Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,921 members, 7,863,239 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:37 PM

Gov. - Foreign Affairs (319) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Gov. (186232 Views)

Vladimir Putin’s 20-Year March To War In Ukraine And How The West Mishandled It / Russia-Ukraine Crisis: "Putin Cannot Remain In Power" - President Biden / Marina Ovsyannikova, Russian Anti-War Protester Interrupts News On State TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov. by paafin(m): 12:05pm On Oct 17, 2022
TriittNG:

Fatality grin

I wanted to acquire it for Nigeria..

But on a second thought.... grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov. by TriittNG: 12:06pm On Oct 17, 2022
Oh winter cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov. by TriittNG: 12:07pm On Oct 17, 2022
paafin:

I wanted to acquire it for Nigeria..

But on a second thought.... grin
Lmao. You're killing me grin grin
Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 12:07pm On Oct 17, 2022
Kyiv struck four times, residential building also hit.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov. by Ruggedniggaone: 12:07pm On Oct 17, 2022
iykofiias:
Breakfast is over, now lunch. Air raid in most of Ukraine, 16 missiles are flying from the Caspian.
I swear you dey give me joy bro General no nonsense is also giving me joy

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov. by TriittNG: 12:08pm On Oct 17, 2022
Ruggedniggaone:
I swear you dey give me joy bro General no nonsense is also giving me joy
I tell you my guy.
Too much excitement no let me sleep.

3 Likes

Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 12:08pm On Oct 17, 2022
Surreal footage from Kiev as locals try to shoot down an Iranian kamikaze drone on its way to hit downtown.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov. by paafin(m): 12:09pm On Oct 17, 2022
baralatie:
From Belarus?

Sanction Belarus, please grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 12:09pm On Oct 17, 2022
Make no mistake - Belarus is already part of this war as most recent kamikaze drones that hit Kiev were launched from its territory.

The Ministry of Defense of Belarus announced that it was carrying out a rotation of units performing tasks to strengthen the protection of the state border.

The stage is ready for a new world war as NATO can’t afford not doing anything should Ukraine be attacked by another country.

The only way Putin can deter NATO is by keeping the nuclear option on the table.

Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 12:11pm On Oct 17, 2022
Chinese President Xi Jinping declared China’s global power had increased while warning of “dangerous storms” ahead, striking a defiant tone to kick off a twice-a-decade Communist Party meeting on Sunday (Oct 16) at which he’s expected to clinch a precedent-busting third term in office.

China’s international influence, appeal and power to shape the world has significantly increased,” he said in Beijing in a wide-ranging speech to kick off the week-long party congress. Still, he warned of a more unstable international environment, saying China must be prepared for “strong winds and high waves and even dangerous storms”.

(Business Times)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 12:12pm On Oct 17, 2022
Dmitry Medvedev, the deputy head of Russia's parliament and who served as president and prime minister of Russia in the past, warns that Israeli arms shipments to Kiev will "destroy Moscow-Tel Aviv relations".

(N12)

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 12:13pm On Oct 17, 2022
Australia's Foreign Minister Penny Wong clarifies that the recognition of West Jerusalem as the capital of Israel has not been revoked.
Re: Gov. by baralatie(m): 12:14pm On Oct 17, 2022
paafin:

Sanction Belarus, please grin
Lukashenko is already on sanction from the first election saga and on the second sanctions for his support to putin.fhat is why he tried to make sure Belarus is foot dragging itself to fully commit to the war.
He knows Belarus cannot withstand the kind of sanctions Russia got slammed with as it would autoi give a chance for his govt instability
But there is another problem though does lukashenko think his people want to be part of this war?
Seeing that Russians themselves are running from being conscripted to be part of the war
Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 12:19pm On Oct 17, 2022
Iranian athlete Elnaz Rekabi competes without hijab at the Asian Climbing Competitions finals in Seoul, breaking the Islamic Republic's law for female athletes.
#IranRevolution #مهسا_امینی

Re: Gov. by BentizilL: 12:22pm On Oct 17, 2022
VictorUSA:
America overthrew a taliban government and installed their puppet and were in Afghanistan for 20 years before voluntarily pulling out and you call that a defeat? SMH.
That's exactly what happen with Soviet too
Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 12:24pm On Oct 17, 2022
The target of this morning attack on Kiev was the headquarters of Ukrenergo - an electricity transmission system operator in Ukraine.
The Russian aim is very clear: to cut off all electricity to the Ukrainians before the winter.

