Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,257 members, 7,826,011 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

Pastor George Izunwa: If A Man Hasn't Proposed, Don't Take Him To Your Parents - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor George Izunwa: If A Man Hasn't Proposed, Don't Take Him To Your Parents (9573 Views)

unclothedness In Marriage Is A Major Requirement For Successful Marriage–pst Izunwa / Pastor George Oyoke [one Saved Is Forever Saved] Part 2 / Pastor George Oyoke: One Save Is Forever Saved[part 1] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor George Izunwa: If A Man Hasn't Proposed, Don't Take Him To Your Parents by Prettychild(f): 9:59am On Feb 25, 2022
nkemdi89:
I agree with him, my family in the past has ruined most of my relationship, it's better to keep it secret, even when it fails you move on .
Please share your story so that we can learn.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor George Izunwa: If A Man Hasn't Proposed, Don't Take Him To Your Parents by FERNANDEZISBACK: 9:59am On Feb 25, 2022
NewSoul:

Keep quiet and rest joor.. busybody undecided
I repeat do you want to get banned?
Break any rule here and watch the greatest suprise happen to you..
Re: Pastor George Izunwa: If A Man Hasn't Proposed, Don't Take Him To Your Parents by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:00am On Feb 25, 2022
True. I agree with you, sir.
Re: Pastor George Izunwa: If A Man Hasn't Proposed, Don't Take Him To Your Parents by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:01am On Feb 25, 2022
Mynd44:
Wait, are you not supposed two ask for permission from the parents first?

What kind of thing is this?

Ask for permission from her parents to date a lady? Did you ask for permission from your girlfriend's parents (that's if you have any) before you started dating her?
Re: Pastor George Izunwa: If A Man Hasn't Proposed, Don't Take Him To Your Parents by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:03am On Feb 25, 2022
teeste:
Pastor , stop confusing them.
If a man is asking you out, inform your parents. Pray about it, if okay, tell him to come with his folks to see your parents. That's how to go about it!

Pray about what? Why introduce him to your parents when he hasn't even decided if he wants to walk you down the aisle yet?

1 Like

Re: Pastor George Izunwa: If A Man Hasn't Proposed, Don't Take Him To Your Parents by VEXT: 10:04am On Feb 25, 2022
NewSoul:

Keep quiet and rest joor.. busybody undecided

Her own too much
Re: Pastor George Izunwa: If A Man Hasn't Proposed, Don't Take Him To Your Parents by PotatoSalad(m): 10:04am On Feb 25, 2022
Oyibo life no dey complicated. Once you're dating, you're automatically a member of the family. You're invited to dinners, cookouts, even other fun and recreational activities, even if y'all don't end up together.
But here, marriage, marriage, marriage.
Ndi ala.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor George Izunwa: If A Man Hasn't Proposed, Don't Take Him To Your Parents by Otutumeletus: 10:05am On Feb 25, 2022
Secrecy is best my dear..some families think there opinion really count
nkemdi89:
I agree with him, my family in the past has ruined most of my relationship, it's better to keep it secret, even when it fails you move on .

1 Like

Re: Pastor George Izunwa: If A Man Hasn't Proposed, Don't Take Him To Your Parents by pesuwe(m): 10:06am On Feb 25, 2022
People should not buy into this kind of nonsense advise, this is because I never proposed to my girlfriend of ten years before we got married in 2021
Re: Pastor George Izunwa: If A Man Hasn't Proposed, Don't Take Him To Your Parents by alizma: 10:06am On Feb 25, 2022
Mynd44:
Wait, are you not supposed two ask for permission from the parents first?

What kind of thing is this?
You don't need the permission to propose. The proposal is the act of making an intention to marry a lady known to her in expectation that she will either accept or turn the intention down and as such, it should be between you and the girl. Why taking a man who has not said he wants to marry you to your parents?

1 Like

Re: Pastor George Izunwa: If A Man Hasn't Proposed, Don't Take Him To Your Parents by alizma: 10:10am On Feb 25, 2022
pesuwe:
People should not buy into this kind of nonsense advise, this is because I never proposed to my girlfriend of ten years before we got married in 2021
Obviously you don't understand the word, propose when it comes to marriage. Proposal doesn't has to come with ring or happen at a particular spot.
What you just said is, you never told your wife that you were going to marry her. Please tell us what you told her

1 Like

Re: Pastor George Izunwa: If A Man Hasn't Proposed, Don't Take Him To Your Parents by teeste: 10:13am On Feb 25, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Pray about what? Why introduce him to your parents when he hasn't even decided if he wants to walk you down the aisle yet?

