Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,806 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised (36116 Views)

Russia - Ukraine War In Pictures, From The Frontlines (Photos) / Hundreds Arrested As Russians Protest Invasion Of Ukraine (Pictures) / 150 Russian Officials Condemn Putin's Invasion Of Ukraine In Open Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by Invitationn: 8:54am On Feb 28, 2022
Loewe:
People like the writer only seek opportunities to air their bigoted views against western countries but it's not applicable at all.

He spoke about Afghanistan, but the US only entered Afghanistan to capture Osama Bin Laden and displace the Taliban, a part of which Osama was.

He is indirectly saying Ukrainians have no right to defend themselves, just to criticize America, Israel et al... Some of you are are busy supporting the nonsensical post.
And spent 20years doing so grin
Listen to yourself!
The US invaded a SOVEREIGN state to capture Osama bin laden against their will and took them 20years to leave. You are the bigot here.
You sound dumb.

1 Like

Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by Nobody: 9:05am On Feb 28, 2022
UnimkeAk:

NATO
Not the US , you biased prick..

America and the west is going down with all her attrocities, like the west intervene , by joining the fight let's see

You're crazy you know... "biased prick" was really funny, I had to laugh even though u insulted me cheesy cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by descarado: 9:22am On Feb 28, 2022
BigBashiru:

For so many years I doubted that civilization started in Africa oh because I was always watching BBC and cnn who always portrayed Africa in derogatory terms.... until last year or so I had a closer look and found out the truth....

Civilization started in Africa actually but the western Europeans tried to rewrite this truth after semi successful colonisation.

Ancient Egypt is among the oldest civilization which is why it was found in the bible.... bini kingdom, Ethiopia and mali are some notable examples. It all started here in africa.
You know king James bible?
That guy was black. Yes, black man once ruled uk.
Completely erased from history.

Spain was more of black and governed by black.

Our problem is we refuse to do small research and swallow every junk our Lords give us.

When we hate our hair, colour, languages, etc, how can we fight for our freedom.

I once asked an old British army veteran I met one day why they stole our edifices and proudly display as theirs, he said it's for preservation.

I said, is it yours, how did the owners preserve them till you stole them? Can you tell me anything indigenous to you guys if not things stolen and renamed after conquest from colonies and till date, you guys still don't wanna let go.
Guy was speechless.
His uncle said their sins are catching up with them and will eventually swallow them up.
The more you look, the less u see. Without colonies they still hold by their balls, they are dead and they know it.
Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by Nobody: 9:32am On Feb 28, 2022
tellmemore15:

my friend, idont expect this from you. what has changed btw both crises, nothing.. they are exactly the same. Russia should face the US or Nato if theynt comfortable with Ukraine joining Nato instead killing innocent people who only expressed their right of association.

If Russia was that good, why did all the break awyas not join them as allies? did you think of that... because no democracy will strive with authoritarian friends.

lastly, point of correction, Russia was defeated during the cold war which lead to the break of USSR. they did not release Ukraine willingly as you stated. they where plainly defeated bu the US and Nato.
Let me ask you just two question have you ever heard of the world Budapest? I am sure you are not familiar with it google it. Secondly if I may ask also, is Ukraine bid to join Nato more important than the life of it citizens seeing that Putin is Authoritarian like you mention?
Could you please help me answer the two above ?
Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 10:06am On Feb 28, 2022
Loud it...YouTube just banned Russian news,so how person wan get update bayi

Armaggedon:
Isn't it funny how many mainstream Western media that run the story of Ukrainian soldiers and later it emerged their were alive. Some called it propaganda but it wasn't propaganda, it was an outright lie and fake news intended to decieve people.

The question is how many news channel was sanctioned by Facebook and twitter for posting such fake news since the conflict began? How many of such news was even blocked by their usual "fact check"? None

Yet many Russian news channels have been blocked by Youtube.
Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by Elvis778(m): 10:14am On Feb 28, 2022
Emu4life:
Aljazeerah has been exposing the western hypocritic ass, that's why they so much hate Al Jazeera.
If you want real and factual news from credible and unbiased source, check Al Jazeera.
FOX, BBC, CNN, REUTERS, ECONOMISTS, MIRROR, SUN etc are western propaganda tools
Add CBS to the list of government tools.
Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by Swallowurspit(m): 10:58am On Feb 28, 2022
Armaggedon:
Isn't it funny how many mainstream Western media that run the story of Ukrainian soldiers and later it emerged their were alive. Some called it propaganda but it wasn't propaganda, it was an outright lie and fake news intended to decieve people.

The question is how many news channel was sanctioned by Facebook and twitter for posting such fake news since the conflict began? How many of such news was even blocked by their usual "fact check"? None

Yet many Russian news channels have been blocked by Youtube.

