Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,857 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

NCAA Petitioned As Air Peace ‘disrespects’ Emir Of Kano - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NCAA Petitioned As Air Peace ‘disrespects’ Emir Of Kano (2938 Views)

DSS, Police Petitioned Over Plan To Stage Protest Against Buhari / APC Will Lose 2023 Election If It Disrespects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket / 'Akpabio Left N500bn Debt, Petitioned EFCC To Freeze State Account'- Assam Assam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NCAA Petitioned As Air Peace ‘disrespects’ Emir Of Kano by juman(m): 11:09am On Feb 25, 2022
The act of disrespect thing make the letter bad.
Airplane should not be delayed as respect.

But the passengers got genuine reason why the plane should be delayed and they were ten passengers.

1 Like

Re: NCAA Petitioned As Air Peace ‘disrespects’ Emir Of Kano by MoneyGoDrop: 11:31am On Feb 25, 2022
So because he's a traditional ruler, the whole world should stop for him abi? Imagine an ordinary emir not president or a governor making such unreasonable request. In saner climes, this request won't be granted because they failed to consider the other passengers before making such requests. Kudos to Allen Onyema for not asslicking him. Business is Business and shouldn't stop at anyone's request. Kano people should buy their emir a private jet if they feel insulted.

and requested him to assist by delaying their departing flight to Kano as a mark of respect to the revered Emir of Kano.

2 Likes

Re: NCAA Petitioned As Air Peace ‘disrespects’ Emir Of Kano by nedu666: 11:32am On Feb 25, 2022
Throwback:

What is the root cause of the delay?

Why should any passenger miss a connecting flight due to the delays caused by the same airline, despite still having a 30mins window on a local flight?

Then the effontery to charge a No-Show fee?

With air fares now doubled, the customer must still suffer for the failures of the airline?

Airline scheduling failure is part of operational protocol?

Is airpeace the only airline scheduled to fly. If u delay by one hour, then anybody who is somebody can call onyeama to delay flight because of him

2 Likes

Re: NCAA Petitioned As Air Peace ‘disrespects’ Emir Of Kano by Okoroawusa: 11:33am On Feb 25, 2022
Maxymilliano:
Next time, Emir should get his own private jet

Protocols are protocols regardless who he is.

To delay a flight because of the emir and his entourage, without considering other passengers already aboard doesn't make sense!
I totally agree with you
Re: NCAA Petitioned As Air Peace ‘disrespects’ Emir Of Kano by Asquare84(m): 11:51am On Feb 25, 2022
the flight should be delayed because the emir arrive late at the airport. what about the other passengers that will loose their business because of the delayed flight. this is one of the attitude that have been killing black man. always brake protocol.

1 Like

Re: NCAA Petitioned As Air Peace ‘disrespects’ Emir Of Kano by flokii: 12:20pm On Feb 25, 2022
It's wrong to ask the airline to delay their commercial flight when it's not chartered. The airline should apologize for the initial flight delay and move on.

1 Like

Re: NCAA Petitioned As Air Peace ‘disrespects’ Emir Of Kano by Maxymilliano(m): 12:31pm On Feb 25, 2022
Allen Onyema would be setting a bad precedence if he had acceded to the request to delay the flight to allow the emir and his babanrigan wearing entourage to make it the flight.

It might result into open confrontation between the already seated and patient passengers with the flight operators.
Re: NCAA Petitioned As Air Peace ‘disrespects’ Emir Of Kano by naijaking1: 12:46pm On Feb 25, 2022
Emir's sense of entitlement in a commercial company he doesn't own speaks volumes about the decay of Nigeria as we know it.

3 Likes

Re: NCAA Petitioned As Air Peace ‘disrespects’ Emir Of Kano by Elitefosa: 12:54pm On Feb 25, 2022
sweetonugbu:
Nonsense so take off should be delayed because of emier, this type of bigmanism kill nigerian airways, air peace is a private company allow them to run their business.

the only comment that made sense...

2 Likes

Re: NCAA Petitioned As Air Peace ‘disrespects’ Emir Of Kano by RenaissanceGuy: 2:19pm On Feb 25, 2022
Throwback:
I don't want to believe that an airline will be so stupid and careless to do to a 1st class traditional ruler what they typically do to helpless customers.

