Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,726 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

Mutinous Russian Troops Argue Over Orders To Bomb Civilian Areas - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Mutinous Russian Troops Argue Over Orders To Bomb Civilian Areas (44416 Views)

Netanyahu Gives Mossad Orders To Kill Hamas Leaders ‘wherever They Are’( Video) / Zelenskky: Russia Continued To Bomb Ukrainian Cities During Negotiation Talks / Mali Coup: President Bah Nda, PM, Defence Minister Detained By Mutinous Soldiers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mutinous Russian Troops Argue Over Orders To Bomb Civilian Areas by Islie: 3:17pm On Mar 02, 2022
Russian troops in disarray; refusing to obey orders: Report...

Russian soldiers taking part in the invasion of Ukraine are in ‘complete disarray, according to voice recordings obtained by a British intelligence company.

The intercepted radio messages indicate that troops are refusing to obey central command orders to shell Ukrainian towns and are complaining about running out of supplies of food and fuel.

The recordings are among around 24 hours of material obtained by intelligence firm ShadowBreak since the invasion of Ukraine began last week.

In one of the eavesdropped conversations, listened to by The Telegraph, a soldier reportedly sounded as though he was crying.

In another, a soldier was heard losing his temper when asking when food or fuel would arrive.

He said: “We’ve been here for three days! When the hell is it going to be ready?”

Two Russian troops – believed to be Rafik Rakhmankulov, 19 (left) and Mgomd Mgomdov, 26, from Kizilyurt (right) who were captured by Ukrainian forces in the country’s east.

A third message revealed a tense exchange in which the same soldier had to remind a colleague speaking from a command centre that they could not use artillery on an area until civilians – who were labelled ‘the goods’ – had left.

ShadowBreak’s founder Samuel Cardillo, 26, told The Telegraph he had been sent the messages by amateurs listening in with antennas.

He said: “What we have found is that the Russian operatives are operating in complete disarray.

“They have no clue where they are going and how to really communicate with each other properly.”

He added: “There were periods where we heard them (Russian soldiers) crying in combat, a period where they were insulting each other – obviously not a sign of great morale.’

Cardillo said that some of the messages were also ‘proof of war crimes’ because they revealed order to fire missiles into urban areas.

Other video recordings are said to show Russian soldiers retreating back into Russia after becoming frustrated, whilst a text message sent by a soldier to his mother is alleged to have said: “The only thing I want right now is to kill myself.”

In a further sign that morale may be poor, a senior U.S. defence official told the New York Times on Tuesday that some troops have “deliberately punched holes” in their vehicles’ petrol tanks in the hope of avoiding combat.

Parts of the Russian military are also still using analogue ‘walkie-talkie’ two-way radios, making them more vulnerable to interception.

Ukrainian forces are also said to have had no problem jamming Russian communications and interrupting them with the sound of their national anthem. NAN

https://thenationonlineng.net/mutinous-russian-troops-argue-over-orders-to-bomb-civilian-areas/

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mutinous Russian Troops Argue Over Orders To Bomb Civilian Areas by KingEverest: 3:18pm On Mar 02, 2022
shocked this war has really exposed the Russian military, their tech isn't state of the art, their planning for logistics during combat is poor, economy is weak. The only tin keeping them as world power is if the vast amount and number of amunitions, planes, warships add nuclear war head they have accumulated over decades

306 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Mutinous Russian Troops Argue Over Orders To Bomb Civilian Areas by bigpriik: 3:19pm On Mar 02, 2022
Ontop tiny Ukraine lamba grin

88 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Mutinous Russian Troops Argue Over Orders To Bomb Civilian Areas by Kingpin1000: 3:23pm On Mar 02, 2022
Communist?
The western media should do better.

119 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Mutinous Russian Troops Argue Over Orders To Bomb Civilian Areas by godliman: 3:34pm On Mar 02, 2022
KingEverest:
shocked this war has really exposed the Russian military, their tech isn't state of the art, their planning for logistics during combat is poor, economy is weak. The only tin keeping them as world power is if the vast amount and number of amunitions, planes, warships add nuclear war head they have accumulated over decades
The Chinese adage that God is with the army with the largest soldiers is about to be proved wrong

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mutinous Russian Troops Argue Over Orders To Bomb Civilian Areas by Maxymilliano(m): 3:38pm On Mar 02, 2022
The intercepted radio messages indicate that troops are refusing to obey central command orders to shell Ukrainian towns and are complaining about running out of supplies of food and fuel.
Who gave the order

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mutinous Russian Troops Argue Over Orders To Bomb Civilian Areas by tonididdy(m): 3:39pm On Mar 02, 2022
Islie:

Russian troops in disarray; refusing to obey orders: Report...

https://thenationonlineng.net/mutinous-russian-troops-argue-over-orders-to-bomb-civilian-areas/

Lalasticlala
Lamba
The greater damage is on Ukraine.
Their people suddenly became refugees overnight.
Their infrastructure all gone.
They will end up like Iraq, libya Syria
The bitter truth is Ukraine MUST fall to Putin, that's the goal.
As Belarus is to Russia, so shall Ukraine and there's no other substitute to this.
Putin's a mad man not to be F with.
Euro supporting Ukraine on paper, she cannot interfere in this... CANNOT!

