Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,489 members, 7,823,135 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

EU To Fund Purchase Of Weapons For Ukraine - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / EU To Fund Purchase Of Weapons For Ukraine (17160 Views)

Protesters Block US Military Ship Allegedly Carrying Weapons For Israel / Ben Wallace: Russia Running Out Of Weapons, Can Be Defeated By Ukraine / Germany Finally Approves Heavy Weapons For Ukraine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EU To Fund Purchase Of Weapons For Ukraine by Brendaniel: 11:40am On Feb 28, 2022
uniquetechng:
Government represent the people, Buhari tell them what we want at every UN meetings, each constituents elect representative to the state and federal legislation to represent us, but what do they do They loot the money meant for the people and we still sing their praises.
So how is that US fault

That's the problem, I'm not saying it's U.S fault, but they should stop acting like they care, when in reality they do not, Buhari tells them what he wants to tell them and they act like he is saying the truth even when there are evidences of lies in what he is saying, there are petitions to the UN from various groups, have they investigated such petitions directly from the groups, it is better they don't act like they are helping, because if they really want to help the people as they claim, they will first fight Buhari the way they are fighting Putin, the way they fought Gadaffi and SADAM HUSSEIN, from my own research any fight that will not favour them they will never put hand in it eve when people are dying and they can help, that's the hypocrisy I'm calling out, they should stop telling us that they love us and Africans should stop believing them, Africans should focus on getting good leaders that will not listen to the west...
Re: EU To Fund Purchase Of Weapons For Ukraine by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 11:46am On Feb 28, 2022
Hahaha
Re: EU To Fund Purchase Of Weapons For Ukraine by Udoboss(m): 11:47am On Feb 28, 2022
crossfm:

You no say we no da carry last for this type of opportunity. Infact,sulvivar fund go follow soon. Via cashing out things.

Lol...abeg I don laff tire
Re: EU To Fund Purchase Of Weapons For Ukraine by Brendaniel: 11:48am On Feb 28, 2022
Boss469:

Rubbish theory

Na Dem dey tell tinubu to run for presidency?

Sorry, you missed my point...
Re: EU To Fund Purchase Of Weapons For Ukraine by colestephan86: 11:49am On Feb 28, 2022
Igbofam:

https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/russia-ukraine-latest-news-2022-02-26/card/RsvTAr5xRh7kjDaPA0QJ
They are still planning to get the weapons, when those that wants to use it don almost doe finish
Re: EU To Fund Purchase Of Weapons For Ukraine by Brendaniel: 11:53am On Feb 28, 2022
HolarQD:

Then the African people needs to do more in the selection of their own government so the government would always want what the African people want, or do you want to still blame the West for that?

Thank You for your input, the only problem I have with them is them acting as if they love Africa and want to solve the problems of Africa even when they know they are dealing with a wicked African president, the reason why they will not fight that wicked African president out of power is because it is favouring them when it doesn't favour them they will remove him, like Gadaffi, Sadam Hussein and the rest around the world, I hate the hypocrisy, that's what I'm against...
Re: EU To Fund Purchase Of Weapons For Ukraine by engrchykae(m): 12:04pm On Feb 28, 2022
Yilosh:
It's the whole world against Russia.
the biggest loser is Ukraine

1 Like

Re: EU To Fund Purchase Of Weapons For Ukraine by Brendaniel: 12:04pm On Feb 28, 2022
HolarQD:

You’re quite right in your postulation but the problem is still the subtle blaming of West. It’s human for people to always look out for what benefits them, the West aren’t evil for that. I can assure you that Africans would behave worse if we’re to be the fittest and wield the kind of power the West has today.

So you see, it’s always going to be like this and I repeat the West has no blame (overt or covert) because of you keep on talking about the West that way then you’re acknowledging that Africans can’t make their own decisions.

And to add, Africans would always support the west because among the fittest of the world today, the West provides the best form of support to the Africans, this is the reality that some of the east (China for example) is adopting the same style of providing support so as to earn the goodwill of Africans.

