Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,564 members, 7,812,828 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:07 PM

Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens (46148 Views)

Peter Obi & Datti Ahmed Storm Kano For The Wedding Of Emir Of Kano's Daughter / Lagos APC Crisis: Sanwo-olu, Ambode’s Rift Deepens, Avoids Each Other / Akume, Ortom’s Rift Deepens, Governor Plans Defection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by okorogodwin4(m): 9:53pm On Feb 27, 2022
Almaigaa:

You are not meant to know.
you are a big fool
Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by Nobody: 9:54pm On Feb 27, 2022
BeardedmeatR:
Who was at head of these parastatals and ministries at that time? Who supervised the murder of the national assets? Who was the square peg in round holes? Who got there just by favoritism and not competence?

Northerners and Southerners were running the show. Plus, this is something that happened over years....it cannot be traced to someone called X.

Like NEPA. One way southerners and northerners destroyed NEPA was by trying to give everyone electricity...which overloaded the grid. Plus, we don;t pay market price for power here...which is why we don't get enough. Power is something that needs money, and when 40% or more of your consumers, regardless of tribe, are not paying for power..and the problem was there when it was NEPA....what do you expect? Miracles? Would you work well if you were being paid half your salary?

As for sports, we are not doing well as we should because...MONEY. Same for NTA, Nigeria Airways, and so forth.

Nigerians want cheap things cheap. That's why we have issues, and why we take loans...to cover up. Not because hausas or igbos or Yoruba's.

Please read my post again, I am not playing your tribal game. I am pointing out issues as to why some parastatals fail. Read the post, and stop judging me on tribe. While I am attacking his tribal bigotry, ultimately, I am not here to fight Ibo vs Awusa. Or Yourba vs Ibo vs Fula.

If you want to fight that fight, then, go elsewhere.

4 Likes

Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by Ngasky(m): 9:55pm On Feb 27, 2022
Emyogalanya:
they like to boss everyone around. Has he demanded apologies from that company that delayed his flight from Banjul ? No! There is one Igbo slave that they want to boss around. I don't blame them when Allen onyema was busy fighting IPOB he did not see this coming. They always return in shame after serving one Nigeria.
Sorry if you follow the story diligently you will observe that the company that delay from Banjul is the same airpeace. So that is why the case is complex.
Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by BarrElChapo(m): 9:55pm On Feb 27, 2022
Almaigaa:

You are not meant to know.

But you know right See how stupid you sound undecided

3 Likes

Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by Emyogalanya: 9:55pm On Feb 27, 2022
flokii:

According to the Emir's protocol person, Air peace delayed their flight from Banjul to Lagos, reason he made the call to Onyema to delay the next flight they were to join from Lagos to Kano..
how did they delay the flight from Banjul ? Is it their own airlines? Do they take responsibility for another company? Stop lying it's the emir pa that informed air peace that the Banjul flight will be coming In late at that moment they were already moving out when they reached out to the chairman, there was nothing else he could do
Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by Housing(m): 9:55pm On Feb 27, 2022
Onyeama should step in and do the needful. No need for publication of the in the newspaper but he should use the opportunity to strengthen his network.
Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by bigjoe1000(m): 9:56pm On Feb 27, 2022
Kano people doesn't fly air peace u think air peace cares?make una rest abeg
Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by Emyogalanya: 9:57pm On Feb 27, 2022
Ngasky:

Sorry if you follow the story diligently you will observe that the company that delay from Banjul is the same airpeace. So that is why the case is complex.
you have proofs
Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by DAVE5(m): 9:58pm On Feb 27, 2022
mfm04622:

You all need to know the full story before judging! Air Peace was wrong in the case. If an apology is all they are asking for, Air Peace should apologize.

What did airpeace do please
Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by JetStar: 9:58pm On Feb 27, 2022
KosiGee:

So Emir was late for his flight? Was that the problem? Did he miss the flight?

If he was late for his flight, what’s the demand for the airline and Onyeama to apologise to the emir all about. I’m still confused here.

It's all about pride. "I'm an Emir, so the public transport system have to wait for me, not me waiting for them." So Airpeace didn't do that hence the insult to the Emir. Kano people needs to buy a private jet for their Emirs. But niggas over there are too poor to be that benevolent.

2 Likes

Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by DAVE5(m): 9:59pm On Feb 27, 2022
KosiGee:

I am lost here. Please what’s the apology for? How did the airline delay or offend the monarch.

Sorry I haven’t been following this development and couldn’t find the answers when I googled.

What’s the cause of the whole issue?

