Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,176 members, 7,811,433 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:29 AM

Roman Abramovich Puts Chelsea Up For Sale - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Roman Abramovich Puts Chelsea Up For Sale (47077 Views)

Roman Abramovich's Attempt To Sell Chelsea Halted By UK Government. / Throwback Pic Of Roman Abramovich With Young Loftus-cheek, Solanke & Tammy Abrah / Diego Perotti Puts His Finger In El Sharaawy's Ass After Goal Vs Chelsea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Roman Abramovich Puts Chelsea Up For Sale by Chameleon9: 2:24pm On Mar 02, 2022
Roman Abramovich puts Chelsea up for sale as Swiss billionaire Hansjorg Wyss reveals approach

Summary:

Roman Abramovich has put Chelsea up for sale by inviting potential buyers to bid for the club this week.

It is understood that potential buyers have been contacted by an American-based merchant bank, claiming to be in charge of the sale of Chelsea.

Interested parties are thought to have been told that Abramovich wants around £4 billion for Chelsea, but sources close to the process believe that he can only expect to receive bids in the region of £2bn.

It is understood that parties have been encouraged to make their best bids by the end of this week, with Abramovich now under huge pressure to sell Chelsea.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/03/02/roman-abramovich-puts-chelsea-sale-swiss-billionaire-hansjorg/

Read his statement below:

I would like to address the speculation in media over the past few days in relation to my ownership of Chelsea FC. As I have stated before, I have always taken decisions with the Club’s best interest at heart. In the current situation, I have therefore taken the decision to sell the Club, as I believe this is in the best interest of the Club, the fans, the employees, as well as the Club’s sponsors and partners.
The sale of the Club will not be fast-tracked but will follow due process. I will not be asking for any loans to be repaid. This has never been about business nor money for me, but about pure passion for the game and Club. Moreover, I have instructed my team to set up a charitable foundation where all net proceeds from the sale will be donated. The foundation will be for the benefit of all victims of the war in Ukraine. This includes providing critical funds towards the urgent and immediate needs of victims, as well as supporting the long-term work of recovery.

Please know that this has been an incredibly difficult decision to make, and it pains me to part with the Club in this manner. However, I do believe this is in the best interest of the Club.

I hope that I will be able to visit Stamford Bridge one last time to say goodbye to all of you in person. It has been a privilege of a lifetime to be part of Chelsea FC and I am proud of all our joint achievements. Chelsea Football Club and its supporters will always be in my heart.

Thank you,

Roman

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2022/03/02/statement-from-roman-abramovich

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Roman Abramovich Puts Chelsea Up For Sale by KingEverest: 2:27pm On Mar 02, 2022
shocked e don red Putin has finished Russians

245 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Roman Abramovich Puts Chelsea Up For Sale by FIFApresident1(m): 2:35pm On Mar 02, 2022
Where is Aliko Dangote.

Chelsea fc is valued at just £2.5 billion.

163 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Roman Abramovich Puts Chelsea Up For Sale by Kingosytex(m): 2:35pm On Mar 02, 2022
Things have really gone of hand.
Is the Roman Empire about to crumble? Only time shall time.

95 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Roman Abramovich Puts Chelsea Up For Sale by Chameleon9: 2:41pm On Mar 02, 2022
FIFApresident1:
Where is Aliko Dangote.

Chelsea fc is valued at just £2.5 billion.

The quick sale is why they are selling for 3billion

72 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Roman Abramovich Puts Chelsea Up For Sale by Dazall: 3:20pm On Mar 02, 2022
This is very painful as a Chelsea fan, nobody can replicate the kind of love Roman Abramovich has for Chelsea.

Right now what Chelsea needs is an Arab ownership which will be a very welcomed development.

If an American or British owner takes over that will be end of Chelsea football club.

Putin has really destroyed alot of things with his actions, I feel so sad for my favourite club which has given sweet lovely memories under the Roman era.

406 Likes 41 Shares

Re: Roman Abramovich Puts Chelsea Up For Sale by Ifybwoy7: 3:48pm On Mar 02, 2022
man this is bad. hopefully the new owners era would be better and more dominating than baba olowo era. putin God punish you there.

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Roman Abramovich Puts Chelsea Up For Sale by Bennita911: 3:51pm On Mar 02, 2022
O

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Roman Abramovich Puts Chelsea Up For Sale by Asabe4(f): 4:38pm On Mar 02, 2022
It is really sad my darling club got caught up in this mess.

It hurts! cry

On a brighter side, I am glad Roman won it ALL in football with Chelsea!! kiss

I wish him the best.

218 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Roman Abramovich Puts Chelsea Up For Sale by TallPck1(m): 5:29pm On Mar 02, 2022
Chelsea go lose tonight

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Roman Abramovich Puts Chelsea Up For Sale by Jenjenn08(m): 7:35pm On Mar 02, 2022
Interesting
Re: Roman Abramovich Puts Chelsea Up For Sale by Chigozirimkpoma: 7:35pm On Mar 02, 2022
grin
Re: Roman Abramovich Puts Chelsea Up For Sale by JosephXavier: 7:36pm On Mar 02, 2022
It's unfortunate that people who never knew when and how the decision was taken by Putin to go to war have to suffer for it

People who can't even influence the decision making

But Putin is seeing all these as collateral damage and sacrifices to achieve his purpose

He is seeing it as a big statement to demonstrate his authority and influence

Let's watch and see how all these will pan out

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Roman Abramovich Puts Chelsea Up For Sale by Stevenson20: 7:36pm On Mar 02, 2022
All these would've been averted if only Putin agreed to dialogue. Now your countrymen are bearing the brunt of the sanctions.
The sanctions are not even up to a week and Chelsea is up for sale. Only God knows what'll be up for sale next week.

