Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,433 members, 7,812,285 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:11 AM

Russia Bans British Airlines From Its Airspace - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Bans British Airlines From Its Airspace (34905 Views)

Russia Bans New Zealand Prime Minister, Jacinda Ardern, 129 Others From Entering / Russia Bans Facebook And Twitter From It's Cyber Space (Photos) / Russia Bans All Residents From Transferring Money Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia Bans British Airlines From Its Airspace by smallsmall: 5:54pm On Feb 25, 2022
vivaciousvivi:

Economic sanctions that were not as extreme as these.
Plus the citizens have clearly demonstrated they do not support such an unprovoked form of attack.
I beg your pardon, Navalny a traitor He is a Russian Hero! A patriot that has shown he and all he believes in - A Russian nation devoid of dictatorship by a devious and manipulating (albeit Brilliant) mad man!
Bro, come on!

You mean those less than One Thousand Protesting Citizens, out of about 140M Russians, represents a good percentage or all Russians, not supporting the invasion? shocked
Where did you learn this sort of Statistical Deduction?
grin grin

My problem with people on Nairaland is that they dont examine what they are really trying to argue about, they just launch an argument, just like that!
First, look at the definition of the phrase TRAITOR and see if it matches the behaviour of Navalny, that l itemised above.
What do you think Americans will call any American who aligns himself with a Russian Govt, against the American Govt?
A Hero?
grin grin

Anyway, Nairaland is an all-comers affair, let us just enjoy the discussion and have a good laugh about it.
Re: Russia Bans British Airlines From Its Airspace by Chachamiliano: 5:59pm On Feb 25, 2022
VirileNelly2420:
no matter wot u do or how gud u're in dis life, every can't be by your side. Because meagre number of persons came out to protest nd u term it all Russians?
Russia wit ova 140milion population.

You call the number meagre number? Let's wait and see. Time will tell
Re: Russia Bans British Airlines From Its Airspace by dilini(m): 5:59pm On Feb 25, 2022
The West be messing with the Russians
forgetting these guys from that part
of the world do not get a f**k about
them. He's daring them and calling their
bluff!

This Putin ehn! na wa o!

Anywayz see how this guy dropped
a bag (of bombs) and scared the sh*t
of these people who took to their heels.

Watch to the end....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nsYtap7f74
Re: Russia Bans British Airlines From Its Airspace by smallsmall: 6:02pm On Feb 25, 2022
ifiokjohn:
lol. Una de do like Na only Russia get Nuke. .shey Germany no get nuke too ba? No forget e no pass 100 years ago where Germany invade Russia if no be for US Russia for don become colony of Germany.
Make Russia no vex Germany make the German machines no vex invade them again...this time through Poland.

No also forget Germany is economically stronger than Russia 10timess

Germany will never fight a War, unless they are invaded, take that from me.
This has to do with their activities in the past World War, not from any weakness..

Germany is even refusing to provide Ukraine with offensive weapons, despite pressure from the USA and other NATO allies, that should tell you something about their position, when it comes to War.
If you think Germany will stick out its neck with Russia, because of one useless Ukraine, you are O.Y.O. undecided grin grin

BTW: The thing about being a Nuclear Power is that everyone knows that you are capable of reducing them to rubble, the question is whether they are angry enough, to trade their survival and freedom, for that certainty.
Even Russia will think twice before trying to use its Nuke but then, if a Dog is beaten and backed to the Wall as Russia is, it has nothing to loose anymore.
"He that is Down, needs fear no fall".
Re: Russia Bans British Airlines From Its Airspace by smallsmall: 6:05pm On Feb 25, 2022
Chachamiliano:

You call the number meagre number? Let's wait and see. Time will tell

Which Number? grin grin
How many People took part in that Protest? Tell us the Number, abeg.
Re: Russia Bans British Airlines From Its Airspace by ifiokjohn(m): 6:07pm On Feb 25, 2022
smallsmall:

Germany will never fight a War, unless they are invaded, take that from me.
This has to do with their activities in the past World War, not from any weakness..