Why did you ask her out in the first place? To be fornicating
Re: Pastor George Izunwa: If A Man Hasn't Proposed, Don't Take Him To Your Parents by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 10:15am On Feb 25, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Mynd44 don't mind these brainwashed religious folks..that statement makes no sense to be sincere.. cheesy
This man is just another pastor trying to cage and brainwash more gullible persons..
you are the gullible fooool. What that clergy man has said is the bitter truth. Just that you are one of those who for no reason take delight in abusing clergymen. Riffraff

2 Likes

Re: Pastor George Izunwa: If A Man Hasn't Proposed, Don't Take Him To Your Parents by alizma: 10:15am On Feb 25, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Mynd44 don't mind these brainwashed religious folks..that statement makes no sense to be sincere.. cheesy
This man is just another pastor trying to cage and brainwash more gullible persons..
Simple check on Google would have given you the meaning of propose and that would have save you from this embarrassing post of yours.
The man is 100% correct. Since you don't understand the word propose, let me tell you in simple language what the man said.
Stop introducing people who have not make their intention to marry you to your parents. Simple as that. Propose in relationship means, telling a woman that you intend to spend the rest of your life with her.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor George Izunwa: If A Man Hasn't Proposed, Don't Take Him To Your Parents by TroubleMaker47(m): 10:16am On Feb 25, 2022
In otherwords, ladies keep your options open till someone asks you to marry him

1 Like

Re: Pastor George Izunwa: If A Man Hasn't Proposed, Don't Take Him To Your Parents by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:16am On Feb 25, 2022
alizma:

You don't need the permission to propose. The proposal is the act of making an intention to marry a lady known to her in expectation that she will either accept or turn the intention down and as such, it should be between you and the girl. Why taking a man who has not said he wants to marry you to your parents?

Good question!
Re: Pastor George Izunwa: If A Man Hasn't Proposed, Don't Take Him To Your Parents by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:17am On Feb 25, 2022
teeste:

Why did you ask her out in the first place? To be fornicating

Direct that question to your MOD.
Re: Pastor George Izunwa: If A Man Hasn't Proposed, Don't Take Him To Your Parents by farem: 10:17am On Feb 25, 2022
Newsmic:
Stop Taking Somebody Who Has Not Proposed To You To Your Parent's House - Nigerian Clergyman Advises Single Ladies (Video)

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CaY_U_JgaeR/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Pastor, you dey advise the person wey don dey live for him house tey-tey!
Many od of them believe as he dey kpansh them, he go talk one day

That's why they in the house of 3rd guy, 2 years running.
Re: Pastor George Izunwa: If A Man Hasn't Proposed, Don't Take Him To Your Parents by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:19am On Feb 25, 2022
TroubleMaker47:

Yes. And that's how it should be.

1 Like

Re: Pastor George Izunwa: If A Man Hasn't Proposed, Don't Take Him To Your Parents by janmi(m): 10:20am On Feb 25, 2022
how, but it is the first step to getting be committed
Re: Pastor George Izunwa: If A Man Hasn't Proposed, Don't Take Him To Your Parents by Nobody: 10:22am On Feb 25, 2022
Someone was banned for saying "ode" I'm sure you know the difference between ode and òdé undecided

An ode is a type of lyrical stanza. It is an elaborately structured poem praising or glorifying an event or individual, describing nature intellectually as well as emotionally.

Olodo moderator undecided

Fernadezisback call the simp you told to ban me let me school his ass undecided

2 Likes

Re: Pastor George Izunwa: If A Man Hasn't Proposed, Don't Take Him To Your Parents by teeste: 10:31am On Feb 25, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Direct that question to your MOD.

No, direct it to your useless mother. Or just show her my post
Re: Pastor George Izunwa: If A Man Hasn't Proposed, Don't Take Him To Your Parents by Nobody: 10:46am On Feb 25, 2022
He's saying the true oo cos E GET WHY ���
Re: Pastor George Izunwa: If A Man Hasn't Proposed, Don't Take Him To Your Parents by Emir8: 10:49am On Feb 25, 2022
What of if you proposed and the parents say no. You have to seek the consent of the parents before proposing. This pastor is a fake one. Foolish talk
Re: Pastor George Izunwa: If A Man Hasn't Proposed, Don't Take Him To Your Parents by spiceadole: 10:54am On Feb 25, 2022
As long as you are not sleeping with anybody, you can have as many dates as you have time for.

Feel free.
Meet people.. interact.. make friends.
Keep your boundary.
A serious man will propose and meet your parents.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor George Izunwa: If A Man Hasn't Proposed, Don't Take Him To Your Parents by spiceadole: 10:56am On Feb 25, 2022
TroubleMaker47:

Yes, that's what it should be.

The man also.. until he asks a lady to marry him

1 Like

Re: Pastor George Izunwa: If A Man Hasn't Proposed, Don't Take Him To Your Parents by shadrach77: 10:57am On Feb 25, 2022
I agree. Don't do it. Unless you are Motunde wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor George Izunwa: If A Man Hasn't Proposed, Don't Take Him To Your Parents by spiceadole: 10:58am On Feb 25, 2022
pesuwe:

So how did you marry her?

Proposal means telling a lady you want to marry her.
It doesn't mean the drama of getting down on one knee and giving her a ring.

Proposal is by word of mouth.
There is no marriage without proposal.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help With The Name Of This Gospel Artist / Cardinal Okogie Says No To Islamic Banking / Make Heaven Or Die Trying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.