Soon, Putin will face uprising from his citizens or generals.
Farewell Chelsea, though i'm not a fan but i love the club.
I pray you get a good buyer.

152 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Roman Abramovich Puts Chelsea Up For Sale by pretydiva(f): 7:36pm On Mar 02, 2022
I'm interested in buying undecided

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Roman Abramovich Puts Chelsea Up For Sale by AOB1: 7:36pm On Mar 02, 2022
grin
Re: Roman Abramovich Puts Chelsea Up For Sale by Mentorkaryhm(m): 7:36pm On Mar 02, 2022
Little by little, the world is collapsing. Some countries hasn’t recover from the effects of Covid and now war has started. This war will attack many not with weapons, but with policies and decisions. I pray there is an intervention from power above.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Roman Abramovich Puts Chelsea Up For Sale by Dukeolumidemans(m): 7:36pm On Mar 02, 2022
£3billion straight.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Roman Abramovich Puts Chelsea Up For Sale by Kingcalls: 7:36pm On Mar 02, 2022
Its not putins fault that Chelsea is being sold....rather , blame the western dictators that just want evrry Russian to suffer whether they support putin or not... the westerners are the most evil forces on earth... if a leader of another country don't agree with their bidding , they sanction u... just look at what they did to Cuba and Venezuela...they are bullies ... the are the devil we have on earth... they are the ones enforcing LBGTA to the world, animal cruelty to mk animals more valued than humans, destruction of marriages and liberty to children that don't know left from right... they use Hollywood and media to corrupt the world , they are also destroying religion and respect.... the Eastern Easterners never colonised Africa or South America, they dont meddle with our politics ... lets open our eyes and see the real devil...

Its like all those movies that ud think the friend is the good guy until the end when ud realise the enemy is actually the good guy...it reminds me of the movie WANTED by Angelina Jolie and Morgan freeman

163 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Roman Abramovich Puts Chelsea Up For Sale by SerikiFulani(m): 7:36pm On Mar 02, 2022
The end of Chelsea football club cry

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Roman Abramovich Puts Chelsea Up For Sale by DoggoneDogg: 7:37pm On Mar 02, 2022
The beginning of the end of Chelsea football club

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Roman Abramovich Puts Chelsea Up For Sale by frog12: 7:37pm On Mar 02, 2022
putin warned these oligarchs a long time ago say the west wan seize their funds. dem no listen

KingEverest:
shocked e don red Putin has finished Russians

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Roman Abramovich Puts Chelsea Up For Sale by NaughtyBrainiac: 7:37pm On Mar 02, 2022
If this news is true, then Putin supporters need to come and explain this theory to us.

If Putin's decision to invade Ukraine has lasted only one week and Roman Abrahamovic has to put up is very dear Chelsea fc for sale, then there is fire on the mountain.

For those that aren't aware, Roman Abrahamovic has been Chelsea owner for almost 2 decades and his love for the football club is out of this world.

What then would be the consequences of Putin's decision on ordinary Russians? The sanctions will cripple the Russian economy and maybe have worse effect than their economic collapse of 1991.

Putin is Selfish and Inhumane, the world does not need Leaders like him.

I have been a Chelsea fan for almost 2 decades and I will surely miss Roman Abrahamovic era if he truly/eventually sells the club.

The billionaire that would take over surely has less work to do.

Up Blues

68 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Roman Abramovich Puts Chelsea Up For Sale by crossfm: 7:37pm On Mar 02, 2022
Hehehe.

Make I go buy an,turn am to Enyimba standard.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Roman Abramovich Puts Chelsea Up For Sale by Vinnie2000(m): 7:37pm On Mar 02, 2022
How wish i get the money, i for Buy o. Na wa.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Roman Abramovich Puts Chelsea Up For Sale by BennyDGreat: 7:37pm On Mar 02, 2022
The end of an era!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Roman Abramovich Puts Chelsea Up For Sale by GeneralPula: 7:37pm On Mar 02, 2022
Chai..

So so so painful to see this as a Chelsea Fan..

Roman is one kind man, which makes him one of the best club owner in the world..

His love for Chelsea is limitless... Even despite all UK had done to him, he still stick with the club..

He’s even willing to donate the money to charity..

You’ll forever be in our heart Roman..

Thank you for everything!

110 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Roman Abramovich Puts Chelsea Up For Sale by ArmaniUhuru: 7:37pm On Mar 02, 2022
Make he sell, make everybody rest. UK govt have been after his blood for a long time.

The British idiots never loved him. They are only hiding under the war to exhibit their hatred.

Roman is a great man!

103 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Roman Abramovich Puts Chelsea Up For Sale by Westerncape: 7:37pm On Mar 02, 2022
Chaaaai shocked

6 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Manchester United Vs Southampton: EFL Final (3 - 2) On 26th February 2017 / Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (1 - 3) On 24th October 2020 / AFC Bournemouth Vs Arsenal (3 - 3) On 3rd January 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.