Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,083 members, 7,825,413 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation (5266 Views)

National Assembly Management Asks Lawmakers To Vacate Offices Today / Buhari's Ministers,Lawmakers To Get N9bn Housing,furniture Allowance / Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by dustydee: 4:50pm On Jun 28, 2011
N3m-N5 for Abuja accommodation is really reasonable going by the prevailing rates in Abuja. If a self contain goes for 500k, 1 bedroom for 1m how much will a 3 or 4 bedroom cost? then it will be higher if it's serviced. The best option is to build houses for them. This will reduce the cost of accommodation as they will only contend with maintenance of the houses.
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jun 28, 2011
dustydee:

N3m-N5 for Abuja accommodation is really reasonable going by the prevailing rates in Abuja. If a self contain goes for 500k, 1 bedroom for 1m how much will a 3 or 4 bedroom cost? then it will be higher if it's serviced. The best option is to build houses for them. This will reduce the cost of accommodation as they will only contend with maintenance of the houses.
why cant they pay the money out of their pocket self
or pata pata eh, slap me, i killl u room
no be house?? which kind good thing dem do since 1999
mscheeeew angry angry angry grin grin grin
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by Machine007: 4:57pm On Jun 28, 2011
I CAN REMEMBER VERY WELL WHEN FORMER BRITISH PRIME MINISTER GORDON BROWN LOST TO THE CURRENT ONE DAVID CAMERON, THE FORMER LEFT HIS OFFICIAL HOUSE IMMEDIATELY FOR THE PRESENT IN I SAW IT AS PART OF THE CEREMONY (A LIVE BROADCAST).

WHY CANT OUR PEOPLE LEARN THE BETTER THINGS ABOUT THIS "DEMO CRAZY".
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by iluvnaija: 4:59pm On Jun 28, 2011
this is just a tip of d iceberg. nigerians deserve d leaders dey get. phcn has again increased tarriff again. make una enjoy d fresh air. naija is finished
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by Tyche(m): 5:02pm On Jun 28, 2011
And they are talking about tightening the economy for the poor masses; A clear recipe for disaster.
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by Emperoh(m): 5:07pm On Jun 28, 2011
So after all the Ahhhhs and Aaaaas, what have we done? They will claim N1bn each for themselves and we'll shout.
What do we do with the information we get? Nil!!
They will keep stealing and doing all the malfeasance u can't think of and Nigerians like me and you wil sit in front of our notebooks and curse them, yet nothing, I mean NOTHING will happen!
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by HyeBits: 5:10pm On Jun 28, 2011
Guys, this is the time to sensitise Nigerians through FaceBook and other social networking sites for a 10Million man match in a designated venue both in Nigeria and abroad. Let's do these my brothers, we can do this.
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by dayokanu(m): 5:17pm On Jun 28, 2011
Lets tighten on the average Nigerian while GEJ and friends keep enjoying
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jun 28, 2011
I don't see anything wrong with their demand. Abuja is an expensive city and with some Boko Haram vandals running about the place, we need to ensure the security of our legislators by getting them a fit and proper place within the Abuja metropolis. This will not be cheap. They cannot be made to suffer for Obasanjo's controversial monetisation policy that divested the FCDA of the Apo legislative quarters.

They deserve it. If you disagree, I'm sorry there is nothing you can do about it. You only have one vote.
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jun 28, 2011
percipi1:

I don't see anything wrong with their demand. Abuja is an expensive city and with some Boko Haram vandals running about the place, we need to ensure the security of our legislators by getting them a fit and proper place within the Abuja metropolis. This will not be cheap. They cannot be made to suffer for Obasanjo's controversial monetisation policy that divested the FCDA of the Apo legislative quarters.

They deserve it. If you disagree, I'm sorry there is nothing you can do about it. You only have one vote.
name one good thing this legislators has done in your life since 1999? just one good thing, that they should be protected?
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jun 28, 2011
@ Dolittle.

The legislators may not have benefitted me in anyway but that does not mean they should be denied their rights as our duly elected representatives.

It is our choice to practice an expensive system of government.

I am too civilised to suffer another person for his recompense simply because i hate his gut
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by YEMOYEMI: 5:52pm On Jun 28, 2011
The truth is that the cost of running democracy in Nigeria is too expensive. It is really crazy.A senator receives N15.5M as salary. Many of them spent so much money to win their elections so they should be able to pay their own rent. If they don't have the cash yet, they should wait for their jumbo salary.

We need 'revolution'. The Uwazuruikes, Gani Adams, Hoko Haram, Massob,etc all of us must come together to save this country.
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jun 28, 2011
percipi1:

@ Dolittle.

The legislators may not have benefitted me in anyway but that does not mean they should be denied their rights as our duly elected representatives.

It is our choice to practice an expensive system of government.

