Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,773 members, 7,831,486 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

A Bill To Allow States Generate Electricity Passed By House Of Representatives - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Bill To Allow States Generate Electricity Passed By House Of Representatives (20595 Views)

Only 3 States Generate IGR More Than Allocation From FAAC — Dr Ayawei / States Generate ₦5.30, Get ₦10.19, Borrow₦1.84 Trillion In Five Years / Restructuring: Reps May Allow States Control Railway, Power, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Bill To Allow States Generate Electricity Passed By House Of Representatives by BruncleZuma: 7:27pm On Mar 01, 2022
Let's go there
Re: A Bill To Allow States Generate Electricity Passed By House Of Representatives by Nobody: 7:27pm On Mar 01, 2022
Skooltynz:

How you take understand am?
Google translate
Re: A Bill To Allow States Generate Electricity Passed By House Of Representatives by Billingslord: 7:29pm On Mar 01, 2022
Streamz:

Don't be deceived, apart from Lagos nowhere in South West is like ph, onitsha, uyo, asaba, calabar. Akwa ibom, delta and rivers state already have their power stations. Travel and see what's happening in other places.
and who told you other states in SW do not have theirs?
mumu man

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Bill To Allow States Generate Electricity Passed By House Of Representatives by Kpengla(m): 7:30pm On Mar 01, 2022
backbencher:

Well, the ayes were 298, nays 2, meaning the mallams in the House voted unanimously for it.

Seriously, give up this bigotry.

They don't understand the long-term effect yet
Re: A Bill To Allow States Generate Electricity Passed By House Of Representatives by Enceladus(m): 7:31pm On Mar 01, 2022
Kpengla:

Grid decentralisation should be embedded though...individual states generating power for anyhow national consumption would defeat the purpose of the bill itself

Yeah. States should only remit their excess power to the national grid.
Re: A Bill To Allow States Generate Electricity Passed By House Of Representatives by Nobody: 7:31pm On Mar 01, 2022
Kpengla:

They don't understand the long-term effect yet

Long term, it could get better( considering most Southerners support the bill and are happy, I daresay most Northerners too back it)

Though for me, the main problem is that new law or no new law, the power companies need to be allowed to set their prices for the power they produce, not the government. That is the main issue.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Bill To Allow States Generate Electricity Passed By House Of Representatives by buckeyemedia: 7:32pm On Mar 01, 2022
Oduduwa707:
Useless pple... Imagine what they're debating as a nation. angry
Why your grandpapa no address the issue?

Nonsense Wailer Afonja.
Re: A Bill To Allow States Generate Electricity Passed By House Of Representatives by Billingslord: 7:33pm On Mar 01, 2022
gentiles:

I have been expecting such a comment. This tribe is gone. If not for Nigeria, Benin Rep. will be far more developed than Oduduwa republic.
if not for Nigeria IBO will be competing poverty rate with Burundi.even though there is little different now

3 Likes

Re: A Bill To Allow States Generate Electricity Passed By House Of Representatives by Kpengla(m): 7:33pm On Mar 01, 2022
Enceladus:

Yeah. States should only remit their excessive power to the national grid.

excess

3 Likes

Re: A Bill To Allow States Generate Electricity Passed By House Of Representatives by Enceladus(m): 7:33pm On Mar 01, 2022
athaboi:
seriously capital intensive and people will pay through their nose...

PPP can work.
Re: A Bill To Allow States Generate Electricity Passed By House Of Representatives by Burgerlomo: 7:35pm On Mar 01, 2022
datola:
Who are the 2 Nays- enemies of progresss.

Maybe they have a company that is selling generators

4 Likes

Re: A Bill To Allow States Generate Electricity Passed By House Of Representatives by LegendHero(m): 7:40pm On Mar 01, 2022
Now Governors will start campaigning with:

“I will give this state 24 hours of electricity if you vote for me”

3 Likes

Re: A Bill To Allow States Generate Electricity Passed By House Of Representatives by justli: 7:41pm On Mar 01, 2022
Wow. I'm starting to like these later days of buhari. The LGSA autonomous bill and now, this, I'm impressed.

This is a step in the right direction and hits at the core of our problem.
Re: A Bill To Allow States Generate Electricity Passed By House Of Representatives by seyz91(m): 7:45pm On Mar 01, 2022
As far as i'm concern, these Polithievians and Legislooters with big belle and agbada for abuja never ready,

Until dem decide to burn that nonsense 1999 constitution nonsense and rewrite a new one
lalasticlala:

https://twitter.com/HouseNGR/status/1498651593226526728
Re: A Bill To Allow States Generate Electricity Passed By House Of Representatives by solacong: 7:46pm On Mar 01, 2022
hmmmm, hope they remove the clause that force the state to still feed the electricity to the national grid, until that is remove all na wash

5 Likes

Re: A Bill To Allow States Generate Electricity Passed By House Of Representatives by Aderewah: 7:48pm On Mar 01, 2022
gentiles:

I have been expecting such a comment. This tribe is gone. If not for Nigeria, Benin Rep. will be far more developed than Oduduwa republic.

Keep crying hot tears. Your brothers are all over southwest hawking gala. Before independence, research the richest region under British rule.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Bill To Allow States Generate Electricity Passed By House Of Representatives by Aderewah: 7:50pm On Mar 01, 2022
Streamz:

Don't be deceived, apart from Lagos nowhere in South West is like ph, onitsha, uyo, asaba, calabar. Akwa ibom, delta and rivers state already have their power stations. Travel and see what's happening in other places.

