Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,827 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Islam,a Religion Of Violence? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam,a Religion Of Violence? (758 Views)

Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? / Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? / Is This A Religion: Sharia Law:punishment For Adultery And Fornication : (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islam,a Religion Of Violence? by goose1: 10:37am On Jun 28, 2011
This is in no way intended to stir up controversy,but to get to the minds of millions of Nigerias,muslims and chrisitians alike.Is islam a violent religion world over or just in Nigeria.
I ask this question because,if I am to be sincere with my self,each time I hear terrorism or bomb,what comes to my mind is Islam,Arab. Is this violence religious or ethnic?
Putting Nigeria predominantly muslim North and with a link to Arab world into perspective,one wonders what is actually responsible for the constant violence that emanates from that region. If I say it is religion, I will remember that we have Yorubas who practice Islam,yet they are not violent.If I think it to be ethnic,I remember that countries like Qatar,Saudi Arabia etc of Arab origin practice moderate islam.
So N/Ls,what do you think is actually the problem with our Northern neighbours
Re: Islam,a Religion Of Violence? by Sweetnecta: 10:55am On Jun 28, 2011
[Quote]« on: Today at 10:37:00 AM »

This is in no way intended to stir up controversy,but to get to the minds of millions of Nigerias,muslims and chrisitians alike.Is islam a violent religion world over or just in Nigeria.
I ask this question because,if I am to be sincere with my self,each time I hear terrorism or bomb,what comes to my mind is Islam,Arab. Is this violence religious or ethnic?
Putting Nigeria predominantly muslim North and with a link to Arab world into perspective,one wonders what is actually responsible for the constant violence that emanates from that region. If I say it is religion, I will remember that we have Yorubas who practice Islam,yet they are not violent.If I think it to be ethnic,I remember that countries like Qatar,Saudi Arabia etc of Arab origin practice moderate islam.
So N/Ls,what do you think is actually the problem with our Northern neighbours[/Quote]and the has arrived from the fingers of the oped, goose1, that northern nigerian Islam is more conservative than the Islam of the land of the messenger [as].

what a load of crock!
Re: Islam,a Religion Of Violence? by adsman101(m): 11:07am On Jun 28, 2011
actually if you ask me,i would tell you dat islam is a religion of peace and the ALMIGHTY ALLAH as we read from his holy books  hates transgressors and agitators.the only thing we can say about the so called islamic extremist is that they always attribute their so called anger and unreasonable thinking to the fact that they are fighting the holy war known to us as JIHAD
        And they have failed to remember that the holy prophet muhammed (S.A.W) didnt fight any JIHAD against unarmed and innocent people he fought an army of unbelievers, so let's just say that the words of the holy prophet have been misquoted.so any act of transgression from the so called islamic crooned part of the world should be considered an act of terrorism,
Re: Islam,a Religion Of Violence? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:13am On Jun 28, 2011
Nigerian muslims r mor fanatical then their arab counterparts. i have seen arab women, lebanese egyptian, etc. n they try to copy western ppls these days. tongue
Re: Islam,a Religion Of Violence? by Nobody: 11:14am On Jun 28, 2011
I will say that many Muslims are peaceful but Islam is a religion of pieces and not peace.
Re: Islam,a Religion Of Violence? by goose1: 11:17am On Jun 28, 2011
Sweetnecta:

and the has arrived from the fingers of the oped, goose1, that northern nigerian Islam is more conservative than the Islam of the land of the messenger [as].

what a load of crock!

Maybe you need to re-write your view so we can get your argument without any room for ambiguity,but if I must say something to what I understood from your comment,with respect to the topic of discussion-VIOLENCE in the name of religion,yes Nigerian muslim is very conservative compared to those you call the land of messenger.
And please make sense!
Re: Islam,a Religion Of Violence? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:21am On Jun 28, 2011
frosbel:

I will say that many Muslims are peaceful but Islam is a religion of pieces and not peace.

that was my dialogue u copied. angry
Re: Islam,a Religion Of Violence? by BetaThings: 2:11pm On Jun 28, 2011
PAGAN  9JA:

Nigerian muslims r mor fanatical then their arab counterparts. i have seen arab women, lebanese egyptian, etc. n they try to copy western ppls these days. tongue

What is fanaticism. Refusing to follow another person? Why are you fanatical about paganism
Why should I copy the West? Why should the West not copy me for a change
I must allow homosexua.ls to marry, I must abolish polygamy etc
What is the West giving up in this global village
Re: Islam,a Religion Of Violence? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:37pm On Jun 28, 2011
no. im jus seeing a gradual transition wer d ppl who r supposed 2 be fanatical r becoming open n vice versa. i just find this whole business highly amusing, s'long as it doesn't affect me or my ppl. cool
Re: Islam,a Religion Of Violence? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jun 28, 2011
PAGAN 9JA:

that was my dialogue u copied. angry

This is what I thought of and wrote myself.
Re: Islam,a Religion Of Violence? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:32pm On Jun 28, 2011
after plagarising.
Re: Islam,a Religion Of Violence? by african1(f): 12:42am On Jun 29, 2011
frosbel:

I will have to disagree with you. I think Islam is the best religion, but SOME muslims are the worst believers. Also about how many Muslims are over the world over a billion? You cant judged them based on what you see the Muslims in NIgeria, the Arab worlds, or the crazed somalis do. salaam

(1) (Reply)

Meet The 3 Year Old Nigerian Girl Who Has Memorized The Whole Qu’ran / Is Allaah, Most High Above His Throne Or He Is Actually Everywhere? / Is Today Declared A Public Holiday In Your State ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.