Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,272 members, 7,829,594 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

Russia Vs Ukraine: President Putin Ready To Negotiate - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Vs Ukraine: President Putin Ready To Negotiate (37589 Views)

Ukraine's President Zelensky's Face Before And During War / Russia Vs Ukraine: The Lies, Misinformation And Outright Propaganda (Fact Check) / Russia-ukraine Crisis: Putin Ready To Negotiate Directly With Ukraine's Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia Vs Ukraine: President Putin Ready To Negotiate by AlphaStyles(m): 6:53pm On Feb 25, 2022
Anny505:

You are very stupid, I pray armed robbers enter your apartment this night and kill you bastard
YAWN
Re: Russia Vs Ukraine: President Putin Ready To Negotiate by Nobody: 6:55pm On Feb 25, 2022
walkbrazil4k:
Putin lost already, he is trying to save face now, he just allowed innocent people die for nothing
If he no fight you call him coward, he fights you still bleet and cry blood. Where is EU & US now when Russia accepted their challenge grin
Go hug transformer.

1 Like

Re: Russia Vs Ukraine: President Putin Ready To Negotiate by AchalugoNwa(f): 6:59pm On Feb 25, 2022
omenkaLives:
Meanwhile nairaland servers are begining to behave as though we are in a presidential election period. cheesy

This Russia matter don dey overwhelm them.
obi m
good evening

I experienced it oo
Re: Russia Vs Ukraine: President Putin Ready To Negotiate by TrueNigerian300: 7:00pm On Feb 25, 2022
angelfallz:
he is but it is clear from his eagerness to negotiate that he never wanted things to reach this level.
Russia has been at pains asking for guarantees from NATO and the US that Ukraine would not join NATO. Russia for years have been expressing their concern with the expansion of NATO towards its borders. Every time, their concerns and complaints have ignored, their request for guarantees were been rejected. So what should Putin do? Sit back and watch while NATO which is an organisation that was put together to contain Russia, installs missiles right on their doorsteps? Meaning that Russia would forever be having missiles pointed at them, they would not have their freedom again. If they cough they would be threatened with missiles, if Russia refuse to co-operate they would be threatened with missiles.
Look, Putin is doing what a reasonable leader would do in his position, which is, protect the security and sovereignty of his country.

All this military movement could have been avoided since.

Thank you for the analysis it is like your enemy pointing a gun at you, would you wait till he pull the trigger before you take actions?

Many are just repeating what they hear from the western media, why can't they allow Ukraine to join EU for economic benefits why NATO The west and the USA knows what to do but they are acting funny here.

1 Like

Re: Russia Vs Ukraine: President Putin Ready To Negotiate by iLoveYouToo(m): 7:01pm On Feb 25, 2022
Racoon:
So all the grandstanding was for show? sad

What show? So you guys really want a war, you’re despicable
Re: Russia Vs Ukraine: President Putin Ready To Negotiate by cococandy(f): 7:06pm On Feb 25, 2022
A lot of things can be true at once so it doesn’t have to be either or.
Putin doesn’t need to invade Ukraine in order to maintain his own country’s sovereignty.
He’s a power hungry war mongering dictator.
The innocent people of Ukraine don’t need to be killed because he’s afraid of what America will do when in close proximity to them.
He might think he’s preemptively stopping a western “takeover” before it starts but that’s based on “what could happen”. Meanwhile he’s going to kill thousands of people just to achieve that. If he even does. It’s reckless, egocentric and maniacal.

Tell those people whose infants and children will die because of this to “remove emotions”. It’s easy to be emotionless when it’s not affecting us directly.

smallsmall:

I am a practical person and on this issue, l am with Russia (not necessarily against USA).
With that out of the way, can you please tell us WHAT this your "common sense" says, about this issue and WHY

A lot of Nigerians are brainwashed by the MSM and ignorant of International Affairs because THEY DONT READ and even when they Read, Comprehension and the ability to make an INFORMED Opinion, is lacking in them. (My opinion_

If you can, l will be please to have a summary of how we got here and what you would have done, if you were the Russian President or what you expect him to do.
Just a critical analysis of the events, devoid of sentiments and emotion.

