Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

I Just Got To The Gambia - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Just Got To The Gambia (83290 Views)

AMA: Ask Me Anything About The Gambia / I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! / My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Bullman(m): 1:20am On Mar 04, 2022
[quote author=Okeyy30 post=110712456]Which part of the Gambia are you staying?

I have been to the Gambia when Yaya Jammeh was then the head of state,

I live in Darlington area of serekunda, and work at Banjul. we hardly get light. Many uses solar.
Unless you are talking about brufut city which I didn't visit Shaa.

Yea their currency get value than Naira, it's hard to get it too.

They people are very friendly but every Nigerians to them is rich that they will benefit from, otherwise you are a fraud.

Whereas many Nigerians I met there are people that fails in their attempts to travel out to Europe mainly through Morroco. Many are stranded.

I am in Senegambia..
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Bullman(m): 1:25am On Mar 04, 2022
bigcasava1:
Is beer allowed? Because I must drink alcohol oo

Gambians don't care if you drink or not. Muslims keep beer in their refrigerator over here just incase they have a white visitor or any guest that wants a beer. they aren't judgemental like the ones we have in Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Bullman(m): 1:27am On Mar 04, 2022
Enemyofpeace:
Op are good are their girls in bed? Do they have melodious and loud ringtones? Are they screamers, moaners or log of woods like most girls on nairaland? Please answer me as I don’t want to waste my time travelling there for nothing

Girls over here are calm sweet n they actually make u feel like an alpha male and note a bloody simp.
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Bullman(m): 1:38am On Mar 04, 2022
Hollumedeyyyy:
Before to move there, can you help convert the amount of like Room and palour self to Nigeria currency... And again I don't know if they have Keke napep to do business there, so that I can use it to hustle to feed Mai family..Thanks

Keke business is really new here.
There are keke guys in serekunda that's the only place I saw it I think they call keke bajkep or something
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Bullman(m): 1:40am On Mar 04, 2022
Jackanda1:
Bullman, What kind of movie and music is popular there?

Anything foreign.
Their music industry is still young.
They love indian movies too like hausa people.
Nigeria music is the most popular over here
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Bullman(m): 1:43am On Mar 04, 2022
macrodata:
Does Gambia have dual currency market? I mean official rate and black market for their currency?

Yes they do

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Bullman(m): 1:45am On Mar 04, 2022
Yeahmehn:
How can you help your Nigerian brothers complaining about Whatsapp status on nairaland to find wife cos these Nigerian girls na waste of time and money

Most gambian girls are muslims but it doesn't count or mean to them, does religion mean anything to you when it comes to marriage ? Lol
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by abeggnow: 2:04am On Mar 04, 2022
Bullman:

In terms of security .. mehn I won't lie to know Nigeria still have over 50yrs to reach the gambia level thanks to corruption.. my guy the they haven't taken the light since three days now since I got here.
Compared to when I was living here things seem better honestly
which of the Gambia's??
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by godwinstringed1(m): 4:40am On Mar 04, 2022
mbahdi:
Sia tinubu.
My only problem here was d 223000 u paid for t.fare,give a wise guy that amount and watch him make millions out of it within months.
Secondly what business do u think will thrive there? Cause planning relocating,and again can't one go by road?cos dat amount u mentioned there is crazy wen one ain't going to america

If I give you that cash right now, can you please illustrate how you'll multiply it

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Maghan37: 5:50am On Mar 04, 2022
ManirBK:
God already bless you with life and in good condition to hustle but you refuse to see that as blessing. why??
godwinstringed1 post=110732795:

If I give you that cash right now, can you please illustrate how you'll multiply it
?
That is just your interpretation of my statement. FYI i do see it as a blessing, but like all ambitious people i continue to pray and work hard to be in a better place.
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by zedegit: 6:12am On Mar 04, 2022
feelgoodstuffs:
You just got to Gambia and you know all these things within few hours?
OP how long have you been in the country? Anyways If I know when you were about to travel, would have sold you few dalasis I have left.

