Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,386 members, 7,836,550 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags (61697 Views)

Police Officer Hiding During Kogi Bank Robbery (video) / Uromi Bank Robbery: Soldiers Hide As Robbers Cart Away Money (Photos, Video) / Two Armed Robbers Carrying Pump-Action Guns Arrested In Anambra (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by meedoLock(m): 9:57am On Feb 25, 2022
See how they were operating easily as if that point was in their compound. No security to put them on their toes.... Oh, nobody wants to die for anybody. Then we are seriously in a big mess
Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by JuanDeDios: 9:59am On Feb 25, 2022
Hammyaladin:
hmmm. But Edo was the state were the first jail break took place last yr, right?
Yes. When criminals took advantage of the ENDSARS protest, which was against criminal policemen.
Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by Jakumo(m): 10:01am On Feb 25, 2022
MYMINDER:
This is not a movie script. Where crime is, the police should go and confront it.

Hmm well, maybe you wouldn't be so sure of the approach you suggest if you had ever been caught up in a crossfire with rounds whistling past your head and shattering concrete all around you.

1 Like

Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by Nobody: 10:04am On Feb 25, 2022
Rita33:

How's that your headache?
You no look beautiful like that.
Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by buckeyemedia: 10:24am On Feb 25, 2022
Afolavid:
Just few weeks ago, some also ambushed a bullion van in Ibadan at a commercial location surrounded by Police barrack and Area command, yet no security operatives came to the scene until they left. Same thing happening here, robbing so many Banks simultaneously. Nigeria as a whole, is a failed village!!! Imagine people successfully engaging in high profile Armed robbery in 21st century.
Visit Los Angeles.
Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by Nobody: 10:37am On Feb 25, 2022
JuanDeDios:

Yes. When criminals took advantage of the ENDSARS protest, which was against criminal policemen.
So sad to here. Condolences..
Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by donforeign: 10:42am On Feb 25, 2022
juman:
Many of them.
You see they are many.
Some of them, their share would not pass ten thousand naira.
Their bosses take the real money.

oga shut up e//
rub 5 banks, come dey tke 10k share...
they are not even much...
those men like dis na millionare dem be..
one thing be say dem go blow d money anyhow
Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by Blitzerz: 10:43am On Feb 25, 2022
happney65:

Snipper you say? You people talk as if you are not in Nigeria sha.

Lmaoo
Well we know they are not serious. Sad
Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by fitinwell: 11:09am On Feb 25, 2022
Davoodee:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nWK82xJndo

All this Top celebrities are First Prime suspects... DCP and is elite's
Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by tunnex190: 11:09am On Feb 25, 2022
seanwilliam:
Oboy this one pass Ibadan own o

Maybe the robbery that happened just of recent. But not the one that happened in about several years ago. I can't recollect the year particularly but it's definitely around 2007, 2008 at Idi Ape where they robbed almost all the banks in front of Testing Ground. Yes in front of Police station.
Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by DeepSight(m): 11:13am On Feb 25, 2022
Jakumo:

Hmm well, maybe you wouldn't be so sure of the approach you suggest if you had ever been caught up in a crossfire with rounds whistling past your head and shattering concrete all around you.

Most respected and delightful brother, let me share with you an experience of mine with armed robbers years ago.

https://www.nairaland.com/1087891/armed-robbery-experience-thoughts-nigerian
Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by pacespot(m): 11:20am On Feb 25, 2022
At this time in Nigeria, we need a smartphone camera that can cover and zoom in a long distance.
Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by sam2kenny: 11:33am On Feb 25, 2022
Also happened in ile ife 2008 December during my NYSC. Life's were lost 5 banks robbed simultaneously too then. Heard they were caught 2 months later in ibadan.
Kobicove:

I learnt that something similar has happened before in Ago-Iwoye, Ogun State before
Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by Gospel2Day: 11:37am On Feb 25, 2022
iokpebholo:
My hometown.Lord have mercy..I hereby declare this government a complete and resounding failure...Imagine d whole of esan land no single fighting Armoured personel carrier...Even soldiers stationed at Taxoma junction were left helpless for over one hour when d operation lasted.First bank,UBA, unity's bank,union bank, zenith bank were all attacked simultaneously....

It is very shameful. This government is failing Nigerians seriously.
Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by AngelicBeing: 11:57am On Feb 25, 2022
DeepSight:

Most respected and delightful brother, let me share with you an experience of mine with armed robbers year ago.

Oh my Gosh, l read your story and l was shaken to my bone marrows, sorry for your ordeal, l have said it several times on this platform, Nigeria is gone beyond redemption, l am glad to have left that country sad
Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by seanwilliam(m): 12:00pm On Feb 25, 2022
tunnex190:

Maybe the robbery that happened just of recent. But not the one that happened in about several years ago. I can't recollect the year particularly but it's definitely around 2007, 2008 at Idi Ape where they robbed almost all the banks in front of Testing Ground. Yes in front of Police station.
no even talk of that one , it was horrendous .. it was around 2007 I think , during intercontinental bank era
Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by Donaluta(m): 12:01pm On Feb 25, 2022
Omo NAA only union bank dem carry all those bags of money... Chaàaaàaiiiiiiiii them done cripple that branch .. union bank go close that branch
Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by lastmanstandn(m): 12:09pm On Feb 25, 2022
A well trained police unit of 5 men (with a two-man SAW team) would’ve disrupted (gave them heavy fire) this operation without getting anyone in the team killed. These guys are completely spread thin and I see no heavy machine gun in their gang.
Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by okoroemeka(m): 12:10pm On Feb 25, 2022
donleo92:
this guys no be like normal thugs ooh.
this ones getting like professional training
these are trained security men,with the type of atrocity sars and irt officers commit going to bank is small job for them

