Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,209 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised (36095 Views)

Russia - Ukraine War In Pictures, From The Frontlines (Photos) / Hundreds Arrested As Russians Protest Invasion Of Ukraine (Pictures) / 150 Russian Officials Condemn Putin's Invasion Of Ukraine In Open Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by Bigchristo: 9:02pm On Feb 27, 2022
Loewe:

Lol... Make I leave you. cheesy grin
Kwantinue make I give you hot hot grin grin grin
Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by Emmy3(m): 9:02pm On Feb 27, 2022
Lankyscot:
I will NOT SPEAK about the Russia/Ukraine debacle after now, but AMERICA is very wicked and hypocritical. There is a reason why I always advocate CRITICAL THINKING.

I am never emotional when I speak about very weighty matters...NEVER! We must learn to do our personal research and gather information so that we are not MISLEAD by the mainstream media. In 1962, America nearly went to war with Russia simply because Russia had deployed BALLISTIC MISSILES to Cuba.

The U.S were not having it because they didn't want a country like Cuba which was an ALLY of Russia having such missiles so close to them. Today, Russia is simply doing what any nation would do to protect themselves. The HYPOCRTICAL U.S is trying to get Ukraine into NATO which will enable them place WEAPONS and a NATO BASE in Ukraine.

Russia is simply saying to them..."Just like you didn't allow us place weapons in Cuba, we too will not allow you place weapons in Ukraine". This is the simple SUMMARY of this war...They are saying," We will not allow Ukraine join NATO because it will bring you too close to us and that makes us VULNERABLE. We too will not take it".

When you understand how THE WEST LIES, you will know how to protect yourself. The POWER BROKERS of this world are CALLOUS...Let's learn to DEEPLY THINK...There is a difference between "A TRUTH" and "WHAT IS TRUE"�.

1. J.F.K never invaded Cuba
2. Agreement of security pretection was reached between Soviet and Cuba as early as 1960.
The diplomatic solution and agreement to this is never to deploy medium, intermediate and long range ballistic missiles around each other's territory.
Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by Nobody: 9:04pm On Feb 27, 2022
Lankyscot:
I will NOT SPEAK about the Russia/Ukraine debacle after now, but AMERICA is very wicked and hypocritical. There is a reason why I always advocate CRITICAL THINKING.

I am never emotional when I speak about very weighty matters...NEVER! We must learn to do our personal research and gather information so that we are not MISLEAD by the mainstream media. In 1962, America nearly went to war with Russia simply because Russia had deployed BALLISTIC MISSILES to Cuba.

The U.S were not having it because they didn't want a country like Cuba which was an ALLY of Russia having such missiles so close to them. Today, Russia is simply doing what any nation would do to protect themselves. The HYPOCRTICAL U.S is trying to get Ukraine into NATO which will enable them place WEAPONS and a NATO BASE in Ukraine.

Russia is simply saying to them..."Just like you didn't allow us place weapons in Cuba, we too will not allow you place weapons in Ukraine". This is the simple SUMMARY of this war...They are saying," We will not allow Ukraine join NATO because it will bring you too close to us and that makes us VULNERABLE. We too will not take it".

When you understand how THE WEST LIES, you will know how to protect yourself. The POWER BROKERS of this world are CALLOUS...Let's learn to DEEPLY THINK...There is a difference between "A TRUTH" and "WHAT IS TRUE"�.

You sum it all man!
Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by frowland(m): 9:04pm On Feb 27, 2022
Loewe:
People like the writer only seek opportunities to air their bigoted views against western countries but it's not applicable at all.

He spoke about Afghanistan, but the US only entered Afghanistan to capture Osama Bin Laden and displace the Taliban, a part of which Osama was.

He is indirectly saying Ukrainians have no right to defend themselves, just to criticize America, Israel et al... Some of you are are busy supporting the nonsensical post.

So why did they enter Iraq?

1 Like

Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by formaxy: 9:05pm On Feb 27, 2022
neuf:

again you clearly missed the whole point as it is usual with you guys.

Poland, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania are all closer to Russia than Turkey yet there's no missile there.
So why should they leave those ones and only be looking for Ukraine. You that have read wide. Reason! Think critical.

An AWC don't need to fly over a country to get info about enemy positions and equipments. Russia can easily get that by staying in Russia.
Yet you believe the US that ban Turkey, its ally from the F-35 program will now willingly move it's equipments into Ukraine all because they want to place missiles in Ukraine for a war that may not happen ever.
Missiles that can be delivered effectively from a sub in the black sea or the Baltic sea or the Pacific.