1 Like

Re: Russia Vs Ukraine: President Putin Ready To Negotiate by GeneralZodd(m): 7:16pm On Feb 25, 2022
angelfallz:
he is but it is clear from his eagerness to negotiate that he never wanted things to reach this level.
Russia has been at pains asking for guarantees from NATO and the US that Ukraine would not join NATO. Russia for years have been expressing their concern with the expansion of NATO towards its borders. Every time, their concerns and complaints have ignored, their request for guarantees were been rejected. So what should Putin do? Sit back and watch while NATO which is an organisation that was put together to contain Russia, installs missiles right on their doorsteps? Meaning that Russia would forever be having missiles pointed at them, they would not have their freedom again. If they cough they would be threatened with missiles, if Russia refuse to co-operate they would be threatened with missiles.
Look, Putin is doing what a reasonable leader would do in his position, which is, protect the security and sovereignty of his country.

All this military movement could have been avoided since.

You re on point.

2 Likes

Re: Russia Vs Ukraine: President Putin Ready To Negotiate by frog12: 7:19pm On Feb 25, 2022
Re: Russia Vs Ukraine: President Putin Ready To Negotiate by NLandIsHypocrit: 7:28pm On Feb 25, 2022
Unshackled:
the easiest war Russia can and will ever fight is with her weak neighbour, Ukraine.

It doesn't show how strong they are. They should attack one of their NATO land neighbours and issue warning let no one interfere.
Do you even know the issues behind the war? I know you don't know let me enlighten you... Ukraine is trying to join NATO which is against initial agreement between Russia and Ukraine after Ukrainian independence and this poses a great danger for Russia because NATO will now build their military base near Russia which amounts to security threat for Russia. Now that Russia is bombarding Ukraine for making moves to join NATO, where are your so called NATO member Nations that have been assuring Ukraine not to listen to Russia's threats that they're behind them? Abi them go find fuel buy ni? grin

1 Like

Re: Russia Vs Ukraine: President Putin Ready To Negotiate by Nobody: 7:32pm On Feb 25, 2022
CoronaVirusPro:

Hello! If a fighter pilot can take down 6 of either in less than 24 hours? It’s a renowned military record

That name already imprinted in warfare records

“THE GHOST OF KIEV”
I'm sure you know what I mean. Flying a fighter jet is same as going on suicide mission.
Re: Russia Vs Ukraine: President Putin Ready To Negotiate by NLandIsHypocrit: 7:32pm On Feb 25, 2022
ifiokjohn:
Make Russia go invade Poland na. Shey Poland na part of NATO and Russia neighbor. NATO don already send troops there if they born Russia well make them invade Poland and their soldiers will come back in body bags . Mtcheeeew
This why I always advice kids not to be jumping in every discussion simply because they find phone on their hands

1 Like

Re: Russia Vs Ukraine: President Putin Ready To Negotiate by B2Bmen: 7:33pm On Feb 25, 2022
aribisala0:
US could not take over Afghanistan in 20 years . Could not take over VietNam

Take over no be beans
location of Russia and Ukraine and the location between the two countries and us u mentioned now gives Russia more egde than far away us. Russia is a weakling.
Re: Russia Vs Ukraine: President Putin Ready To Negotiate by NLandIsHypocrit: 7:34pm On Feb 25, 2022
Benny6944:

Ukraine you see is 100x better than your country when it comes to security defence
for now I agree, but mind you my Country is Biafra in advance
Re: Russia Vs Ukraine: President Putin Ready To Negotiate by Awesometouch1: 7:34pm On Feb 25, 2022
frog12:
go watch WW2 video documentaries on youtube. na russia reach bundesliga (i forget the real name bundes nonsense) first. that na like NASS. na dem dey look for hitler before he shoot himself. na dem defeat 3 million german troops that attack them in kalingrad. once that defeat finish, hitler was done. na them break the german defence in berlin...but the general go surrender to americans because of fear of russians. honestly usa and uk no do any big work. and these americans dey give themself all the credit for defeating hitler.

Ooooh, you were referring to another thing completely.