Germany is even refusing to provide Ukraine with offensive weapons, despite pressure from the USA and other NATO allies, that should tell you something about their position, when it comes to War.
If you think Germany will stick out its neck with Russia, because of one useless Ukraine, you are O.Y.O. undecided grin grin

BTW: The thing about being a Nuclear Power is that everyone knows that you are capable of reducing them to rubble, the question is whether they are angry enough, to trade their survival and freedom, for that certainty.
Even Russia will think twice before trying to use its Nuke but then, if a Dog is beaten and backed to the Wall as Russia is, it has nothing to loose anymore.
"He that is Down, needs fear no fall".
I understand but like I said Germany will have no choice than to send troops if Poland is invaded as part of NATO and Russia knows that.
Russia is saying they don't want Nato in their doorstep but isn't NATO already in their doorstep with Poland as a member? If NATO wants to do them anything they will use Poland as a doormat. Russia should leave Ukraine and fight their mate in NATO. If you remove nuke from the equation now Russia will be roundly beaten by NATO
Re: Russia Bans British Airlines From Its Airspace by mach7(m): 6:12pm On Feb 25, 2022
You absolutely get the picture. Flights to Japan, South Korea, Hong Kong, China and other South East Asian countries will become terribly expensive due to increased fuel consumption. Seems Uncle Johnson didn't think this properly
pansophist:
I know this will happen. People can't really fanthom how huge Russia is. If they ban you from their airspace, you're toast. For example to connect Asia and Europe, you have to fly through Russia. Imagine skipping Russian territory from aviation route, its basically suicidal. Its like you want to go to Abuja from lagos, but have to fly to Benin republic first, then to Niger Republic, then southbound to Abuja. Suicidal.
Re: Russia Bans British Airlines From Its Airspace by vivaciousvivi(f): 6:14pm On Feb 25, 2022
smallsmall:

You mean those less than One Thousand Protesting Citizens, out of about 140M Russians, represents a good percentage or all Russians, not supporting the invasion? shocked
Where did you learn this sort of Statistical Deduction?
grin grin

My problem with people on Nairaland is that they dont examine what they are really trying to argue about, they just launch an argument, just like that!
First, look at the definition of the phrase TRAITOR and see if it matches the behaviour of Navalny, that l itemised above.
What do you think Americans will call any American who aligns himself with a Russian Govt, against the American Govt?
A Hero?
grin grin

Anyway, Nairaland is an all-comers affair, let us just enjoy the discussion and have a good laugh about it.
You can have a sane and calm discussion (argument even) without being insulting
I enjoy engaging with people who are intelligent and i was very interested in this discussion.
But alas, the Nairaland insult syndrome just has to bear its head.
Cheers bro
Re: Russia Bans British Airlines From Its Airspace by nextstep(m): 6:16pm On Feb 25, 2022
ManirBK:
we need to invade one country here in Africa just to make the world knows our capabilities as the giant of Africa.
Our powerful war jets must be ready for action. That Bakasi area must be restored.

Country that cannot even keep its own regions safe from BH, kidnappers, and ungun knowmen... mtchew angry
Re: Russia Bans British Airlines From Its Airspace by Mftivi: 6:26pm On Feb 25, 2022
chatinent:
My uncle told me a story about how Russia...then the Soviet Union, wanted to destroy the earth and live in the moon. Is it true please?
your uncle was an expired igbo smoker grin
Re: Russia Bans British Airlines From Its Airspace by luvyaself95(m): 6:26pm On Feb 25, 2022
ManirBK:
we need to invade one country here in Africa just to make the world knows our capabilities as the giant of Africa.
Our powerful war jets must be ready for action. That Bakasi area must be restored.
which jet your country get no talk of atomic bomb undecided
Re: Russia Bans British Airlines From Its Airspace by luvyaself95(m): 6:27pm On Feb 25, 2022
Nonpartisan1:
At the end of the day Russia will become a pariah state cut off from the rest of the world. His people will revolt when all these economic sanctions by the West start weighing in.

Putin will never come out of this war the same again.

The LOSS:
1.NATO is going to beef up security with major deployments to its members bordering Russia.

2. Russia is going to be cut off from the rest of the world-trust me Russia is no China, the latest sanctions will bite very hard at home.

3. Many countries that have been reluctant to join NATO will freely come out now with applications, seeing how it was easy for Russia to invade a non member country.

4. When the latest Economic sanctions starts weighing in like say, 5months from now. The Russian massess will troop out in the streets and force a major regime change.

This is, I repeat a foolish war that Putin have chosen. And this could undo him in many ways..

Meanwhile, in other news: Here is Mayor of Kyiv Vitali Klitschko at the battlefront defending his country.

