Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,484 members, 7,812,507 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:27 PM

I Just Got To The Gambia - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Just Got To The Gambia (82930 Views)

AMA: Ask Me Anything About The Gambia / I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! / My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Sanchez01: 10:49am On Mar 03, 2022
MrMcJay:
Thanks for this info. I only hope tech guys handling remote roles are reading this. Get a foreign remote gig, look for a sane environment to live and work and mind your business there.
Not working here in Nigeria that a corporal who joined Police with fake WAEC will be harassing people more educated than everyone in his family for carrying Macbooks.
Nigeria is not conducive for tech bros. Electricity, harassment and all.

Nigeria is not it at all.

9 Likes

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Nobody: 10:50am On Mar 03, 2022
Help2020:

That monthly payment of house rent alone makes the place atractive. That what some Nigeria wicked landlords here on nairaland were kicking against. As for Ghana the least they can take is 2year. Shame on Nigerians and Ghanaians landlord. Before you come at me I also own a house in Benin city ooo
Unless most poor nigerians are earning atleast 50k every month then it won't be possible for them to take out money meant for feeding and others to pay for rent, so many nigerians would crash
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by kunlesehan(m): 10:51am On Mar 03, 2022
Nice one OP

Pictures pls, I want to see something.

Bullman:

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by udemzyudex(m): 10:51am On Mar 03, 2022
223000 to Gambia.

Ok.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by BJanta: 10:52am On Mar 03, 2022
Bullman:
I just got to The Gambia, 4hrs flight from Lagos via air peace ticket cost 223000 one way..so if you are planning for an adventure like me .. it's not a bad destination.

Dalasi to naira is about 11 naira or 10 sometimes.
The light is super stable.
The people are nice.

Please ,make more research and come back here to give us more information . What we've here is not sufficient to decide and plan on.GOD bless you, amen.

Once they know u are a Nigerian my guy u go pay money tire if u don't shine your eyes.. and they treat u like a celebrity.

Honestly the environment is conducive very very.. food seems cheap, houses aren't so cheap but you can pay monthly or pay 6 months. 1 year upfront rent payment doesn't happen here unless you the tenant wants to pay upfront.

Ask me anything you wana ask I will give you first hand information.

If it's business Gambia is good not better than Nigeria due to population.

Gambia has about 2 m people, Nigeria well u already know.

You can't be rich rich here..
But you can be extremely comfortable.
Their girls are really cute, extremely dark skin like some senegalese and somalis incase you like women.

And there are alot of retired white people living here ..

They take covid 19 rules very seriously.
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Mrkumareze(m): 10:53am On Mar 03, 2022
Op, abeg help me check how gambia goat be... tired of hearing our igbo brothers calling one *Ewu Gambia*

71 Likes

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Southernigbo: 10:53am On Mar 03, 2022
Crime n Stds must be low there
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by mickeyenglish(m): 10:53am On Mar 03, 2022
MrMcJay:
Thanks for this info. I only hope tech guys handling remote roles are reading this. Get a foreign remote gig, look for a sane environment to live and work and mind your business there.
Not working here in Nigeria that a corporal who joined Police with fake WAEC will be harassing people more educated than everyone in his family for carrying Macbooks.

Hmmmm!
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Ever8090: 10:54am On Mar 03, 2022
Do people still take Nigeria serious?...

The solution to Nigeria problem is rapid onslaught on present and past leaders of the country for the futures ones to learn...

13 Likes

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by udemzyudex(m): 10:54am On Mar 03, 2022
JosephXavier:

So their money get value pass naira?

Awesome

Ghana money get value does it mean their economy is better?

17 Likes

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by udemzyudex(m): 10:54am On Mar 03, 2022
mbahdi:
Sia tinubu.
My only problem here was d 223000 u paid for t.fare,give a wise guy that amount and watch him make millions out of it within months.
Secondly what business do u think will thrive there? Cause planning relocating,and again can't one go by road?cos dat amount u mentioned there is crazy wen one ain't going to america

Na so e easy to make millions.

15 Likes

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by iLoveYouToo(m): 10:54am On Mar 03, 2022
Bullman:
I just got to The Gambia, 4hrs flight from Lagos via air peace ticket cost 223000 one way..so if you are planning for an adventure like me .. it's not a bad destination.

Dalasi to naira is about 11 naira or 10 sometimes.
The light is super stable.
The people are nice.

Once they know u are a Nigerian my guy u go pay money tire if u don't shine your eyes.. and they treat u like a celebrity.