At what point was Russia able to make such incursion into Germany?
A German side that had fought for 5years with several countries simultaneously and almost sent Russia back to the stone age during that period.
That was the time the dinosaur called America had entered the war and Germany was disintegrating.
Before the US came on board Russia couldn't do shit.
Moreover, Russia was heavily supported by the US and Britain with superior arms and ammunition.
Try to be more logical.

This is what you should know. Victory is determined not by quantity but quality and that's where Russia is behind in every sphere. They've always been behind on this all the time and they don't have the economy to survive hard long wars without going into starvation.
The only problem now is no one wants a nuclear confrontation. Even on that, Russia's nuclear arsenal is less sophisticated but that doesn't mean they can't hit targets.
Re: Russia Vs Ukraine: President Putin Ready To Negotiate by CoronaVirusPro: 7:35pm On Feb 25, 2022
onecoder:

I'm sure you know what I mean. Flying a fighter jet is same as going on suicide mission

True
Re: Russia Vs Ukraine: President Putin Ready To Negotiate by NLandIsHypocrit: 7:37pm On Feb 25, 2022
peppermint7:

Russia is suffering huge damages on their part

Btw What do Nigerians gain exactly from supporting this movement by Putin
Killing innocents people

I will repeat this again
Putin will suffer the consequences soon enough
Whom the gods want to kill
They first make them mad
You're here threatening thunder and blimestone while EU and UN are begging Russia to give peace a chance, do you know why? No you don't.

1 Like

Re: Russia Vs Ukraine: President Putin Ready To Negotiate by FinallyFamous: 7:40pm On Feb 25, 2022
Benny6944:

Dull brain. No NATO can interevene they aren't nation. If Russia thinks they are strong let them try throwing a single missile to d weakest NATO nation and see response from the G7.

IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT TO COMMENT JUST SHUSH AND OBSERVE.
there still will be casualty on both sides and the civilans will suffer the most in the chest(chess) game

It's highly unnecessary

1 Like

Re: Russia Vs Ukraine: President Putin Ready To Negotiate by ogbe88(m): 7:43pm On Feb 25, 2022
ifiokjohn:
Make Russia go invade Poland na. Shey Poland na part of NATO and Russia neighbor. NATO don already send troops there if they born Russia well make them invade Poland and their soldiers will come back in body bags . Mtcheeeew
U think this is call of duty game, by the way the west propaganda has brainwashed your mind.
Re: Russia Vs Ukraine: President Putin Ready To Negotiate by FinallyFamous: 7:48pm On Feb 25, 2022
neuf:

if you had said this before the conflict, some oversabi people here would have told you how Russian jet will crush Ukraine.

How Russia makes the best plane and have hypersonic missiles and blah blah blah
I beg to differ, you are even more ignorant than the people u criticise. The aim was not to destroy Ukraine, it was a chess game , and Ukraine played in to Russian hand, they are neighbors or better yet brothers..I bet same will not be said of a USA vs RUSSIA full blown war (God forbid) Russia allows what ever happened to happen it was a calculated risk . They want a situation where they could say Ukraine also did them bad too, and sheild the sword..this will keep or give Ukraine some dignity..as a proxy Russian federation

Russia already got what they wanted(the control of the nuclear field)

You don't know much about warfare do you?
Re: Russia Vs Ukraine: President Putin Ready To Negotiate by nedekid: 7:49pm On Feb 25, 2022
NLandIsHypocrit:
grin Rushia only gave them a warning signal..... Where're those E-rats making noise on behalf of Ukraine just before the conflict saying Ukraine will shock Russia and I was like.... Do these people really understand what they're talking about? Imagine Ukraine raising war shoulder with Russia, no be juju be that? Now what point have Ukraine really scored in the whole gbas-gbos. grin grin Which Country is next now....

Nigeria how market?grin
Them do Ukraine "Foto"!
Abeg make I give you my favorite Foto meme undecided

Re: Russia Vs Ukraine: President Putin Ready To Negotiate by jaxxy(m): 7:54pm On Feb 25, 2022
Guyman02:
When America tells you to date the Russian bear next time, you will use your head and not your yansh to think cheesy

I can tell u Russia is feeling the heat.