Peace is inevitable
Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by Armaggedon: 11:35am On Feb 28, 2022
bepositive11:

Russia has a history of attacking and killing journalists with opposing views
They have neither claimed to be the leader of the free world so you can't accuse them of hypocrisy.
Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by skywalker240(m): 12:18pm On Feb 28, 2022
chucksbonda:
God bless you sir, am in bayelsa, please help me in any way you can no matter how small I will manage. please sir please.
Am sorry Sir, i wish I could
Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by Emu4life(m): 12:20pm On Feb 28, 2022
NOwazobia:
exactly the reply of someone who has no point, but only led by prejudice.
Opinion is like an a$$hole, everyone's got one.
Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by Emu4life(m): 12:23pm On Feb 28, 2022
moralistic:
aljazeera is anti west...is Islamic...and also sympathizes with terrorists.

The west doesn't like aljazeera..
..the East doesn't like CNN and BBC...

Just like the Westerners told you Nelson Mandela and Gaddafi were Terrorists.
I seriously don't support the idea of using my brain 'conditionally'cheesy
Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by Emu4life(m): 12:26pm On Feb 28, 2022
just2endowed:

Most extremist will stick to Al jazera...
'Extremists' is relativecheesy
Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by Emu4life(m): 12:30pm On Feb 28, 2022
freshkpomo:

[s]The countries when you carry for head non of them dey accommodate your skin colour. But we have so many Nigerians schooling in Ukraine and many Nigerians who left poverty with the help of American visa lottery.[/s]
Just like they gave your Kings Sugar/Mirror in exchange for your Grandfathers.
Where's the justification that a part of the World experience Peace while others do not??
You are supporting them for what they've done for you at the expense of millions of Lives The African greed and Selfishness is Hereditary.
Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by freshkpomo(m): 12:41pm On Feb 28, 2022
Emu4life:

Just like they gave your Kings Sugar/Mirror in exchange for your Grandfathers.
Where's the justification that a part of the World experience Peace while others do not??
You are supporting them for what they've done for you at the expense of millions of Lives The African greed and Selfishness is Hereditary.
I am glad you admitted that Africans are greedy. Before the west came,were you aware that you always invaded each other and took slaves to slaughter to your varous deity of for some other inhuman reasons? This was Africans invading and killing fellow Africans and which till date still happen over land boundary issue. People like you would probably not be able to type this shit if not fir the West because you would have been isolated from the world while you continue hunting yourselves like rabbits. What about the Arabs? Do you think they were the first to settle in the places they bkw dwell in today? What happened to the indigenous black Africans in those regions? They #Jihaded all of them right?

The west is bad,but don't be hypocritical about it as if they are your problem in Africa when even you have done worse to yourselves... Just look at what our Politicians are doing,abeg I don tire to talk.
Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by Emu4life(m): 12:46pm On Feb 28, 2022
olawonder:

Lol… u don’t know wah is goin on undecided
Al Jazeera is pro West, they supported the Western invaders during the ousting and killing of Gadaffi, they’re at the moment campaigning against Russia too. Qatar is being excluded by its neighbours but being protected and supported by the West, so it only makes sense that it serves their interests as a benefactor!

The more you look, the less you see.
Al Jazeera seems pro West because they are reporting situations as it is, no sugar coating, no white washing.
Why did the UK try to blacklist/Kick out Al Jazeera during Theresa May's regime?
I thought not attacking the press is one of the UN rules of War, why were the Isreali Military targeting Al Jazeera media houses during it's invasion of Palestine??
During the Qatar Embargo by Middle East states, why was Saudis(US big ally) key requirement for de-escalation; QATAR 's dissolving of Al Jazeera??
Did you just said the West helped Qatar? Hell No!! Iran, Turkey and other Eastern countries were the helpers of Qatar. Even now, Turkish and Iranian military forces are still in Qatar.
Do you know Qatar left OPEC because of harassment from Saudi and it's Western allies. Qatar is no longer an oil producing state, they now rely fully on Gas export.
THEY HATE AL JAZEERA BECAUSE IT IS REPORTING SITUATIONS AS IT IS WITHOUT EDITING INCLUDING THE ATROCITIES SAUDI IS COMMITTING IN YEMEN, US IN SOMALIA AND AFGHANISTAN ETC.
Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by Emu4life(m): 1:01pm On Feb 28, 2022
freshkpomo:

I am glad you admitted that Africans are greedy. Before the west came,were you aware that you always invaded each other and took slaves to slaughter to your varous deity of for some other inhuman reasons? This was Africans invading and killing fellow Africans and which till date still happen over land boundary issue. People like you would probably not be able to type this shit if not fir the West because you would have been isolated from the world while you continue hunting yourselves like rabbits. What about the Arabs? Do you think they were the first to settle in the places they bkw dwell in today? What happened to the indigenous black Africans in those regions? They #Jihaded all of them right?