We plenty wey dey wait to one wetin airpeace do
Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by creepsyme(f): 10:00pm On Feb 27, 2022
Benite:

https://thenationonlineng.net/emir-of-kano-air-peace-row-deepens/
When they go to abroad they obey the rule of law like they have the receipt for it .
But when they are back to the zoo, the put on the zoo apparel and start behaving like the animals they are in the name of leaders.
Impunity of the ruling class..... Shiiooo... I weep for this country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by eRex(m): 10:01pm On Feb 27, 2022
[right][/right]
galaxy2020:
Ask Gandollar to get the emir his own private jet.
Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by Christmentor(m): 10:02pm On Feb 27, 2022
if Airpeace apologize to Emir I will stop flying Airpeace
Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by Positivepoint(m): 10:03pm On Feb 27, 2022
DrGoodman:
Some people still trying to be above the law.

Same "I too big" attitude that destroyed Nigerian Airways and NEPA, same attitude that killed NTA, same attitude that scattered the sports ministry.

This section of the country who loves to delay others by forcing everyone to endure their backwardness should return to the part of Africa where they joined Nigeria from.

Seems u re blinded by stupidity that u failed to see the argument here.

Below are the fact for ur simple bigoted brain.

They booked both airpeace tickets from Banjul Gambia to Lagos and Lagos to kano in advance.

Airpeace delayed Banjul to Lagos flight by an hour.

They arrived Nigeria 30min before Lagos kano airpeace flight.

If their initial flight wasn't delayed, they should have arrived Lagos 1hr 30mn before the Lagos to kano flight.

Courtesy demand they apologize for such embarrassing inefficiency of their airline.
Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by Realcash224(m): 10:04pm On Feb 27, 2022
Na this kind tin dey make Putin fez anyhow
Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by kunleham(m): 10:16pm On Feb 27, 2022
Air peace is notorious when it comes to flight delay and cancellation. They should apologize. I've been involved in more than three occasions!

2 Likes

Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by richard69(m): 10:16pm On Feb 27, 2022
DrGoodman:

Same "I too big" attitude that destroyed Nigerian Airways and NEPA, same attitude that killed NTA, same attitude that scattered the sports ministry.

This section of the country who loves to delay others by forcing everyone to endure their backwardness should return to the part of Africa where they joined Nigeria from.
future jargon Highland uou mean?
Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by SarkinYarki: 10:19pm On Feb 27, 2022
Almaigaa:

I guarantee you this. Air Peace is actually owned by a Northerner, just like Glo and other multi billion naira companies in this Country.. Onyeama is just camouflaged by acting as the owner. And you claimed Igbo's don't bow to no one. You are wrong. They bow to their Northern masters every day. grin

Which Northerner owns GLO? cheesy. Don't make me laugh at you bplease
Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by Freelancerx: 10:23pm On Feb 27, 2022
CaptainAyub:

Stop hiding behind your tecno phone,come out physically and personally teach us that lesson
wetin concern Tecno with this one now
Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by mfm04622: 10:42pm On Feb 27, 2022
DAVE5:

What did airpeace do please

Drgoodman

The Emir and his party (10 in all) came have a ticket from outside Nigeria to Kano via Lagos. This mean the international flight will land in Lagos, then they will board a connecting flight from Lagos to Kano.

But the international flight was delayed for more than 2 hours. Before the flight left the international airport, the party had expressed their concern about the connecting flight. They were assured no issue. The international flight landed with only 30 minutes before the Lagos-Kano flight is to leave. They got to the gate in 15 minutes and were told the gate was closed and they be boarded. So of course they were angry. You caused the delay and you can't delay the flight that is still on ground to board the party?
Okay, let us get another flight, Air Peace said they will be charged a "No show" fee to revalidate their ticket. Another reason they were angry.
Okay, according to law, if international flight is late, the air line is supposed to provide hotel accommodation for the passengers. Air Peace did not.
So if the Emir and his party is just asking for apology, without pushing for refund of ni show fees and the hotel fees, why shouldn't Air Peace apologize? They caused this mess up. I suspect they have sold and boarded the seats the emir and his party was to occupy but why charge them no show fees?
Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by lagosrd: 10:46pm On Feb 27, 2022
If not...... He will close Kano airspace to air peace flying over it . Awon set werey. Una rag wearing clown should get himself a private jet sap.

If they apologize, what will come out of it will be worse than anything they seen before. Every tom, dirk and Harry will sue them at every slight provocation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by HilcomTech(m): 10:52pm On Feb 27, 2022
Ndi mkporu mirri cannibals at it again.