Do you have contrary opinion? Share it humbly instead of forming boss man.
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by ecomalchemist(m): 7:09am On Mar 04, 2022
mbahdi:
Sia tinubu.
My only problem here was d 223000 u paid for t.fare,give a wise guy that amount and watch him make millions out of it within months.
Secondly what business do u think will thrive there? Cause planning relocating,and again can't one go by road?cos dat amount u mentioned there is crazy wen one ain't going to america

Please come let me give you 150k so you can turn it into millions.

I want to see you how you will perform that kind of Magic in Nigeria at this buharic moment, I'm waiting.

Laughs in rwandese....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by cmoney22222: 7:15am On Mar 04, 2022
Can foreigner open bank account in Gambia and what are the required document[quote author=Bullman post=110731695][/quote]

1 Like

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Marimart: 7:51am On Mar 04, 2022
[quote author=Bullman post=110731394][/quote]
Transport like Keke or what
Are Nigerians allowed to do Keke business there?
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Marimart: 7:52am On Mar 04, 2022
Nemesis08:
I dey Latrikunda bros
Where is latrikunda?
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Fongido(m): 7:57am On Mar 04, 2022
bitbillionaire:

Fantastic question there!

If we were just 2 million people in Nigeria with the same resources we have:

1) All Nigerians would be billionaires
2) Electricity would be so stable Nigerians would never know what it means to be in darkness!
3) Nigerians would never know what generator look like because they would never need it
4) Of course there would be no crime because everybody would be stinking rich and comfortable even when even when jobless.
5):and many more.

God bless Nigeria!

Did you think God gives you that resources by mistake? God knows your population and blessed you with resources that can take enough care of them but greedy and myopic leaders choose to run the country dry. Countries with population higher than Nigeria are they living the way you are? Mtcheeew

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Marimart: 8:02am On Mar 04, 2022
Bullman:

Unless u want a teaching job that pays equivalent to 70k naira u add up other tutorials n earn better . Most people that came into the gambia from Nigeria without really knowing anyone started that way. Not necessary u have to do same tho but getting a job is Gambians first
Can you link one to schools where one can apply to or any Nigerian you know that is into teaching

1 Like

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by MediMedi(m): 9:12am On Mar 04, 2022
2,23000 e cost
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by dochenaj: 9:13am On Mar 04, 2022
janvier27:
I still don't understand why it's cheaper to fly to east African countries which are farther away than to Gambia.
East Africa is not much cheaper though.
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Bullman(m): 10:15am On Mar 04, 2022
[quote author=Marimart post=110735748]
Can you link one to schools where one can apply to or any Nigerian you know that is into teaching[/quote

I won't lie to you I am trying to avoid Nigerians over here., Any time I meet any Nigeria and my accent tries to let them know I am nigerian I get to tell them I am either from Cameroon , Liberia. Most Nigerianz are not really nice people here, they do alot of illegal hustle here being friends with them may get you into trouble.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Bullman(m): 10:17am On Mar 04, 2022
cmoney22222:
Can foreigner open bank account in Gambia and what are the required document

Yes w foreigner can own a bank account
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Marimart: 10:22am On Mar 04, 2022
[quote author=Bullman post=110739353][/quote]
Well,in as much as you are trying to be careful,you can't entirely stay off your fellow country man path as not all of them are into shady stuff I presume,there has to be some good and responsible ones plying legitimate trades or something so, please go close....you never can tell....
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Bullman(m): 10:38am On Mar 04, 2022
Marimart:

Well,in as much as you are trying to be careful,you can't entirely stay off your fellow country man path as not all of them are into shady stuff I presume,there has to be some good and responsible ones plying legitimate trades or something so, please go close....you never can tell....