Klitschko is a former boxing champion and a millionaire, he could have fled Ukraine by private jet, live a happy life elsewhere, but he decided to fight for his country

Nation hero cool
Re: Russia Bans British Airlines From Its Airspace by dapoRead: 6:53pm On Feb 25, 2022
[s]
Nonpartisan1:

Is Poland, Estonia, Romania not in its border? Next time, calm down and argue like a sane person. You are pouring spits everywhere.
[/s]

Kilo ma'n se awon omo kekere yi na?

Those two tiny Baltic states sharing border with Russia have zero threat militarily to Russia. What RUssia won accept is Finalnd which will form a gang of cockroaches near its border..

Population of Latvia - 1.902 million

Ẹstonia population - 1.331 million

Finland - 5.531 million

Georgia - 3.714 million

Ukraine Population - 39 million

Check Ukraine Border with Russia below.

Always use brain b4 u type, stop using your tiny prick to type.

Answer this Jamb question. Which country among the following is a bigger threat to Russia if under a Colony NATO state and under aggressive puppet master ?

a) Latvia
b)Ukraine
c)Ẹstonia
D)Finland
E)Abeokuta

Re: Russia Bans British Airlines From Its Airspace by alabo1: 7:08pm On Feb 25, 2022
sotall:

That Russia's gas is cheaper doesn't mean they cannot do without it.

Your second sentence reeks of unsound reasoning.
And 7 times cheaper is an exaggeration coming from your imagination.

The big players in Europe have started with their sanctions already.
Germany has put a halt to the Nord 2 certification.

Uk has been in the forefront of pursuing an exit of Russia from the Swift payment platform.

Sorry for the typo. I meant 70% more expensive. However my reasoning remains valid. Cancelling Nord 2 means nothing as Gas prices have already increased by more than 50% since this crisis began and will soon hit 100% increase which is not sustainable for most of these nations especially during winter. Fact is Gas is best delivered via pipelines and shipping gas can never be cheaper.
Ban Russia from SWIFT? That won't happen and I don't have the energy to go into a discourse why. Peace
Re: Russia Bans British Airlines From Its Airspace by alabo1: 7:09pm On Feb 25, 2022
alabo1:

Wrong Analysis. The West cannot do without Gas from Russia. They can boycott oil (which they currently buy very little anyway) but not Gas. A cubic of Gas from Russia through pipelines is 70% times cheaper than Gas from any other source by Sea. So figure it out. Have you not noticed that few European countries have carried out meaningful actions over this issue till date?Economics always wins in the end. Peace

Re: Russia Bans British Airlines From Its Airspace by patrickmuf(m): 7:16pm On Feb 25, 2022
Nonpartisan1:

Stop shifting the goal post. Even as at today NATO build up of arms and personnel is unprecedented. Let your Putin try shit!
Ukraine is the shit, tell your NATO to go there and clean it up and see if Nukes won't rain.
Re: Russia Bans British Airlines From Its Airspace by nedekid: 7:30pm On Feb 25, 2022
sotall:

You are just a kid who knows nothing.

Yeah, I am kid who knows nothing, but that does not change the fact that you are naive of international affairs.
Stick to apc, PDP banter, igbo vs yoruba brawl. Or better still the romance section of nairaland.
Re: Russia Bans British Airlines From Its Airspace by francisbiz: 7:37pm On Feb 25, 2022
AroleOduduwa2:

Let me guess, you got the info from MSM controled by the West. Saudi can invade Yemen with the support of US, but Russia can't defend herself before Ukraine become too powerful to tame.
You all talk like ISIS, all qaeda, ISWAP, book haram and Islamic degenerates,
BUT I AM GLAD TALIBANS ARE NOW MORE SENSIBLE THAN YOU... it's a pity
Re: Russia Bans British Airlines From Its Airspace by sotall(m): 7:50pm On Feb 25, 2022
alabo1:

Sorry for the typo. I meant 70% more expensive. However my reasoning remains valid. Cancelling Nord 2 means nothing as Gas prices have already increased by more than 50% since this crisis began and will soon hit 100% increase which is not sustainable for most of these nations especially during winter. Fact is Gas is best delivered via pipelines and shipping gas can never be cheaper.
Ban Russia from SWIFT? That won't happen and I don't have the energy to go into a discourse why. Peace

Canceling Nord 2 means nothing?
A project worth over $10bn ?
Your opinions reminds me of the Dunning-Kruger effect! A classic case of chronic underestimator.

A 70% increase in price is not intolerable.
With time all European citizens will adjust.