1 Like

Re: Russia Vs Ukraine: President Putin Ready To Negotiate by Gben5: 7:55pm On Feb 25, 2022
WESTERN MEDIA

When NATO murdered Muammar Muhammad Abu Minyar al-Gaddafi, Western media called it "Military intervention" and they no longer bother to report that the evil military action led by Obama has left the country in worse condition.

George Walker Bush and Tony Blair lied that Saddam Hussein Abd al-Majid al-Tikriti has weapon of mass destruction (WMD) just to invade Iraq. After they destroyed the country and captured Saddam Hussein who was consequently executed, Bush said "We do not know whether or not (Iraq) has nuclear weapon." Both men who engineered a tragedy that took over 250,000 lives are not even facing trials for war crimes. Western media do not paint them in bad light as it ought to be.

Western media will not tell you that Ukraine has been forcing Luhansk and Donetsk regions to be part of it, in spite of vast majority of the people choosing to be independent via a referendum. What they want you to believe is that Vladimir Putin is bullying innocent Ukraine for pleasure.

Western media will not tell you that trampling on Ukraine's sovereignty is not Moscow Kremlin's main aim but survival against US-led NATO's encroachment, with the insistence on admitting Ukraine into NATO after allowing other Eastern European countries: Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, Slovakia, and Slovenia to join.

America can recognise the independence of Taiwan but Russia cannot recognise the independence of Luhansk and Donetsk.

America can recognise Jerusalem as the Capital of Israel but Russia cannot take back its people in Crimean Peninsula after they voted to join them.

Western media want you to believe that the West is always right while Russia and China are the perpetual bad guys.

3 Likes

Re: Russia Vs Ukraine: President Putin Ready To Negotiate by Aboks(m): 7:56pm On Feb 25, 2022
NLandIsHypocrit:
grin Rushia only gave them a warning signal..... Where're those E-rats making noise on behalf of Ukraine just before the conflict saying Ukraine will shock Russia and I was like.... Do these people really understand what they're talking about? Imagine Ukraine raising war shoulder with Russia, no be juju be that? Now what point have Ukraine really scored in the whole gbas-gbos. grin grin Which Country is next now....

Nigeria how market?grin

Nigeria will send boko haram/iswap to finish russia

Re: Russia Vs Ukraine: President Putin Ready To Negotiate by Unshackled: 7:56pm On Feb 25, 2022
NLandIsHypocrit:
Do you even know the issues behind the war? I know you don't know let me enlighten you... Ukraine is trying to join NATO which is against initial agreement between Russia and Ukraine after Ukrainian independence and this poses a great danger for Russia because NATO will now build their military base near Russia which amounts to security threat for Russia. Now that Russia is bombarding Ukraine for making moves to join NATO, where are your so called NATO member Nations that have been assuring Ukraine not to listen to Russia's threats that they're behind them? Abi them go find fuel buy ni? grin
Stop preaching to the choir.

We know Ukraine has not officially made a proposal nor are they qualified to become members. Russia is embittered because the government isn't leaning towards the Kremlin like Belarus.

But we we're digressing with your needless need to teach what you haven't finished understanding.

Let's get back to basics; the easiest war Russia can fight is with her own weak neighbour.

It's no measure of Putin's strength.
Re: Russia Vs Ukraine: President Putin Ready To Negotiate by FinallyFamous: 7:57pm On Feb 25, 2022
darediamond:

What as Nigeria and Other Nations especially in Africa benefited from America/Britain style of democracy other than raising pupet capitalist amongst us as a nation which they are using to further steal our resources.

What do we as Africans expecially gain from the International Monetary Fund organization?.

What

Why did General Abacha shut that useless building up in his days?

You think Abacha death was ordinary? Likewise M.K.O?

Was it not there agent C.I.A that killed both of them?

Had it been Babangida agree to Abiola's victory of June 12 do you think Britain will spare Him too?

See, The Anglo Saxon loves not you nor me.

They are Private Family at the Top who always uses divide and rule tactics as well as Lies and outright Wickedness of varying degrees to take over any nation.

Putin is trying to save us from there claws.