The west is bad,but don't be hypocritical about it as if they are your problem in Africa when even you have done worse to yourselves... Just look at what our Politicians are doing,abeg I don tire to talk.

I will be glad to know where the Arabs came from if not the Middle East.
So many of your analogy is flawed but I wont want to go into that. Like saying the West gave us internet so we should accept every bullshit dey throw at us? We should accept Black as White because the West gave us internet?
The first Country to go Space is Russia. If the West doesn't give us internet, others would. like we are not paying for it??

If not for China, smartphones would have been luxury to 80% of Africans. So we should tolerate Chinese bullshit cuz they gave us cheap phones.

BOTTOM LINE IS; THERE'S NO JUSTIFICATION THAT A PART OF THE WORLD SHOULD EXPERIENCE PEACE WHILE OTHERS RIT IN AGONY.
EVERY LIVING BEING DESERVE PEACE.
Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by bepositive11: 1:11pm On Feb 28, 2022
Armaggedon:
They have neither claimed to be the leader of the free world so you can't accuse them of hypocrisy.

The conclusion is Russian media is not trustworthy
Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by doshiyad1: 2:58pm On Feb 28, 2022
Lovenorth:
Russia should go ahead with their amazing defensive measures in Ukraine and forget the useless western media

Really! undecided undecided undecided
Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by freshkpomo(m): 4:04pm On Feb 28, 2022
Emu4life:

I will be glad to know where the Arabs came from if not the Middle East.
So many of your analogy is flawed but I wont want to go into that.

I am glad you said all living things deserve Peace and that's what you have gotten from the western democracy. The west gave you Internet and also freedom to use it. Now imagine you were in a country where if you condemn the way the government is run you will go to jail, I am sure you won't be using this internet freely the way you are currently cos one word don land you inside jail and it does not matter if you are right it wrong. You know the countries I am talking about. Countries where citizens don't have a voice at all. But here in Nigeria,you have a voice though it's little, you can speak against injustice no matter who and how. Can you do that in some countries? Is that peace or bondage? Don't you think everyone deserves peace?
Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by Invitationn: 4:20pm On Feb 28, 2022
Timekeeper452:
Nothing like false narrative. Putin is loosing this one.

He’s already playing his queen (Threatening nuclear missiles). So much for the brilliant strategist. He is not operating on rational but on pure emotion. It’s too late for him to pull back and negotiate. The consolidated economic response along with Ukraine’s steel spine has revealed his weakness.

In other words, this goose is cooked.

Putin is even now threatening google to unban their youtube channel in Ukraine.

The fact that Putin could demand, threaten, kick and scream and the whole world is ignoring him like a toddler on the floor is priceless. It also shows that his “strength” is nothing. He is nothing.

Just want to add that it is still early and the Ukrainian’s are doing the heavy lifting for the rest of the world. We need to remember what they have sacrificed for us.
Sacrificed for you and who?
Come on man! Stop being unnecessarily emotional.
Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by Invitationn: 4:29pm On Feb 28, 2022
perambulator:
This is why we say the rest of the world should be happy there are countries like China, Russia North korea, etc to keep these western imperialists in check!!
Trump would have invaded North Korea if not for the fact that they have nukes and ICBMs capable of hitting the US mainland.
Nukes are the ultimate nuke deterrent. How ironic.
Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by Nobody: 4:30pm On Feb 28, 2022
Invitationn:

Trump would have invaded North Korea if not for the fact that they have nukes and ICBMs capable of hitting the US mainland.
Nukes are the ultimate nuke deterrent. How ironic.

What’s the irony?
Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by Invitationn: 4:50pm On Feb 28, 2022
perambulator:

What’s the irony?
The irony is there. Check
Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by Lankyscot(m): 6:08pm On Feb 28, 2022
You my friend are an IDIOT!

why una never invade Libya and other countries supplying Iswap and Boko Haram with weapons? Abeg shut up e
[/quote]
Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by Armaggedon: 7:21pm On Feb 28, 2022
bepositive11:

The conclusion is Russian media is not trustworthy
Is western media trust worthy? Yes or no?
If no, why restricting one and allowing the other? Abi u don't forget the topic?
Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by bepositive11: 7:58pm On Feb 28, 2022
Armaggedon:
Is western media trust worthy? Yes or no?
If no, why restricting one and allowing the other? Abi u don't forget the topic?

