Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,876 members, 7,813,989 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:32 PM

Beware Of Security Guards At The Uk Visa Application Centres - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Beware Of Security Guards At The Uk Visa Application Centres (1150 Views)

Should Nigerians Pay £3000 For UK Visa Bond?? / Requirements To Renew Uk Visa / Uk Visa Application Mistake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of Security Guards At The Uk Visa Application Centres by Bedos(m): 5:43pm On Aug 02, 2007
I had a personal encounter with the guard at the UK VAC in Ibadan when I went to submit my apllication. I got to the get by 10am and the security man who was at the gate insisted that I should pay money befor I can be allowed in saying that I was late and that the number to be attended to has been completed. So for him to assist me or go and beg for me I must pay if not I have to come the next day.

Of course this is not true. To cut the story short I was allowed in after paying. when I got in I noticed how dupe I was.

So beware of them insist not to pay any money. It's a lie the submission time is from 8 - 3 pm. Whenevr u come in within that time you have right to be attended to.
Re: Beware Of Security Guards At The Uk Visa Application Centres by D1O(m): 4:28am On Aug 03, 2007
Exactly the same story at the UK VAC in Deborah Lawson House Port Harcourt. Na only God go punish them.
Re: Beware Of Security Guards At The Uk Visa Application Centres by nkenwanyi: 9:08am On Aug 03, 2007
D10, if you submitted in PH that means we are rocking the same boat. I submitted on the 12th and I called them yesterday which is exactly 15 working days unfortunately my application is still in Abuja. Any luck on your side?
Re: Beware Of Security Guards At The Uk Visa Application Centres by D1O(m): 6:56pm On Aug 03, 2007
@Nkenwanyi
yes ooo you are right but believe me, I can assure you that we are getting the visa. you see, I submitted on the 16th of July and as at this afternoon that I called them, they say it is still at the visa section in abuja. In the cases of most of my friends who were denied, thiers usually came back on or b4 the 15th working day.
Also my popsis bank manager told him this afternoon at the club that the embassy sent the bank statement to his office for confirmation just this morning. I think thats good news. I understand that if they are confirming your documents, then they are inclined to give you the visa. So if your own don pass 15 working days, rejoice for your prayers are already knocking on heavens door.

Keep me posted ok?

PS u are not from imo, are you?
Re: Beware Of Security Guards At The Uk Visa Application Centres by mrpataki(m): 12:01pm On Aug 04, 2007
@ All,
It is because you dont know your rights, you will decide to pay security agents to enter the VAC. Once you are in time for the submission, you have no rights whatsoever to pay a security man money to enter the building.
Re: Beware Of Security Guards At The Uk Visa Application Centres by Bedos(m): 5:41pm On Aug 07, 2007
@D10 and Nkenwanyi
It's good that we all are going to get the visa. Me too I submitted on July 12, and after 16 working days I called the office and I was told my application is still with BDHC in Lag. It's true if there are interested in ur application, they will exceed the 15 working days.

Hope u also did read the last week Guardian News paper on the number of student applicants to UK this year. Can u imagine not less than 27,000 applied for student visa contrary to previous years of about 8,000 or less!!. Which means you have every reason to thank God for making u one of few selected for this priviledge.

Congrats guys. Waiting to hear ur testimonies. God bless u always.
Re: Beware Of Security Guards At The Uk Visa Application Centres by Vicjustice: 8:00pm On Aug 07, 2007
Bedos:

Hope u also did read the last week Guardian News paper on the number of student applicants to UK this year. Can u imagine not less than 27,000 applied for student visa contrary to previous years of about 8,000 or less!!. Which means you have every reason to thank God for making u one of few selected for this priviledge.
Congrats guys. Waiting to hear your testimonies. God bless u always.

Talking about the figure 27,000 and 8,000 respectively, do you mean the number of applicants in a given year or the amount of visas issued?
  I asked because i understand that the UK embassies receive an average of 17,000 visa applicants per month, and most of them are for student visas.
Re: Beware Of Security Guards At The Uk Visa Application Centres by Bedos(m): 3:24pm On Aug 08, 2007
@Vicjustice

What I ment by not less than 27,000 is the applicants for this year so far while the 8,000 was the issued visas last 1 or 2 years. Hope u understand?
Re: Beware Of Security Guards At The Uk Visa Application Centres by Vicjustice: 4:38pm On Aug 08, 2007
Yes, Bedos, explanation understood

(1) (Reply)

A Long, And Dangerous?, Trip From Abuja To Chad / Nigerian, Is It Must We Leave Our Country? / America Here I Come

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.