Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,158 members, 7,815,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Help! I Just Found Out I Have Personality Disorder - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help! I Just Found Out I Have Personality Disorder (672 Views)

I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help / How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! / Bride-to-be Develops Vitiligo (skin Disorder) Months Before Her Wedding (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! I Just Found Out I Have Personality Disorder by andyblinks05: 6:19pm On Feb 27, 2022
I've just found out that I have personality disorder (BPD to be precise). Though I haven't seen a doctor yet but I came to realise it when I experience most of the symptoms of PD.
Pls I need help on how to treat this illness with or without medication. Right now I can't afford to visit a consultant based on my work and financial issues. Can I really survive with this illness cos one of its symptoms is suicidal thought even though I'm not really depressed. Another symptom I find difficult to handle is the state of always being alone and can't socialize with people. I always sense abnormal response from people I meet on a daily. People i knw be4, I hardly keep contact and then everyone becomes distance even family members.

I can't type all what I'm going through now but I need som1 to talk to either a doctor or som1 with similar experiences.

Mods pls help me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! I Just Found Out I Have Personality Disorder by EmptyGarden(m): 6:22pm On Feb 27, 2022
Get yourself a job!
Re: Help! I Just Found Out I Have Personality Disorder by andyblinks05: 6:24pm On Feb 27, 2022
EmptyGarden:
Get yourself a job!

Even if I have millions of naira with me doesn't guarante I will be heal of this disease. Its a mental disorder not a poverty disorder
Re: Help! I Just Found Out I Have Personality Disorder by EmptyGarden(m): 6:33pm On Feb 27, 2022
andyblinks05:

Even if I have millions of naira with me doesn't guarante I will be heal of this disease. Its a mental disorder not a poverty disorder
Who said anything about money? Get yourself a job and engage your mind in something productive.
Re: Help! I Just Found Out I Have Personality Disorder by andyblinks05: 7:09pm On Feb 27, 2022
EmptyGarden:

Who said anything about money? Get yourself a job and engage your mind in something productive.
I get your point but I'm working I'm not staying idle but I find it difficult to keep up
Re: Help! I Just Found Out I Have Personality Disorder by donbachi(m): 7:29pm On Feb 27, 2022
Na bipolar be dat.
Re: Help! I Just Found Out I Have Personality Disorder by qwertyboss(m): 8:01pm On Feb 27, 2022
andyblinks05:
I've just found out that I have personality disorder (BPD to be precise). Though I haven't seen a doctor yet but I came to realise it when I experience most of the symptoms of PD.
Pls I need help on how to treat this illness with or without medication. Right now I can't afford to visit a consultant based on my work and financial issues. Can I really survive with this illness cos one of its symptoms is suicidal thought even though I'm not really depressed. Another symptom I find difficult to handle is the state of always being alone and can't socialize with people. I always sense abnormal response from people I meet on a daily. People i knw be4, I hardly keep contact and then everyone becomes distance even family members.

I can't type all what I'm going through now but I need som1 to talk to either a doctor or som1 with similar experiences.

Mods pls help me
All these your description perfectly fits into me,
Do you have a girlfriend?
How old are you?
Seriously I have exactly the same problem, but meditating alot helps me
Re: Help! I Just Found Out I Have Personality Disorder by andyblinks05: 8:20pm On Feb 27, 2022
qwertyboss:

All these your description perfectly fits into me,
Do you have a girlfriend?
How old are you?
Seriously I have exactly the same problem, but meditating alot helps me
I'm 27 years, I don't have a girlfriend cos even tho I start a relationship I find it difficult to maintain it
Re: Help! I Just Found Out I Have Personality Disorder by qwertyboss(m): 9:15pm On Feb 27, 2022
andyblinks05:

I'm 27 years, I don't have a girlfriend cos even tho I start a relationship I find it difficult to maintain it
Am a bit older though but never had girlfriend except during my NYSC program which of course the girls first make the advances.
To be sincere being an introvert is a very difficult thing especially if you have challenges in your life which if you are not careful enough you end up committing suicide but suicide is never an option just try to be happy, do things that makes you happy and avoid masturbation at all cost and be religious else you can't survive it
Re: Help! I Just Found Out I Have Personality Disorder by Kobojunkie: 10:48pm On Feb 27, 2022
andyblinks05:
How exactly did you learn you have BPD if you have not been to see a doctor? undecided

Symptoms
Borderline personality disorder affects how you feel about yourself, how you relate to others and how you behave.