Reason guy, you are falling for Russian paranoia here

Don't mind them. Read wide! Read wide! Read wide! As if they've read enough themselves

ICBMs, Nuclear subs, long range stealth bombers offer more strategic nuclear strike advantage than "placing limited range missiles" next to Russia at the risk of a political crisis.

1 Like

Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by Nobody: 9:06pm On Feb 27, 2022
Well said!!
Lankyscot:

Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by Pymetrics: 9:06pm On Feb 27, 2022
[quote author=Loewe post=110607879]People like the writer only seek opportunities to air their bigoted views against western countries but it's not applicable at all.

He spoke about Afghanistan, but the US only entered Afghanistan to capture Osama Bin Laden and displace the Taliban, a part of which Osama was.

He is indirectly saying Ukrainians have no right to defend themselves, just to criticize America, Israel et al... Some of you are are busy supporting the nonsensical post. [/quote)]
OK talk about Iraq invasion.
Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by bluefilm: 9:07pm On Feb 27, 2022
The Western mainstream media can be so biased.

The earlier I learnt that, the more I came to discover that whatever this Western Mainstream media says, I choose the opposite.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by BERNIMOORE: 9:07pm On Feb 27, 2022
Armaggedon:
Isn't it funny how many mainstream Western media that run the story of Ukrainian soldiers and later it emerged their wee alive. Some called it propaganda but it wasn't propaganda, it was an outright lie and fake news intended to decieve people.

The question is how many news channel was sanctioned by Facebook and twitter for posting such fake news since the conflict began? How many of such news was even blocked by their usual "fact check"? None

Yet many Russian news channels have been blocked by Youtube.
Maybe you should go to Russia, you can't practice your religion there, a nation that is oppressed by a despotic leader for 17 years now
Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by DropsMic(m): 9:08pm On Feb 27, 2022
Timekeeper452:
yet US already sent thousands of troops to Germany , sanctioning Russia left and right, literally their banks and atm would stop working from tomorrow, cut them of SWIFT , their currency is crumbling and Russia hasn’t even taken over Ukraine yet, Putin is just threatening nuclear weapon, . He is playing his last card, dude is loosing and sinking. His elder brother never even play to show he sides with him, they just dey angle dey watch.

Rolling sanctions upandan but going out of their way to preserve the country's biggest source of revenue... undecided

Stop swallowing garbage from western media bro.. That's all i have to tell you.

3 Likes

Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by YeyeGbami: 9:09pm On Feb 27, 2022
Omicron007:
shocked

The West has the power of the media and they use it for propaganda.
If you want outright knowledge of events around the world, avoid CNN and other American News Channels.
They are just Government tools and anything you see on the screen is regulated and endorsed by the powers that be.

Mockingbird comes to mind, all these dull brains don’t know anything.

3 Likes

Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by Nobody: 9:10pm On Feb 27, 2022
Bigchristo:
Kwantinue make I give you hot hot grin grin grin

Na your grammar I dey pity guy, abeg rest. cheesy grin
Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by Guyman02: 9:10pm On Feb 27, 2022
Armaggedon:
Isn't it funny how many mainstream Western media that run the story of Ukrainian soldiers and later it emerged their wee alive. Some called it propaganda but it wasn't propaganda, it was an outright lie and fake news intended to decieve people.

The question is how many news channel was sanctioned by Facebook and twitter for posting such fake news since the conflict began? How many of such news was even blocked by their usual "fact check"? None

Yet many Russian news channels have been blocked by Youtube.

grin grin grin No more fact check on Twitter and Facebook as long as the fake news is against Russia

3 Likes

Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by Trentee4eva: 9:11pm On Feb 27, 2022
Loewe:

Okay now... When Russia annexed Crimea, what was done by the international community? Nothing!
Russia clearly overstepped their boundaries this time around. Even the US isn't directly involved in the war, except for sanctions.

What you don't realize is that Countries like North Korea, Iran and China are busy observing the response from the international community and they would likely do the same in the near future if nothing is done to stop such.

Let Russia continue with their assault on Ukraine and let's see how many more Russian soldiers have to die before they "capture" Kiev.

