Stats: 3,151,460 members, 7,812,408 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:56 PM

I Just Got To The Gambia - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Just Got To The Gambia (82929 Views)

AMA: Ask Me Anything About The Gambia / I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! / My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by mrnate: 2:52am On Jul 13, 2022
Share pictures please
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Kamkamdd: 9:09am On Jul 13, 2022
Hello everyone. Please who knows d current cost of Flight ticket from Nigeria to Gambia?
2ndly,how did Gambian immigration treat ppl with one way ticket or must u've a return ticket?
Finally, must u have a hotel reservation to convince immigration even wen u have where to stay?
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by LEGITCHUDDY: 11:14am On Jul 23, 2022
Bullman:

Truly some Gambian girls are diabolic I won't hide the truth

thanks alot for your information about gambia

please do you mind if we chat on WhatsApp or email??
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Bullman(m): 11:38am On Jul 23, 2022
LEGITCHUDDY:

thanks alot for your information about gambia

please do you mind if we chat on WhatsApp or email??

Sure
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by LEGITCHUDDY: 11:47am On Jul 23, 2022
Bullman:

Sure

chuddyforlife@gmail.com.....on Gmail.com
09020305825 on WhatsApp.......thanks alot sit
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Bullman(m): 12:17pm On Jul 23, 2022
Glocal1:
Are there churches in the Gambia?
How is pharmacy business there?
How is postgraduate study in their universities?

There are alot of Nigerian churches here.
The pharmacy business ie very lucrative, drugs are really expensive here .
Post graduate is expensive .university of the Gambia.

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Bullman(m): 12:20pm On Jul 23, 2022
[quote author=Kamkamdd post=114685451]Hello everyone. Please who knows d current cost of Flight ticket from Nigeria to Gambia?
2ndly,how did Gambian immigration treat ppl with one way ticket or must u've a return ticket?
Finally, must u have a hotel reservation to convince immigration even wen u have where to stay?
Thanks. [/quote

Currently flight cost to the Gambia is not stable due to fluctuating dollar rate.
Last I checked it is about 250k naira with air peace one way ticket.
U must not have a hotel reservation to convince any immigration officer, this is west africa.
Immigration officers are corrupt baztards at the airport once they know u dont have a return ticket. They will ask u to pay 20$ or 40$ to stamp your passport or they detain u . U must pay something but u wont be deported good luck.
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Kamkamdd: 4:12pm On Jul 23, 2022
[quote author=Bullman post=115006205][/quote]
Thanks bro for d update.
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by AdeGbuyi20(m): 9:22am On Jul 29, 2022
hello guys. does anyone know how to send money from Nigeria to gambia? Thanks.

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by chukwubyk: 10:12am On Jul 30, 2022
@BULLMAN, what is the average cost of house rent in Gambia? (average safe contain)
I plan relocating to Gambia for hustle.
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Bullman(m): 11:25am On Jul 30, 2022
chukwubyk:
@BULLMAN, what is the average cost of house rent in Gambia? (average safe contain)
I plan relocating to Gambia for hustle.

Cost of house rent doesn't have a fixed price over here, some landlords are extremely greedy, some are lenient.
It also depends on the area where you wish to reside.
Most Nigerians stay in serekunda due to proximity to the market.
People that want a soft quiet life like myself prefer to stay in Burisibi senegambia(tourist area)
In serekunda u should get s decent self con for 18000Dalasi a year.180000 in naira
In brussibi its around 300000 to 500000 in naira
Senegambia area is more expensive.
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by sparrowg: 8:16am On Aug 02, 2022
Tomrichie:
Op I have been in the Gambia for almost a year now.All you said is correct; Security is topnotch,the people respects each other's religion,They are extremely peaceful.. Let's hook up someday in Senegambia

I am coming to gambia next week can we chat on whatsap 07060738426
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Munachimso30(m): 10:51pm On Aug 03, 2022
Bullman:

Cost of house rent doesn't have a fixed price over here, some landlords are extremely greedy, some are lenient.
It also depends on the area where you wish to reside.
Most Nigerians stay in serekunda due to proximity to the market.
People that want a soft quiet life like myself prefer to stay in Burisibi senegambia(tourist area)
In serekunda u should get s decent self con for 18000Dalasi a year.180000 in naira
In brussibi its around 300000 to 500000 in naira
Senegambia area is more expensive.