Bro it's their war, they should settle themselves, my concern is the bad leadership in Africa...
Re: EU To Fund Purchase Of Weapons For Ukraine by engrchykae(m): 12:07pm On Feb 28, 2022
WE WERE ALL BROWN SKIN UNTIL THE ANUNAKI CAME FROM NIBIRU AND GENETICALLY MODIFIED SOME OF US WHO LATER BECAME EUROPEANS.
FROM THE MOMENT, THE WORLD HAVE BEEN BAPTIZED IN WARS
Re: EU To Fund Purchase Of Weapons For Ukraine by zoedew: 12:07pm On Feb 28, 2022
salbis:
They can afford millions of dollars for arms, but can't spare thousands of dollars to combat diseases and hunger. Shame!
Where? In Africa? Where misgovernance is rife and the people tolerate it?
Re: EU To Fund Purchase Of Weapons For Ukraine by HilcomTech(m): 12:09pm On Feb 28, 2022
kelechiodo:
Good. Very good. When I tell people that the amount previously quoted is to inform the world the quantities and quantities of the weapons they are sending to Ukraine and not that Ukraine would pay for it, they started arguing. Well that is it. No matter whatever happens, Putin will be the ultimate loser in this war.
I've racking my brain to understand his long term goal in this war.
1. He can't govern Ukraine.
2. It is almost impossible to demilitarize a European country in this century by Force.
3. Ukrainians are very stubborn and intensely patriotic. Anyone who is bored of reading history should atleast read Fredrick Forsythe novel "The Devil's Alternative". Putin made a foolish calculation.
4. Historical, Russia has never win a war without allied forces being her allies. Without UK and USA, Russia would have been a forgotten entity either in the first world war or second.
5. Russia is ecomonically too poor to face the world and rest of Europe can exist without it.
6. Putin is not strategical at all. Why lieing to the world that you're not invading, thereby making the entire world affirms that you knew that you have no cause to invade.

Brainwashed negro

1 Like

Re: EU To Fund Purchase Of Weapons For Ukraine by Reference(m): 12:13pm On Feb 28, 2022
Brendaniel:
What I hate about this war is the double standard America and other countries are doing, I'm not justifying Putin's invasion, what I know is whatever will not benefit Europe and America they will never put hand in it, Europe and America have been raping Africa of it's resources from left right and center with bad leaders they impose on the people, have they ever been concerned about the people of Africa concerning the type of leadership and style of governance that Africans want

Instead they impose everything on Africans even up to laws without asking if we are ok with such, an African president that will openly kill his people committing genocide will still be invited for UN meetings and will be awarded in some cases for keeping democracy in that country even if it means killing his own people to maintain democracy.

THEY HAVE NEVER ASKED WHAT DO AFRICANS WANT

Do you know that in 1939 under the Lend/Lease Act the United States under President Roosevelt sent weapons to the Soviet Union to help bolster its Army under threat from Nazi Germany though they had not formally entered the war themselves.

Do you know those tanks and aircraft sent by America formed the foundation of the great Soviet Cavalry and Airforce of later years and bought Stalin precious time to re arm and prepare ahead of the Nazi invasion in 1941.

Do you know that under that same act arms were sent to China to combat Imperial Japan and Britain to aid its war effort before the British could rally to join the Chinese is liberating their country.

THHE SAME ACT of Congress, signed by Teddy Roosevelt.

If America had not done so, do you know what the world will be today?
The Russia that is a super power today, the China that is a super power today.
If Ukraine survives as a country and becomes a superpower tomorrow your generation after you that shares your DNA will say the same thing.

That America is hypocritical in helping and defending the smaller, weaker guy against oppression and captivity.
But they understand. That no matter what they do or have done in history, they will remain the most hated country on earth.
But your type will never break their spirit as champions of liberty everywhere in the world.

I will advice your likes and a whole host of ignorant, misinformed on this forum to read history before coming here with senseless diatribes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EU To Fund Purchase Of Weapons For Ukraine by msrcusgarvey6(m): 12:20pm On Feb 28, 2022
And source? Why can't NATO get involved to solve
kelechiodo:
Good. Very good. When I tell people that the amount previously quoted is to inform the world the quantities and this once and for allquantities of the weapons they are sending to Ukraine and not that Ukraine would pay for it, they started arguing. Well that is it. No matter whatever happens, Putin will be the ultimate loser in this war.
I've racking my brain to understand his long term goal in this war.
1. He can't govern Ukraine.
2. It is almost impossible to demilitarize a European country in this century by Force.
3. Ukrainians are very stubborn and intensely patriotic. Anyone who is bored of reading history should atleast read Fredrick Forsythe novel "The Devil's Alternative". Putin made a foolish calculation.
4. Historical, Russia has never win a war without allied forces being her allies. Without UK and USA, Russia would have been a forgotten entity either in the first world war or second.
5. Russia is ecomonically too poor to face the world and rest of Europe can exist without it.
6. Putin is not strategical at all. Why lieing to the world that you're not invading, thereby making the entire world affirms that you knew that you have no cause to invade.
Re: EU To Fund Purchase Of Weapons For Ukraine by Brendaniel: 12:20pm On Feb 28, 2022
Reference:

Do you know that in 1939 under the Lend/Lease Act the United States under President Roosevelt sent weapons to the Soviet Union to help bolster its Army under threat from Nazi Germany though they had not formally entered the war themselves.

Do you know those tanks and aircraft sent by America formed the basis of the great Soviet Cavalry and Airforce.of later years and bought Stalin precious time to re arm and prepare ahead of the Nazi invasion in 1941.

Do you know that under that same act arms were sent to China to combat Imperial Japan and Britain to aid its war effort.
THHE SAME ACT of Congress, signed by Teddy Roosevelt.

If America had not done so, do you know what the world will be today?
The Russia that is a super power today, the China that is a super power today.
If Ukraine survives as a country and becomes a superpower tomorrow your generation after you that shares your DNA will say the same America is hypocritical to defend the smaller, weaker guy against oppression and captivity.

I will advice your likes and a whole host of ignorant, misinformed on this forum to read history before coming here with senseless diatribes.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but I will call a spade a spade, if the west is really concerned about helping the people without selfish interest then they would have removed so many Bad African leaders the way they did Gadaffi, Sadam Hussein and others around the world, if it doesn't benefit them they allow the Bad leadership because it benefits them, that's the hypocrisy I'm calling out...
Re: EU To Fund Purchase Of Weapons For Ukraine by ayindejimmy(m): 12:24pm On Feb 28, 2022
Brendaniel:

That's not what I'm talking about, what I mean is the style of democracy imposed on Africa is not what Africa needs, and the structure the Europeans imposed during colonization is not what is supposed to be, they damaged Africa with the structure for their selfish purpose...

They imposed it....how?
We've changed our Constitution several times, did we bother changing those parts?

Please, we are the architect of our own failure. Let's not grab at straws here .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EU To Fund Purchase Of Weapons For Ukraine by Reference(m): 12:26pm On Feb 28, 2022
Brendaniel:

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but I will call a spade a spade, if the west is really concerned about helping the people without selfish interest then they would have removed so many Bad African leaders the way they did Gadaffi, Sadam Hussein and others around the world, if it doesn't benefit them they allow the Bad leadership because it benefits them, that's the hypocrisy I'm calling out...

Bad leadership in Africa, you and I know is endemic.
It has its roots deeply embeded in our culture and way of life.
Two, the wounds of colonisation are still fresh, Africa is a young post colonial continent that will remain wary of foreign, mainly western incursions and influences.
In a nutshell, Africa has not positioned itself and not indicated anyway that it is in trouble and needs help.

On the Ghadaffi issue (once again information is key here).
America moved against him simply because of the Lockerbie terror attack that he Ghadaffi admitted was organised and sponsored by his government and his refusal to handover the mastermind to Interpol after several attempts through the UN for him to do so.
The demise of his government was also hastened by internal conflicts triggered by his meddling in the affairs of neighbouring states which hosted several rebel groups.
No foreign troops were involved in his demise. The only thing the UN did was impose a no-fly zone. And with out an Air force his Army could not resist rebel invasion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EU To Fund Purchase Of Weapons For Ukraine by msrcusgarvey6(m): 12:30pm On Feb 28, 2022
War usually levels, pulls, burns down and this is not happening. The refugees going Westwards are only from the western half of Ukraine
jesmond3945:
lol. My dear as an African just be a spectator. The west say this is war while russia say is speacial operation. So take it like that. If Russia declared war on Ukraine, they would bomb ukraine to the ground before they come in, so think about it.
Re: EU To Fund Purchase Of Weapons For Ukraine by GardenOfGod(m): 12:41pm On Feb 28, 2022
Americans and EU are the ones that use to conduct elections for Africa. How inexcusable Africans could be in their effort to always blame the west for their corrupt leadership. Shameful.
Brendaniel:
What I hate about this war is the double standard America and other countries are doing, I'm not justifying Putin's invasion, what I know is whatever will not benefit Europe and America they will never put hand in it, Europe and America have been raping Africa of it's resources from left right and center with bad leaders they impose on the people, have they ever been concerned about the people of Africa concerning the type of leadership and style of governance that Africans want