Uk has made a statement concerning the Swift payment system.

Let Russia continue its aggressive madness and more countries will sign for them to be removed.
Re: Russia Bans British Airlines From Its Airspace by francisbiz: 7:52pm On Feb 25, 2022
smallsmall:

You have tried your best but honestly, you dont know much about these events, beyond the PROPAGANDA you read/hear on Western, Main Stream Media.
Try to read/listen widely, especially to News from other Nations.
If you can, dont invest your emotions in issues like this, just focus on the FACTS.

American President is a Dictator or how do you define the word "Dictator"?
Putin was elected by his People (Russians), just like Joe Biden.
Infact, Putin's acceptability rating among Russians, is 69%, while that of Biden is a miserly 27%. meaning 73% of Americans dont want him as President, at this Moment. shocked shocked
But he is still the President, so does that not make him a Dictator? grin grin

Empty vessel trying had to get so loud.
Only Islamic terrorists hate America.
Isis maggots making noise up and down.
I wonder what you want, Saudi Arabia, the owner of Islam loves America, Israel the owner of Christianity loves America; so your schizophrenic views and hatred of America is irrelevant and insignificant.
After all, you are just a black monkey who has no impact on his own territory...
Re: Russia Bans British Airlines From Its Airspace by sotall(m): 7:53pm On Feb 25, 2022
nedekid:

Yeah, I am kid who knows nothing, but that does not change the fact that you are naive of international affairs.
Stick to apc, PDP banter, igbo vs yoruba brawl. Or better still the romance section of nairaland.

Go play with your toy kid
Re: Russia Bans British Airlines From Its Airspace by faste: 8:07pm On Feb 25, 2022
ManirBK:
there is no border between nigeria and Ghana but for me Cameroon is the perfect one. that bakasi area handed over to them must be restored.
And you think you have the military to do this??
Re: Russia Bans British Airlines From Its Airspace by AdeolaOmoOba(m): 8:32pm On Feb 25, 2022
smallsmall:

My suspicion is that, in the long term, there wont be long-term Peace in that Baltic Region, until they stop NATO from militarising that area.

Russia must be given "Verifiable, Security Guarantees" that NATO will not station Weapons or expand more into the Baltic Region.
But America will not want another country, not Russia, not China, to have military Capability to challenge its actions in other country.
America wants to be able to do whatever it wants to do, no matter how unjust, without any other country having the military capability to challenge it.

This is where Russia and China's problem with America lies.

America is highly strategic. If they want access to a land or country, their most peaceful procedure is to create a Regional body whose influence covers that region, usurp the authority of that body and shove whatever policy or mandate they are after down the target's throat.

Russia is borrowing from America's playbook of innovatively creating political instability in a sovereign Area of interest, then move in on a Peacekeeping mission, but their real missions are always economic and power-shift oriented.
Re: Russia Bans British Airlines From Its Airspace by Missy89(f): 8:51pm On Feb 25, 2022
pargelenis:
So many clueless Putin-lover-clowns on this thread. Where is our dear brainiac @Missy89 ? We please need your input on this crazy Putin aggression.

Russia's military is stuck in the 80s time capsule. Even if Ukraine falls ( in few days probably). Early western analysis of their military operations shows that their military doctrine hasn't changed much. Still centralized, no creative thinking and a lack of PGM( Smart bombs) stockpiles.

If the west have the will to fight regardless of the risk of nuclear weapons, the Russian military will be brushed aside quickly. Personally, I think the time is now. Fortify the Baltic states, Ukraine's government should retreat west close to Poland and get weapons shipped in from Poland by land and have a no fly zone over western Ukraine.

The only way to stop Putin is to show strength and the will to fight. unfortunately, we have leaders with the spine made of overcooked pasta at this moment.

War is inevitable thou. Because if you have noticed, human nature hasn't changed much and we have been going to war for the same reasons for centuries. Since history doesn't move in a linear progressive direction maybe have have finally reach a downturn and Ukraine will be what Poland was in 1939. More reason why we ( the west) Should escalate now and get it over with.

