opening fire in ANY direction, while the police are under orders to avoid shooting into occupied buildings.

It is, therefore, no surprise that the police and army were left with no option but to take cover and observe the operation in progress, so as to later follow up with methodical investigations that will very likely result in the arrest of at least some of the numerous gang members who partook in the robbery. Given the large number of men who raided those banks, it is only a matter of time before informants expose the ring leaders who will then be rounded up.
Fair point. Good point, in fact. But in a functioning system, a helicopter or two would have taken to the skies for a crime of this magnitude. At least, checkpoints, ambushes, and pursuits would have ensued. It's over 12 hours now. Nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by Prince001(m): 9:00am On Feb 25, 2022
Mrkumareze:
Men get mind... don't tell me these guys are just ordinary civilians

They are our law enforcement people, u can see d way they operate without fear! Only the people that know d in and out of our security can Rob in broad day light without panicking or whatsoever!!!!!!!
Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by JuanDeDios: 9:04am On Feb 25, 2022
Golan007:

So they would just station a whole unit of snipers there until the day there's a bank robbery?
Do you notice that the banks in that town are concentrated in the same place? Are you also aware that this town has been notorious for armed robbery in the past? No, sir, they don't have to station a whole unit of snipers. I didn't say so, did I? But they ought to have stationed SOMETHING, anything. That could a sniper or two, APCs hidden on streets not far from that banking hub, a rapid response team not far away. Anything, but something. Here, we had NOTHING. And that's the general story of security in Nigeria, which is what I had in mind.

1 Like

Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by Babaken(m): 9:04am On Feb 25, 2022
terrymason:
Chai. This country and Ukraine... what's the difference?

Different banks at a go? Na wah.
The only difference is their flag
Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by Nobody: 9:06am On Feb 25, 2022
JuanDeDios:

i wonder where you got bolded from. Nowhere in Edo State people are opposed to soldiers. And no single soldier has been attacked for being on the streets. Recently, when soldiers shot some kidnappers on a highway in Edo State, people hailed it and called for more deployments. Even in parts of the SE where people have spoken against having soldiers on the streets, they have not actively opposed them.

I agree the soldiers were outnumbered. Besides, exchanging gunfire with robbers in a crowded urban street would have been foolish.
hmmm. But Edo was the state were the first jail break took place last yr, right?
Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by Jakumo(m): 9:06am On Feb 25, 2022
JuanDeDios:

Fair point. Good point, in fact. But in a functioning system, a helicopter or two would have taken to the skies for a crime of this magnitude. At least, checkpoints, ambushes, and pursuits would have ensued. It's over 12 hours now. Nothing.

Nigerian banks would do well to invest in cheap drones that can be launched from points near but not inside the banks, to simply follow and film getaway vehicles after robberies take place so that the police or military can be notified about the safest place to mount ambushes.

2 Likes

Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by BUGOFF(m): 9:06am On Feb 25, 2022
Mrkumareze:
Men get mind... don't tell me these guys are just ordinary civilians
it is well.

Meantime, follow my signature to perfect your NFT/Blockchain skills and make money. Metaverse is the future.
Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by MYMINDER(m): 9:16am On Feb 25, 2022
This is not a movie script. Where crime is, the police should go and confront it.

Jakumo:

Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by lovemaths(f): 9:21am On Feb 25, 2022
Edo, I hail o.
Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by Rita33(f): 9:23am On Feb 25, 2022
Revolution2022:
Why you come bone face for your pic?

How's that your headache?
Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by juman(m): 9:23am On Feb 25, 2022
Aaaaarghmed:
you are wrong,sharing formular has being decided before the robbery.seems you dont know how organized they are.

I am not wrong.
Many of them were invited to join the operation some days ago.

That's how they do large robbery operations.
So the bosses that were in charge of planning, providing operation cars, bribing the police to ensure perfect operation will get the main money.

Those bosses would be incharge of bribing police to bail them out if there are any arrest.
Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by francisisking: 9:41am On Feb 25, 2022
iguita:
grin grin cheesy Make una no vex say I dey laugh on top serious matter. Abeg who we dey support? Russia or Ukraine?
abeg i carry ukraine handicap 10 but russia to win... I no know about you.

1 Like

Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by Thetruthshallse(m): 9:50am On Feb 25, 2022
Nigeria is a FAIL country.
Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by keypha1: 9:53am On Feb 25, 2022
Nigerian army air Force has right to assist police through air to catch does robbers, police use to assist army to fight boko Haram in North. uoteDedemworld post=110529742]

Dem tell u say that one na Army duty, if Army is doing everything then what so the work of those so called Police again. [/quote]
Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by haryomikun(m): 9:54am On Feb 25, 2022
Kobicove:

I learnt that something similar has happened before in Ago-Iwoye, Ogun State before

At OOU. Schooled there and it spilled down consequences for us even 5 years after the robbery.

2014, when I was there, only 3 banks allowed their ATMs to be used. Usually we were stuck with only 2 working ATMs in the campus

Withdrawing from an ATM in 30 minutes was a miracles

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Man Forcefully Brushing His Wife's Teeth & Beating Her In Agege, Lagos (Photo) / Gunmen Stab Abia Pastor, Kill His Daughters, Remove Their Private Parts. Photo / Stella Doosuur Mnda Raped To Death In Benue. Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.