If you lot are supporting WW3, be my guest, but Ukraine never did anything to warrant such aggression from Russia.
Russia is calling for Ukraine to remain neutral and not join NATO. Ukraine insists on joining NATO, so it’s either they fight them now or later. There was a referendum in Crimea to join Russia after the democratically elected Ukrainian President from eastern Ukraine was ousted through a western sponsored protest. That’s why you have rebels in eastern Ukraine. Russia was sanctioned by the West because of Crimea but nobody talked about the atrocities and looting carried out by NATO in Libya

2 Likes

Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by Drenimarcus(m): 9:12pm On Feb 27, 2022
kelvin21887:
I'm beginning to hate West....I hate oppression, they are the aggressors and oppressors here. How come we can't access news updates from Russia, only west tells us what's happening.

go to southfront.org to get more updates. They completely block russia media from the world.
Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by Timekeeper452: 9:13pm On Feb 27, 2022
DropsMic:

Rolling sanctions upandan but going out of their way to preserve the country's biggest source of revenue... undecided

Stop swallowing garbage from western media bro.. That's all i have to tell you.
and where and how are they still keeping oil?
Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by smallsmall: 9:14pm On Feb 27, 2022
neuf:

Poland, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania are all closer to Russia than Turkey yet there's no missile there.
So why should they leave those ones and only be looking for Ukraine. You that have read wide. Reason! Think critical.

An AWC don't need to fly over a country to get info about enemy positions and equipments. Russia can easily get that by staying in Russia.
Yet you believe the US that ban Turkey, its ally from the F-35 program will now willingly move it's equipments into Ukraine all because they want to place missiles in Ukraine for a war that may not happen ever.
Missiles that can be delivered effectively from a sub in the black sea or the Baltic sea or the Pacific.

Now, l am convinced that you are "very short" on knowledge about these things! grin
I am sure you will suggest that America actually does not need all those foreign, military Bases it has all over the world, because AWS can be launched from anywhere! grin grin

FACTS:
- Turkey was under US sanctions, right through Obama Presidency. WHY?
- Even as a member of NATO< America refused to sell F-35's to Turkey but sold it to Israel and Japan and Germany. WHY?
- Turkey was refused the purchase of US made Patriot Missiles, even though they sold it to other countries. WHY? (They had to go and buy Russian-made S-400 Missile systems) and America said it would withdraw "military cooperation" with them because they dont want them to integrate Russian technology with theirs (that as the excuse)

- America does not trust Turkey one bit, even though they are both NATO members but they have different ideology and America still sees Turkey as a potential military threat, under Type Erdogan grin undecided

Why am l telling you all these FACTS (and you can Google them, to be sure it is true),?
It is to let you understand and answer your Question about why America will not put Missile Batteries in Turkey, but place it in Ukraine.
Ofcourse, they have their weapons in all those Estonia, Poland, etc, as NATO Members.

The closest country to Russia, that is NOT a NATO member and that is friendly (Read: Subservient to..) with America, is Ukraine!
That is why america is bent on bringing Ukraine into its air of Influence.

If guys like you "read at all", you will have read where Russia did the analysis of how long it will take a Nuked Missile to reach Moscow, if fired from Kiev and how the time will be too short, for Russia to take any preemptive action.
This is why the issue of Ukraine, is EXISTENTIAL to Russia and that is why l said yesterday, that "Russia just had to invade Ukraine, `as it is, to remain Alive".

I am not a Russian Lover, as you said (and nothing to be ashamed of, even if l am one), but l am "AN INFORMED REALIST" and l analyze things without emotions.
Honestly, l cant go on with this back and forth, it is not my problem that you guys are ignorant.
Just keep supporting blindly, E go Shock you One day. undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:14pm On Feb 27, 2022
Till date Golan Heights which is a Syrian territory remains under isreali occupation, no single western leader or media has criticized isreal for violating the sovereignty of another country.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by maasoap(m): 9:15pm On Feb 27, 2022
Loewe:

Dear sir, kindly go to Afghanistan to support the terrorist bombers since you believe those who died in 9/11 have no right to be avenged.

What a silly comment. You terrorist lovers are not hard to spot.

You know the real terrorists, we all do. Lol

1 Like

Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by Asour: 9:15pm On Feb 27, 2022
dasparrow:
Indeed there is a double standard when it comes to how the mainstream media reports the news. We all know that. When white people do things that are not good, they report it differently than when a Black person does it.

I guess what we can all agree on is that on 23/24 Feb 2021, Russia struck Ukraine first.

Is that a Fake News too? Or double standard?

1 Like

Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by IPIGSRHYPO: 9:15pm On Feb 27, 2022
Loewe:
People like the writer only seek opportunities to air their bigoted views against western countries but it's not applicable at all.

He is indirectly saying Ukrainians have no right to defend themselves, just to criticize America, Israel et al... Some of you are are busy supporting the nonsensical post.
And why was Iraq invaded?
For no just reason.
Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by smeag0l(m): 9:16pm On Feb 27, 2022
You can. However, Russian media is worse than western media and thats why you cant see their news. Any anti-government media in Russia is quickly crushed and the owners are either put in jail or assassinated. The brainwashing in Russia concerning this crisis knows no bounds
kelvin21887:
I'm beginning to hate West....I hate oppression, they are the aggressors and oppressors here. How come we can't access news updates from Russia, only west tells us what's happening.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by Tunar18(m): 9:16pm On Feb 27, 2022
I deliberately read all your comments before pointing out this nonsense.