Instead they impose everything on Africans even up to laws without asking if we are ok with such, an African president that will openly kill his people committing genocide will still be invited for UN meetings and will be awarded in some cases for keeping democracy in that country even if it means killing his own people to maintain democracy.

Re: EU To Fund Purchase Of Weapons For Ukraine by Brendaniel: 12:41pm On Feb 28, 2022
ayindejimmy:

They imposed it....how?
We've changed our Constitution several times, did we bother changing those parts?

Please, we are the architect of our own failure. Let's not grab at straws here .

Oga, it is not about the constitution, look at Nigeria for example, the regions do not share the same ideology, but they are together formed by the british, Buhari is from Katsina, he has first cousins from Niger republic, they speak french and fulfide like him he speaks English and might not even understand french, but yet he is in the same country with someone who is from Lagos or ogun state who also has first cousins who are from Benin republic also speaking french but speaks Yoruba like the person, don't you see that there is a problem here, in Europe, each country speaks one Language they are broken down into small small countries, why? for peace to reign...

Look at the north what they want is not what the south wants, what the south wants is not what the north wants, they want sharia, we don't want sharia, they don't want open grazing we don't want open grazing and so on, imagine if Buhari and his his first cousins in Niger republic were in one country and Nnamdi Kanu and his brothers are in another country, would they be having conflict with each other, No, The Yorubas are supposed to be with Benin republic and Part of togo, they would have fared better, The Europeans were just dividing and joining Africa without consideration of what each tribe wanted, My annoyances with Africans is they have not still opened their eyes to see these problems and tackle it head on and stop believing in what the Europeans gave them and are still telling them....
Re: EU To Fund Purchase Of Weapons For Ukraine by MDK777: 12:42pm On Feb 28, 2022
Africans Can Be FooLish At Times.How Can You Be Thinking That The Whole World Could Turn Against Russia? Some African Countries Were SancTiOn,AFGanIsTan Were SanCTiOn, North KORea SanCTiOn Both Iran Too ,TheN You Are Happy That HyPoCrite Like EU Or USA Or NaTo Could Kill Russian With SanCTIOn. IDiOTS. Do You All Think That EU Think Of The Well Being Of African CitiZenS

1 Like

Re: EU To Fund Purchase Of Weapons For Ukraine by Teela(m): 12:45pm On Feb 28, 2022
They don't care about Africa. They are interested only in what they can get from Africa. The earlier our leaders understand this, the better for us.

Brendaniel:

Re: EU To Fund Purchase Of Weapons For Ukraine by Brendaniel: 12:49pm On Feb 28, 2022
Reference:

Two, the wounds of colonisation are still fresh, Africa is a young post colonial continent that will remain wary of foreign, mainly western incursions and influences.
In a nutshell, Africa has not positioned itself and not indicated anyway that it is in trouble and needs help.

On the Ghadaffi issue (once again information is key here).
America moved against him simply because of the Lockerbie terror attack that he Ghadaffi admitted was organised and sponsored by his government and his refusal to handover the mastermind to Interpol after several attempts through the UN for him to do so.
The demise of his government was also hastened by internal conflicts triggered by his meddling in the affairs of neighbouring states which hosted several rebel groups.
No foreign troops were involved in his demise. The only thing the UN did was impose a no-fly zone. And with out an Air force his Army could not resist rebel invasion.

I don't believe in that thing you wrote up there, corruption is not our way of life, and for you to say Africa is still young, how old are some countries in Europe, please spare me all that bullshit, that's the excuse some Africans like you use to keep allowing bad leadership fester...

