Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,274 members, 7,818,932 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

My Data Gets Exhausted Too Quickly. Gurus In The House Please Help! - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Data Gets Exhausted Too Quickly. Gurus In The House Please Help! (25120 Views)

What Do If Your Data Gets Exhausted In The Middle Of A Google Play Store Downloa / It's It My Data Or Has Nairaland Been Upgraded / My Phone Battery Now Drains Too Quickly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Data Gets Exhausted Too Quickly. Gurus In The House Please Help! by nairaman66(m): 4:42pm On Feb 28, 2022
femmoy:
Good afternoon good people of Nairaland, I need your help with my phone's data consumption.

I subscribed for 4G plan 3 days ago,when I checked my remaining plan today,it was 1.5G. I slept for about 4hours without disconnecting my data and when I checked again I saw 4MB. I subscribed again this time 6G and after surfing the web for about an hour,I got a message that my remaining balance was 500MB.

Could I have tampered with a particular setting unknowingly or what could be the problem?

My phone is Infinix Smart 5 and I'm using Airtel network.

MTN you need

1 Like

Re: My Data Gets Exhausted Too Quickly. Gurus In The House Please Help! by Osasnidas(m): 4:42pm On Feb 28, 2022
Call their customer care... anyways... Your 6gb data fit be 3.5gb.. na so airtel be. They don't sometimes charge you the normal data rate..
Re: My Data Gets Exhausted Too Quickly. Gurus In The House Please Help! by Hafis1(m): 4:42pm On Feb 28, 2022
You might have share Data with a friend hence you both are using it together
Re: My Data Gets Exhausted Too Quickly. Gurus In The House Please Help! by ghanaman5050: 4:42pm On Feb 28, 2022
Do you like any movie called Blue ?
Re: My Data Gets Exhausted Too Quickly. Gurus In The House Please Help! by CaptainFM1: 4:42pm On Feb 28, 2022
Switch off your data when you are not using your phone.

Also consider changing Network. I've heard one yellow network and one red network drink people's data like palm wine.
Re: My Data Gets Exhausted Too Quickly. Gurus In The House Please Help! by Angel55555(m): 4:43pm On Feb 28, 2022
I heard Airtel is notorious for draining data or it could be some apps on your phone are auto updating, just go to your settings and stop those apps from auto updating
Re: My Data Gets Exhausted Too Quickly. Gurus In The House Please Help! by Nobody: 4:43pm On Feb 28, 2022
If you are living with other people, they may have enabled your hotspot without you knowing. Once they put your password in once, it will automatically connect next time.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Data Gets Exhausted Too Quickly. Gurus In The House Please Help! by sabreal: 4:44pm On Feb 28, 2022
Nonsense
Re: My Data Gets Exhausted Too Quickly. Gurus In The House Please Help! by chiedu7: 4:44pm On Feb 28, 2022
femmoy:
Good afternoon good people of Nairaland, I need your help with my phone's data consumption.

I subscribed for 4G plan 3 days ago,when I checked my remaining plan today,it was 1.5G. I slept for about 4hours without disconnecting my data and when I checked again I saw 4MB. I subscribed again this time 6G and after surfing the web for about an hour,I got a message that my remaining balance was 500MB.

Could I have tampered with a particular setting unknowingly or what could be the problem?

turn off background apps that use data

1 Like

Re: My Data Gets Exhausted Too Quickly. Gurus In The House Please Help! by Nobody: 4:44pm On Feb 28, 2022
Same here data is ruining my finances I just tire everyday

1 Like

Re: My Data Gets Exhausted Too Quickly. Gurus In The House Please Help! by jemijames: 4:44pm On Feb 28, 2022
femmoy:

Enable data limit to monitor your data.

1 Like

Re: My Data Gets Exhausted Too Quickly. Gurus In The House Please Help! by Nobody: 4:44pm On Feb 28, 2022
femmoy:

I subscribed for 4G plan 3 days ago,when I checked my remaining plan today,it was 1.5G. I slept for about 4hours without disconnecting my data and when I checked again I saw 4MB. I subscribed again this time 6G and after surfing the web for about an hour,I got a message that my remaining balance was 500MB. Change to mtn

Re: My Data Gets Exhausted Too Quickly. Gurus In The House Please Help! by eniteden(m): 4:45pm On Feb 28, 2022
Before i can even read this i already knew its airtel, this perculiar to airtel, although all network does it but Airtel na number 1. cry

1 Like

Re: My Data Gets Exhausted Too Quickly. Gurus In The House Please Help! by Anointedtim(m): 4:45pm On Feb 28, 2022
On my opinion it best you find a suitable vendor where you buy data yourself, instead of this subscription directly from the network providers.
Re: My Data Gets Exhausted Too Quickly. Gurus In The House Please Help! by real777(m): 4:45pm On Feb 28, 2022
Talking about data in Nigeria, MTN is way ahead of other networks. Everyone should switch to mtn till others wake up. Although I hardly can finish 1.5GB monthly not when the internet is not my home, I believe in the near future, satellite internet will take over leaving these networks to die out naturally.

PS. You may want to switch off background data and stop unnecessary download on playstore.