Honestly the environment is conducive very very.. food seems cheap, houses aren't so cheap but you can pay monthly or pay 6 months. 1 year upfront rent payment doesn't happen here unless you the tenant wants to pay upfront.

Ask me anything you wana ask I will give you first hand information.

If it's business Gambia is good not better than Nigeria due to population.

Gambia has about 2 m people, Nigeria well u already know.

You can't be rich rich here..
But you can be extremely comfortable.
Their girls are really cute, extremely dark skin like some senegalese and somalis incase you like women.

And there are alot of retired white people living here ..

They take covid 19 rules very seriously.

They don’t let you take pictures?

4 Likes

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Nobody: 10:54am On Mar 03, 2022
Upload some pictures of their hospitals, schools, babes, residential homes, churches, police stations, roads, resorts and recreational and events centers. Make us to believe you more.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by gabpaul: 10:55am On Mar 03, 2022
Ewu Gambia lipsrsealed

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by adefitim(m): 10:55am On Mar 03, 2022
Anytime I read news about Nairalander traveling like this it motivates me

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Nobody: 10:55am On Mar 03, 2022
Even Monrovia that is recovering from war can boast of 20 to 22 hours power. We are just messed up in this country

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by ashawopikin(m): 10:56am On Mar 03, 2022
Oceanjagaban:

How much for olosho for that side abeg...
grin grin
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by dgr8est(m): 10:57am On Mar 03, 2022
If you need a good Nigerian Food, tell a cab to take you to Serrekunda around Electrical, There's an Igbo guy called "Emeka" He has some restaurants around there. His food will definitely make you feel at home.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Afamed: 10:57am On Mar 03, 2022
gidado14:

what do think will happen if in Nigeria we are just 2 million people?
That's technical question they would not answer you.
That's Gambia as a country is less than Ebonyi state in terms of population

13 Likes

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by kelechi50: 10:57am On Mar 03, 2022
Mrkumareze:
Op, abeg help me check how gambia goat be... tired of hearing our igbo brothers calling one *Ewu Gambia*
Hmmm, Lol
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Baniremi11: 10:58am On Mar 03, 2022
GPS Car Tracker Nationwide Installation. Do it Now, car theft is on the increase

3 Likes

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Okeyy30: 10:58am On Mar 03, 2022
Which part of the Gambia are you staying?

I have been to the Gambia when Yaya Jammeh was then the head of state,

I live in Darlington area of serekunda, and work at Banjul. we hardly get light. Many uses solar.
Unless you are talking about brufut city which I didn't visit Shaa.

Yea their currency get value than Naira, it's hard to get it too.

They people are very friendly but every Nigerians to them is rich that they will benefit from, otherwise you are a fraud.

Whereas many Nigerians I met there are people that fails in their attempts to travel out to Europe mainly through Morroco. Many are stranded.

24 Likes

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by cl0r0x: 10:59am On Mar 03, 2022
Do their girls have big nyases?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by descarado: 11:00am On Mar 03, 2022
To actually do what?

Are you among team foreign gig?
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by internet: 11:00am On Mar 03, 2022
Nonybb:
YOU LIED. ELECTRICITY IS NOT STABLE IN THE GAMBIA

My friend don't be naive. Even Tanzania has steady power supply. All most all the African
nation's has steady power supply. Electricity is not a big deal, just that Nigeria is a shit hole nation.

28 Likes

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by gidado14(m): 11:01am On Mar 03, 2022
Afamed:

Thank you bros, no Nigerian state is just 2 million
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by ashawopikin(m): 11:01am On Mar 03, 2022
cl0r0x:
Do their girls have big nyases?
very imporant kwesion

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by ahamonyeka(m): 11:02am On Mar 03, 2022
Does their ladies give free pussy to nigerians since you said if they findout you are a nigerian?

I like pussycat very much.

4 Likes

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by descarado: 11:04am On Mar 03, 2022
MrMcJay:
Don't worry, the law will catch up with you.

Foreign gig ke.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by FireUpNow(m): 11:04am On Mar 03, 2022
Did you see Kinta Kute the walking by? The root
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by omaclarry(m): 11:05am On Mar 03, 2022
Afamed:

Did Nigeria wake up and became 200million plus? When we had oil boom we wia not up to 100million, yet what our government did was to throw a lavish party for the whole world in the guise of FESTAC 77

26 Likes

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Pavillon: 11:06am On Mar 03, 2022
Welcome to the smiling coast of Africa.

If you're less busy, we can link up during the weekend. Senegambia or Fajara

Cheers!!!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Yemi Osinbajo Chopper Crash-Landed In Kogi (photos) / Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria / Visa Free Countries With The Nigerian Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.