Of course, it's important to always be skeptical but Westerner media is more trustworthy than Russia's because Western journalists with opposing views don't get attacked and killed in their countries. If fact, journalists sometimes flee their own countries and come to the West for safety

BTW, does Russia allow Western media to show on TV? Western countries allowed Russian channels until their lies regarding the Ukraine war became unbearable

Also, the West has a lot of transparency. You will see Western media outlets doing highly informative documentaries calling their own governments out on their BS. Like PBS - you should check them out. Need I say more?
Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by Emu4life(m): 8:12pm On Feb 28, 2022
freshkpomo:

I am glad you said all living things deserve Peace and that's what you have gotten from the western democracy. The west gave you Internet and also freedom to use it. Now imagine you were in a country where if you condemn the way the government is run you will go to jail, I am sure you won't be using this internet freely the way you are currently cos one word don land you inside jail and it does not matter if you are right it wrong. You know the countries I am talking about. Countries where citizens don't have a voice at all. But here in Nigeria,you have a voice though it's little, you can speak against injustice no matter who and how. Can you do that in some countries? Is that peace or bondage? Don't you think everyone deserves peace?
Is this your definition of Peace?

Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by Nobody: 8:13pm On Feb 28, 2022
bepositive11:

Of course, it's important to always be skeptical but Westerner media is more trustworthy than Russia's because Western journalists with opposing views don't get attacked and killed in their countries. If fact, journalists sometimes flee their own countries and come to the West for safety

BTW, does Russia allow Western media to show on TV? Western countries allowed Russian channels until their lies regarding the Ukraine war became unbearable

Also, the West has a lot of transparency. You will see Western media outlets doing highly informative documentaries calling their own governments out on their BS. Like PBS - you should check them out. Need I say more?
They do well for their country, no one is disputing that.
But then they also hold tights to what they call patriotism anything that contributes to their country interest is absolute.
Take a case study of Boris Johnson, with all his troubles at home, when it came to Russian and the need to protect their interests options melo why? They have got matter of national interest.
So their media will never oppose the national interest okay? Let me ask you has covid stopped killing people �‍♀️ Suddenly the unVaccinated is no longer trying to kill the vaccinated. It's now Russia vs Ukraine like someone outright said here. Don't be deceived they don't like Ukraine they want to destroy Russians resilience.that it for them, they also see Russia as threat considering it military capabilities okay. You are welcome don't mention
Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by Emu4life(m): 8:35pm On Feb 28, 2022
freshkpomo:

You have been hoodwinked by the West to believe all these sh!t?? Do you know controversies around Tupac, Bob Marley and other freedom fighters death? Do you know how many people have been eliminated by the FBI, CIA and other us Secret services for criticizing their atrocities?? Do you know how many of these agents have confessed to these atrocities towards the end of thier lives??

The US will have you believe that people are dying of hunger in North Korea and Iran right?? Let me tell you, if these countries are to pause with thier developments, it will take more than half a Century for Some countries in Europe and Africa to catch up with them. Dude, you need to give yourself a brain and stop swallowing whatever the Western countries throw at you. I know if you had been from Europe or America, you would still believe the stupid Western stereotype that Africans live on Trees and in Caves in this 21st Century.

To clarify, I don't despise West for pleasure. But it doesn't make sense that a particular group of people tell you what is good according to their own feelings when you have a God given brain.

Ukrainians fight for their lands, they call them Heroes
Palestinians fight for their lands, they call them Terrorists
US and NATO invades Syria, Iraq, Vietnam, Yugoslavia, Libya, Afghanistan kill millions of civilians, they call it INTERVENTION
Russia invades Ukraine, they call them Murderers

Is this the kind of World you want us to continue living? I don't hate the West but we all should have a Say. The Whites are not better than other races.

I will like you to honestly answer this Question.
DO YOU BELIEVE THE WESTERN DECLARATION THAT NELSON MANDELLA IS A TERRORIST??

Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by bepositive11: 9:04pm On Feb 28, 2022
sirDUKE:

They do well for their country, no one is disputing that.
But then they also hold tights to what they call patriotism anything that contributes to their country interest is absolute.
Take a case study of Boris Johnson, with all his troubles at home, when it came to Russian and the need to protect their interests options melo why? They have got matter of national interest.
So their media will never oppose the national interest okay? Let me ask you has covid stopped killing people �‍♀️ Suddenly the unVaccinated is no longer trying to kill the vaccinated. It's now Russia vs Ukraine like someone outright said here. Don't be deceived they don't like Ukraine they want to destroy Russians resilience.that it for them, they also see Russia as threat considering it military capabilities okay. You are welcome don't mention

They even offered to evacuate Zelensky. What makes you think that they don't like Ukraine? I've also been move by Zelensky's courage and the courage of Ukranians to defend their country

With the Omnicron variant, which is much more transmissible but much less severe for the vaccinated, covid is no longer a major concern

Look, the media reflects the interest of the people. What's burning on people's mind is what the media will talk about. Right now, people are much more concerned about the Ukraine war than covid

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Shooting At July 4 Parade In Highland Park, US. 6 Dead, Suspect Not In Custody / Cyberattack: Ukraine Defence Ministry Websites, Banks/ATM Services Are Down / Texans Can Now Openly Carry Guns In Public Without A Permit Or Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.