3 Likes

Re: My Data Gets Exhausted Too Quickly. Gurus In The House Please Help! by jimbson: 4:46pm On Feb 28, 2022
femmoy:

Same with my airtel... I dumped that sim... Airtel is a very useless network.. ThEse guys are criminals

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Data Gets Exhausted Too Quickly. Gurus In The House Please Help! by Nobody: 4:46pm On Feb 28, 2022
Ukraine are bloody racist africans rise up use your sense they don't care

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Data Gets Exhausted Too Quickly. Gurus In The House Please Help! by Keegan: 4:47pm On Feb 28, 2022
chiedu7:

turn off background apps that use data

Also disable autodownload of pictures, audio and video on WhatsApp.

2 Likes

Re: My Data Gets Exhausted Too Quickly. Gurus In The House Please Help! by Tobechuckwu(m): 4:47pm On Feb 28, 2022
I think when u use 4G network, it's sometimes like that.
Try downgrade ur network to 2G if u want to sleep at night, that's if u have to put on ur data overnight.
The thing is that u get the same u will get with 2G when u wake up in d morning.
4G drains everything including ur battery, it will be as if u are browsing overnight.

1 Like

Re: My Data Gets Exhausted Too Quickly. Gurus In The House Please Help! by YangaBabe: 4:47pm On Feb 28, 2022
Hmmm, this one na service provider issues o, I noticed that too on my tecno phone when I was browsing with airtel, once my data reaches 200mb it stops working, I had to make a switch asap.

1 Like

Re: My Data Gets Exhausted Too Quickly. Gurus In The House Please Help! by luvinhubby(m): 4:48pm On Feb 28, 2022
Airtel are data thieves.

There is nothing wrong with yours phone, the network you are using are crooks
Re: My Data Gets Exhausted Too Quickly. Gurus In The House Please Help! by maiquel: 4:50pm On Feb 28, 2022
Check the data usage you'll see the apps sucking it dry.
Go to settings
-Network & Internet
-Select the sim you use for browsing
-Then choose App data usage
You can decide to turn off some background usages and even restrict some apps you don't usually use.

Also consider using other lines because Airtel is pretty expensive.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Data Gets Exhausted Too Quickly. Gurus In The House Please Help! by Johnsonclement(m): 4:51pm On Feb 28, 2022
Aitel data is expensive,I don't like to sell it,but if you have mtn line, message me on WhatsApp 081644/87/902 and I will see mtn data for you at cheaper rate.

femmoy:

Re: My Data Gets Exhausted Too Quickly. Gurus In The House Please Help! by DesChyko: 4:51pm On Feb 28, 2022
Dear femmoy,

Check your Photos app. I'm 95% sure it's the culprit.

I use Airtel and I have this confidence in them because the day I bought this phone, I did a 20gb sub on it with a couple of Binge subscriptions. It measured about 22GB when I checked data usage.

I always have Internet Speed Meter and Glasswire app installed on my phone to monitor my data speed and usage. It was when I saw my data speed astronomically high when I was using just WhatsApp that I checked Glasswire. It exposed the Photos app.

Since then, anyone who complains about random data usage, I first check their Photos app. That app dey run people data street die.

Other causes may be having automatic update enabled in Playstore, having automatic downloads enabled in your chat apps or setting backup to drive enabled in apps.

Below is a screenshot of the Glasswire app. On the top of the screenshot is the 'KB/S' of the Internet Speed Meter which I use to the rate at which my phone is consuming data

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Data Gets Exhausted Too Quickly. Gurus In The House Please Help! by Oscillator: 4:55pm On Feb 28, 2022
femmoy:

Airtel are data thieves!!! I'm quite surprised people don't know this already.

They tweek their data consumption and reading very dubiously.

1 Like

Re: My Data Gets Exhausted Too Quickly. Gurus In The House Please Help! by Justinlean02(m): 4:56pm On Feb 28, 2022
So there's no way to get those free browsing cheats of the old, miss those days surfing's unlimited MTN and Etisalat grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Data Gets Exhausted Too Quickly. Gurus In The House Please Help! by Jii95: 4:57pm On Feb 28, 2022
femmoy:

Check your phone automatic update and disconnect other devices connected to your network. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: My Data Gets Exhausted Too Quickly. Gurus In The House Please Help! by NGArmyTerrorist: 4:58pm On Feb 28, 2022
Thieves everywhere! Network is not left out! Wetin una go do! Next time, vote for a human being not a mannequin full of incompetency!
Re: My Data Gets Exhausted Too Quickly. Gurus In The House Please Help! by toffyz(m): 5:00pm On Feb 28, 2022
femmoy:

First of all, go disable your google play store app.
After that, check whether there are some redundant background apps running, if yes, halt them.
Also, learn to turn off your data whenever you're not using it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Data Gets Exhausted Too Quickly. Gurus In The House Please Help! by Mikesol: 5:00pm On Feb 28, 2022
I've experienced it before, simply you've installed a data sucking app unknowingly, to be on a safe side simply factory reset your phone, problem solved.
Re: My Data Gets Exhausted Too Quickly. Gurus In The House Please Help! by maiquel: 5:00pm On Feb 28, 2022
Jii95:

Check your phone automatic update and disconnect other devices connected to your network. Thanks.

Yes this too...

I remember how I downloaded almost all the videos on a telegram movie group without knowing.
It stopped downloading after the data got exhausted.

So on all these apps, just turn off automatic downloads, even for Google Play, turn of automatic updates.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Data Gets Exhausted Too Quickly. Gurus In The House Please Help! by Drizzt89: 5:01pm On Feb 28, 2022
it seems someone is sharing your data with you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS / Tecno Spark 2 With Face Unlock, 6 Inches 3500mah Battery: Specifications / How Do I Track My Phone That Just Got Stolen? Pls HELP!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.