Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,415 members, 7,822,933 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation (5265 Views)

National Assembly Management Asks Lawmakers To Vacate Offices Today / Buhari's Ministers,Lawmakers To Get N9bn Housing,furniture Allowance / Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by wait4me(m): 1:23pm On Jun 28, 2011
With the National Assembly quarters in Abuja retained by their outgoing counterparts, the 343 new lawmakers at the National Assembly are to draw between N3 million and N5 million for new houses as they resume work this week.

The Assembly leaders said the amount is to cover annual rental cost for new accommodation for each legislator, after a controversial government monetisation policy transferred titles for the Abuja Apo legislative quarters to former lawmakers who were not reelected.

The ownership rule has drawn the condemnation of some legislators as they face a raft of uncertainties, as the Senate and the House of Representatives resume legislative duties. Each new Senator is receiving N5 million for a new place in the federal capital territory after an initial demand for N7 million (and an upward rental fee for three years) were reportedly rejected by the senate leadership.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5722940-146/new_lawmakers_to_receive_one_billion.csp

is there hope for this country called Nigeria?
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by Lanray09: 1:34pm On Jun 28, 2011
Honestly, its sad. I see no hope with this trend. It is indeed terrible when there are lots of insufficiency out there. They all allocate these huge sum of money to themselves at the detriment of the poor masses. God punish them all
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by priest2u(m): 1:35pm On Jun 28, 2011
but why should the former lawmakers retain the national assembly quarters?
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by Xfactoria: 1:36pm On Jun 28, 2011
This must be a joke!!!!!!
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by maga1: 1:38pm On Jun 28, 2011
Imagine soja go, soja come but barrack no remain lol. I will soak my cloth with kero & head straight to NASS, find mark, hug him & light my self wit match stick. WE NEED REVOLUTION ASAP.
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by maga1: 1:53pm On Jun 28, 2011
These are the kind of pple boko haram, mend et al shld be after & u will see how naija will move forward in quik time.
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by wait4me(m): 1:57pm On Jun 28, 2011
maga1:

These are the kind of pple boko haram, mend et al shld be after & u will see how naija will move forward in quik time.
exactly!!
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by violent(m): 1:59pm On Jun 28, 2011
kini big deal ? cool
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by Fhemmmy: 3:23pm On Jun 28, 2011
Na wa oh
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by Catchfire1: 3:28pm On Jun 28, 2011
Boko Haramist O!!!!!!!!!! Next Target acquired. U knw evri naa. Gosh I hate dem politicians.
PS: Prospective suicide bombers can send in their CVs haram_assembly@boko.com.
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by Godalone(m): 3:31pm On Jun 28, 2011
What is happening to this country?
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 28, 2011
how i wish i'm a senator! angry
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by Blesyn014(m): 3:42pm On Jun 28, 2011
maga1:

seconded
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by clemsajayi07(m): 3:46pm On Jun 28, 2011
They have started again.They are never tired of LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTING.No hope 4 naija,
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by aminu150(m): 3:47pm On Jun 28, 2011
this clearly shows lack of foresight by the fed govt, The best solution is to revoke the allocation of houses in apo lagislative qtrs. Period
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by Odunharry(m): 3:57pm On Jun 28, 2011
9ja where are our leaders leadn us to?na wah o
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by kholis(m): 4:01pm On Jun 28, 2011
Boko Haramist! You guys disappoint me by hitting the wrong targets. Pls go for the NASS members. They are the best target in the world now.
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jun 28, 2011
This 1billion naira, is it going to be deducted from their salaries or is it another recurrent expenditure? if it is another recurrent expenditure we need to organise a 10million man march to protest this. Haba minimum wage is still suffering debate and this people are showing flagrant disregard for opinion and pains of the people they are supposedly representing. For how long will we as ordinary Nigerians continue to look the other way? In a way i blame us for lacking the willpower to hold this people accountable.
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by jamace(m): 4:06pm On Jun 28, 2011
And the looting spree continues. sad
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by fuqua: 4:06pm On Jun 28, 2011
NIGERIA, The land of MILK and HONEY (GOD'S OWN COUNTRY)
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by nametou: 4:10pm On Jun 28, 2011
na waooo!!! no wonder the race to the house is a do or die affair. This is a good business. They don hammer
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by Demdem(m): 4:13pm On Jun 28, 2011
Fresh Air grin grin grin grin
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by DonShark(m): 4:20pm On Jun 28, 2011
After spending such an amount for accommodation only,what will be left for the transformation of Nigeria being heralded by GEJ.Nigeria is a funny place to be.
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by Akanbiedu(m): 4:21pm On Jun 28, 2011
Una never know anything. Enjoy your fresh air
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by Concept(m): 4:25pm On Jun 28, 2011
Why? I need military training, this democracy is mortgaging Nigerians future, it has to be abolished fast. GEJ ko, GBEWUDANI NI. Fresh air ko, pollute air ni.
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jun 28, 2011
this is the kind of fresh air am talking about
may God bless jonah and co
may they loot more money
una wey vote this kind fresh air, ma u get sacked from ur job, and feel this pain o grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by gungume: 4:30pm On Jun 28, 2011
these bunch of thieves are insensitive to masses feelings.
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by igbsam(m): 4:38pm On Jun 28, 2011
This na broad day light looting, Them dey loot with style now, so in the nearest future una no go fit hold them cos na open looting, lol. NAIJA I hail una.

WHere is Boko Haram when u need them most, These guys are incompetent.
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by Vickivicki(m): 4:40pm On Jun 28, 2011
maga1:

kholis:

Boko Haramist! You guys disappoint me by hitting the wrong targets. Pls go for the NASS members. They are the best target in the world now.

THIS AIN'T FRESH AIR ITS 'RASH' AIR.

GOD PUNISH POVERTY
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by koyaabj: 4:46pm On Jun 28, 2011
Donlittle, what kind of swear be that u think say e easy to contest election from village to local govt then constituency before federal level, bros if e easy then carry ballot box wether u go fith win your family head election talkless of fed. house of assembly, Give me fresh air jareeeeeeeee shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by llullipup: 4:48pm On Jun 28, 2011
all this i diotic leaders are ruining nigeria economy , how come old fucking fool be eating that kind of money where we have a lot of nigerian who can not get two square meal a day , its a fucking disgrace to this country.

boko haram suppose to be target those kind set of peopple not innocent people.
boko haram for life
Re: New Lawmakers To Receive One Billion Naira For Accommodation by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jun 28, 2011
koyaabj:

Donlittle, what kind of swear be that u think say e easy to contest election from village to local govt then constituency before federal level, bros if e easy then carry ballot box wether u go fith win your family head election talkless of fed. house of assembly, Give me fresh air jareeeeeeeee shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
i they swear for them wey vote fdf na
come why ur conscience thy judge u na
oya enjoy this fresh air, i no go interfere with your fresh air again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tony Tetuila, 9ice, D1 Adeneye, KSB Lose APC Primaries, As Demond Elliot Wins / Saudis Have Tents For 3 Million Pilgrims But None For Arab Muslim Refugees / Onitsha Is The ‘most Polluted’ City In The World. WHO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.