Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,371 members, 7,812,091 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:57 AM

Ukraine Must Join The EU: Zelenskiyy Remains Defiant - Foreign Affairs (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ukraine Must Join The EU: Zelenskiyy Remains Defiant (36726 Views)

IDF Shows Remains Of Iranian Ballistic Missile That Fell In Dead Sea / France Defiant, Insists Niger Military Junta Cannot Expel Its Ambassador / Niger: Coup Leaders remain defiant, form new Govt; appoint 21 Ministers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ukraine Must Join The EU: Zelenskiyy Remains Defiant by janetakan(f): 7:58pm On Feb 26, 2022
Dorad:
Madam hide your head .... You are shameless

This old witch, you're still on my case.

It's not my fault you're barren and frustrated ooo.
Re: Ukraine Must Join The EU: Zelenskiyy Remains Defiant by Aderewah: 7:59pm On Feb 26, 2022
Born2Breed:

They are all bunch of miserable ignoramuses.

I rather sit on the fence than take side with Ukraine.

You're clearly sensible.
Re: Ukraine Must Join The EU: Zelenskiyy Remains Defiant by Aderewah: 8:01pm On Feb 26, 2022
Dextre:

Even though there is sense in some of the things written here, there are also no sense in some. Climate change? Industrializing? Abi u nor get sense ni?, you think the threat of climate change is fiction, you think Africa will industrialize if given the chance sef? With this una mumu illiterate and superbly corrupt leaders and coward ass citizens? Abeg shift, talk another thing for there
And I ain’t speaking about ongoing war, just about your rationale on reason for preserving the climate

I don't have time or patience to explain things to foolish ignorant Nigerians. Watch and see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CnyqLogH0Y
Re: Ukraine Must Join The EU: Zelenskiyy Remains Defiant by baralatie(m): 8:02pm On Feb 26, 2022
joyandfaith:

There is civil war going in Syria. Anti-government forces and government forces. There are other militant groups. In this case, issue of ukraine sovereignty is at stake.
Yes the sovereignty of Ukraine is at stake!

The civil war was externally motivated by two parties the west and Russia!
I am not aware of the other militant groups operating in Ukraine!
Now let us look at it this way!
If in a country like Ukraine.your neighbour is Russia and it annexed Crimea and sponsored by arming pro Russians to divide Ukraine along traditional ukraine-Russians lines.
Then the leadership should know that they have a serious problem!
Now what would you have advised them to do?

For the Ukrainian executive the last they would do is to submit a NATO membership request(alarm bells will ring out in your Russian neighbour nau)
Re: Ukraine Must Join The EU: Zelenskiyy Remains Defiant by frog12: 8:02pm On Feb 26, 2022
tell african union grin grin
you know the west plan this to destroy russia economy. na their plan be dat always with nazi germany. grin
the way i see am, most of those countries in europe hate russians, so dem dey look for anyway to damage russia

you know na nazi germany dey in charge of eu now shocked shocked
na WW2 continuation be dis. germans are angry russians spoil WW2 for them, so na their payback be dis

1 Like

Re: Ukraine Must Join The EU: Zelenskiyy Remains Defiant by sulaak(m): 8:03pm On Feb 26, 2022
seunny4lif:
Iran and Venezuela are trading using Russia own version of swift

The hidden costs of cutting Russia off from SWIFT
America’s foes would rush to alternatives, hastening its financial decline

https://www.economist.com/finance-and-economics/2021/12/18/the-hidden-costs-of-cutting-russia-off-from-swift
Re: Ukraine Must Join The EU: Zelenskiyy Remains Defiant by seunny4lif(m): 8:05pm On Feb 26, 2022
Many countries already joined
sulaak:

The hidden costs of cutting Russia off from SWIFT
America’s foes would rush to alternatives, hastening its financial decline

https://www.economist.com/finance-and-economics/2021/12/18/the-hidden-costs-of-cutting-russia-off-from-swift

Re: Ukraine Must Join The EU: Zelenskiyy Remains Defiant by Karmaisme(m): 8:06pm On Feb 26, 2022
Aderewah:
Destroy Ukraine. To all idiots quoting me. You think Ukraine cares about your black ass? You're supporting racist nazis pretending to be victims. You're supporting NATO presided by US that has enslaved the world with dollar hegemony? You're against Putin, the only European leader who supported Gaddafi when Western hyenas came for him? Putin who opposes climate change bullshit which the West wants to use to stop Africa from ever industrialising? Some of you are irredeemable imbeciles.

Don't say what you don't know, Russia's representative at the United Nations security council voted in support of NATO's invasion of Lybia.