Right after it assumed power, the Biden administration lifted the sanctions on Iranian weapons export and now the Ukrainians are paying the price as these are all Iranian made kamikaze drones.
Guess what? Venezuela began to buy those as well. I don’t need to tell you what that means to the US.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 12:26pm On Oct 17, 2022
This is a Shahed-136 Iranian drone that the Russians rebranded as Geran-2, a second before it hit its target in Kiev today.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov. by TriittNG: 12:28pm On Oct 17, 2022
"But there is another problem though does lukashenko think his people want to be part of this war?
Seeing that Russians themselves are running from being conscripted to be part of the war"

In 2021, 157 sailors illegally fled the U.S. Navy, more than double the number who deserted in 2019. Although all but eight of them eventually returned to their units, a military legal expert says the dramatic increase in desertions may be a sign of a bigger issue.
South Koreans flee to the US and apply for asylum to evade conscription.
North Koreans flee to South Korea to evade conscription (but as conscription is legal in South Korea, the North Koreans have to manufacture a story to be eligible to apply for asylum.
Americans desert, Koreans evade conscription.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov. by okeysoninv: 12:29pm On Oct 17, 2022
UKRAINE IN TALKS ON RECEIVING ASSISTANCE TO PROTECT INFRASTRUCTURE AGAINST KAMIKAZE DRONES – INTERIOR MINISTER
Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 12:30pm On Oct 17, 2022
NATO begins nuclear exercises today.

14 countries and up to 60 aircraft will participate in them, including the most modern fighter jets and strategic bombers of the B-52 Stratofortress type.

Re: Gov. by TriittNG: 12:31pm On Oct 17, 2022
Uprightness100:
The target of this morning attack on Kiev was the headquarters of Ukrenergo - an electricity transmission system operator in Ukraine.
The Russian aim is very clear: to cut off all electricity to the Ukrainians before the winter.

Right after it assumed power, the Biden administration lifted the sanctions on Iranian weapons export and now the Ukrainians are paying the price as these are all Iranian made kamikaze drones.
Guess what? Venezuela began to buy those as well. I don’t need to tell you what that means to the US.
How were Iranians able to manufacture those weapons while under US sanctions?
'Democratic' Nigeria that's not under sanctions, what is our capability?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov. by TriittNG: 12:33pm On Oct 17, 2022
BentizilL:
That's exactly what happen with Soviet too
And that was years ago.
Technology has evolved in this current dispensation and the US was still defeated by ragtag rebels.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 12:33pm On Oct 17, 2022
Ukrainian military's intelligence wing has released a new app called ePPO (available on Android, soon on iOS) that allows citizens to record and geo-tag cruise and stray missiles while in the air. The information is transmitted in real time to the air defense systems and optimizes the data in their hands for interception

(Amit Lidor)

Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 12:34pm On Oct 17, 2022
TriittNG:

How were Iranians able to manufacture those weapons while under US sanctions?
'Democratic' Nigeria that's not under sanctions, what is our capability?
Iran made use of their Quality Local contents and Backyard connections

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov. by TriittNG: 12:35pm On Oct 17, 2022
Uprightness100:
Ukrainian military's intelligence wing has released a new app called ePPO (available on Android, soon on iOS) that allows citizens to record and geo-tag cruise and stray missiles while in the air. The information is transmitted in real time to the air defense systems and optimizes the data in their hands for interception

(Amit Lidor)
Russia's technology is more advanced than this.
Russian missiles have the capability to travel in irregular patterns and alter their course mid flight, that makes them difficult to intercept.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov. by baralatie(m): 12:36pm On Oct 17, 2022
VIDEO
One Russian's exhausting ordeal to escape conscription
Re: Gov. by iykofiias(m): 12:37pm On Oct 17, 2022
A rally in Lvov, where relatives demand that Zelensky's gang find the "missing" from the 24th brigade of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
I won't tell you a big secret if I say that most of the people they are trying to find are already dead for a long time. Zelensky has been hiding the huge losses of the Armed Forces of Ukraine from the population, relatives are not informed about this.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 12:37pm On Oct 17, 2022
Instructions published for Ukrainians, how to behave when drones commit suicide in the air

Re: Gov. by TriittNG: 12:38pm On Oct 17, 2022
Uprightness100:

Iran made use of their Quality Local contents and Backyard connections
So if Iran survived sanctions and still outpaced Nigeria.
Imagine what Russia is capable of doing with the enormous resources at their disposal.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov. by baralatie(m): 12:39pm On Oct 17, 2022
Live
LIVENew UK chancellor reverses 'almost all' tax measures
6 minutes ago
Re: Gov. by TriittNG: 12:39pm On Oct 17, 2022
iykofiias:
A rally in Lvov, where relatives demand that Zelensky's gang find the "missing" from the 24th brigade of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
I won't tell you a big secret if I say that most of the people they are trying to find are already dead for a long time. Zelensky has been hiding the huge losses of the Armed Forces of Ukraine from the population, relatives are not informed about this.
E don dey happen o grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 12:40pm On Oct 17, 2022
Iran is turning Ukraine, under the auspices of Russia, into a playground where it can test the effectiveness of its drone and missile arsenal on civilian and military compounds. At least two players in the Middle East are watching closely: this is Israel, in terms of defense, and Hezbollah, in terms of attack.

(Intel Times)

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) ... (385) (Reply)

South African Officers Caught On Camera Having Sex In A Hospital / US Presidential Election 2020 (Live Updates) / Linda Okello, Kenya's Female Police Officer, The Most Endowed, In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.