The 1:10hr delay on the international flight is due to the Airline.
There was still a 30mins window to make the local connecting flight, but airline refused.
The number of passengers (10) in that situation was substantial enough to force a delay if required.

The real insult is actually still charging a No-Show fee for their own incompetence and failure.

I hope the Airlines can continue to trample on the rights of influential citizens who can fight them back until there is sanity to be enjoyed by all.
Good luck to your worshipping those so-called traditional rulers who offer absolutely nothing to the development of the country. Why should the rule be bent for them?

1 Like

Re: NCAA Petitioned As Air Peace ‘disrespects’ Emir Of Kano by Maxymilliano(m): 2:26pm On Feb 25, 2022
Kabo Air, IRS Airline, Mangal Air, and Chanchangi Air are all grounded due to favoritism and attitude of northern oligarchy class.

2 Likes

Re: NCAA Petitioned As Air Peace ‘disrespects’ Emir Of Kano by onoja12: 2:30pm On Feb 25, 2022
I would advice the Chairman of Air peace to humble himself less pride brings his downfall, as for me i cant speak in his favor anywhere i find myself.
Re: NCAA Petitioned As Air Peace ‘disrespects’ Emir Of Kano by JOemmy(m): 2:32pm On Feb 25, 2022
These people have taken their born to rule mentality to airpeace private business if the emir really want a special treatment why can't he hire a private jet?
Re: NCAA Petitioned As Air Peace ‘disrespects’ Emir Of Kano by eagleu: 2:35pm On Feb 25, 2022
Maxymilliano:
Kabo Air, IRS Airline, Mangal Air, and Chanchangi Air are all grounded due to favoritism and attitude of northern oligarchy class.

Yes, the same group of "respected traditional rulers " ensure that airlines, starting from Nigerian airways was always run to the ground. From demanding free services to hajj, to demanding first consideration of their families and friends, to asking for scheduled flights to be delayed for them without minding other passengers or economic impact on the companies, these rulers, especially Fulani masters of Nigeria think everybody in Nigeria is their slave.

1 Like

Re: NCAA Petitioned As Air Peace ‘disrespects’ Emir Of Kano by akezn: 3:01pm On Feb 25, 2022
Act of disrespect because he refused to delay the flight because of the Emir? Nonsense and Ingredient.
Re: NCAA Petitioned As Air Peace ‘disrespects’ Emir Of Kano by Throwback: 3:01pm On Feb 25, 2022
RenaissanceGuy:
Good luck to your worshipping those so-called traditional rulers who offer absolutely nothing to the development of the country. Why should the rule be bent for them?

Why should the paying customer, whether royalty or peasantry, be denied the services paid for due to the failings of the airline?

To add to that, you then charge the customer for a No-Show that is your own fault?

It seems the airline really know the type of people that populate Nigeria, hence their continued daylight disregard of consumer rights.
Re: NCAA Petitioned As Air Peace ‘disrespects’ Emir Of Kano by eagleu: 3:04pm On Feb 25, 2022
onoja12:

I would advice the Chairman of Air peace to humble himself less pride brings his downfall, as for me i cant speak in his favor anywhere i find myself.

Why not advise the emir to be humble too. Or buy his own airplane?

1 Like

Re: NCAA Petitioned As Air Peace ‘disrespects’ Emir Of Kano by Throwback: 3:07pm On Feb 25, 2022
Maxymilliano:
Allen Onyema would be setting a bad precedence if he had acceded to the request to delay the flight to allow the emir and his babanrigan wearing entourage to make it the flight.

It might result into open confrontation between the already seated and patient passengers with the flight operators.

Dude, this matter should have been settled in favour of the 10 customers at levels way below the Chairman Allen Onyema.

There is nothing new to Airlines delaying a flight that serves as a connection flight for passengers who have suffered delay on the feeder flight due to the same airline.

In this case as reported, there was a 30mins window that could have allowed the 10 passengers make the flight even when the gate had been closed.