1 Like

Re: Ukraine Must Join The EU: Zelenskiyy Remains Defiant by Nobody: 8:07pm On Feb 26, 2022
Lekan239:
It's a shame Russia have not defeated Ukraine. I thought Russia claimed to have a weapon that could destroy the world
You wicked o! So, they should use it on them because they want to win easily. Even it took Almighty USA a whole 2 weeks to overrun ordinary Iraq with smaller geographical land mass during the Gulf war
Re: Ukraine Must Join The EU: Zelenskiyy Remains Defiant by dallyemmy: 8:11pm On Feb 26, 2022
Okay
Re: Ukraine Must Join The EU: Zelenskiyy Remains Defiant by Nobody: 8:12pm On Feb 26, 2022
Frosheer:
a good decision by the way
Imagine if this was Tinubu. He for don japa on hearing the first gunshot
Re: Ukraine Must Join The EU: Zelenskiyy Remains Defiant by Kokaine(m): 8:13pm On Feb 26, 2022
udemzyudex:

In your entire life have you ever witness a war?

The guy is on the frontline, taking up arms to defend his country and you're here saying he thinks war is a skit.

You're a big joke.
k
Re: Ukraine Must Join The EU: Zelenskiyy Remains Defiant by joyandfaith: 8:13pm On Feb 26, 2022
baralatie:

Yes the sovereignty of Ukraine is at stake!

The civil war was externally motivated by two parties the west and Russia!
I am not aware of the other militant groups operating in Ukraine!
Now let us look at it this way!
If in a country like Ukraine.your neighbour is Russia and it annexed Crimea and sponsored by arming pro Russians to divide Ukraine along traditional ukraine-Russians lines.
Then the leadership should know that they have a serious problem!
Now what would you have advised them to do?

For the Ukrainian executive the last they would do is to submit a NATO membership request(alarm bells will ring out in your Russian neighbour nau)

I don't understand.
Re: Ukraine Must Join The EU: Zelenskiyy Remains Defiant by betshopagent(m): 8:22pm On Feb 26, 2022
janetakan:

OH now you're female? I don't blame you Sha.

People like Bob risky has made it convenient for men to switch genders these days. Smh!

Mr man or Ms Shim, drink toilet water okay?

I said what I said.

You wish men was my problem... Lmao! I am a beautiful Akwa ibom lady, a man can never be my issue. It's not my fault you're ugly and nobody looks your way.

*catwalks away, throwing iPhone 12 pro in gutter*
Dora na ur fellow woman
Re: Ukraine Must Join The EU: Zelenskiyy Remains Defiant by Cabble4(m): 8:22pm On Feb 26, 2022
perambulator:

you can like him all you like but there is a 1991 agreement to which Ukraine and the west are signatories that forbids any further eastward expansion of NATO. Everybody is blaming Putin but most are ignorant of the facts. Ukraine joining the EU a or NATO (which they have been pushing for) goes against the agreement that ended the Soviet Union. Putin's motive for invading Ukraine is the threat of NATO on his doorstep. better to invade them now when they are not EU or NATO members.

many people comment out of ignorance!!!
Oh Goodness!!! You think you make sense? So to you, Ukrainians are toys or robots? These are human beings for God sake and there is no justification to kill people please. Seek other alternative that involves no blood shed. Lives are not what you think. I'm disappointed the way few of us talk about this issues as if peoples' life are not involved! If your relative was a Ukrainian, will you still say this nonsense?
Re: Ukraine Must Join The EU: Zelenskiyy Remains Defiant by Tmonex: 8:26pm On Feb 26, 2022
Lekan239:
It's a shame Russia have not defeated Ukraine. I thought Russia claimed to have a weapon that could destroy the world
You think you will be here typing if they go nuclear abi
Re: Ukraine Must Join The EU: Zelenskiyy Remains Defiant by betshopagent(m): 8:27pm On Feb 26, 2022
Kennedy97:

Una go dey talk like mumu

Go and read about Hiroshima if you think they don't have such weapons
Russia can't use nuclear weapons. Even Putin knows this.If he dared it; Russia wud be wiped-out of existence. I pray he does nuke Ukraine.
Re: Ukraine Must Join The EU: Zelenskiyy Remains Defiant by baralatie(m): 8:29pm On Feb 26, 2022
joyandfaith:

I don't understand.
Ok let me try to explain!

1.Ukraine is a close allay of Russia

2.Russia is a super power that signed up to defend Ukraine against any foreign agression against it

3.Russian govt has the president of Ukraine as it's offshoot parley

4.Everything was okay in the eyes of Russia

5.There was a protest in Ukraine and the leadership Changed(democracy).The ousted president escaped to Russia.Russia released a statement that the West has performed a coup in Ukraine!

6.Russia annexes Crimea after influencing a controversial referendum.

7.Skimishes start happening between Ukraine and Russia.

8.Pro Russia forces emerge and take the lands that Stalin gave to Ukraine as a gift for joining The Soviet Union.The west says Russia is arming pro Russian seperatists to divide up Ukraine.

9.Ukraine starts receiving aid from the west because Ukraine leadership wants to join the EU.Russia is unperturbed.

10.A new Ukrainian president is elected and has series of meetings with Putin to see if the civil war can end.No press releases were made.it was assumed it ended in a deadlock

11.Someone in the Ukrainian govt now submitss an application to join NATO.Russian federation was not taking it lightly and wants a regime change.