Signs and symptoms may include:

An intense fear of abandonment, even going to extreme measures to avoid real or imagined separation or rejection
■A pattern of unstable intense relationships, such as idealizing someone one moment and then suddenly believing the person doesn't care enough or is cruel
■Rapid changes in self-identity and self-image that include shifting goals and values, and seeing yourself as bad or as if you don't exist at all
■Periods of stress-related paranoia and loss of contact with reality, lasting from a few minutes to a few hours
■Impulsive and risky behavior, such as gambling, reckless driving, unsafe sex, spending sprees, binge eating or drug abuse, or sabotaging success by suddenly quitting a good job or ending a positive relationship
Suicidal threats or behavior or self-injury, often in response to fear of separation or rejection
Wide mood swings lasting from a few hours to a few days, which can include intense happiness, irritability, shame or anxiety
Ongoing feelings of emptiness
■Inappropriate, intense anger, such as frequently losing your temper, being sarcastic or bitter, or having physical fights

You mentioned that you don't have depression, but the 4 of the symptoms of BPD above are depression-related. undecided

Anyways, before you get yourself all tied up in anxiety knots, I suggest you wait to get a second opinion abeg.. undecided
Re: Help! I Just Found Out I Have Personality Disorder by andyblinks05: 11:00pm On Feb 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
How exactly did you learn you have BPD if you have not been to see a doctor? undecided

Symptoms
Borderline personality disorder affects how you feel about yourself, how you relate to others and how you behave.

Signs and symptoms may include:

An intense fear of abandonment, even going to extreme measures to avoid real or imagined separation or rejection
■A pattern of unstable intense relationships, such as idealizing someone one moment and then suddenly believing the person doesn't care enough or is cruel
■Rapid changes in self-identity and self-image that include shifting goals and values, and seeing yourself as bad or as if you don't exist at all
■Periods of stress-related paranoia and loss of contact with reality, lasting from a few minutes to a few hours
■Impulsive and risky behavior, such as gambling, reckless driving, unsafe sex, spending sprees, binge eating or drug abuse, or sabotaging success by suddenly quitting a good job or ending a positive relationship
Suicidal threats or behavior or self-injury, often in response to fear of separation or rejection
Wide mood swings lasting from a few hours to a few days, which can include intense happiness, irritability, shame or anxiety
■Inappropriate, intense anger, such as frequently losing your temper, being sarcastic or bitter, or having physical fights

You mentioned that you don't have depression, but the 4 of the symptoms of BPD above are depression-related. undecided

Anyways, before you get yourself all tied up in anxiety knots, I suggest you wait to get a second opinion abeg.. undecided

I said I experience most of the symptoms not all. I've live with it for years bt I just discovered it recently based on my personal research
Re: Help! I Just Found Out I Have Personality Disorder by Kobojunkie: 11:25pm On Feb 27, 2022
andyblinks05:
I said I experience most of the symptoms not all. I've live with it for years bt I just discovered it recently based on my personal research
How have you been living with any of the symptoms so far and what particular ones do you believe you are capable of working through on your own, this without treatment? undecided
Re: Help! I Just Found Out I Have Personality Disorder by andyblinks05: 10:49am On Feb 28, 2022
Kobojunkie:
How have you been living with any of the symptoms so far and what particular ones do you believe you are capable of working through on your own, this without treatment? undecided

■ Suicidal threats or behavior or self-injury, often in response to fear of separation or rejection
■Wide mood swings lasting from a few hours to a few days, which can include intense happiness, irritability, shame or anxiety
■ Ongoing feelings of emptiness

These are the ones I experience at the moment, whenever I try to treat them it only goes for a while and comes back again
Re: Help! I Just Found Out I Have Personality Disorder by Kobojunkie: 3:20pm On Feb 28, 2022
andyblinks05:

These are the ones I experience at the moment, whenever I try to treat them it only goes for a while and comes back again
Then my suggestion to you is that you give more focus to tackling the depressive symptoms as those, from my experience, tend to have the move impact on one's quality of life. undecided

As for the others, I can't imagine a workaround other than professional treatment from a certified professional.. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Local Short Story Contests / How To Shed Weight Without Dieting / Cause Of Flow Back Pls.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.