I am too civilised to suffer another person for his recompense simply because i hate his gut
Truly truly, nigeria deserve the leaders they get, with this your response

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
wait? is ur parent or family in politics?? i bet they are anyways
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jun 28, 2011
Donlittle:

Truly truly, nigeria deserve the leaders they get, with this your response

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
wait? is your parent or family in politics?? i bet they are anyways

Now that is our problem as Nigerians. Simply because i chose to support a valid demand means I must be an interested party.

Please my friend, i beg you, let just focus on the debate and not bring our families and parents into the discourse. Afterall, if you are a Nigerian by origin, one way or the other, you will have relatives in politics or government
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jun 28, 2011
percipi1:

Now that is our problem as Nigerians. Simply because i chose to support a valid demand means I must be an interested party.

Please my friend, i beg you, let just focus on the debate and not bring our families and parents into the discourse. Afterall, if you are a Nigerian by origin, one way or the other, you will have relatives in politics or government

percipi1:

i have always cursed out my family related to me in politics, have never had anything to do with them, and never will, i sense ur parent is in politics
and what kind of true?? the truth that, there is a way in the constitution, that stealing and looting legislator and co, is legal?? and they should be protected?? shocked shocked shocked
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by MeandSum: 6:25pm On Jun 28, 2011
Up Nigeria!!! Another giant step for the giant of Africa!
This is on top of their salary some people estimate to be around $300K a year!
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jun 28, 2011
MeandSum:

Up Nigeria!!! Another giant step for the giant of Africa!
This is on top of their salary some people estimate to be around $300K a year!
I swear nigerian una bad gan, i dey laugh bruz u funny o
we are the giant o africa with population, LMFAO
grin grin grin grin
150 million, no be small thing o
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jun 28, 2011
You ppl should not start this your stu pid protest o.

Leave them alone. Let's focus on fake doctors, aiight? wink
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jun 28, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

You ppl should not start this your stu pid protest o.

Leave them alone. Let's focus on fake doctors
, aiight? wink
do you have a fake degree
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jun 28, 2011
Donlittle:

do you have a fake degree

Not yet. Still in the process, just need more ink and paper.
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jun 28, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Not yet. Still in the process, just need more ink and paper.
shocked shocked shocked shocked is it legal, and how much do they sell it?
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jun 28, 2011
Donlittle:

shocked shocked shocked shocked is it legal, and how much do they sell it?
How can something fake be legal? Ask yourself that.
I dont "buy" mines, like I said, all I need is more ink and paper.
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 28, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

How can something fake be legal? Ask yourself that.
I dont "buy" mines, like I said, all I need is more ink and paper.
i need sum for my law degrees?
and where am from, lagos, akes thing are legal joo grin grin
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jun 28, 2011
I thought the new set of progressives would tighten up a bit, never knew it would be business as usual. I keep saying it, A nigerian politician is a nigerian politician, no matter his affiliation.
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by stunna2(m): 6:58pm On Jun 28, 2011
the way it stands now, no hope whatsoever,
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by stunna2(m): 7:04pm On Jun 28, 2011
the harder i try to understand how nigeria works, the less any of it makes sense at all!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jun 28, 2011
$tunna:

the harder i try to understand how nigeria works, the less any of it makes sense at all!! shocked shocked shocked
the best thing to do now, is get a visa, and leave for ghana or libya
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by frank317: 7:12pm On Jun 28, 2011
this is why i never bothered myself to cast any stupid vote. change change change, ok, where is the change now. i hope all those who voted will feel guilty for putting thieves to steal their own mony.

what realy did we gain in this last election that we shouted and made noise about. why did we bother ourselves
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by stunna2(m): 7:17pm On Jun 28, 2011
dustydee:

interesting analysis or is it just an opinion??
in my quest to know how nigeria is the way it is, i would like to have a convo with an individual like u!!

why in ur highly considered opinion allow the past law makers to keep the houses that were built for people in office as their now private properties till they die?? it boggles my mind and pls help me explain this,
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by TM2: 7:31pm On Jun 28, 2011
The new speaker should be executed on time I guess. He might be the antichrist. I think Bankole is a saint, afterall. lol.
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by stunna2(m): 7:39pm On Jun 28, 2011
Donlittle:

the best thing to do now, is get a visa, and leave for ghana or libya

hahahaha!!
as a youth i decided that i have only one life to leave and chosen to  live it in one of the most advanced nations of the world, so, u see, even those two countries you just mentioned are not in my destiny!
if at all ghana, that will be several decades from now when im retired!

some people like to talk a lot and i do here on NL when it comes to the issue of nigeria, but when it has to do with my personal life, i do not leave anything to chance, i act!

the religion of my parents exposed me to how life could be - how life was for the privileged of this world, so, i went after it very early on in my life.  save ur advice for someone else! grin grin grin
lolz
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by MMM2(m): 7:40pm On Jun 28, 2011
2 much money

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Gej Not Convincing Enough In His Submissions ! / 3rd Mainland Bridge To Be Completely Closed On Sunday. / Nyesom Wike Clashes With Patience Jonathan Over Who Succeeds Amaechi In 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.