Can I ask some questions please, I really need help, have been planning to come to Gambia, am actually in Côte d’Ivoire right now, don’t really like here because of the language barrier, want where I can do business
I picked some info on what you just said con the rent please I want to know exactly the kind of business they do there and like how much will it cost someone to manage start up a business
Then which area is good for business
Help please

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Bullman(m): 12:17am On Aug 04, 2022
Munachimso30:

Can I ask some questions please, I really need help, have been planning to come to Gambia, am actually in Côte d’Ivoire right now, don’t really like here because of the language barrier, want where I can do business
I picked some info on what you just said con the rent please I want to know exactly the kind of business they do there and like how much will it cost someone to manage start up a business
Help please

If u can sell Nigerian food stuffs here , fortune will smile at u,
Nigerian foods are extremely expensive here.
Food stuffs are costly here more than in Nigeria x5
Best market for u is serekunda market which is also the biggest in the Gambia.
To start up a business and register will cost u about a million naira. Shops are quite expensive to rent so u either pay 3 months rent or six months. In the Gambia u dont pay one year like in Nigeria, some landlords accept monthly too.

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Munachimso30(m): 7:13am On Aug 04, 2022
Bullman:

If u can sell Nigerian food stuffs here , fortune will smile at u..
Nigerian food is extremely expensive here .
Beat market for u is serekunda market which is also the biggest in the Gambia..
To start up a business and register will cost u about a million naira. Shop are quite expensive to rent so u either pay 3 months rent or six months over here kn Gambia u dont pay one year like in Nigeria ,some landlord accepts monthly too.

Nice one, how much is shop rent just like you said earlier that house rent is about 180k is it a year or a month in serekunda
I think I love foodstuffs business but haven’t been into it before which means I need to learn the business a little before starting
Are there places that’s not much expensive where I can stay at least for 6months while learning or maybe share an apartment with someone
I just need help please

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by sparrowg: 10:17am On Aug 04, 2022
Bullman:
I just got to The Gambia, 4hrs flight from Lagos via air peace ticket cost 223000 one way..so if you are planning for an adventure like me .. it's not a bad destination.

Dalasi to naira is about 11 naira or 10 sometimes.
The light is super stable.
The people are nice.

Once they know u are a Nigerian my guy u go pay money tire if u don't shine your eyes.. and they treat u like a celebrity.

Honestly the environment is conducive very very.. food seems cheap, houses aren't so cheap but you can pay monthly or pay 6 months. 1 year upfront rent payment doesn't happen here unless you the tenant wants to pay upfront.

Ask me anything you wana ask I will give you first hand information.

If it's business Gambia is good not better than Nigeria due to population.

Gambia has about 2 m people, Nigeria well u already know.

You can't be rich rich here..
But you can be extremely comfortable.
Their girls are really cute, extremely dark skin like some senegalese and somalis incase you like women.

And there are alot of retired white people living here ..

They take covid 19 rules very seriously.

Did they ask for pcr test or the normal covid 19 test

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Bullman(m): 12:21pm On Aug 04, 2022
The normal covid 19 test.
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Kamkamdd: 12:27am On Aug 05, 2022
sparrowg:

Did they ask for pcr test or the normal covid 19 test

At least u've gotten d answer. Good luck
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Zezit: 12:07am On Dec 04, 2022
BigBashiru:

We must drive out the western European savages from the Gambia all other African Countries. Let them go and enjoy their "first world"....savages....