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mutinous Russian Troops Argue Over Orders To Bomb Civilian Areas by Kastonkastroll(m): 3:43pm On Mar 02, 2022
grin

106 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Mutinous Russian Troops Argue Over Orders To Bomb Civilian Areas by AOB1: 3:55pm On Mar 02, 2022
grin
Re: Mutinous Russian Troops Argue Over Orders To Bomb Civilian Areas by Northernblood5(m): 4:04pm On Mar 02, 2022
Russia trying so hard to convince us that they are right in their invasion madness.

Cowards. Trying to paint themselves as Saint.

You invaded a Country which is the mother crime and you are here telling us that u are arguing, so, make we come love you nah?

Nigerians are now calling their newspaper Western Media grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy I know that blacks will blame West for making most of their men pregnant with beer. After all na white man invented beer.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mutinous Russian Troops Argue Over Orders To Bomb Civilian Areas by Joycontest: 4:09pm On Mar 02, 2022

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mutinous Russian Troops Argue Over Orders To Bomb Civilian Areas by Baloranking(m): 4:09pm On Mar 02, 2022
grin

Lies

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mutinous Russian Troops Argue Over Orders To Bomb Civilian Areas by gambojimeta: 4:09pm On Mar 02, 2022
KingEverest:
What do you expect from Russian products.

They have done a good job deceiving the rest of the world like the North Korean Rocket man

grin

16 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Mutinous Russian Troops Argue Over Orders To Bomb Civilian Areas by Nobody: 4:09pm On Mar 02, 2022
Mutinous ke? Stalin would have ordered them shot to death putin should do the needful

2 Likes

Re: Mutinous Russian Troops Argue Over Orders To Bomb Civilian Areas by englishmart(m): 4:09pm On Mar 02, 2022
I hope it's not attributed to the hand of God

2 Likes

Re: Mutinous Russian Troops Argue Over Orders To Bomb Civilian Areas by goldtube(m): 4:10pm On Mar 02, 2022
shocked
Re: Mutinous Russian Troops Argue Over Orders To Bomb Civilian Areas by Hezzyluv: 4:10pm On Mar 02, 2022
I thought some people said before Sunday, i.e 3days ago Putin would have been trough with Ukraine

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mutinous Russian Troops Argue Over Orders To Bomb Civilian Areas by Perfecttouchade: 4:10pm On Mar 02, 2022
Hmm
Re: Mutinous Russian Troops Argue Over Orders To Bomb Civilian Areas by francisisking: 4:10pm On Mar 02, 2022
Ukraine will bow to russia powers

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mutinous Russian Troops Argue Over Orders To Bomb Civilian Areas by aywhy93(m): 4:10pm On Mar 02, 2022
Imagine starting an unnecessary war and still not winning it... undecided

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mutinous Russian Troops Argue Over Orders To Bomb Civilian Areas by imran147(m): 4:11pm On Mar 02, 2022
Russian advances on Ukrain capital...Almost 60Km long convoy Russian tankers moving toward the kviev.But you are giving us wrong template as the west project.. Enough of this madness and let the both slavic countries shield there swords and embrace peace for the humanity at large.

5 Likes

Re: Mutinous Russian Troops Argue Over Orders To Bomb Civilian Areas by Lagosianswag: 4:11pm On Mar 02, 2022
Isn't All Fair in Love & War? undecided
Why the confusion over carrying out orders from the high command?
This seems like another war propaganda/tactics.

In as much I admire Putin's defiance of the West, I Pledge my unwaivering allegiance to the West.
The West schooled me, The West shaped me.
The West may not be perfect, but my ideology comes from the West.
I have got no apology for supporting the West (even in all its imperfections) I can only but strive for a better World for all. But if push comes to shove, I'd fight with the West. I am a Western Soldier.
Russia has never impacted in my life in any shape or form. All my friends and associates are based in the West and its allies, how can I be so foolish to join a pariah state I know nothing of its culture or business?
I want to believe all those supporting Putin are being sponsored by the KGB, the Kremlin and its allies if not then the foolishness I'm witnessing on Nairaland and Nigeria from Putin supporters is unprecedented.
I think Nigerians need more military training to build up our acumen on the essence of Loyalty and a crash course on the Politics of World Domination and War.

#EnoughSaid.

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Mutinous Russian Troops Argue Over Orders To Bomb Civilian Areas by Chatflick(m): 4:11pm On Mar 02, 2022
And God has thrown them into confusion. They should go and bomb Russia instead. Putin is crazy

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mutinous Russian Troops Argue Over Orders To Bomb Civilian Areas by bjayx: 4:11pm On Mar 02, 2022
Tinubu news telling me Wassup on European battle front.... Mcheeew

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mutinous Russian Troops Argue Over Orders To Bomb Civilian Areas by NaijaOlosho(f): 4:11pm On Mar 02, 2022
grin
Re: Mutinous Russian Troops Argue Over Orders To Bomb Civilian Areas by Princewill1(m): 4:11pm On Mar 02, 2022
I just pity those who consume every trash dished out by Western media thinking that they are getting real news update.

Russia military has taken over several Ukrainian cities yet they are in need of food and fuel. Na only zom.bies go consume this type of propaganda.

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kenyatta's Flawless American Accent While Speaking With Trump Excites Kenyans / Buckingham Palace's Statement On Harry, Meghan Interview / Police Raid Gay Wedding In Uganda, Arrest 44

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.