Yet people from all these places are packing themselves to ibadan, ogun state and akure looking for better lives. Let's not even talk about lagos. There's nothing in Delta, Asaba and Onitscha asides olosho work and dales girl. How many jobs posting do you see in these cosmetic cities? Come to ibadan let's show you life. Keep deceiving yourself on nairaland. Ikeja as a city pass all these places combined.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Bill To Allow States Generate Electricity Passed By House Of Representatives by BAYOCLEF: 7:50pm On Mar 01, 2022
Please we need to know the 2 Nays...

They are supposed to be stoned to death ☠ by the people they claimed to represent.

1 Like

Re: A Bill To Allow States Generate Electricity Passed By House Of Representatives by mybiz234: 7:52pm On Mar 01, 2022
backbencher:

Private individuals and companies can generate power...and do so by forming private companies called GENCOS.

Prof Barth Nnaji, for example, owns a GENCO.

I never knew this. What's the name of his GENCO?
Re: A Bill To Allow States Generate Electricity Passed By House Of Representatives by yok: 7:55pm On Mar 01, 2022
[quote author=lalasticlala post=110666461]
This bill is overdue. NEPA on their own knows they are not capable of solving this electricity problem. That is why they are only trying to satisfy only areas that they persive can pay bills and have prepared meters. For areas they have categorized as debtors, light going off for 3 days is normal.

I believe NEPA should have even sponsored this bill. The way former NITEL made Telephone a service for the rich, NEPA only want to serve the rich areas. Once other entities can generate and distribute power, life should be better for the populace
Re: A Bill To Allow States Generate Electricity Passed By House Of Representatives by Akharmony: 7:56pm On Mar 01, 2022
All for 2023 general election. . Politicians are truly greedy and selfish. I just wonder why the hastiness in passing bills things that were suppose to have been before now. . Not surprised Election is coming Nigerian politician are in rush to make name for themselves deceiving gulible citizen with party manifesto. . (My opinion though)

1 Like

Re: A Bill To Allow States Generate Electricity Passed By House Of Representatives by Abujason: 7:57pm On Mar 01, 2022
RapistOnBail:

Дай Бог здоровья Владимиру Путину

Re: A Bill To Allow States Generate Electricity Passed By House Of Representatives by Reference(m): 7:58pm On Mar 01, 2022
Is it only to generate?
Without distribution, what is the point.
What is the point of a farm when you cannot get to the market.
Re: A Bill To Allow States Generate Electricity Passed By House Of Representatives by Nobody: 8:01pm On Mar 01, 2022
mybiz234:

I never knew this. What's the name of his GENCO?

Geometric power limited
Re: A Bill To Allow States Generate Electricity Passed By House Of Representatives by Reference(m): 8:02pm On Mar 01, 2022
solacong:
hmmmm, hope they remove the clause that force the state to still feed the electricity to the national grid, until that is remove all na wash

That is the key.
States like Rivers and Bayelsa and even Lagos for a short while had commissioned power plants, but without the ability to translate them into viable businesses all folded up.

2 Likes

Re: A Bill To Allow States Generate Electricity Passed By House Of Representatives by damiloladuke: 8:03pm On Mar 01, 2022
Wow
Re: A Bill To Allow States Generate Electricity Passed By House Of Representatives by Advancedman(m): 8:03pm On Mar 01, 2022
lalasticlala:

https://twitter.com/HouseNGR/status/1498651593226526728

True federalism is the path to Nigeria sustainability and Greatness.
State self sufficiency, state resources control and management, state police and jurisprudence on existing federal dominant and tightly gripped Authority.
Moving things from the exclusive list in our constitution.
Re: A Bill To Allow States Generate Electricity Passed By House Of Representatives by Broveens42(m): 8:04pm On Mar 01, 2022
Aderewah:
Omo. Southwest will outpace all other regions in no time.

In your dreams

#Owerri

6 Likes

Re: A Bill To Allow States Generate Electricity Passed By House Of Representatives by SocialJustice: 8:05pm On Mar 01, 2022
Grgton:
This people should stop beating round the bush and vote for true federalism! It's Long overdue...

A,way for a new Nigeria
We are making gradual progress. This is why democracy is good, the constitution keeps evolving. Local governments have been given financial autonomy, the next step is for states to seek financial autonomy. We are making progress.

1 Like

Re: A Bill To Allow States Generate Electricity Passed By House Of Representatives by BJanta: 8:05pm On Mar 01, 2022
GoodHardDick:
Las Las the b

Dill no go get head.

No be naija again?

You people just condemn anything and everything. Don't you know the meaning a of bill ? Nobody has to work it out or prevent from working. For a very, very long time, the North had not wanted to allow this. Any state that's ready is free to get into the business of electricity generation, distribution and sales. You people just think that restructuring will just come overnight. It's a walk. This is how we will walk it little by little to get there.Go and study American political history and constitutional development. You're going be surprised. Surprised, I say.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Bill To Allow States Generate Electricity Passed By House Of Representatives by VULCAN(m): 8:05pm On Mar 01, 2022
Your brain is so sharp.

Exactly the same thoughts I had.

The next thought was "Look at what our lawmakers are doing in 2022.

While Elon Musk, one man is planning how to colonise Mars.

God, when will we have an assembly with the average lawmaker a 45yr old graduate who has had a successful career (NOT as a politician) with international exposure as well?
datola:
Who are the 2 Nays- enemies of progresss.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly / Justices Dimgba And Ademola Back To Their Seats. Preside Over Cases Against Dss / Explosion Rocks Niger State, Kills Three - The Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.