Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,755 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

NCAA Petitioned As Air Peace ‘disrespects’ Emir Of Kano - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NCAA Petitioned As Air Peace ‘disrespects’ Emir Of Kano (2937 Views)

DSS, Police Petitioned Over Plan To Stage Protest Against Buhari / APC Will Lose 2023 Election If It Disrespects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket / 'Akpabio Left N500bn Debt, Petitioned EFCC To Freeze State Account'- Assam Assam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NCAA Petitioned As Air Peace ‘disrespects’ Emir Of Kano by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 6:47pm On Feb 25, 2022
[s]
ziondaughter247:
Pls let's read and understand this without sentiments.
Their airpeace flight from Banjul was delayed, and they also had a connecting flight to Kano - same airpeace! Whether we like the emir or not, he has a case here! I do not support delaying the flight to Kano because other passengers also have things to attend to, but Onyema should have handled this more diplomatically and use emotional intelligence here. The Emir's aide said that they paid for their hotel from their own pockets and were still asked to pay a NO SHOW FEE. This is the main crux of the matter! Why couldn't Onyema let go of the NO SHOW FEE knowing fully well that the were delayed due to no fault of their own and still the same airline! Yes, airlines can delay flights in these conditions especially when they are many passengers from the connecting flight. It happens all the time, it is not a big deal Emir or not!
But let's say they didn't want to delay for any reason, in a sane society they would have been booked in a hotel and allowed to fly on the next available flight without extra costs! This is how to do business and it is called customer service! It will cost Onyema absolutely nothing to accord them that little respect, not even because he is Emir and obviously a premium customer, but because of customer loyalty.
They didn't miss their flight intentionally! The airline caused it... and airpeace actions would have been justified if it was different airlines the Emir boarded... Please let's call a spade and spade!

An whether we like it or not - this is the EMIR of KANO - he is a VVIP!
[/s]
Re: NCAA Petitioned As Air Peace ‘disrespects’ Emir Of Kano by naijaking1: 7:35pm On Feb 25, 2022
eagleu:

Nobody should be confused by your veiled appeal to the welfare of airline passengers in Nigeria.
You're fully in support of the nepotism of the emir in this instance-- his people are in charge of NCAA, so he thinks that he can retaliate against Onyema for not granting his personal request for favors.
Airline passengers file grievances about their experience all the time, but this is high handed, tribalistic, and ethically motivated attempt to reap where he didn't sow. He called his cousin in NCAA, next he will call Buhari!

Imagine for a minute that you dealing with any of the international airlines, Lufthansa, KLM, or Delta.

"Yes, is this Mr. Ed Bastian, CEO Oof Delta?.
Ed: yes, how can I help you?
Emir: I am emir of Kano, and the Delta airline crew refused to delay the flight for just 30 minutes so that my 10 man strong entourage can get to our destination on time.
Ed: Are you kidding me?
Emir: No, you must punish them, and make them wait for me, I am royalty, you know, a blue blood, a sacred cow!
Ed: Definitely not Mr. Emir, we don't do that here at Delta.
Emir: I will write NCAA so that you will be punished for disrespecting me."

Imagine this conversation, and if you can't imagine it on Delta airlines, why apply it to Peace Airways?

Like the Indians would say: The sacred cows make the juiciest hamburgers. Nigerians need to start making hamburgers out of their sacred cows, that's the only need we have of them, not retard our progress as a nation.

Say no to sacred cows, get rid of nepotism.

1 Like

Re: NCAA Petitioned As Air Peace ‘disrespects’ Emir Of Kano by Appleway: 12:55am On Feb 26, 2022
So, the emir is hopping planes and can't fly private jets.
Re: NCAA Petitioned As Air Peace ‘disrespects’ Emir Of Kano by eagleu: 1:57am On Feb 26, 2022
ziondaughter247:
Pls let's read and understand this without sentiments.
Their airpeace flight from Banjul was delayed, and they also had a connecting flight to Kano - same airpeace! Whether we like the emir or not, he has a case here! I do not support delaying the flight to Kano because other passengers also have things to attend to, but Onyema should have handled this more diplomatically and use emotional intelligence here. The Emir's aide said that they paid for their hotel from their own pockets and were still asked to pay a NO SHOW FEE. This is the main crux of the matter! Why couldn't Onyema let go of the NO SHOW FEE knowing fully well that the were delayed due to no fault of their own and still the same airline! Yes, airlines can delay flights in these conditions especially when they are many passengers from the connecting flight. It happens all the time, it is not a big deal Emir or not!
But let's say they didn't want to delay for any reason, in a sane society they would have been booked in a hotel and allowed to fly on the next available flight without extra costs! This is how to do business and it is called customer service! It will cost Onyema absolutely nothing to accord them that little respect, not even because he is Emir and obviously a premium customer, but because of customer loyalty.
They didn't miss their flight intentionally! The airline caused it... and airpeace actions would have been justified if it was different airlines the Emir boarded... Please let's call a spade and spade!

An whether we like it or not - this is the EMIR of KANO - he is a VVIP!

The way you call Onyema makes one think that either you don't know the difference between someone's company and that individual as a person.
If Onyema is guilty of disrespecting the so called emir, because his company had bad customer service policies, while is Dangote not equally guilty of killing the many innocent Nigerians his trucks have mowed down on the road every day?

How many times have we called Dangote to complain about reckless driving by his men?
Think about it next time you go shouting Onyema this and Onyema that: we all know it's a dog racist whistle to make it an Igbo issue. We know the game.

3 Likes

Re: NCAA Petitioned As Air Peace ‘disrespects’ Emir Of Kano by MICHEALADEX(m): 2:54am On Feb 26, 2022
Maxymilliano:
Next time, Emir should get his own private jet

Protocols are protocols regardless who he is.

To delay a flight because of the emir and his entourage, without considering other passengers already aboard doesn't make sense!

Brainlessness!
Re: NCAA Petitioned As Air Peace ‘disrespects’ Emir Of Kano by eagleu: 1:02am On Feb 27, 2022
MICHEALADEX:

Brainlessness!

Emir of Kano brainless.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rotimi Amaechi Stranded At The Convention / Breaking News Obi Hit 1 Million / True Reason Why Some People in The North Support Peter Obi ~pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.