Xenophobia
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Utomid: 9:02pm On Dec 06, 2022
Thanks OP for all the info.
I want find out if I can run a pharmacy business over there in Gambia.
What are the regulations and how do I move the medicines from Nigeria to Gambia,is it allowed and will it be possible?
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Bullman(m): 12:31am On Jan 15, 2023
Utomid:
Thanks OP for all the info.
I want find out if I can run a pharmacy business over there in Gambia.
What are the regulations and how do I move the medicines from Nigeria to Gambia,is it allowed and will it be possible?

Most drugs I buy here , always have Nigerian NAFDAC on it, once you register your business and meet up with some government regulations, I think you are good to go.
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by fyncutz01(m): 6:46pm On Jan 23, 2023
Bullman:

If u can sell Nigerian food stuffs here , fortune will smile at u,
Nigerian foods are extremely expensive here.
Best market for u is serekunda market which is also the biggest in the Gambia.
To start up a business and register will cost u about a million naira. Shops are quite expensive to rent so u either pay 3 months rent or six months. In the Gambia u dont pay one year like in Nigeria, some landlords accept monthly too.
Do you mean to start up any kind of business as a foreigner in Gambia will cost about a million naira?
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Bullman(m): 9:52pm On Jan 23, 2023
fyncutz01:
Do you mean to start up any kind of business as a foreigner in Gambia will cost about a million naira?

There are alot of ibo guys on the road selling phone accessories, some yorubas and ghanaians make Akara and road side chops , but the truth is a million naira is less than 100k dalasi.
Shops are expensive in good locations .
It all depends on what type of business you want to do exactly.
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by duncan511: 5:24am On Jan 24, 2023
Op is saying the truth, I stayed there some years back

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by AngelicBeing: 9:24am On Jan 24, 2023
cutieme:

How about teaching jobs there?
My guy, l thought you were in the UAE working, what happened to you, Non visa renewal to Nigerians or what happened? shocked
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Bullman(m): 9:40am On Jan 24, 2023
cutieme:

How about teaching jobs there?

Teaching job is by far the easiest job to get in the Gambia, the salary is way better than what an average Nigerian teacher earn

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by fyncutz01(m): 2:18am On Jan 25, 2023
Bullman:

There are alot of ibo guys on the road selling phone accessories, some yorubas and ghanaians make Akara and road side chops , but the truth is a million naira is less than 100k dalasi.
Shops are expensive in good locations .
It all depends on what type of business you want to do exactly.
Thanks, but I will like to know about house rent around city centers n outside city centers (Selfcon precisely) is it paid monthly or yearly? N how save is Gambia in terms of security compared to 9ja.
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Bullman(m): 10:11am On Jan 25, 2023
fyncutz01:
Thanks, but I will like to know about house rent around city centers n outside city centers (Selfcon precisely) is it paid monthly or yearly? N how save is Gambia in terms of security compared to 9ja.

Self con a single room , kitchen n toilet in city center goes for 3500 to 4500 dalasi monthly
Outside city centers 1500 to 2500 dalasi.
Rent payments depends on your agreement with the landlord, normally you pay nothing less than six months first, after six months u can start paying three months rent or monthly it all depends on the owner of the house ,
Security is really great, Gambia is the most peaceful country in the whole of western Africa.
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Potential2023: 11:33am On Mar 01, 2023
Munachimso30:

Help please

I'm also jn Cote d'lvoire and we both feel thesame way about the language. Let me know if you have moved to Gambia or not cos I also love to move
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by sunnyg12(m): 11:02pm On Mar 01, 2023
AngelicBeing:
My guy, l thought you were in the UAE working, what happened to you, Non visa renewal to Nigerians or what happened? shocked
UAE don cast bro
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by richmanrichard: 12:48am On Mar 02, 2023
Mrkumareze:
Op, abeg help me check how gambia goat be... tired of hearing our igbo brothers calling one *Ewu Gambia*
grin the thing really pained you bro. I also wonder how ewu Gambia looks like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Yemi Osinbajo Chopper Crash-Landed In Kogi (photos) / Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria / Visa Free Countries With The Nigerian Passport

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51