Better be Bullied by a Sensible Bully Like Putin than Those Merciless Killers In LONDON AND WASHINGTON.
finally someone who understand what is going on
Re: Russia Vs Ukraine: President Putin Ready To Negotiate by Great0ne1: 7:58pm On Feb 25, 2022
ifadiuyu:
Something they should have done earlier, shedding blood should never be the first option.
Zelensky is a very stupid man. He has failed his people. He is incapable of managing his world power neighbour. Innocent blood has been shade for nothing. I repeat Kiev, can maintain a healthy relationship with Russia and western allies

1 Like

Re: Russia Vs Ukraine: President Putin Ready To Negotiate by frog12: 7:58pm On Feb 25, 2022
go back to your study. yes, america sent russia weapons. i think just lorries, not even weapons. they were able to beat the germans back. during those times head of soviet/russia, stalin was killing all their scientists and inventors, so they lag in some way.

for your study, find out which country enter berlin first. berlin was germany capital then

Awesometouch1:

Ooooh, you were referring to another thing completely.

At what point was Russia able to make such incursion into Germany?
A German side that had fought for 5years with several countries simultaneously and almost sent Russia back to the stone age during that period.
That was the time the dinosaur called America had entered the war and Germany was disintegrating.
Before the US came on board Russia couldn't do shit.
Moreover, Russia was heavily supported by the US and Britain with superior arms and ammunition.
Try to be more logical.

This is what you should know. Victory is determined not by quantity but quality and that's where Russia is behind in every sphere. They've always been behind on this all the time and they don't have the economy to survive hard long wars without going into starvation.
The only problem now is no one wants a nuclear confrontation. Even on that, Russia's nuclear arsenal is less sophisticated but that doesn't mean they can't hit targets.
Re: Russia Vs Ukraine: President Putin Ready To Negotiate by Legend44(m): 8:03pm On Feb 25, 2022
Putin did not just invade Ukraine but also disrespected the international community and organisation.... do u know why.... cos the international organisation put in place as international police can't and will not do shit just as they can't do shit when the united States decides to do anything against the international policy. This event will test the credibility and effectiveness of the United Nations and if they fail just like the league of nations then u all should know that world war III is not far behind.
peppermint7:

Killing innocents people

I will repeat this again
They first make them mad
Re: Russia Vs Ukraine: President Putin Ready To Negotiate by frog12: 8:05pm On Feb 25, 2022
hen heh. so america no disrespect international order when dey invade syria ?

Legend44:
Putin did not just invade Ukraine but also disrespected the international community and organisation.... do u know why.... cos the international organisation put in place as international police can't and will not do shit just as they can't do shit when the united States decides to do anything against the international policy. This event will test the credibility and effectiveness of the United Nations and if they fail just like the league of nations then u all should know that world war III is not far behind.

1 Like

Re: Russia Vs Ukraine: President Putin Ready To Negotiate by frog12: 8:08pm On Feb 25, 2022
me don say am, na WOMAN go cause WW3. if you watch "Iron Sky 2", na woman launch nuclear weapons grin grin grin
Re: Russia Vs Ukraine: President Putin Ready To Negotiate by Downey(f): 8:10pm On Feb 25, 2022
The Russia if losing the war, might use nuclear bombs. We knows how devastating it would be.
But why would Russia wants NATO to to be at her door step.?
So, what Russia doing to prevent Ukraine from joining nato is doing right to keep herself safe. The same goes to USA, they would never wants Russia to install their ballistic missiles in Cuba,Canada,Mexico or some other countries near to her.
I saw his recent speech, where putin has clearly make stand that he doesn't wants war. He only wants his country to be safe.

Just my humble opinion.�

At the end may peace prevail soon. The sooner the better..��
Re: Russia Vs Ukraine: President Putin Ready To Negotiate by tegrianonigltd(m): 8:11pm On Feb 25, 2022
peppermint7:

Killing innocents people

I will repeat this again
They first make them mad

Which damage, you don’t research, Europe need Russia, not Russia needing Europe, Una Dey whine Putin??, if Mexico decide to join ally with Russia, America go do worst. How dare you younger brother, want to join Nato, why, how, with Russia as one of world power house. Then America in their border, Ehen. How na. Europe oil And gas is from Russia

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Abbas Ahmed: Grandson Of Hezbollah Chief Nasrallah Killed In Israeli Airstrike / Putin’s Speech On Annexation: What Exactly Did He Say? / Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.