1 Like

Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by okoroemeka(m): 12:19pm On Feb 25, 2022
JuanDeDios:

Fair point. Good point, in fact. But in a functioning system, a helicopter or two would have taken to the skies for a crime of this magnitude. At least, checkpoints, ambushes, and pursuits would have ensued. It's over 12 hours now. Nothing.
seems you watch too much DStv,these dare devils stakeout the area for weeks and knows every opposition point,I was in umunze when they came first and invaded the police station,army station and sars office after chasing every security men inside bush they robbed 4 banks and loaded 2 sienna full of cash and went away,
Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by Anny505(m): 12:24pm On Feb 25, 2022
These men are too confident and cocky for my liking. Maybe the Baba were do jazz give dem follow for the movement sef.

Na these kind people were be say you go point kala to shot but kala no go answer grin
Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by Anny505(m): 12:27pm On Feb 25, 2022
lastmanstandn:
A well trained police unit of 5 men (with a two-man SAW team) would’ve disrupted (gave them heavy fire) this operation without getting anyone in the team killed. These guys are completely spread thin and I see no heavy machine gun in their gang.

Don't these men look well trained in advance firearm combat to you? Look at their formation when entering the bank... that is a freaking military formation sir, underestimate these crooks at your own risk
Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by VirileNelly2420: 12:34pm On Feb 25, 2022
badbreathcure101:
Edo guys are really minded oh. How do you rob over 6 banks simultaneously without getting caught.
e fit no b just Edo guys tin o... E go shock u say dey fit even get international backups, bank robbery no b child's play. And dey fire bullets like trained personnels.
Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by Lordofalmajiri(f): 12:53pm On Feb 25, 2022
falcon01:
if only he had an s20 ultra to zoom their faces.
He's probably one of those people shouting " iphone or nothing"
Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by Jakumo(m): 12:57pm On Feb 25, 2022
DeepSight:

Most respected and delightful brother, let me share with you an experience of mine with armed robbers years ago.

DeepSight that robbery and hostage account that you posted a decade ago here is by far one of the most harrowing and brilliantly written true-life narrations that I have ever run across anywhere online. My heart was literally pounding by the time I read the first few passages in that awful and viscerally terrifying sequence of events you miraculously lived to describe.

I recall reading that post when it originally appeared, for the details stuck in my memory thereafter. Without question, the experience you endured that fateful night was more than sufficient to permanently destabilize anyone with a weaker constitution than yourself, but that said, I would still venture a guess that the PTSD of that day still lingers on in the subconscious depths of your psyche even a decade later.

It is only the lucky few who have been to hell and back unscathed that in my opinion are truly qualified to offer informed opinions when violent crime is being debated.
Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by badbreathcure101: 1:01pm On Feb 25, 2022
VirileNelly2420:
e fit no b just Edo guys tin o... E go shock u say dey fit even get international backups, bank robbery no b child's play. And dey fire bullets like trained personnels.
u no lie bro.. they seemed so proffessional and confident
Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by JuanDeDios: 1:10pm On Feb 25, 2022
okoroemeka:
seems you watch too much DStv,these dare devils stakeout the area for weeks and knows every opposition point,I was in umunze when they came first and invaded the police station,army station and sars office after chasing every security men inside bush they robbed 4 banks and loaded 2 sienna full of cash and went away,
Who's watching too much DSTv now? Tell me how the suggestion that our police should have basic preparedness is proof of watching too much TV. You're comparing an insurgency to a bank robbery. Of course, criminals won't storm a bank they haven't been to. That takes nothing away from what I said.
Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by donleo92(m): 1:27pm On Feb 25, 2022
okoroemeka:
these are trained security men,with the type of atrocity sars and irt officers commit going to bank is small job for them

Yeah.. I totally agree bro!! its something well coordinated and planned. like how dey robbed 3banks without any confrontations from any military personnel and even had the gods to spend like 1hour in the operation.. Hmm!! those guys were prepared and were trained for it..

Infact them give their souls to the devil for this operation
Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by Ruggedfighter: 1:39pm On Feb 25, 2022
This is risky. What if these guys come back and finish them in the house they're doing this recording. It's risky oo
Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by iguita: 2:05pm On Feb 25, 2022
Me sef. lol.
francisisking:
abeg i carry ukraine handicap 10 but russia to win... I no know about you.
Re: Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags by lastmanstandn(m): 3:38pm On Feb 25, 2022
Anny505:

Don't these men look well trained in advance firearm combat to you? Look at their formation when entering the bank... that is a freaking military formation sir, underestimate these crooks at your own risk

They look trained. That’s why I said ‘disrupt’ and not necessarily arrest them. A gun fire exchange with the right fire superiority techniques (volume {SAW} + accuracy) coordinated to the gangs center of gravity COG (the van with the most gun men) can wreck a quick havoc.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Soldier Drags Policeman Who Collected N50k From Some Guys (Video) / Girl "Mistakenly" Kills Her Friend In A Fight (Pictures/Video) / #JusticeForKaren: Karen-Happuch Aondodoo Akpagher Raped In Premier College, Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.