12.US govt meets with Putin and in a written letter tells Putin Ukraine was never going to be admitted.france and Germany met with Putin and assured Putin Ukraine was never going to be admitted to NATO.(to pacify Russia from carry out an invasion)

13.Zelensky never ad any meeting Putin till now

13:zelensky did not help matters with his public comments

1 Like

Re: Ukraine Must Join The EU: Zelenskiyy Remains Defiant by Just40: 8:30pm On Feb 26, 2022
joyandfaith:

I don't understand.
Read it again, you will understand.

If you want to be a good neighbor to the very same country that agreed for you to become a Republic and guaranteed your sovereignty.... Will you go and set a fire behind their window and claim that it is on your land so you can do whatever you want?
Re: Ukraine Must Join The EU: Zelenskiyy Remains Defiant by EdwardRandy(m): 8:31pm On Feb 26, 2022
Lekan239:
Pls don’t be naive.
Re: Ukraine Must Join The EU: Zelenskiyy Remains Defiant by Sensiblerealist: 8:48pm On Feb 26, 2022
I know jare. Just imagining the number of years this has set them back.
Nothing like peace ooo

StarGra:
Aid and support would come,not Like Nigeria that politicians would see it as Cashout

Re: Ukraine Must Join The EU: Zelenskiyy Remains Defiant by obainojazz(m): 8:50pm On Feb 26, 2022
The Comedian gaining strength everyday, most leaders would have fled their country by now.
Re: Ukraine Must Join The EU: Zelenskiyy Remains Defiant by pharmaking: 8:50pm On Feb 26, 2022
Person wey dey alive na him dey join EU.
Wait self, how NATO, EU, Ukrainian matter take affect me.

Re: Ukraine Must Join The EU: Zelenskiyy Remains Defiant by JOemmy(m): 8:56pm On Feb 26, 2022
Lekan239:

Russia actually have very deadly weapons but I don't think they will use it on the Ukrainians because they still see them as blood brothers. There's one particular non nuclear bomb they have called thermobaric bomb that is very devastating I just hope they won't be pushed to use it in this war.
Re: Ukraine Must Join The EU: Zelenskiyy Remains Defiant by michelism(m): 8:58pm On Feb 26, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
I am loving this man every minute..

He's not a bastard. He's like his old brother. You know he's a Russian speaking Ukrainian president!
Re: Ukraine Must Join The EU: Zelenskiyy Remains Defiant by orisa37: 9:00pm On Feb 26, 2022
Good.
Re: Ukraine Must Join The EU: Zelenskiyy Remains Defiant by Banuso99: 9:01pm On Feb 26, 2022
President Sadyr Zhaparov: Kyrgyz President Sadyr Zhaparov said in a phone call with Russian President Vladimir Putin that Kiev was responsible for the failure of the Minsk Agreements and supported the decisive action taken by Moscow to protect civilians in Donbas.
Re: Ukraine Must Join The EU: Zelenskiyy Remains Defiant by Banuso99: 9:03pm On Feb 26, 2022
State Duma President Volodin claims that Zelensky has left Kiev:

On his Telegram account, the State Duma speaker wrote that the Ukrainian president with his closest entourage left for Lviv. Volodin refers to the Rada deputies, who were invited to Lviv to meet with Zelensky.
Re: Ukraine Must Join The EU: Zelenskiyy Remains Defiant by Banuso99: 9:05pm On Feb 26, 2022
Russia Captures Weapons Delivered by West to Ukraine

Russian Defense Ministry Spokesman major general Igor Konashenkov announced that the weapons came from the United States and the United Kingdom.
Re: Ukraine Must Join The EU: Zelenskiyy Remains Defiant by olas24u(f): 9:08pm On Feb 26, 2022
Lekan239:

they have reached kiev and they are trying to reduce casualties because the Ukrainian army are hiding between buildings, so they have called in the expert for that type of fighting ,the Chechnya's.
Re: Ukraine Must Join The EU: Zelenskiyy Remains Defiant by frog12: 9:13pm On Feb 26, 2022
na for there americans go pick am up. kai grin

Banuso99:
State Duma President Volodin claims that Zelensky has left Kiev:

On his Telegram account, the State Duma speaker wrote that the Ukrainian president with his closest entourage left for Lviv. Volodin refers to the Rada deputies, who were invited to Lviv to meet with Zelensky.
Re: Ukraine Must Join The EU: Zelenskiyy Remains Defiant by Banuso99: 9:14pm On Feb 26, 2022
MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russian troops have destroyed a concrete dam built in Ukraine's Kherson Region in 2014 to cut off water to Crimea, the RIA news agency quoted the governor of Russian-annexed Crimea Sergei Aksyonov as saying on Saturday.

Ukraine cut off the fresh water supply to Crimea by damming a canal that had supplied 85% of the peninsula's needs before Moscow annexed Crimea in 2014.

The Soviet-era canal was built to channel water from the River Dnieper to arid areas of Ukraine's Kherson region and Crimea.

(Reporting by Maxim Rodionov; Editing by Andrew Osborn)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Russia Blasted Ukraine Capital, Kyiv With Waves Of Kamakaze Drones / International Criminal Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest On Putin for war crimes / Israel Vows 'Stronger Response' After Shooting Down Iranian Drones And Missiles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.