On the case of Gadaffi, they wanted his out because of oil access like Sadam Hussein, all other things you see there are smoke screen information...
Re: EU To Fund Purchase Of Weapons For Ukraine by anonimi: 12:56pm On Feb 28, 2022
Brendaniel:

So you want people to work and dash you the results of their efforts without anything in return?
Is that how you share all your income to people who did not do anything to help you earn the income?
What kind of simplistic utopian philosophy is that

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EU To Fund Purchase Of Weapons For Ukraine by ayindejimmy(m): 12:56pm On Feb 28, 2022
Brendaniel:

Oga, it is not about the constitution, look at Nigeria for example, the regions do not share the same ideology, but they are together formed by the british, Buhari is from Katsina, he has first cousins from Niger republic, they speak french and fulfide like him he speaks English and might not even understand french, but yet he is in the same country with someone who is from Lagos or ogun state who also has first cousins who are from Benin republic also speaking french but speaks Yoruba like the person, don't you see that there is a problem here, in Europe, each country speaks one Language they are broken down into small small countries, why? for peace to reign...

Look at the north what they want is not what the south wants, what the south wants is not what the north wants, they want sharia, we don't want sharia, they don't want open grazing we don't want open grazing and so on, imagine if Buhari and his his first cousins in Niger republic were in one country and Nnamdi Kanu and his brothers are in another country, would they be having conflict with each other, No, The Yorubas are supposed to be with Benin republic and Part of togo, they would have fared better, The Europeans were just dividing and joining Africa without consideration of what each tribe wanted, My annoyances with Africans is they have not still opened their eyes to see these problems and tackle it head on and stop believing in what the Europeans gave them and are still telling them....

Ok. I get your point.

But if there is unity amongst us these are structure we can dismantle and put in place a more convenient one.
But our politicians benefitting would rather not
Re: EU To Fund Purchase Of Weapons For Ukraine by Brendaniel: 12:58pm On Feb 28, 2022
anonimi:

So you want people to work and dash you the results of their efforts without anything in return?
Is that how you share all your income to people who did not do anything to help you earn the income?
What kind of simplistic utopian philosophy is that

Thank you for asking, but they want to the world believe that that is what they are doing, and so many people including Africans are falling for it...
Re: EU To Fund Purchase Of Weapons For Ukraine by Brendaniel: 1:02pm On Feb 28, 2022
ayindejimmy:

Ok. I get your point.

But if there is unity amongst us these are structure we can dismantle and put in place a more convenient one.
But our politicians benefitting would rather not

That is what I'm telling you, would Africans listen, the Europeans set these things and they don't want the status quo to change because it is paying them...
Re: EU To Fund Purchase Of Weapons For Ukraine by anonimi: 1:06pm On Feb 28, 2022
Brendaniel:
Thank you for asking, but they want to the world believe that that is what they are doing, and so many people including Africans are falling for it...

How is it their fault that Africans are deluded into thinking that someone will do something for them FOC?
Is it only Americans that we look at in this way? Don't we also think the same of our sweet-talking rogue politicians, who use tribal sentiments to tell us that they are representing us at the national cake sharing table hence the issue of marginalisation

1 Like

Re: EU To Fund Purchase Of Weapons For Ukraine by geesilver(m): 1:08pm On Feb 28, 2022
Originality007:

so dey should b looking while Putin keep slaughter the innocent Ukrainians
So supply of weapon will solve the issue right.
Re: EU To Fund Purchase Of Weapons For Ukraine by BJanta: 1:16pm On Feb 28, 2022
Re: EU To Fund Purchase Of Weapons For Ukraine by Brendaniel: 1:18pm On Feb 28, 2022
anonimi:

How is it their fault that Africans are deluded into thinking that someone will do something for them FOC?
Is it only Americans that we look at in this way? Don't we also think the same of our sweet-talking rogue politicians, who use tribal sentiments to tell us that they are representing us at the national cake sharing table hence the issue of marginalisation

That is why I am speaking out so that Africans will know, at least I will do what I can...

1 Like

Re: EU To Fund Purchase Of Weapons For Ukraine by anonimi: 1:24pm On Feb 28, 2022
Brendaniel:
That is why I am speaking out so that Africans will know, at least I will do what I can...

Excellent commitment.....................so help you God.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Possible Terrorist Attack: US Warns Citizens In South Africa / Mali, Niger, Burkina Juntas Sign Mutual Defence Pact / Trump Accepts Deal For Temporary End To Painful Shutdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.