Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Where Did The Name Igbo Come From? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Where Did The Name Igbo Come From? (961 Views)

Did The Igbo Really Change Oyigbo To Obigbo? / Where Does The Name Yoruba Come From? / Where Does The Surname Jatto Come From? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Did The Name Igbo Come From? by flowerpower23(f): 5:46am On Feb 26, 2022
Hello I'm arguing with someone and I need to know who came up with the name "Igbo"? How did it come to be and how old is it?
Re: Where Did The Name Igbo Come From? by flowerpower23(f): 5:58am On Feb 26, 2022
Does anybody here know when the "IGBO" name originated from and who originated it?

1 Like

Re: Where Did The Name Igbo Come From? by flowerpower23(f): 5:59am On Feb 26, 2022
What does the picture indicate?
helinues:
From the picture below and as for age, it don tey oo

grin cheesy
Re: Where Did The Name Igbo Come From? by helinues: 6:00am On Feb 26, 2022
flowerpower23:
What does the picture indicate?

Ma bi mi ni Jamb question now..

Re: Where Did The Name Igbo Come From? by Idiko1: 6:05am On Feb 26, 2022
flowerpower23:
Hello I'm arguing with someone and I need to know who came up with the name "Igbo"? How did it come to be and how old is it?

This is not the place or the platform to disclose such gem. It is a subject of inhouse discussion. It is unlike Yari.baa.
Re: Where Did The Name Igbo Come From? by flowerpower23(f): 6:06am On Feb 26, 2022
mba But seriously what does the picture mean?
helinues:

Ma bi mi ni Jamb question now..

Re: Where Did The Name Igbo Come From? by helinues: 6:07am On Feb 26, 2022
flowerpower23:
mba But seriously what does the picture mean?

No be from my mouth you go hear say the king's wife na witch..

Re: Where Did The Name Igbo Come From? by Idiko1: 6:08am On Feb 26, 2022
helinues:
From the picture below and as for age, it don tey oo

grin cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/15032995_images13_jpeg_jpegc38cacc753be0ec722c575388df668f6

Only a crackhead would remotely identify Igbo with the silly picture.

1 Like

Re: Where Did The Name Igbo Come From? by flowerpower23(f): 6:09am On Feb 26, 2022
I tire of una and your talking in tongues jist. Please just say what you mean.
helinues:

No be from my mouth you go hear say the king's wife na witch..
Re: Where Did The Name Igbo Come From? by helinues: 6:09am On Feb 26, 2022
Idiko1:

Only a crackhead would remotely identify Igbo with the silly picture.

From my own understanding, that's where the name originated from.

Btw, you are yet to tell us about your opinion on this issue.

Can we read from you.

Thank you
Re: Where Did The Name Igbo Come From? by helinues: 6:11am On Feb 26, 2022
flowerpower23:
I tire of una and your talking in tongues jist. Please just say what you mean.

Sometimes ,what you mean can be used against you not just in court of law but on social medias as well.

Re: Where Did The Name Igbo Come From? by mrvitalis(m): 6:11am On Feb 26, 2022
flowerpower23:
The first people I read that identified themselves as Igbo or eboa where the Igbos of bonny island in rivers state ....so everyone who speak the same language was called Igbo

The first Igbo language was written in bonny dialect

Ironically people today say bony is not Igbo
Re: Where Did The Name Igbo Come From? by Idiko1: 6:14am On Feb 26, 2022
helinues:

From my own understanding, that's where the name originated from.

Btw, you are yet to tell us about your opinion on this issue.

Can we read from you.

Thank you

There is what generally termed as the understanding of a fool. It is very natural especially when such crass stream of thought is offered as an answer to a question.

1 Like

Re: Where Did The Name Igbo Come From? by flowerpower23(f): 6:14am On Feb 26, 2022
How long ago was this? When did they start classifying themselves as Igbo?
mrvitalis:

The first people I read that identified themselves as Igbo or eboa where the Igbos of bonny island in rivers state ....so everyone who speak the same language was called Igbo

The first Igbo language was written in bonny dialect

Ironically people today say bony is not Igbo
Re: Where Did The Name Igbo Come From? by helinues: 6:16am On Feb 26, 2022
Idiko1:

There is what generally termed as the understanding of a fool. It is very natural especially when such crass stream of thought is offered as an answer to a question.

Toh

Can we now read where the name come from based on your understanding full of intelligent.

Thank you

Re: Where Did The Name Igbo Come From? by helinues: 6:20am On Feb 26, 2022
AchalugoNwa:

Rule 1

Thank you for inviting mods to this thread. Easy way to get rid of the boy cancelling the comments which is same you.

Known, confirmed, verified on this forum as the notorious NL canceller.

It's actually quarter cleverness to use one moniker to deliberately provoke others and switch to another moniker to report them when they respond.

Try and grow some balls. Engage with us intellectually without wasting your time and energy ball in the name of cancelling of comments and trolling.

Repeat your stale lines, what are you talking about

Eish
Re: Where Did The Name Igbo Come From? by Idiko1: 6:21am On Feb 26, 2022
helinues:

Toh

Can we now read where the name come from based on your understanding full of intelligent.

Thank you

https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/15033035_14918608img20220131115333jpegdc6352d54c38a7758ff48d7e61a76408_jpeg_jpeg666e1d39dcdd40c1b21b8071cd6794a8

I do not think it is a crime anywhere in the world to accept ignorance of a term. You should have submitted to your ignorance instead of the ridicule. I guess certain case of stupidity is very inherent. The link from your post explored the depth.

1 Like

Re: Where Did The Name Igbo Come From? by flowerpower23(f): 6:24am On Feb 26, 2022
Can you message me or something then the origin of the "Igbo" word?
Idiko1:

This is not the place or the platform to disclose such gem. It is a subject of inhouse discussion. It is unlike Yari.baa.
Re: Where Did The Name Igbo Come From? by Idiko1: 6:25am On Feb 26, 2022
flowerpower23:
Can you message me or something then the origin of the "Igbo" word?

Are you Igbo?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sneak Peak Into This Festival Of Virgins Of Zulu People / Which Tribe In Nigeria Is The Most Abusive? / Any R.o.f Member Here?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.