I like that this was done to a notable personality and that it is being taken up to the right channels, so that the positive resolution can be of benefit to all passengers who suffer for the failures of the airlines.
Re: NCAA Petitioned As Air Peace ‘disrespects’ Emir Of Kano by NairalandMD: 3:12pm On Feb 25, 2022
As per say Emir noh get hin private jet, make he gettat'.
nah so we dey face ham, make him too feel the "Heat" abegi
Re: NCAA Petitioned As Air Peace ‘disrespects’ Emir Of Kano by eagleu: 3:18pm On Feb 25, 2022
Throwback:

Dude, this matter should have been settled in favour of the 10 customers at levels way below the Chairman Allen Onyema.

There is nothing new to Airlines delaying a flight that serves as a connection flight for passengers who have suffered delay on the feeder flight due to the same airline.

In this case as reported, there was a 30mins window that could have allowed the 10 passengers make the flight even when the gate had been closed.

I like that this was done to a notable personality and that it is being taken up to the right channels, so that the positive resolution can be of benefit to all passengers who suffer for the failures of the airlines.

So disingenuous for you to start with bating for the emir, and now you are sounding like you just want to improve airline services in Nigeria.
Make no mistake about this, airline services can and should be improved, no doubt, but that's not been your contention.
If you bend the rules for 10 blue bloods on the plane, what about the more than 100 other passengers who would also like to get to their destination on time?
Even for the stupid emir to call the chairman of the airline who doesn't have direct control of itineraries, schedule, and flights is the height of nepotism.
Oh, I forgot Buhari and his Fulani brothers think everyone is their slave in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: NCAA Petitioned As Air Peace ‘disrespects’ Emir Of Kano by Akanbiedu(m): 3:52pm On Feb 25, 2022
Throwback:

Even though the Airline is wrong here, the issues can be addressed commercially.

But there is everything wrong with the Emir entourage to have called the chairman for such request. These are the kind of mentality that don't allow our public institution to work.
Re: NCAA Petitioned As Air Peace ‘disrespects’ Emir Of Kano by onoja12: 3:54pm On Feb 25, 2022
I do not waste my time with tribalist, rather than read the fact you are here thinking you are making sense, my advice go back to the top and read the article before you respond. tribalism hasn't helped you this far and it wouldn't.

eagleu:

Why not advise the emir to be humble too. Or buy his own airplane?
Re: NCAA Petitioned As Air Peace ‘disrespects’ Emir Of Kano by Throwback: 3:58pm On Feb 25, 2022
eagleu:

So disingenuous for you to start with bating for the emir, and now you are sounding like you just want to improve airline services in Nigeria.
Make no mistake about this, airline services can and should be improved, no doubt, but that's not been your contention.
If you bend the rules for 10 blue bloods on the plane, what about the more than 100 other passengers who would also like to get to their destination on time?
Even for the stupid emir to call the chairman of the airline who doesn't have direct control of itineraries, schedule, and flights is the height of nepotism.
Oh, I forgot Buhari and his Fulani brothers think everyone is their slave in Nigeria.

There is nothing disingenuous about a rational opinion I made, while stressing then as I have still stressed now that it is good this was done to a notable personality as it is being done to regular passengers, so that it gets the attention it deserves.

You wrong a passenger by delaying his feeder flight such that he misses the connecting flight despite a 30min window of possible boarding. Then he should still pay you a No-Show fee for the missed flight that you caused?

Why the airline will want to cheat a passenger who has the clout to fight back is quite absurd.

Why regular Nigerians who suffer same treatment and lament their powerlessness to fight for their trampled right, but now suddenly take a fellow passenger as the villain because he is royalty is the reason why I never worry too much about the lamentations of the poor.

The facts of the matter was already laid bare in the report, yet most are telling the passenger who is the victim to go fly his own private jet and quit disturbing the peace of those who will fruitlessly lament the same situation if such had happened to them.
Re: NCAA Petitioned As Air Peace ‘disrespects’ Emir Of Kano by Onepeople: 4:17pm On Feb 25, 2022
Throwback:

What is wrong with Igbos in this country?

How is this a tribal matter?

Can't you ever be objective and rational over any matter?

Do you know how many times I have found myself in similar situation with airline failure burden that is passed on to the customer.

When will you cure yourselves of this envy/victim mentality that is a tribal pandemic?
their is no difference between you and tribal bigot that quoted you,both of you are bigot.
Re: NCAA Petitioned As Air Peace ‘disrespects’ Emir Of Kano by Idiko1: 4:46pm On Feb 25, 2022
Maxymilliano:

A cousin to the Emir of Kano, Alhaji Aminu Ado Bayero, has written a letter of complaint to the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA), seeking punitive actions against Air Peace Airline for what he tagged a disrespect to the emir and the people of Kano State.