1 Like

Re: Russia Bans British Airlines From Its Airspace by shogsman(m): 8:55pm On Feb 25, 2022
Reference:

That is the government.
What about the people.
Is the government going to feed them with oil and gas.
What about medicines, science and tech, commerce, industrial goods, banking services, education and whatever makes a nation competitive and prosperous.
When a country is sanctioned, the people will suffer and that is what makes for instability, not the government or the few individuals in it.
There will be huge job losses in all sectors, jobs the government will not be able to replace.
That is what matters.
Russia as a nation (not necessarily as a country) will be worse off.
The sanctions they have gone through these past years over Crimea had already done a lot of damage to the people, keeping a whole swathe of them in penury while the rest of Europe has generally kept above water.
It is only in a totalitarian society that the security of a country is more important than the security of its citizens, its nationals, the nation.
Most Russians want to be closer to Europe and in the future when the Soviet era generation is gone they will eventually join the EU.
Putin's time is coming to a gradual end and he knows it.... why the last kicks of a dying horse.
Actually most Russians voted to use actions including Force to take Ukraine,and the west needs Russia more than it needs the west,all their economic strides will obviously effectively improve the citizens lifes and this has been the case for the past 4 years, Russia currently makes around $5b everyday from gas now,that is over a $1b more than it used to. In terms of politics Putin is more experienced than his counterparts and if you think he didn't think of all of this possible ripple effects then you need to think again bro.
Of course the sanctions will affect them in some ways but ultimately it will make little to no difference, in fact Russia is starting to call of Thier bluff now for more sanctions.
The next thing on the table for west is a sanction of SWIFT which will hurt the west far more than it will hurt Russia,the same the nord stream halt is hurting Germany now
Re: Russia Bans British Airlines From Its Airspace by romzy33: 9:27pm On Feb 25, 2022
Why do you people decide to look down on Russia so much
Chachamiliano:

You think so? Why are you guys not seeing the big picture here Imagine Russia being cut out by Europe? What makes you think that Russia is stronger than the world?
Re: Russia Bans British Airlines From Its Airspace by Chachamiliano: 10:38pm On Feb 25, 2022
romzy33:
Why do you people decide to look down on Russia so much

We do not look down on Russia. Putin is what is the problem and the world sees this as genocide. There is no man that has committed genocide in history and not pay for it.

Putin is the center of this and not Russia. Note there are consequences for this action
Re: Russia Bans British Airlines From Its Airspace by jelel6: 10:43pm On Feb 25, 2022
The UK has gone Futher and banned Russian private jets from its airspace.

The fact is, London is a luxury for the rich, like candy. Taking a major economic and lifestyle hub like London off the menu of rich Russian oligarchs will hurt Putin, ultimately.

2 Likes

Re: Russia Bans British Airlines From Its Airspace by LIONSABRE(m): 10:57pm On Feb 25, 2022
Many countries that have been reluctant to join NATO will freely come out now with applications, seeing how it was easy for Russia to invade a non member country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia Bans British Airlines From Its Airspace by pargelenis(m): 11:20pm On Feb 25, 2022
smallsmall:
Well, it is obvious you lack the knowledge to engage me on this issue (No Offense intended).
Maybe you should ask for what "Existential threat" means or HOW they pose an Existential threat but to just use that as an excuse to duck and hide your ignorance, shows your level of exposure.

Seek knowledge and stop wallowing in MSM Propaganda that turn people like you into a M0r0n,
I honestly wish people like you will read widely, gather information from various unbiased sources and then form your own opinion, from an enlightened perspective.
I am a Student of European History and no be today. undecided
The fact that you think Ukraine is an existential threat to Russia just shows that you are not a student of anything but a puppet of Putin … and that is absolutely fine. I just don’t see the need to engage with Putin zombies because they are stuck in a previous era and don’t have their own thoughts on issues but are spoon fed by kremlin propaganda. Cheers.
Re: Russia Bans British Airlines From Its Airspace by pargelenis(m): 11:25pm On Feb 25, 2022
jackslow:
north Korea has seen oil to buy,Iran will use this opportunity to buy good weapons with the money coming from their debtors ,Afghanistan will also trade with Russia since Russia has their own payment system they can use to by pass the sanctions
You actually think Afghanistan and Iran are sizable trading partners to replace the West? Bros … you might as well at Chad and Niger republic to your dubious list … grin
Re: Russia Bans British Airlines From Its Airspace by pargelenis(m): 11:28pm On Feb 25, 2022
Deltavariant:
Turkey is very strategic to NATO military....
You actually think Turkey will side with Russia?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Chinese Embassy Responds To Claims Moscow Asked For Military Assistance / Donald J Trump Declares Second Term Bid! / World's Billionaires Are Building Bunkers And Assembling Fortresses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.