The ones that are legit,I will open up to..
Just tryna be careful

1 Like

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Marimart: 10:49am On Mar 04, 2022
Bullman:

The ones that are legit,I will open up to..
Just tryna be careful
Yeah,you can easily detect those who are legit or not bro,just shine your eyes and you will know them, meanwhile,I'd like to chat u up privately,do you mind if I send you a mail?
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Bullman(m): 10:51am On Mar 04, 2022
Marimart:

Yeah,you can easily detect those who are legit or not bro,just shine your eyes and you will know them, meanwhile,I'd like to chat u up privately,do you mind if I send you a mail?

Yea it's fine
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by cmoney22222: 11:14am On Mar 04, 2022
What are the requirement pls for any bank you have opened..
Bullman:

Yes w foreigner can own a bank account
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by kechywillz(m): 12:31pm On Mar 04, 2022
Marimart:

How is it in Gambia,for someone who wants to migrate there to hussle, what's the way forward?
I don't stay in Gambia,I said Gabon
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by ranktzy(m): 6:42pm On Mar 04, 2022
Hannover:
Congratulations. Are you staying there permanently? Coz I'm thinking of moving to another country in Africa just that the job I presently do in Nigeria pay very well. But this issue of insecurity, electricity etc is making me go nuts. I'm tired of buying fuel everyday to power my house. Are they jobs there? What do you think about setting up a business there?

You could opt for alternative power solution, so you're not overly dependent on generator in absence of power from the grid.
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Marimart: 7:21pm On Mar 04, 2022
kechywillz:

I don't stay in Gambia,I said Gabon
Oh ok,how is life over there and do nigerians need visa to go there?
Tell us the process please.
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by kechywillz(m): 3:18pm On Mar 05, 2022
Marimart:

Yes,its better than Nigeria in some ways,steady power supply...but things has isn't really rosey as it were before,I left Nigeria last year around September,I think my dad influenced made things easier for me to come over here as he has been doing biz here for over 20years but for someone without knowledge of how things are,you will find it difficult.

Official language here is french.
House rent is monthly basis and pretty expensive unless u are sharing it with someone.
If you don't have capital to start biz,you do manual jobs,offloading and stacking of goods,truck pushing(it fetches more money here)
But if you have capital,you can start with taxi business,start up clothing lines business,shoe business(female wears are more lucrative than that of the male)
Food is relatively cheap here as its easy to get money on daily basis so far you have the energy to work.
Women full here,they are more of Cameroonians,Malians,Senegalese,Burkinabe,there are Nigerians who have been birthed here,you will think they are indigenes,some have never left here since they came here,most of them are married to the women of Gabon hence they don't go back to Nigeria.

That's all I can say for now

3 Likes

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by kechywillz(m): 3:35pm On Mar 05, 2022
Marimart:

If Gabon embassy gives you visa,once you enter flight and enter there country they might probably still deny you entry and deport you back from wherever you are coming from. The only way to come into their country is through illegal means,even if they give you visa from any country except France citizens they will still take you as illegal immigrant. I came in via Ship and my dad pressed a lot of buttons before I was allowed in.

Though it doesn't mean you can't enter their country but someone has to take you or receive you once you enter their country,once you get in,the only problems you will have to evade is police asking you for papers,you probably need to go to Nigerian embassy get a Laissez Passé,mind you it wouldn't really mean you are immune to the police,you will always have like 2k,3k or 5K cefa in ur pocket to settle police in case the arrest you for not having papers,you will really need to save up to a million cefa to get there papers,but lately they stopped giving Nigerians (Carte De Sejour) papers on reasons that Nigerian govt gave them notice about prison escapee's from Nigeria as of last year event that happened at Owerri prison,they don't give papers to people who arrived here from 2020 to date.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Dshocker(m): 5:05pm On Mar 05, 2022
Bullman:

Girls over here are calm sweet n they actually make u feel like an alpha male and note a bloody simp.

An uncle of mine has been in Gambia for more than 20yrs,he has forgotten his people back home and refused to come back,due to the woman that trapped him with voodoo

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

₦360billion, Inside The World's Most Expensive Embassy(Photos) / Working Legally In Austria / From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.