So, you can justify the killing of innocent people and destruction of properties on the ground of VENGEANCE? Even after the perpetrator has been killed.

Yet, you want to use your double mouth to condemn Russia that's protecting her people from possible future invasion.

Let me just walk away from your irritating hypocrisy
Loewe:

Dear sir, kindly go to Afghanistan to support the terrorist bombers since you believe those who died in 9/11 have no right to be avenged.

1 Like

Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by WilsonBright935: 9:16pm On Feb 27, 2022
Loewe:

Oga, you're the one posting nonsensical comment on nairaland... If you should see your chief-enemy pitching his tenth in your neighborhood, you can welcome him o

1 Like

Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by smeag0l(m): 9:17pm On Feb 27, 2022
Russia isnt benefiting . In fact, theyre selling their oil at a huge discount presently and may soon be cut off from the network that allows them do business eith the west
todugo:

The West and Russia are profiting heavily from this crises. Russia is benefiting from spark in Oil price while the West is benefiting from arms sales its a political game. Ukariane fell into their trap cool cool
Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by ivandragon: 9:17pm On Feb 27, 2022
neuf:

You are wasting your time debating with people who chose to believe that two wrongs make a right...

As much as Russia is right to express reservations about Ukraine joining NATO, this specific war was not necessary to achieve that. Sanctions would have worked just fine.

Also, they point to the US military misadventures as if it justifies the present day actions of Russia.

They need to go read about Russian military interventions & coups during the cold War era and about the Russian empire.

The thing is every era witnesses a 'super power' that seeks to expand territory & it was actually the US that put a stop to it (though it introduced its own version of neocolonialism).

As a matter of fact, it is the US interventions that led to a lot nations getting independence during the cold War era & checking colonialism...

US is not perfect, but Russia is just as bad & more brutal... they don't call Russia the 'Bear' for nothing...
Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by Nobody: 9:17pm On Feb 27, 2022
I'm so happy reading a lot of comments on here, it shows people are now waking up and thinking critically. Western world has done more harm than good with their capitalism.

USA is the evil the world doesn't need right now.

2 Likes

Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by ogatboy(m): 9:18pm On Feb 27, 2022
Lovenorth:
Russia should go ahead with their amazing defensive measures in Ukraine and forget the useless western media

Russia is the next north Korea. Lonely and isolated. Putin will go down like hitler
Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by smeag0l(m): 9:18pm On Feb 27, 2022
There are no NATO and neo-nazis in Ukraine. This is the propaganda being sponsored by Russian media to their people
Kingpin1000:

They only entered Afghanistan and displaced the Taliban. You are a hypocrite.
Russian are just entering Ukraine to displace NATO and Neo Nazis
Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by pafo(m): 9:19pm On Feb 27, 2022
Loewe:

Even U.S citizens themselves still doubt exactly how 9/11 happened. Just googles conspiracy theories about it. I'm no terrorist apologist, I just don't swallow everything I'm told by people in power hook, line and sinker like a slowpoke. Maybe that's what you do though.

You have a brain, please ask questions and try to see through the other side of things. The world is not juts black and white. There are other colors in it too.

2 Likes

Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by kay29000(m): 9:19pm On Feb 27, 2022
Lankyscot:

GBAM!!!
Re: Western Coverage Of Ukraine War Criticised by smallsmall: 9:21pm On Feb 27, 2022
kelvin21887:

Please, dont hate anyone, just be INFORMED!
The whole idea is to keep people ignorant so they can feed them with the Propaganda that they want them to hear, for easy Mind-Control.

That is why Americans are the least informed, most ignorant people on Earth, even worse than Nigerians!
Ask them where Nigeria is and they will tell you it is beside China. grin grin
Most Europeans still think Africa is one country, in 2022. undecided

BTW: someone was wondering why they sanction Russia and still left some Russian Banks on SWIFT?
The reason is that those banks not sanctioned are the ones through which they have to be paid (Russian financial obligations to the West) or through which countries like Germany (30% of Russian Gas Import) have to pay Russian entities for their Energy imports, otherwise, Putin will close the taps and Nord Stream 2 is not online yet. grin grin
Smart people, right? undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Shooting At July 4 Parade In Highland Park, US. 6 Dead, Suspect Not In Custody / Cyberattack: Ukraine Defence Ministry Websites, Banks/ATM Services Are Down / Texans Can Now Openly Carry Guns In Public Without A Permit Or Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.