In the petition to the NCAA yesterday, the emir’s cousin and one of his closest allies, Isa Sanusi Bayero, popularly known as Isa Pilot, said the airline delayed their Banjul to Lagos flight by over one hour and refused to allow them board their connecting flight to Kano because they arrived in Lagos 30 minutes before departure time.

Bayero said, “We, 10 of us, including His Highness Alhaji Aminu Ado Bayero, Sarkin Kano and four other business class passengers with additional other five economy class passengers all boarded our return Air Peace flight No. P47776 from Banjul to Lagos.

“Our departure from Banjul was scheduled for 00:10hrs (local time) on 24th February, 2022, however, we departed Banjul at 01:19hrs and we landed at Lagos at 5:45am. Our connecting flight to Kano on the same Air Peace airline was for 6:15 hrs. This gave us only 30 minutes to make our flight to Kano.”

He said he personally called the Chairman of Air Peace, Allen Onyeama, to inform him of the precarious situation and requested him to assist by delaying their departing flight to Kano as a mark of respect to the revered Emir of Kano.

“He flatly refused and avowed that he will not do that. I personally took this as an insult and a flagrant show of disrespect to his highness and the Kano people at large.”

He said it was very disappointing because the delay was the fault of the airline, adding that he was “aware that even with arriving international flights, departing aircrafts – local or international – are often delayed to enable arriving passengers join. Why should that be different with Air Peace Airline?”

He said despite having to check into a hotel at personal cost, the airline also requested them to pay a “No-show” fee when they wanted to rebook the next available flight of the airline which was by 7pm.

“This is an extreme case of insensitivity and callousness. In view of the foregoing, I feel strongly aggrieved and demand your kind intervention for restitution and for appropriate measures to be taken to stop this unwholesome development from happening in the future,” he added.

When contacted, a spokesman of the airline said he would get back to one of our correspondents. He had yet to do so as of the time of filing this report.

The Director-General of the NCAA, Capt. Musa Nuhu, confirmed receipt of the letter but declined further comment.

“I can only say we received the letter, we are working on it but I cannot say anything on it,” he said.

https://dailytrust.com/ncaa-petitioned-as-air-peace-disrespects-emir-of-kano

An incompetent display of idiotic arrogance.

1 Like

Re: NCAA Petitioned As Air Peace ‘disrespects’ Emir Of Kano by EastisBae: 4:51pm On Feb 25, 2022
Just imagine the nonsense, are we all mad in this country or what? Hear the guy "I personally called the chairman of Air Peace, Allen Onyema to delay the flight as a mark of respect to the Emir of Kano and he refused..."

The question this fool should have asked himself is this, why should the chairman of Air Peace delay a commercial flight because a "big man" couldn't keep to time? Others that boarded the flight and had engagements, are they subhumans??

Since the emir of Kano is a god, what stopped him from getting a private jet or even chatter a commercial flight?

And this fool is not ashamed to be saying this embarrassing things in public?

My respect for Allen Onyema just increased!

3 Likes

Re: NCAA Petitioned As Air Peace ‘disrespects’ Emir Of Kano by Fernandeswagger(m): 5:04pm On Feb 25, 2022
tito44:
Next time, they should use quota airline like AZMAN or MAX AIR so the pilot will go and throw them inside the ocean grin

I swear you no well grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: NCAA Petitioned As Air Peace ‘disrespects’ Emir Of Kano by eagleu: 5:13pm On Feb 25, 2022
Throwback:

There is nothing disingenuous about a rational opinion I made, while stressing then as I have still stressed now that it is good this was done to a notable personality as it is being done to regular passengers, so that it gets the attention it deserves.

You wrong a passenger by delaying his feeder flight such that he misses the connecting flight despite a 30min window of possible boarding. Then he should still pay you a No-Show fee for the missed flight that you caused?

Why the airline will want to cheat a passenger who has the clout to fight back is quite absurd.

Why regular Nigerians who suffer same treatment and lament their powerlessness to fight for their trampled right, but now suddenly take a fellow passenger as the villain because he is royalty is the reason why I never worry too much about the lamentations of the poor.