They allow their hate and bitterness to overcome them.

They hate Muslims and northerners so much that they had to insult the emir of Kano.
Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by Oblongatarh(m): 11:00pm On Feb 27, 2022
Tendering an apology will be the most stupid thing for Air Peace to do. It's high time these people are thought how to do things right, or let them know that they are not better than anybody else. How the hell can you ask an airline to delay it's flight by an hour just because you are an Emir, not minding how the passengers that have already boarded and waiting for take off would feel. And because Airpeace refuse to keep it's passengers waiting for an hour, you call that a disrespect to the Emir? To hell with his royalty. Airpeace is not Arewa Airways or Nigerian Airways. If the people of Kano feel insulted by the action of the airline, Kano state should float its own airline or get a private jet for the Emir. Afterall, Ibom Air is state owned,and Kano state can own theirs if corruption will allow it. Abeg make I no use una own give myself headache jare......

3 Likes

Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by HilcomTech(m): 11:03pm On Feb 27, 2022
eagleu:
So now, we know that this emir's chief of protocol or whatever he calls himself is actually the one formenting trouble in the name of the emir.
If the emir doesn't sack him, them both of them will go down together. This is 2022, not 19222.

Typical ndi mkporu mirri cannibal are quick to aportion blames to everyone but themselves.
Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by HilcomTech(m): 11:05pm On Feb 27, 2022
backbencher:
On the case...the request made by the Emir's entourage was risky. You cannot, i repeat...cannot stop a plane once it is in the taxiing mode.

Yet that is what they wanted to do. Air peace was right to deny their request.

Air peace even offered them free pass on the next flight self. More than they do for regular passengers. And they still refused

A similar thing happened in South Korea. The daughter of the founder and CEO of an airline ordered a plane in taxi mode back into the hangar because 'she did not get her fave brand of peanuts, or something). That nearly caused a crisis at the airport and put people at risk. The woman who was also an exec at the airline, had to apologise, and was punished by the law. What she did was wrong.

Air peace acted in good faith.

You are taking sides based on your fellow mkporu mirri's side of the story.

Learn to listen and act based on both sides of a story.

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by Nobody: 11:06pm On Feb 27, 2022
HilcomTech:

You are taking sides based on your fellow mkporu mirri's side of the story.

Learn to listen and act based on both sides of a story.

Well, since you have decided to insult me for no good reason by calling me a drug addict, I bid you good evening.

Thanks for your time.

5 Likes

Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by Geeman2006: 11:09pm On Feb 27, 2022
DrGoodman:

Nobody is forcing anybody to endure anything, if you had been calling their bluff from the go we won't be having this conversation. But Alas, collusion & sabotage is where we find ourselves today. Everyone is guilty.
Even though I believe Air Peace should not apologize for any baggar.
Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by LegalWolf: 11:16pm On Feb 27, 2022
DrGoodman:

Loooooool, see pot calling kettle black. Did you read his side of the story?
Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by Neutralactivist: 11:17pm On Feb 27, 2022
If the explanation given by the Air Peace management is anything to go by, then I will say that this matter is being dragged unnecessarily. Come on, a whole flight whose departure time is due can't be delayed just for one person's sake whether emir or not. If you don't come on time then you wait for the next flight or better you charter a private jet as a big man wey you be. Maybe there's something else, like they made an arrangement with Oyeama as a friend, then he failed to inform his operations manager on time and eventually they missed the flight and felt disrespected. In the end all this is very unnecessary. You couldn't board the flight and you took another one to your Kano. If you feel bad about what happened, just stop patronising them. No need to drag issues. But this is Africa, they must flex muscles. When they go abroad they stand in trains. Who remember one pix of a nija governor standing in a train in the UK. Here he will sack and luck up the railway station manager. Africa, we sure say we.want progress?

2 Likes

Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by LegalWolf: 11:18pm On Feb 27, 2022
limeta:
Your start and stop ends in kano
who need your fake emirship

Looool, is something your elders will bow to if they want to be president. Same with other respected traditional leaders across the country. So, stop capping
Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by executive12: 11:19pm On Feb 27, 2022
Nonsense. If Air Peace does not issue an apology, what would the Kano emirate do? Ban the airline from Kano. Bunch of fools.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Obaseki: From Fry Pan To Fire? Offered PDP N6 Billion For Ticket - ThisDay / Governor Tambuwal's Vehicle, Convoy Ferried Across A River With Boats (photos) / Three Reasons Why NSA Sambo Dansuki Is Under Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.