The facts of the matter was already laid bare in the report, yet most are telling the passenger who is the victim to go fly his own private jet and quit disturbing the peace of those who will fruitlessly lament the same situation if such had happened to them.

Nobody should be confused by your veiled appeal to the welfare of airline passengers in Nigeria.
You're fully in support of the nepotism of the emir in this instance-- his people are in charge of NCAA, so he thinks that he can retaliate against Onyema for not granting his personal request for favors.
Airline passengers file grievances about their experience all the time, but this is high handed, tribalistic, and ethically motivated attempt to reap where he didn't sow. He called his cousin in NCAA, next he will call Buhari!

Imagine for a minute that you dealing with any of the international airlines, Lufthansa, KLM, or Delta.

"Yes, is this Mr. Ed Bastian, CEO Oof Delta?.
Ed: yes, how can I help you?
Emir: I am emir of Kano, and the Delta airline crew refused to delay the flight for just 30 minutes so that my 10 man strong entourage can get to our destination on time.
Ed: Are you kidding me?
Emir: No, you must punish them, and make them wait for me, I am royalty, you know, a blue blood, a sacred cow!
Ed: Definitely not Mr. Emir, we don't do that here at Delta.
Emir: I will write NCAA so that you will be punished for disrespecting me."

Imagine this conversation, and if you can't imagine it on Delta airlines, why apply it to Peace Airways?

Like the Indians would say: The sacred cows make the juiciest hamburgers. Nigerians need to start making hamburgers out of their sacred cows, that's the only need we have of them, not retard our progress as a nation.

1 Like

Re: NCAA Petitioned As Air Peace ‘disrespects’ Emir Of Kano by RenaissanceGuy: 5:29pm On Feb 25, 2022
Throwback:

Why should the paying customer, whether royalty or peasantry, be denied the services paid for due to the failings of the airline?

To add to that, you then charge the customer for a No-Show that is your own fault?

It seems the airline really know the type of people that populate Nigeria, hence their continued daylight disregard of consumer rights.
Mr man, it wasn't a chattered flight!
Re: NCAA Petitioned As Air Peace ‘disrespects’ Emir Of Kano by ziondaughter247: 5:58pm On Feb 25, 2022
Pls let's read and understand this without sentiments.
Their airpeace flight from Banjul was delayed, and they also had a connecting flight to Kano - same airpeace! Whether we like the emir or not, he has a case here! I do not support delaying the flight to Kano because other passengers also have things to attend to, but Onyema should have handled this more diplomatically and use emotional intelligence here. The Emir's aide said that they paid for their hotel from their own pockets and were still asked to pay a NO SHOW FEE. This is the main crux of the matter! Why couldn't Onyema let go of the NO SHOW FEE knowing fully well that the were delayed due to no fault of their own and still the same airline! Yes, airlines can delay flights in these conditions especially when they are many passengers from the connecting flight. It happens all the time, it is not a big deal Emir or not!
But let's say they didn't want to delay for any reason, in a sane society they would have been booked in a hotel and allowed to fly on the next available flight without extra costs! This is how to do business and it is called customer service! It will cost Onyema absolutely nothing to accord them that little respect, not even because he is Emir and obviously a premium customer, but because of customer loyalty.
They didn't miss their flight intentionally! The airline caused it... and airpeace actions would have been justified if it was different airlines the Emir boarded... Please let's call a spade and spade!

An whether we like it or not - this is the EMIR of KANO - he is a VVIP!
Re: NCAA Petitioned As Air Peace ‘disrespects’ Emir Of Kano by livitexguy(m): 6:29pm On Feb 25, 2022
Maxymilliano:
Next time, Emir should get his own private jet

Protocols are protocols regardless who he is.

To delay a flight because of the emir and his entourage, without considering other passengers already aboard doesn't make sense!
Supported.
Re: NCAA Petitioned As Air Peace ‘disrespects’ Emir Of Kano by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 6:46pm On Feb 25, 2022
Frigga13:

Typical Yoruba human
dem too like slavery grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hijab Ruling : Pandemonium As Lawyer Appears In S/court In Traditionalist Attire / Social Media On Fire As American Calls Festus Keyamo ‘mr Mugu’ / VP Atiku To Be Impeached?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.